The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Found 2,633 reviews matching the search
Fun & exciting place to work & made life long friendships
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 19, 2017
I loved working for The Disney company. Even though there are cons, I would definitely go back if the right position was to open up. I learned how to style better through all the great cosmetologists there & how to use better time management.
Pros
Discounts on vacations & merchandise, free main gate entrance, free wheelchair or stroller rentals, discounts on food, free parking
Cons
Work every holiday & every weekend & they do not care about your school or family schedule
I enjoyed my projects with Imagineering
Concept Designer | Freelance (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2017
I worked on several freelance projects with a few different folks inside of Disney Imagineering and had a pleasant experience each time. I look forward to working with them again in the future.
Great company
Asst. Dept. Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 19, 2017
It's a great company to work for, but you will give part of your life to the company. You will be compensated and the weekly parties are great. You are expected to meet all your goal, and if not there will be issues.
One of the greatest jobs in the world
BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 18, 2017
Create a magical experience for guest on property. People come to the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts to experience out of this world customer service and the expectations placed by the guest are always exceeded.
Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 18, 2017
Great energetic fun environment love how structured the company is it a great way to show your creative side . If you enjoy the theater than this is the place for you .
High-energy
BANQUET BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 18, 2017
Everyone that works here has a positive attitude. It is a great place to work if you want to make others happy and yourself. It is also a really clean place to work.
Fun Place to Work, but Look Elsewhere for Advancement
Vacation Planner (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 18, 2017
Disney is great place to work if you are just looking for a day to day job with no real advancement, but if you are looking to move up within the company, it is extremely hard to do so unless you are willing to sweet talk your leadership team- and even that does not necessarily give you the best opportunity for promotion.
Walt Disney Company
Travel Planner, Agent (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 18, 2017
Working for Disney was a dream come true. Everyone I worked with from the managers to the staff was very kind. The pay was was less than a person could do to live, and they expected open availability. We got a lot of perks, and park benefits, but I couldn't survive on the pay. I miss working for Disney, but am glad I found something I could live on.
Pros
Free park passes, people, fun.
Cons
Pay and no benefits and quality of life suffered
if your passionate about Disney then this is the job for you
cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2017
greet guest
review new products
management has lack of communication
nice working environment
dealing with tourist
getting people to buy things they don't need
Pros
discounts
Cons
lack of communication
fun workplace with great fellow cast members
Merchandise Hostess/General Teller (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLSeptember 16, 2017
management could use some work, pay could be increased, but overall fun and fast paced place to work. time off is hard to come by, especially for college program participants, but they give everyone a fair chance
Pros
Discounts
Cons
overworked college program students
Great Place to Work Beware lack of pay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 14, 2017
Love working here the only downfall is that i have to work upwards 60 hours a week to afford my bills. Yes the benefits are wonderful but working so much i rarely get to use them. It can be stressful at times when it is busy.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Lack of pay, No work/life balance.
Flexible hours, fun cast members, but low pay with many deductions
Quick Service Restaurant Cashier (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 13, 2017
Although the guest service work at the Disneyland Resort is helpful for future positions elsewhere, the financial compensation does not cover basic costs of living, especially given that many deductions are applied to one/s paycheck. Such deductions include high-priced union dues for union representatives who do not know current procedures or policies.
Pros
Complimentary park admissions and discounts
Cons
Low pay rate and inconsistent management
Nice work place
Procurement Casual Buyer /Representative (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 13, 2017
I don't mind working again for the company given the opportunity.
Pleasant work environment. Work Life Balance. Cover benefits medical, vision, 401K.
Pros
Logistically close to home
Cons
N/a
Great Part time, Temporary or Retirement Job
Merchandise Host (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 13, 2017
This was my college job that I intended to stay at for a few years before progressing to a more "adult" job. The job itself is fun, the guests are great, and the coworkers are some of the best people you could meet. However, the job does not pay well enough to support yourself (not to mention a family or career). I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy my time with Disney, but I'd also be lying if I said I could be here for the rest of my adult life. Following Disney as a career path is difficult due to their promoting process being unreasonably tedious for the differences it makes between an hourly or salaried employee. Some people are cut out for it, most others however, are not.
Pros
Great people, fun job
Cons
Difficult to grow, management can have strong favoritism.
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 13, 2017
fun place to work. i had a great time working there and found nice people to work with. i also had so much fun serving our guest and learning at the same
It's Disney World Never No Negative Vibes
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 13, 2017
.Have To Talk In A Cheerful And Respectful Manner Help Customers Books Rooms Help Set Up Their Payments .Tickets .Taking Incoming Calls Only (Inbound)
Pros
Discounts for staff cast members
Cons
N/a
Fun and Fast paced
Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 12, 2017
Working in Disney theme parks is hard and fun work. The pros are: you get to meet people from around the world, help in making kids and adults days magical. It's not an easy job, but you learn how to interact with new people everyday.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
short breaks
excellent teamwork and communication
Scheduling specialist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 12, 2017
Working for the Disney Resort was a great experience. There are so many avenues to advance in and continue to learn several job skills. The most challenging part of the job was time management with an an increasing workload as the resort continued to grow. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a close knit team that was able to handle all tasks handed to us.
Pros
many team building events and training
Cons
heavy workloads and almost required overtime
great company
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 12, 2017
I loved the job just could not stay due to my previous security position with them. I had intentions of being here long term but that was not in the agenda for me.
Good work and Personal life balance Work from Home facility
Sr. Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 12, 2017
Walt Disney Feature Animation (Disney Animation) may like computers, but it hasn't completely ditched its pens and pencils. The Disney Studios unit develops and produces the animated films for the Mickey Mouse empire that fall outside the Pixar banner. (Sister firm Pixar became a Disney subsidiary in 2006.) Historically a leader in two-dimensional animated films, Disney Animation temporarily abandoned its hand-drawn efforts after repeatedly losing ground at the box office to computer-generated (CG) movies. However, Disney has since resurrected the practice of traditional hand-drawn films, the most recent of which was 2009's The Princess and the Frog. It also releases CG films (Tangled, Bolt).
Pros
Good work and Personal life balance Work from Home facility
Cons
Managers dont take interest in growth of their team members

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2