The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,859 reviews matching the search
Very relaxed environment
Customer Service and Training (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 25, 2016
This was an amazing job and I like to believe that if they were still in the area that I would still be with the company. I started as a Customer Service Rep taking orders in an inbound call center and quickly became a Guest Relations Specialist taking care of the Customer when things went wrong with the orders. Prior to accepting a role as a trainer I did a season as a Lead with a team of 12 to 16 people under me. The remainder of my time with the company was spent as a Trainer teaching new hires and mentoring them through out their time with the company. Management was great, the people that worked for this company were amazing.
Pros
Free tickets to Disney world packaged with discounts, health care and 401k options
Cons
The company no longer operates within the United States, when I left but they have return to the country not the area.
Corporate Challenges
Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 12, 2016
Disney is an amazing company, though their corporate culture really limits the development of their employees. Management mandates a high degree of deferential treatment to senior leaders and perpetuates a very hierarchical environment. It is difficult and time consuming to drive results. The benefits and pride of working for such a strong brand does offset this negative component somewhat, though working in the Corporate segment presents cultural challenges that are not as prevalent in other companies.
Pros
Brand recognition, benefits, free parks admission, pride in amazing companies
Cons
Too hierarchical, stiff and formal culture in the corporate segment, lack of openness from leadership
Benefits are awesome beyond the salary.
Disney Photo Imaging Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMarch 16, 2016
Typical day at work is with 30,000 to 50,000 people in the Magic Kingdom..You learn how to deal with others and solve issues quickly. Hardest part of the job is dealing with co-workers who dont seem to care about what they do. The most enjoyable part is watching people smile when they meet their favorite character or see the castle for the first time.
Pros
Get into parks for free, health benfits, 401K
Cons
low salary, management, hard to move up
Amazing people centric job with awesome benefits and a positive atmosphere
College Internship (Merchandise) (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMarch 12, 2016
Everyday is different.
Various tasks so the job never gets boring.
Guest interaction is a huge plus.
Management is amazing and helpful.
Dealing with upset guests during the holidays is the most challenge part of the job.
Benefits are amazing.
Pros
amazing benefits, free park entry, discounts, family discounts.
Cons
guest can be crabby during high volume seasons, pay could be better.
Fun and busy workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2015
Excellent place to work if you are naturally an energetic person who loves kids and all things Disney. The pay is horrible but benefits are fanastic. Managers are great, you just need to know hat you are doing and try not to bother them too often. Most of the employees have bring positive attitude to the workplace but you have some that are just rude. Hardest part of the job would be running up & down the escalators, going from floor-to-floor doing guest checks. The most enjoyable part is making a princess (girls) or superhero's (boys) day thus making the parents happy. I just enjoy creating a great magical retail experience for guests.
Pros
Free admission to the parks
Cons
Pay and store traffic
Irreplaceable Experience
Front Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 1, 2016
Disney in general is a company that is great to work for to gain experience. It is extremely competitive and difficult to move up past entry level management. I recommend to work there, but not plan on staying your entire career.
Pros
Culture, experience, perks and benefits
Cons
Pay, stress, recognition
Exciting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 31, 2016
*Learned management skills.
*Learned to associate with various cultures of people.
*Learned to be more creative and organized.
*Possessed timeliness.
*Assisted management with additional duties.
Pros
Management, Casual Work Environment, Flexible Work Schedule
Cons
No benefits
Fun place to work
Resource / Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 23, 2016
Walt Disney was a magical place to work. Relaxed atmosphere, raised desk, gym and great people. I enjoyed working with all different teams such as iOS Developers, android Developers.

Onsite and offsite event planning. I got chance to host Disney event in lots of Hotels in the Seattle area.
Pros
Free Begals
Cons
No parks in Seattle
Productive Work Place
VBA Developer (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 22, 2015
Had plenty of exposure to upper management. Provided with autonomy to design application the best way that I saw fit. Fun environment that celebrated the completion of the project and worked closely with users. Led and supported users to accept new application and methodology even after the main stake holder left the company insuring that department would gain full benefits from the project.
Pros
Was working with colleagues and learning from them as well as build relationships with user group.
Cons
Company budget limited the time and compensation for the project.
fun environment, difficult to advance
Kilimanjaro Safari Ops (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMarch 22, 2016
It is a great company with wonderful ideals, but it is such a large company that you can get lost in the infrastructure. It is difficult to advance within certain departments and the compensation is quite low for the work that I did in my department.
Disney College Program is 10/10
Merchandising at Disney's Resort (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 12, 2016
I recommend everyone in college to apply and try to participate in this program at least once in their life. The benefits are amazing and the experience is priceless.
Pros
Park entry, culture, traditions
Cons
Early shifts
Really good work environment
QSR/Custodial Busser (Former Employee) –  BTR(Custodial busser)February 25, 2016
Perfect place to work if you have a love for Disney. Great work environment. Benefits are phenomenal. Union local 50. Makes sure that you can get to work.
Pros
Free admission to the park, discounts, and free parking, Union.
Cons
Union job; so if you work better than some people then you'll have to wait
great
Stage Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 22, 2016
passionate workers and good work environment career goals lots of benefits caring management i really enjoyed working there it helped me start my path to my career in live sound
Pros
free food
Great place to be
Member Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Celebration, FLOctober 25, 2015
Great benefits lots of perks
Very structured
You feel like part of the magic here
Cast Members are happy
The culture here is very different than anywhere I have worked. A lot of rules and things you need to learn along the way. At times can be very challenging. However peers are always willing to assist when needed. It's a great company with a lot of great people
Pros
Free parks, great benifits
Cons
no work life balance
fun place to work
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 6, 2016
Great place to work and great company, good benefits and but not great compensation or management, good hours a week and a lot of training and certification over the company.
Fast paced work environment with helpful colleagues, but tough work schedules.
Guest Service Agent / Concierge (Current Employee) –  Kapolei, HIAugust 31, 2015
Highly recommended for anyone who is interested in learning about the hotel industry. The company takes care of its employees in terms of perks and retirement benefits, but the challenging work hours and lack of flexibility make it difficult to find a balance between work and personal life. Excellent work environment with helpful colleagues and management at most times; however there is a handful of politics. This is expected of a large company, but also due to the high turnover rate. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unreasonable / demanding guests and trying to stay motivated as job content lacks personal merit. The best part of the job is working along side friendly colleagues and seeing guests smile.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks, free lunch, free parking, discounted rates, other employee perks
Cons
unsteady work hours, late shifts, weekly schedule assignments make it difficult to plan ahead
Merchandise in Magic Kingdom
Cast Member, Magic Kingdom (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 7, 2016
Disney is a great place to work. Pay is very low but the benefits are great and offset that. If you are able to put in long hours to very early in the morning, it is great.
Good Company
Multimedia Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 15, 2015
Disney has it down for work life balance. There has been some well deserved bad press lately on outsourcing work but at it's core a good company founded on good principals. The company has excellent benefits and much of the management still holds the principals in high standing.
Interesting work and great ppl
Graduate Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 17, 2015
I had a good experience with the company, great people and work-life balance at least in my team. The work was interesting but I wish that they gave more responsability on the projects I was given. The full time employees have great benefits but people stay in their positions for a long time so it's hard to be promoted.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
litle upward movement
Fun place to work depending on what you do...
Mail Messenger (Current Employee) –  Walt Disney Studios< burbank, CaOctober 12, 2015
Its a good place too work depending on what you do there. Each department is responsible for there own groups. My typical day is busy. Thats the best part, quick days that go by fast. I also the interaction that my job affords me. Twelve people to facilitate an entire studio as well as off studio locations. Micro managed with bells and whistles and constantly watched are some the things I don't care for. My management team is inexperienced and clueless at there craft. Those are the the hardest parts of the job. Most of my coworkers and the workers at the company are good people. Yet a lot of stuff falls through the cracks of such a large corporation. Since its entertainment theres a fair amount of red tape and politics. Over the last few years it has seemed to increase with the acquisition of Pixar, Marvel and Lucas Films. Its still a good company overall, but it isn't really Disney anymore. The company perks are the best part about the job, though they have limited or completely eliminated through the years as the company has become more profitable. The atmosphere is also a welcomed sight. How many people can say they work at major movie studio.
Pros
Free passes, good benefits, illusion of entertainment
Cons
People treated differently, not supportive management

4.3