The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,898 reviews matching the search
very fun
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJune 23, 2016
loved working around kids , an amzaing experience ... very chill job , just show intrest at all times and keep a possitive out look on the job
Walt Disney
Sr. Software Engineer - Mobile (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 23, 2016
Disney Mobile apps will enhance the user experience for Disney parks and resorts. Mobile app provides estimated wait times for attractions, view entertainment schedules, browse interactive maps. Locating park attractions on the map, special field’s - PhotoPass for picture identification, FastPass for accessing fast lane inside the park, ticket purchasing, credit-card scan using JUMIO SDK are offered to User. The Mobile app supports multiple languages
High School Job
Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 21, 2016
This was a good starter job. It was not the ideal place to work but was a good job for being in high school. Employees were fun to work with and management was very kind.
great benefits, great way to gain experience
Advanced Sales Associate, All Star Team (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJune 21, 2016
I gained a lot of knowledge observing all the different day to day operations of the Walt Disney Company while I worked there. Although my role was mainly sales oriented and goal driven, I still had to be a part of the magic and making sure guest service was not forgotten about. In the end, people pay a lot to spend their time at Disney. I was there to help make it enjoyable while letting them know about disney vacation club.
more involved
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  1540 broadwayJune 20, 2016
the managers are to involved in the personal more then professional and conflicted with the work that needed to be done.
Cast Member - Disney Store
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAJune 17, 2016
On calls are required and make it hard to have a life. It's just a retail, part time job, it's ridiculous. You cannot move up in the company. It's almost impossible. For $1/hour more, you can apply for leads when they are available (only seasonal/someone steps down) and do a lot of what the managers do and a lot more than the cast member duties, and it's not worth it. Typically it's you and one or two cast members, typically just you and a manager some nights, even busy nights, and it's not fun or worth it. They are always busy but never use on calls so that time you set aside is wasted. 5-10 hour work weeks don't pay the bills, which isn't fair when you're a college student and cannot get another job. You get free Disney Park tickets but how is that a benefit when you make $30-$100 a week and can't afford to even go unless you're the manager. If you need to switch or call off, you get a "point" and three points in a rolling 90 day period gets you fired. That's not fair either, because what if things happen or occur and you cannot control them? If you do shipment, be prepared to not get your entitled break, either.
Pros
None?
Fun friendly environment
California Grill Seater (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 17, 2016
Learned how to work with guests from all over the world and how to communicate better with guests. Co-workers were all very happy and friendly which provides a very enjoyable work environment.
Happiest Place to Work.
Secretary III - Administrative Assistnat (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 16, 2016
TWDC is the a great place to work. Managment, co-workers are all team oriented people that are willing to share with others what it takes to advance in the Company. A very family friendly place to work. I enjoyed TWDC as my work was valued by management and co-workers alike.
Pros
Advancement and project possibilities.
Cons
Entertainment industry is continually open.
Fun place for a Call center
Vacation Advisor I (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 15, 2016
At the time lots of transitions made you question the management's ability to manage. It was hands off management and systems placed to bump you out if you did not comply quickly enough.
SENIOR PROGRAMMER (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 15, 2016
Laid back, exciting work and a creative environment. Management that cares about you and career. Talented co workers who want to create the best possible product.
Amazing Place To Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TX 78664June 14, 2016
Fun place to work. Amazing staff and management!!! Everybody cares for one another like a family and it couldn't be a better place to work!
The Walt Disney Company taught be so much and was such a great working environment.
attractions hostess (Former Employee) –  Walt Disney World, FLJune 13, 2016
· Responsible for the operation of ride systems at It’s A Small World and Peter Pan’s Flight Attractions – Fantasyland, Magic Kingdom, and Disney Quest, Disney Springs, while maintaining the safety standards of the Walt Disney Company
· Ensure positive guest experiences on a daily basis by providing courteous, efficient, and knowledgeable service
· Exhibit excellent time management skills in high volume attraction areas
· Proficient in audience control for Special Events
· Provide assistance and answer guest questions as a Greeter in the newly designed Disney Springs location
Pros
creating magic daily
I didn't like it at all
Picker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 13, 2016
Overworked, underpaid, lied to and promised this and that. Company does not appreciate their employees....no advancement no raises...etc. Lie after lie...sounds good until u see all the things that goes on behind the scene
Great company
TRAVEL AGENT (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 12, 2016
I have worked for the Walt Disney Company for more than nine years. I am grateful for all the leadership training and experience they have provided me. I have not left the company or have plans on leaving. I like to keep my resume posted to see what positions may come up.
Pros
Many
Cons
Few
I like this job, always doing something different
Scenic Fabrication (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 12, 2016
Management and co-workers are all very nice people.
I've learned how to do some things in the floral department that I've never done before.
Most enjoyable was going into the theme parks to do some work.
Pros
hours
Amazing company to work for even better people to work with
Designer (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 11, 2016
I miss working for Disney, they treated everyone equal and with the utmost respect. The people I worked with were amazing and still keep in close contact with them. I would work for Disney again if I ever have the opportunity to again.
Pros
People, Office, Break room, everything is perfect
Cons
Can't think of anything
Very educational, loved it, would recommend it to anyone
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 10, 2016
it has been a dream come true! I have learned so much, and can't wait to take it back home once it is time for me to leave. I was merchandise at Hollywood Studios then extended through the summer at Animal Kingdom
Fun environment but long hours.
Compute sales prices (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 9, 2016
I learned how to treat every person as an individual. It was a quick pace environment and gave me insight into how a Fortune 500 company works from the ground up.
Overall amazing opportunity
Exercise Coordinator Professional Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 8, 2016
I completed a 6-month internship at Mickey's Cast Fitness Center and had an incredible experience. Leadership was great and benefits of free admission to the parks was a great plus.
Temp Job
Macintosh Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 7, 2016
worked as a contractor through temp agency Romac Inc, excellent place to work, implemented new system Mac network and linked to Network.
Pros
good environment
Cons
temp job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Best places to work in
Restaurants, Travel and Leisure
5. The Walt Disney Company
6. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
7. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts