The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Great place to work for disney lovers.
Cashier/ Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 9, 2016
Great company to work for, very involved in the community. If you love Disney you would enjoy working for this high pace company.
Fun work place with genuine employees
Disney Dining Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 7, 2016
My experience with Disney Dining was great. Through them I learned a lot of communication skills. It taught me patience with guests that aren't easy to deal with. Even though it was our job to keep a smile on our face, my co-workers were genuinely kindhearted. The job wasn't hard, the only time it was challenging were the times when call volume reached 80-100 calls waiting. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the magic happen for all guests, especially those who were agitated from the very beginning. Once they saw the hard work we put into trying to get reservations for their vacation their attitudes would change and by the end of most phone calls they would tell me I made their day. That was the best part of the entire job, guest satisfaction.
Magical
Performer, Pageant Helper (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 5, 2016
There is always a new magical experience waiting to happen when you walk into work. Every day is just as wonderful as you make it.
Disney ABC
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Disney ABC is a good company to work for. Work/life balance is really good and appreciated by the employees. Coworkers are nice and easy to get along with.
Could be a fun place, but I am not happy in department
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 2, 2016
Very difficult to advance a career if you are an assistant.
Disney seems to think once an assistant, always an assistant.
Amazing experience
Global Mobility International Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 31, 2016
Great place to work that respects work-life balance like none other. No regrets being part of the team. If you're lucky enough to get an offer, think hard before turning it down.
Not bad
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 26, 2016
Working for the Walt Disney company is a great opportunity to learn and grow in a professional level. The ethiks and drive needed to work in this amazing company will push and test you but for those few that can overcome the difficult trials will find not only a fulfilling career but also a family.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Lack of respect for college program cast members.
Wonderful Co-Workers and Great Managment
Cashier/Guest Help (Former Employee) –  Deptford, NJJanuary 18, 2016
I loved working with Disney and it is by far one of the best experiences I have ever had. My co-workers were great to work with and so was management.
Pros
Co-Workers and Overall Great Experience
fun workplace
Attractions Host (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 14, 2016
enjoyed my time while working for The Walt Disney Company as an attractions cast member. It was a great experience and had the best co-workers ever.
Hostile Work Environment
Cultural Representative/Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 13, 2016
Very hostile work environment, draconian first line cultish supervisors, employees intimidated to not talk about or seek redress of issues.
Pros
non
Cons
working poverty

Want to know more about The Walt Disney Company?

Ask a question
Great place to make friends and good work
World Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 12, 2016
Great company to work for with a lot of good benefits for their workers. Managers actually care about employees and are willing to help out whenever needed. also a great company to be at
Avalanche Software
Producer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 12, 2016
I really enjoyed working for Disney. The benefits are great, and working on some of the greatest brands on earth is an amazing opportunity.
Merchandise in Magic Kingdom
Cast Member, Magic Kingdom (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 7, 2016
Disney is a great place to work. Pay is very low but the benefits are great and offset that. If you are able to put in long hours to very early in the morning, it is great.
Great company to work for. Many perks.
Manager, National Promotions (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 6, 2016
I worked for the Walt Disney company for 18 years before I was let go due to a department reorganization. My co-workers were amazing and we were busy everyday managing partners and internal groups. The team was always ready to lend a helping hand when things got overwhelming.
Pros
Annual Disneyland pass, attending premieres, business trips and a pleasant team to work with.
Twdc
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  N Hollywood, CAJanuary 6, 2016
Fun, fast paced, always changing company
work/life balance is understood
great perks
culture and history of Walt Disney
Pros
it is Disney
Cons
yearly reorganization of departments
The overall environment was fantastic.
Park Operator (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 3, 2016
Being able to create happiness for each and every guest was an unforgettable experience. The cast members were supportive, positive and friendly. Before working at Disney's California Adventure, I was quiet and reserved. After learning how to provide the perfect customer service, I am now outgoing and confident at work.
Pros
Watching Fireworks every night.
Cons
3 hour Commute
Working Lead, Inventory/Star Wars Launch Bay (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 2, 2016
Sadly not Walt's Disney anymore. Entry level management is looking to make a name for themselves and care little for those who they manage. Senior leadership can sometimes show compassion, but in my limited time with the company it seems that everyone is willing to walk over you to advance.
Pros
Free park admission
Cons
horrible entry level management
Disney is a company that treats every employee as an individual and has an "open door" approach.
Vacation Itinerary Planner/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 1, 2016
The Disney mission statement is: "Exceed the expectations of each and every guest by creating magical moments." One of the things I enjoyed the most was creating those magical moments by designing a vacation my guests would remember the rest of their lives.

Working in my position as a Vacation Itinerary Planner/Supervisor, I learned patience and how to be productive in a fast-placed environment without direct supervision. I learned how to interact with customers and cast members with diverse backgrounds.

Working with Disney, I not only honed my professional skills, I grew as a person too. I was proud of the work I did and that made me more self-confident in my personal life as well.
Pros
Work and life balance. Working for a brand name I can be proud of. Outstanding work is recognized
Positive Atmosphere, Fun and uplifting but also strictly adheres to Company policies
e-Commerce Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 31, 2015
I love working a the travel Company for Walt Disney. The people, from the managers on down are there to help.
Training is something you will find as an ongoing process which I really like. I love to learn something new to add to my knowledge bank.A typical day is clocking in for the beginning of my shift, setting up my desk and computer screens to have all corresponding websites available to help online customers in their technical issues and questions regarding the set up for booking their own vacation online.
We also handle emails form past customers with issues regarding there previous stay. Some Good and Some very challenging. My job is to make them leave feeling that they were heard and that you have done everything within your power to sprinkle a little pixie dust and make them feel all is well.
Co-workers are the most important part of Disney and Cast members are of a special breed of customer service individuals and some of the nicest people I could ever work for.. We are taught to Create Happiness, even if we have to say no. This takes a lot of finesse.
I only wish that my schedule and pay was as positive as everything else this company has to offer.
Pros
Atmosphere, Disney privileges, Cast acknowledgment events
Cons
Clocking procedure, short breaks, short lunches if busy.
The Walt Disney Company, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with five business segments: media networks,
Ruby on Rails Developer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 16, 2015
• Provided the best components of the Ruby-on-Rails to deliver high quality solutions to customers at maximum speed
• Involved in the entire software development lifecycle, using Agile methodology.
• Developed in Rails, JavaScript/jQuery.
• Dived into complex SQL joins generated by Active Record in search of a performance problem.
• Helped in digging into unfamiliar codebases in order to understand a bug and solve a problem.
• Actively cooperated with the teammates, whether they are local or remote. Took feedback graciously and helped fellow developers improve when reviewing their code.
• Used RESTful API to gather sales related data for products.
• Designed the front end application using Rails 4.0, CSS, AJAX and JQuery
• Managed code with unit tests and GitHub
• Worked in Test Automation using Selenium Web Driver, Rspec, Cucumber and Capybara.
• Used Test Driven Development(TDD) and Behavior Driven Development(BDD )

4.3