The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Found 2,302 reviews matching the search
Good
Salesforce Administrator (Former Employee) –  Disney, HCLApril 26, 2017
Nice place to work. It has a friendly environment where manager is approachable. It got very good HR policy and come off as well. They give theme park passes.
It's Disney so it can never be THAT bad
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 26, 2017
The benefits and perks of working within any section of the company are totally worth it. The people are usually really fun to work with (I've never met anyone who didn't have at least a few friends where they work). Of course it's just a job, but it's entertaining.
Fast-paced and fun work environment
STORE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAApril 26, 2017
Work was never boring
I learned quick thinking
The management was always on top of things in terms of scheduling and assessments
Coworkers were great and created an enjoyable environment to work in
Always having "magical" moments with the guests and with each other
Staying in character and always churning out magical language was the hard part but helped me to quickly think of creative ideas
Favorite Job
Disney College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 26, 2017
Being part of the Disney College Program was amazing! I recommend it to everyone! I was a Jungle Cruise skipper and I still cherish those memories. I loved it!
Fun Summer Job
Lifeguard Cast member (Former Employee) –  Buena Vista, FLApril 26, 2017
I worked for Disney several times and you meet great people and really do have fun. The hourly management doesn't do much to help out their employees & there is a lot of drama in the workplace. And the pay isn't great. But you get free park admission and discount so it evens everything else out.
Fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 26, 2017
Awesome was able to meet people from different counties, play with the toys watch movies. enjoy my coworkers they were all friendly and fun liked it because I was able to merchandise the the store.
Wonderful plus a ton of perks!
World College Program Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 24, 2017
Free membership into parks + employee discount
Management is willing to work with each cast member to get all information past across in an effective manner
Fast paced but you get to meet people from all over the world
Magical Company
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 23, 2017
Fun, fast paced job that gives a lot of room for growth throughout the entire company. With easy to understand rules set from the start about how to conduct oneself
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJApril 21, 2017
It was an awesome first job. being part of the crew was amazing because i worked with some really hardworking people. Everything was going smooth until the management team changed. That is when i decided to leave.
Productive place and great environment.
Guest Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 21, 2017
The Walt Disney Company is a great place to work. They offer flexible hours and weekends They offer excellent company benefits and a welcoming work atmosphere to staff and Guests.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Split off dsys
Best place to work and be a part of!
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 21, 2017
Working for The Walt Disney World Company is an honor in itself. Walt Disney would be pleased that all the research and requirements he wanted his cast members to be held to a certain standard to. It is a high volume job which can lead to some stress. But the cast members in each role are one of perfect people. While working for the company each role that was assigend was viewed as just as important. Whether garbage duty or custodial to character you are valued and given the role of making magic come to each guest individually. I would reccommend this company to anyone and would love to be a part of the corporate Disney World CO.
Pros
Fun environment, potential growth, strong company and valued as an employee
Cons
long hours in florida humidity
It's a terrible place to work.
Photopass photographer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 20, 2017
There are zero health benefits, holiday pay, breaks no matter how long I've worked and the managers and staff are so cruel. I've never been treated this way at a work environment for doing nothing wrong ever
Pros
None.
Cons
No breaks, no healthcare, no holiday pay, no over time, and they got rid of tips for the hostesses.
fun but tired
SERVER (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 19, 2017
I loved Disney, but working there was really demanding not well paid and the environment is sometimes overwhelming. good thing is that you get to know different people from different countries.
Pros
annual passes
Cons
not well paid
Productive and fun workplace
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Celebration, FL / Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 18, 2017
Typical day involved normal administrative responsibilities calendar management, meeting scheduling, typing of correspondence, time reporting, answering phones, filing, ordering supplies, making travel arrangements and preparing travel authorizations and expense reports, reconciling corporate cards with expense reports.

Learned various technical skills (operation of VTC, etc.)

Workplace culture - business casual

Most enjoyable part was working with the most talented and creative people in the industry.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Teambuilding events within other departments
The Most Magical Place!
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 18, 2017
I loved working for this company, we had a different manager that took over our department and I became uncomfortable working there. It was such an amazing experience and I learned so much from our Guest Services Director.
Pros
You get to help people!
Abusive for cooks
Cook 1 (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 15, 2017
As a cook we're on their paid over work barely got break and pretty much 6 days week most of the time underappreciated and really abusive my experience with Disney has been horrible as a cook
Pros
I guess free tickets
Cons
No weekends under paid and much more
Lots of fun not a lot of movement
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 14, 2017
Every day is different at Disney and it can be lots of fun, but there really isn't much room for advancement and you definitely won't be raising a family on a Disney salary
Pros
Fun, dynamic
Cons
No upward mobility
Fun place to work at!
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CA 91324April 14, 2017
I enjoyed working here even if it was a seasonal job. The employees, my supervisor, and the customers were always kind. This place was a great first job and I would love to work here again. Being a sales associate, I was able to interact with customers and help them with what they needed.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
small hours
You're working for the privilege of theme access rather than a living wage.
Guest Information & Ticket Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 13, 2017
Your day is spent with constant guest service and you'll either be scheduled too much or too little. I've spent 4 years working here and as much as I've advanced the pay is never enough nor stable to live off of. Some practices are questionable such as constantly hiring part timers but working them full time hours for most of the year with out benefits. It's good for a first job? They train you to be an ideal worker and you'll gain experiences you can't even compare to other company (mostly good but some bad. And I will say i've made many life long friends here.
Pros
going the theme park for free, labor union, a sense of community
Cons
short breaks, underpayed, inconsistant schedules, no weekends free, quesionable business practices
It's the Walt Disney Company!
PhotoPass Photographer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 13, 2017
it's hard to not say this was, by far, the most fun job I've ever had! apart from that, there were some management politics that I didn't agree with. When it came to advancement, it came down to who you know and who likes you rather than what you know and what you can do. The pay was fantastic, however was too low for the area you would have to live to get to work due to it being a high vacation spot.
Pros
uh... DISNEY! free park admission and discounts throughout Disney properties and more, mostly friendly coworkers
Cons
Floridian Weather

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2