The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Found 2,353 reviews matching the search
Magical place of work
Intern/Chef's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2017
Nothing beats the magic of DIsney, it was fun, inviting and simply magical. The most enjoyable part was free entry to any disney park and the perks and benefits of being a disney cast member.
Pros
free park entry
Cons
low wage
Best job I ever had
Disney College Program Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2017
Working at Disney was a great experience. I worked in Magic Kingdom and I found that the cast members are treated very well. We often got free food and snacks at work, always had something exciting going on and a lot of the guests were fun to talk to. My favorite part of the job was "making magic" and getting to make peoples vacations better.
Pros
free annual pass and free tickets for hours worked
Fun place to work!
MERCHANDISE HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 20, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working at WDW. My managers were very supportive and helped me learn new skills within a few months of working there. I wish that my schedule was more consistent, it was difficult to have a life outside of work.
The Place That Granted Me My Destiny
DCP INTERN & CAMPUS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 19, 2017
The Walt Disney Company has a reputation of making dreams a reality. Therefore, they helped me shape mine. I'm very grateful to have worked for a company with culture, heritage, history and reputation that I've cherished since childhood.
Pros
Great Company, Good Experience, Intro to Real World Living
Cons
N/a
Love working with public and a happy place to be
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 18, 2017
Working for Disney is a job either love or hate. You need to understand the Disney magic and embrace it. Everything is explained the the expectations are high.
Pros
Great perks
Disney College Program
Disney College Program / Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 18, 2017
I took place in the Disney College Program and was given a housekeeping position. It was a very fast paced environment and cast members were held to a very high standard. However, it was still a very fun experience.
Definitely my favorite place to work
Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2017
WOW. There are no other words to describe this company. They give you amazing benefits and wonderful hours. The best part of the job is making magic for everyone.
Disney Store!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 17, 2017
I'm going to be very honest if you love Disney you'll love working here. I loved making kids happy and actually felt like being a kid working here which was fun it was a seasonal job which made pay very suckish but, otherwise its a great company with great benefits not to mention free Disney world tickets for just being apart of the team!!!
Pros
Disney Tickets, Discount, Free Stuff
Cons
Pay
Not fun.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 16, 2017
Not an environment i would like to work in again. Rude coworkers. Never returned back my calls. Only fun part was playing with the kids and at the cash register
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Rude people
Great Place to Work
Front Desk Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 16, 2017
Disney is a great place when first starting off. They teach great fundamentals when it comes to guest services. The show you all the thing you need to learn while creating a fun work place.
I love Disney
Steward/Stewardess (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLMay 16, 2017
Disney is an all around great company to work for. On the other hand the position that I worked was too much for a woman, but overall nice, good benefits, friendly environment.
Pros
Perks are awesome
Cons
Being able to switch to another position
Disney store aventura
sales person / stock (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLMay 16, 2017
I work there in the stock deparment and olso as sale person very nice place to work very organize to work relaxin i will recoment to work there and the mall very busy place
Fun co-workers, hard hours
Store Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 15, 2017
"We work while others play" is the slogan every new cast member must repeat at orientation. If you are the "others" this slogan is great. For the Disney worker this means missing out on almost all important famiy events and holidays. The work environment is fun for the most part, but very stressful at times.
Pros
Get into the park for free
Cons
Long hours, 8 hour turn-around on weekends
Great opportunity
Advance Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 15, 2017
I have made great money working for Disney Vacation Club. I have been given great training and a fantastic skill-set to use in any future careers. Its fast paced and competitve
Great place to work, but low pay
Participant (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 15, 2017
The excitement of making magic is a rewarding, but the pay is not great for a career. They do, however, recognize potential if you are willing to work extremely hard at what you do.
Pros
Park Tickets & Discounts
Cons
Low pay
fun and interactive workplace
Call Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 15, 2017
This job is very fun. but very stressful. the customers were very rude and did not have any respect for empolyees. One of the manager was kinda arrogant and rude and really didnt want to help with training. but overall i think its fun most of time but probably will go back if i had the chance.
Pros
longs breaks, snacks and movies
Cons
customers very rude
Disneyland
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 14, 2017
I love love loved my job at the Disneyland resort. I have absolutely no complaints about it despite knowing many people who hated the job. Maybe it's because I'm a kid at heart or maybe it's because I've always loved Disney and have always wanted to work there, so maybe that it but who knows. Everyone has different experiences so maybe yours will differ from mine but I love it.
Pros
The Disney benefits
Cons
Cranky guest
Bet 106 & park
Disney Dreamers Weekend Reporter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 13, 2017
Disney Dreamers Weekend coverage for BET's 106 & park music show. Interviewed red carpet and work shop participants. Traveled to cover and present package.
Great Career with Great Benefits
Guest Services Associate & Trainer (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 13, 2017
I work at the hotels which are never slow. It is very fast paced and you look out for yourself. The management is not too helpful and you are encouraged to do things yourself. You find your own solutions. I love assisting the guest throughout their whole vacation. The hardest part are the guest that just want to complain.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Inconsistency
Fun place to work
Attractions Hostess (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 13, 2017
Every day is a little different and you are able to interact with people from all over the world. Opportunities for advancement and fair practices. In the off seasons there aren't as many hours available.
Pros
fun, discounts
Cons
some time very few hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2