The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

I loved my time at the Disney Store Arcadia (545)
Disney Store- part time cast member (Former Employee), Arcadia, CAAugust 30, 2015
I began my Disney adventure as a PT seasonal employee and I ended staying for almost 5 years. My fellow cast members were like my family, I learn so much about myself. I learned so my different aspect in the retail business. I was given the opportunities to try my hand in management, that allowed me to grow my manager skills.
fun
Attractions Host (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAAugust 28, 2015
it was great but not worth the pay. not a really good place to work at for minimum wage. People get underpaid there. Crew members were accountable for many things.
Dream Job!
Front Desk Cast Member (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLAugust 26, 2015
Pros: friendly work environment, great benefits
Cons: sometimes cranky guest
Seriously! I hate that i left this company, I was basically handed a job on a silver platter however due to a medical scare (cancer) I freaked out and left. Even after leaving friends i had made stayed in touch and even a few managers.

I will hopefully be able to return to working for the mouse again.
It's not all magic!!
Cast Member (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Good feeling making guests happy
Cons: Management
It was a great place to work at and meet many new friends. I'll miss them all. Managers on one hand is another story. I think they all forget that they were cast members at one time. I would have gave them one star but there were one or two that made it enjoyable. The most memorable part of my job was making magic for guests.
Training, Lead, and Hostess of Attractions day operation
Attractions Hostess/Trainer/Lead (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Timely breaks and lunches; opportunities of advancement
Cons: Low pay and under appreciation from management
A typical day may vary based on the job required. Training is typically 24 hours spaced over three days. This is the time in which new hires or cross training at the attraction is done, teaching individuals how day operation is ran based on an operational guide and Disney Four Key standards. As a floor Lead, you are to lead cast by example, perform performance and show audits, and act as a supervisor for the attraction. When necessary, provide guest recovery as well as provide coaching for cast members on inappropriate conduct.
can be great if you love the company
Busser/Stewart/Food Prep (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAAugust 23, 2015
Pros: free admission to the park for you, friends, & family
Cons: no health care, slow advancement, poor pay.
The normal work day is whatever your scheduled for, if its four hours depending on your position you might be extended to a mandatory 8 hours.
liked the job but not management
Order Processor II, Trainer (Former Employee), Jonesville, SCAugust 22, 2015
Pros: close to home
i worked in several postions with the company but if management didnt like you it was difficult to deal with...didnt promote within the company
Children's Center
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Glendale, CAAugust 21, 2015
The employees are very supportive of each other and the families included in that as well. Casual sub is great because you are able to float from different classrooms to engage with different demographics of children.
Fun working environment
Typhoon Lagoon Seasonal Slide Operator Cast Member (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Cast parties for certain celebrations
My typical day is that I start my day in Typhoon Lagoon early in the morning with my co-workers cleaning the park making it ready for the guests that are coming in. The co-workers always have a great attitude for working and the guests and other co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching families at the meet and greet area for Lilo and Stich. The hardest part is dealing with certain guest situations. The management is always willing to go out of their way to help the cast members with either problems on the job or problems when it is a scheduling conflict.
Fun place to work
GPS Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 19, 2015
Who wouldn't enjoy working for one of the world's largest and well-known companies!? I have enjoyed working for the company and creating magic for guests.
Great place, much advancement opportunity and growth
Area Manager-Michael Lolli (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAAugust 19, 2015
It is a great job and it pays decent. Disney really is strict when it comes to work appearance and what they look for in your performance, but it is very worth it.
enjoyed my experience
Store Manager, HR Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 18, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: work load
great company, great benefits & teams that can appreciate the hard work of the team in the retail stores. The expectation of the only salaried person is a bit much, not the support that one would exoect
Fun, productive, educational, happy, enjoyable.
Cast Member (Former Employee), Arcadia, CAAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Playing, helping children, and their parents find their special toy. Getting education, on how to be a great customer service representative, getting experience with money. Enjoying working with high spirited co-workers.
Cons: NA
The Disney store is almost like working at Disneyland it is amazing. I adore working with children because they are so much more enthusiastic about anything they see. I enjoyed playing with the children and making them feel that even though aren't at Disneyland that they can still have a magical time when they come into a Disney realm. At the Disney store i got to work the register, stock the counters with products and merchandise, I was above all though the customer service. I got to help the children and even the adults that were very passionate about Disney find their magical friend. I enjoyed working with my co-working because they all had very high energy and all were highly motivated to help and do team work when it came to a problem one of us had.
Best place I've ever worked.
Paid College Internship (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 17, 2015
The most fun and efficient company that I've ever worked for. The management team was always ready to help no matter what. The coworkers were also always friendly and willing to lend a helping hand.
Excellent Company
Director, Marketing (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 17, 2015
The Walt Disney Company, Disney Parks has provided many once-in-a-lifetime experiences during my career. Their focus on guest satisfaction is top notch and second to none.
Like every company, there are politics and typical work circumstances but overall it is a fulfilling place to work and strives to make guests happy.
A cozy work environment with fruits and cofee
QA Engineer (Software Tester) (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Free Cofee and fruits
Cons: I can't think of any
It is a highly recommended place to work. The work environment is beautiful and workers are treated with respect and dignity.
Entering Into The World Of Disney
Attractions Cast Member (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Free Park Admission On Days Off
Cons: Bad Hours and Low Pay
Disney is a fun place to work and gives one the opportunity to spend the day in the park helping guests in and out of attractions while preforming character roles. As a cast member as long as you follow the rules everything goes real well. Pay was low and work hours were tough for Cps, but overall it was great experience for the amount of time spent there.
Fun to work and great learning experience
Merchandise Cast Member (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 12, 2015
Pros: people interaction, 20% discount on disney merchandise
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work was fast and continually busy. I learned so much about retail and customer service. The management there was amazing and they really wanted to help us benefit and also keep an eye out for the company. My coworkers became like family to me. I loved them all. The hardest part of the job were the long and rough hours. The most enjoyable part of the day was anytime something great happened where I could make someone smile.
Enjoyed the atmosphere of working with joyful people
Parking Attendant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 11, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: Cons: None, really.
My typical day at work begins with a good bye kiss from my wife, I drive to work and perform my daily duties. i have learned that there are many different people and different cultures and I love to utilize my talents in trouble shooting as needed. Management is a vital part of a company. one must follow protocol. I love to work with co-workers. On a personal level I feel that finding enough time to spend with friends and family is the hardest part of my job. The most challenging part of my job is trying to get the best from every individual in my team. The most enjoyable part of my job is to help as much as I can. I am a reliable person. I love to work!
Fun job
Parking Attendant (Former Employee), Magic kingdom Parking LotAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Good hours, free Disney passes, and discounts
Cons: Really late nights
I liked working there, i got good hours, i worked a lot. when pay check time came i had a lot of money. I also learned how to interact with guests better at work. My co- workers were fun to work everyone always made jokes. it was really fun job. the most enjoyable part about the job was getting paid and having that big check