The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,926 reviews matching the search
Good benefits, stagnant culture
Guest Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJune 30, 2016
Things are still riding on Walt's coattails. The leadership team is based too much on seniority. Up and coming leaders are fleeing the company.
Capturing moments a photo at a time!
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 30, 2016
I loved what the company stood for, during every photo we where trained to capture the guest moment of joy. Sometimes it was their first, other times that moment would be their last. I truly loved working to make other happy.
Great environment to get hands on experience
Publicity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 29, 2016
I came to Disney straight out of College. It was a great place to start my career and learn what corporate America is all about.

Learned the power of working relationships and that job well done doesn't always garner a promotion. You have to seek it and you have to be your own cheerleader.

I loved working alongside the colleagues who put the same amount of time, sweat, and tears into a projects and enjoyed seeing the twinkle in the eyes of children as they would see a film for the first time.
Pros
Silver Pass.
Cons
work life balance.
Not for teachers!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJune 29, 2016
Yes you read it right, Disney has a children's center in Burbank and Glendale and I had the unfortunate pleasure of working at the Glendale site. These teachers are so prideful and rude, you couldn't do anything without getting snitched on to management that you're not being "Disney show" The needs of the children never come first, it's always look good in front of parents. The management played favorites, even teachers who were cussing other teachers out, nothing happened to them because they were favored. People with bad attitudes got to do whatever they want, like sweep sand all day and not even interact with the kids.
I had to watch my back everyday for fear of my job. This place doesn't know a thing about education and professionalism.

I'm sure the rest of the company is fine, but if you're thinking of working at their preschool I would think twice. It was not a great experience at all!
Pros
Good benefits
One of my favorite jobs
Specialty beverage host (Starbucks) (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 28, 2016
There arent any words i could put here to explain the multitude of hate i received at this company. i was highly disappointed when i started there and found it was nothing like what i was told.
Pros
Cons
lack of accountability for the managorial staff
stock
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 28, 2016
my daily work contains up loading off loading product to were is needed counting stocks I learned about taking orders that's needed to order product at the right amount the hardest part of my job was the seeing part. Became very difficult due to eye vision the must enjoyable part of the job was riding the golf carts threw the Disney seeing all the beautiful land.
Much better than most would believe
Guest Service Manager, Food/Beverage Operations (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJune 27, 2016
The Walt Disney Company is just as moral and good-doing as they portray themselves to be. The senior leadership remains relentlessly focused on gearing all employed persons towards the "right" thing. In addition the goal really is to provide a satisfactory (in fact, above average) experience to all who experience their offered products/services. The nature of the job working in a theme park carries some stress and lack of "desirable" schedule. Their was great satisfaction in being able to meet and interact with so many different walks of life. Overall, I enjoyed my employment.
Wonderful place for all majors
Assist guests (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 24, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company because it gave me the opportunity to work with all kinds of people. There were multiple opportunities to really get to know and interact with not only co workers but guests as well. Working there truly made me feel like I was making a difference.
very fun
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJune 23, 2016
loved working around kids , an amzaing experience ... very chill job , just show intrest at all times and keep a possitive out look on the job
Walt Disney
Sr. Software Engineer - Mobile (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 23, 2016
Disney Mobile apps will enhance the user experience for Disney parks and resorts. Mobile app provides estimated wait times for attractions, view entertainment schedules, browse interactive maps. Locating park attractions on the map, special field’s - PhotoPass for picture identification, FastPass for accessing fast lane inside the park, ticket purchasing, credit-card scan using JUMIO SDK are offered to User. The Mobile app supports multiple languages

Want to know more about The Walt Disney Company?

Ask a question
High School Job
Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 21, 2016
This was a good starter job. It was not the ideal place to work but was a good job for being in high school. Employees were fun to work with and management was very kind.
great benefits, great way to gain experience
Advanced Sales Associate, All Star Team (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJune 21, 2016
I gained a lot of knowledge observing all the different day to day operations of the Walt Disney Company while I worked there. Although my role was mainly sales oriented and goal driven, I still had to be a part of the magic and making sure guest service was not forgotten about. In the end, people pay a lot to spend their time at Disney. I was there to help make it enjoyable while letting them know about disney vacation club.
more involved
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  1540 broadwayJune 20, 2016
the managers are to involved in the personal more then professional and conflicted with the work that needed to be done.
Cast Member - Disney Store
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAJune 17, 2016
On calls are required and make it hard to have a life. It's just a retail, part time job, it's ridiculous. You cannot move up in the company. It's almost impossible. For $1/hour more, you can apply for leads when they are available (only seasonal/someone steps down) and do a lot of what the managers do and a lot more than the cast member duties, and it's not worth it. Typically it's you and one or two cast members, typically just you and a manager some nights, even busy nights, and it's not fun or worth it. They are always busy but never use on calls so that time you set aside is wasted. 5-10 hour work weeks don't pay the bills, which isn't fair when you're a college student and cannot get another job. You get free Disney Park tickets but how is that a benefit when you make $30-$100 a week and can't afford to even go unless you're the manager. If you need to switch or call off, you get a "point" and three points in a rolling 90 day period gets you fired. That's not fair either, because what if things happen or occur and you cannot control them? If you do shipment, be prepared to not get your entitled break, either.
Pros
None?
Fun friendly environment
California Grill Seater (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 17, 2016
Learned how to work with guests from all over the world and how to communicate better with guests. Co-workers were all very happy and friendly which provides a very enjoyable work environment.
Happiest Place to Work.
Secretary III - Administrative Assistnat (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 16, 2016
TWDC is the a great place to work. Managment, co-workers are all team oriented people that are willing to share with others what it takes to advance in the Company. A very family friendly place to work. I enjoyed TWDC as my work was valued by management and co-workers alike.
Pros
Advancement and project possibilities.
Cons
Entertainment industry is continually open.
Fun place for a Call center
Vacation Advisor I (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 15, 2016
At the time lots of transitions made you question the management's ability to manage. It was hands off management and systems placed to bump you out if you did not comply quickly enough.
SENIOR PROGRAMMER (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 15, 2016
Laid back, exciting work and a creative environment. Management that cares about you and career. Talented co workers who want to create the best possible product.
Amazing Place To Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TX 78664June 14, 2016
Fun place to work. Amazing staff and management!!! Everybody cares for one another like a family and it couldn't be a better place to work!
The Walt Disney Company taught be so much and was such a great working environment.
attractions hostess (Former Employee) –  Walt Disney World, FLJune 13, 2016
· Responsible for the operation of ride systems at It’s A Small World and Peter Pan’s Flight Attractions – Fantasyland, Magic Kingdom, and Disney Quest, Disney Springs, while maintaining the safety standards of the Walt Disney Company
· Ensure positive guest experiences on a daily basis by providing courteous, efficient, and knowledgeable service
· Exhibit excellent time management skills in high volume attraction areas
· Proficient in audience control for Special Events
· Provide assistance and answer guest questions as a Greeter in the newly designed Disney Springs location
Pros
creating magic daily

4.3

4.2
Best places to work in
Restaurants, Travel and Leisure
4. The Walt Disney Company
5. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
6. Four Seasons