The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

super good
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 12, 2017
i literally just hit up and old acquaintance and got the job. it gave me a lot of experience and i had a really great time shooting on the sound stages
Pros
so good
Cons
so bad
Great place to learn new skills and gain experience for large employers
Monorail Driver - Host - Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 10, 2017
This is a great company if it's your first job or your pre / post retirement job. In the interim you will need a second income just to keep up with the skyrocketing cost of living in California. If you can do this, you will like the company.
Pros
Great Insurance
Cons
Disconnection between corporate and subdivisions
Job
Independent Contractor Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Warren, MINovember 10, 2017
A typical day at Disney is making people vacation dreams come true. What I have learned is this is a fun job Disney is loved by everyone so days are great
Pros
every thing is Disney
Cons
lot to know
Fun, energetic, passionate work environment
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Contemporary Resort and Animal Kingdom LodgeNovember 10, 2017
I worked at the Walt Disney World Company in Orlando, Fl. for over 25 years and was a bartender for over 20 of those years. What a great honor and privilege it was to serve people from all walks of life, from all over the world. I worked for the number one tourist destination and had the opportunity to learn and grow with some amazing leaders and fellow cast members.
Pros
Health care, set schedule and great discounts
Cons
advancement and changing positions for full time workers
It's Disney - it was great.
General Manger (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CONovember 10, 2017
The company was wonderful tot work for. They closed local operations and it is no longer being driven by local accounts etc.
Great company, good support, lots of benefits.
Pros
Fantastic Benifits
Cons
Lot of red tape at times
Fun working enviroment
Lead Manager / Cash Auditing Team Member (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 10, 2017
The Walt Disney company is a fun and exciting place to work. They have an amazing discounts not only within the company but also with other affilates
Best workplace and team
Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 9, 2017
Working here was truly magical! All of the cast members were friendly and always up to the task. Seeing people experience a great vacation and being able to be a part of it was amazing.
Good company
J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 8, 2017
Good company to work for, great people, culture, and leadership. Worked as a contractor, however the full time retention rate is very high. Would love to work for the company again.
grst
Creative Director (Freelance) (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 7, 2017
Walt Disney Company | Creative Director (Freelance) 2015 – Present
I have provided ongoing hands-on creative design and creative team management for Disney, ESPN, and Disney Consumer Products.
• Designed Anaheim Angels logo, uniforms and merchandise resulting in multi-millions of sales.
Pros
great
A dynamic and creative company
Senior Manager, Sourcing and Procurement (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 7, 2017
An awesome environment of creativity and superior technology . Advancement is present for those that apply themselves. The culture offers and environment of excitement and opportunity.
A great company to work for!
Walt Disney Imagineering: Show Mechanical Intern (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLNovember 7, 2017
The Walt Disney Company is world-renowned for its quality entertainment and its standards to create such content. Working for Disney means being surrounded by great people every day who also embody the values representing the Company. As an Imagineering intern, I was still treated as a valued member of my department and my opinion was always respected and considered in meetings. My supervisor was quick to give me advice in the right direction when I needed it but did not provide complete solutions for me. This gave me space to grow my thoughts and ideas and apply them to real world applications.
Pros
Great work environment, lenient lunch schedule, great company values
Position was okay
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 6, 2017
I liked being a Verifier. It was fun looking at all of the toys and costumes. Breaks were okay and some of the people. Very crowded with all of the Temp agencies employed there.
Pros
Job position
Cons
Too many pwople
call center
representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 6, 2017
fast pace calls
different attitudes
slow computers
hardest part was not being able to help the guest
making the guest happy
bad policies and guidelines
Enjoyable Place to Make Magic
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 6, 2017
Can be stressful during busy time. You are responsible to handle a large amount of money at times. Guest expect a lot from this company and don't hold back when their expectations are not met.
Fun High Paced Theme Park Career
Vacation Planner & Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 6, 2017
Fast Paced call center. As many hours as you would like per week. Yearly reviews and merit increases, Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, as well as Discounts throughout the Disney Brand.
Fast paced and fun environment
Disney College Program Summer Alumni Intern (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLNovember 5, 2017
The Walt Disney Company was an amazing place to work. They created a safe and enjoyable work experience. There was proper training and I felt very comfortable going into work each day. The management was always there to answer questions and offer support.
Horrible Experience
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILNovember 5, 2017
This is the worst job to work for. The only good thing about is the discounts. You receive free park tickets, 50% on Disney hotels and certain Disney restaurants.
True Global Reach and Impact
Manager, Onboarding Services (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 3, 2017
Working on services utilized by the enterprise that impact all Disney segments, guests, fans and viewers was very unique and challenging. Teams are very well supported to continually improve and provide cost effective features and processes. Turnover a bit problematic as knowledge investment is threatened due to contractor pool and temporary full time positions (project hires) are finite in assignment length.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Not agile at times, too few full time positions
Disney Fast Paced Retail
Management team member (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 3, 2017
Culture is important with Disney. If you have a passion for the brand you will find success. They love to promote from within, I started as a cast member and within my 9 years with the company I moved up to an ASM position. I walked away with management skills and strong metric skills. It isn't all fun though, the Holidays is the biggest time of year, people tend to think its lighthearted and easy, but you really put in work during the holidays. I truly enjoyed my time with the company.
Pros
discount on product, Cast Member exclusive gifts, Park Entry
Cons
part time cast members get very few hours during the year, Full time only available to ASM and higher.
Hard work, rain or shine
Vendor and stocker (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 2, 2017
The area and position I worked was very hard often physically demanding as well as mentally, I found this very challenging and struggled with the way my management dealt with many things.
I have enjoyed working here for the most part, however the particular contract I am on is not ideal. I think I would enjoy it more if I was full time/part time.
However keep in mind this was only my particular work area.
Pros
Works for Disney World
Cons
Hard work outside in all weather

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2