The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Found 2,060 reviews matching the search
Great cast members, poor management
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 19, 2016
The company as a whole seems to lack the magic it was first inspired by and more money hungry. management needs to be restructured throughout the company - at least in parks & resorts - and there should be better pay. The benefits are great and the cast members are incredible. The company is misleading in regards to career advancement - you are told you can move up but company loyalty seems to not matter since alot of higher positions seem to come from outside whereas current cast members stay stagnant in their current roles which creates frustration and resentment - this needs to change. Also, the pay needs to improve - cast members are the face of Disney and should be treated with more love and respect - cast members are being paid at poverty rates which is not cool.
Overall good company for which to work
Sr. Financial Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 7, 2016
Overall, the company is enjoyable. The company does a lot of good in the community and being part of the brand can be fun. As a general rule, there are fun team building events and quality leadership to help with professional development. There are plenty of opportunities to learn something new if you take initiative.

I wish there was more work-life balance in the company as a whole. Some departments are better than others. Not all departments emphasize or hold as many team events either.

I have heard other companies pay better salaries, but the total benefits package is nice. Good medical, decent retirement plans, and other fringe benefits for a good total package.
Pros
Lots of leaning oportunites
Cons
Work life balance is not a priority in all departments
Incredible environment for creative growth.
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  BurbankOctober 7, 2016
A great opportunity to enrich and enhance the lives of an under served target audience. Working within the Disney company provided amazing exposure and chances for advancement. As with any large company senior management can be a challenge as they often are listening to financial as opposed to the audience. Resulting in slow release and often behind the curve in core deliverables. All in all a very positive environment with expected shortfalls.
Pros
Creative workforce, team environment great benefits.
Cons
Senior management often impedes progress due to relational issues.
Fun Place to Work
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cinderella's Castle, Magic KingdomAugust 9, 2016
The Walt Disney Company has many benefits for workers, such as free park entry, and discounts on all merchandise, some food locations, and lodging.
For the bibbidi bobbidi boutique, a typical day would consist of coming into work with a positive, happy, smiling attitude and greeting the guests while in the Cinderella themed language. Management was personable, and willing to help when I had questions. The hardest part of the job was having a language barrier between some of the guests and myself. Luckily I speak Spanish, so I was able to help, not only myself while working, but also my coworkers, who called me over often to help with a Spanish speaking family. My favorite part of the job, was finally seeing the little girls face when she finally saw herself as a princess for the first time, and knowing I made a child smile, and to have the little girl really believe that she is a princess in the most magical place on Earth.
Pros
Amazing guest interactions, being covered in pixie dust, sweet coworkers, making magic for the guests.
Cons
Specifically in the BBB there was very limited room for advancement.
Not for teachers!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJune 29, 2016
Yes you read it right, Disney has a children's center in Burbank and Glendale and I had the unfortunate pleasure of working at the Glendale site. These teachers are so prideful and rude, you couldn't do anything without getting snitched on to management that you're not being "Disney show" The needs of the children never come first, it's always look good in front of parents. The management played favorites, even teachers who were cussing other teachers out, nothing happened to them because they were favored. People with bad attitudes got to do whatever they want, like sweep sand all day and not even interact with the kids.
I had to watch my back everyday for fear of my job. This place doesn't know a thing about education and professionalism.

I'm sure the rest of the company is fine, but if you're thinking of working at their preschool I would think twice. It was not a great experience at all!
Pros
Good benefits
Interesting Workplace
Quick Service Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 28, 2016
For many this can be a place where many dreams come true, and working for this company I did find much friendship and happiness in my time there. Unfortunately I also had some bad experiences. Disney works very much on a seniority basis, the longer you've been there the more benefits and oppurtunities you get with the company. Starting from the bottom however is not much fun. I also noticed that they need to work on their treatment of their employees. It is a very large company so it is possible this isn't everywhere but where I was it was very bad.
Pros
Free admission to Walt Disney Parks
Cons
Very longs 40+ hr work weeks
Great supportive work environment!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 14, 2016
Excellent work-Life balance.
Excellent Benefits.
Management is fair.
Everyone at Disney loves the Brand- mutual interests and dedication to the brand.
Multi-tasking and ability to work effeciently while insuring guest only see's the Magic a must.
Best thing about working for the brand- Almost everyone loves Disney and loves to tell their stories of favorite Disney Moments!
Wonderful workplace!
SENIOR ARTIST (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 8, 2016
Great people and projects. I learned a lot about film, video games, and writing. I loved working with the Disney properties and expanding my understanding and skill set. Everyone was encouraging and hard-working. The video game industry is rough and the hours are long but the management and co-workers tried hard to make it enjoyable despite the hard deadlines.
Pros
Great people, good benefits
Working Together Like a Family
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 18, 2016
Disney is the best at providing various avenues to help me on my career path towards success and moving up. During that whole exciting and memorable journey, the amazing level of networking opportunities within the company and health and life balance offerings to the employees enables employees like me to balance family, life's unexpected events, and health while still enjoying your work.
Pros
Giveaways, benefits.
Learned a lot from this company.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 17, 2016
Working at Walt Disney was challenging and fulfilling as well.
The trainings and the systems were wonderful experiences for me. I treasure them and have used them on my next work assignments.

I worked at Disney very seriously that I felt challenged in succeeding every role I got.

Management at Disney depended on the personality. I knew that overall the company had good management.

Working with Disney was very fulfilling.
Pros
Trainings and experiences.
Cons
Compensation

Want to know more about The Walt Disney Company?

Ask a question
Disney College Program
Merchandise (Former Employee) –  World of DisneyAugust 14, 2016
I have made some of the best memories here and met so many interesting people. The environment is fast-paced at the store I worked (World of Disney). Had a wide range of responsibilities which made it a great learning experience.
Pros
Easily able to trade shifts in the Merchandise role, managers and coordinators at my store were very helpful, it felt like a big family. Free admission to parks. Fun events and volunteer opportunities.
Cons
Being in the college program, the benefits and compensation are not so great.
Fun and fast paced workplace
Events team Castmember (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 5, 2016
Working for Disney was the best job I've had in retail. It is magical as one would say. There is plenty to learn and experience and can be as fun as you make it. I would be there longer if I could make a living off of it but that is retail for you. The perks might be worth it for some if you can use them. Great people as well.
Being one of the biggest entertainment corporations in the world there is some prestige for what it is. That said, there should provide the best salary in retail.
Pros
Lots of perks within and out of the company. Very fun to be a part of and engage in.
Cons
Lower pay than one would expect.
Great quality company, benefits outweigh costs
Senior Financial Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 14, 2016
People are generally helpful and competent. Disney benefits and discounts are very worthwhile, especially in SoCal/Florida area. Pay and other basic health benefits are a bit below average. Big company means you have to take initiative and drive own career
Great Networking possibilities
Guest Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 23, 2016
Good base for learning and developing in your career as you start out. Able to grow your personal and professional brand by partnering with various different departments on a daily basis. Good medical and educational benefits.
Magical and enjoyable workplace, where you get to make dreams come true
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 19, 2016
A typical day of work at the Disney Store is fun, energetic, and impossible not to enjoy. I've learned a lot about guest service in my time with them. The management is great, though there are sometimes a few minor issues, mostly with scheduling. My co-workers are some of the nicest people I've ever met, always able to bring a little more magic and fun into the days of our guests. The hardest part of the job is juggling multiple responsibilities while servicing guests on our busy days. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a parent asks me to find something for a child and seeing the child's face when I found exactly what he or she wanted.
Pros
20% discount on merchandise, open and friendly environment
Cons
Not many hours, no benefits
Fun and interactive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CANovember 15, 2016
This company is great to start or develop a long term career. They have great opportunists, provide excellent orientation, training and help you channel your interest and potential within the company.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
schedule
Poor Management
Facilities Administrator Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLSeptember 2, 2016
Manager and director were condescending and micro-managing. Very professionally discourteous. Little or no work/life balance. Very disjointed organization; no common vision.
Pros
Salary, perks and benefits
Cons
Little or no work life balance
Great Benefits
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCSeptember 14, 2016
My typical day at work was fairly easy but monotonous. I just drove guests back and forth. I met some interesting people, but had to force small talk with quite a few more. They have great benefits, but I was part time and therefore could not enjoy them. Over all it was a good experience, mainly because of the fellow cast members.
Pros
Good hours. Very easy work.
Cons
Somewhat boring.
Fun Place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 30, 2016
Its truly fun place to work . Company has great benefits for their employees. They do care about their team's well being. even though it was one of the busiest place to work but you do enjoy what you do.
Pros
Great benefits, free admissions to parks and resorts for employees and their families.
Cons
unstable working hours.
Mangement
Reservation Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 17, 2016
Management kept me constantly aware of the goals that I needed to achieve. Important to have a balance between sales and service. Coached that there was touch competition within our are and to never get comfortable even if we were at the to of our game.
Pros
Excellent medical and dental benefits
Cons
Harder to climb the corporate ladder

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2