The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Great
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 28, 2015
Excellent Co. , great co-workers with great benefits , so many task to learn make the day fly , make the guest happy it's a great compensation. I recommend it to anybody
Hard not to miss
Intern - Front Desk at Disney's Art of Animation (Former Employee), Orlando FloridaJune 26, 2015
Pros: Disney
Cons: some co-workers, some guests, deployment to other resorts
My job was great. I helped guests at the front desk. I was the start to their vacation. Their were times that guests were crabby or bad, but the next guest always could be the next best.
Great company to work for
Compliance Analyst / IT Project Lead. Work (Former Employee), floridaJune 25, 2015
great environment, pay we above scale, the benefits and culture were outstanding. I would recommend this to all my friends and family
Fast paced, always changing environment
Senior Developer (Current Employee), Burbank, CAJune 24, 2015
Pros: Great perks, flexible hours
Cons: Long hours, job priorities are constantly shifting
The people are hard working and outgoing. The workload can be unpredictable, and the current management/leadership does it's best to keep the group moving in the most efficient direction. The best part of the job is the gorgeous view I have from the window close to my desk.
Great place to work. Enjoy making guest smile
Host / Food Runner (Current Employee), Buena Vista, FLJune 23, 2015
Pros: Great benefits including discounts and access to the park
Cons: not enough hours
My day varied based on the role I was performing. I learned a lot about working the front of house at Disney and taking liquor inventory. One of the most rewarding part of the job was being able to put smiles on our guest faces, exceptionally the young ones.
Great people, lower pay
Executive Secretary (Current Employee), Celebration, FLJune 23, 2015
Pros: People; development opportunities
Cons: More work and faster with less resources and people is a fast-growing trend
Most of the people I work with are awesome. I feel appreciated by my immediate leaders and teams. The pay is not comparable to the 'outside world'. The fast-growing trend is 'more work and less time to accomplish it with less resources and less people'.

Company name looks great on a resume, especially the further away from Orlando you get.
fun but stressful
Attractions Hostess (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAJune 23, 2015
Pros: making people smile, free admission to disneyland, ride the rides while on the clock
Cons: impossible to advance or earn bennifits, constantly being yelled at, stressful environment
low pay for putting lives in our hands, constantly getting yelled at over little things by guests, get fired for little things like photos you photoshop and post on facebook, or for taking fastpasses for personal use when everyone else does it and they arent worth cash value. but over all awesome place to work, seeing peoples smiles and making peoples days. unfortunately its nearly impossible to advance in the company and in order to recieve bennifits you need to be full time which is almost impossibe
Fun place to work, but hard to advance and no work/life balance.
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Glendale, CAJune 23, 2015
Pros: Good benefits. Free park entrance and discount on merchandise and food inside the park.
Cons: Difficult to get promotion, you're treated as a resource and not a person.
Fun place to work. Learned a lot. Use cutting age technology. The people that I worked with are mostly great. Management in my group only think about the bottom line and care less about the people. The company overall doesn't look at employees as people, rather just as resources. Very hard to get promotion. Everybody is expected to put in more than 100% otherwise you're seen as incompetent. This makes it difficult to have work/life balance for someone who has a demanding family life. The company likes to outsource jobs because it's cheaper. Layoffs are common.
My work day in a nutshell
Contract Admin/Clerk (Current Employee), Burbank, CAJune 22, 2015
Pros: the people I work with trust me
Cons: work is part time
Data entry and data consolidation of multiple databases into one. I learned many skills while working at this company especially how to take on projects and find a solution with various resources. As well as working with Executives and deadlines. The hardest part of the job would be managing all the projects and tasks you have and making sure they are all getting done or worked on simulatenously. The most enjoyable part of the job comes in learning new skills and information anytime I take on a new project.
Great experience
Order Cook (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAJune 22, 2015
This is a great opportunity to learn and excel in your craft. However for the hours worked and the amount of duties, I feel and a lot of workers feel we should be compensated much more at least $2-$3 more.
Not much work life balance
Manager IT (Current Employee), Glendale, CAJune 20, 2015
Great brand, but extremely demanding. Not much work life balance. Working at corporate is understaffed, but can not speak for other segments. Pay is good. Very unstable and constant layoffs.
Interesting projects
Manager (Current Employee), Burbank, CAJune 19, 2015
Projects are interesting;
Some opportunities to develop;
OK work life balance;
OK Management;
Job culture may be quite different across departments;
Fun to work with cool people.
Attractions Trainer (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAJune 19, 2015
Pros: Friendly Cast
Cons: Poor Management, Poor Maintenance practices.
But management knows you can be replaced very easily, and not afraid to show it. Scheduling will do everything in it's power to keep you happy, only if you're good friends/kissing their butts. The most enjoyable part of working in the parks is the fact you get paid to do very little. When it comes to making their employees happy, Disney does try. But mostly the ones that they are making happy, the guests. Although that is what people pay for, the employees, or Cast Members get forgotten about. If you ever really wanted to see how the general public acts under pressure, it's a good place to get stressed out about literally nothing. 30 minute lunches to walk to a location that can be 3-10 minutes away, only to wait to get your food, to walk back to your location and eat your food within 5-10 minutes.
Working with a Family
Cast Services Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 18, 2015
Pros: Atmosphere, leadership, benefits, and discounts
Cons: Varying schedules
Working at Walt Disney World is like working with a huge family of very diverse, entertaining, clever, and funny people. The best part of my work day is seeing my coworkers when I get there and knowing that they are as invested in helping fellow Cast Members as I am. Everyone works hard to make sure the guests have the best experience possible and management has an open door policy that they stand behind. Every morning, I drive to the parking lot and board a bus to get to work, I see Cinderella's castle, and I know it is going to be a magical day. The most difficult part of being a Cast Service Specialist is the volume of Cast Members who speak a different language and need assistance. On the bright side, I became very good at pantomiming. The most enjoyable part is helping Cast Members understand the Disney company, benefits, and how to navigate in the Cast environment.
fun place to work
Stocker (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXJune 18, 2015
it wa a good place to work for. only a part time job lots of stocking and inventory. coworkers were nice manager wqas fair for the most part set stage sets up late hours once in a while got a little retail experience
Best job ever
Ride Operator (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAJune 16, 2015
Pros: perks
Cons: getting yelled at
Basically you get paid to meet new people. If you like working in customer service this is the place for you. The perks of working here are also pretty good.
Loved It!
Attractions Hostess and Guest Control Coordinator (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAJune 15, 2015
Disney was great place to really enter a world of fun and safety. The cast members there are amazing and I loved being there! Wish there was better pay and more hours but still fun!
Great company the pay is great and the benefits endless
Cooks, Restaurant (Current Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLJune 15, 2015
Pros: To many to mention.
Cons: none in my humble opinion.
I would recommend working there for all individuals. Awesome benefits and great work place. If you want to work they will make it happen.
Excellent Company Overall
Strategic Project Manager (Former Employee), Celebration, FLJune 14, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and onsite health center
Cons: Long hours, but most of that was self-engineered, so I cannot blame the company.
TWDC is an excellent company to wok for. They continue to make changes to improve the work/life balance. I worked in the same department for several years and built lasting relationships with both internal and external partners. The hardest part of the job was the long hours, and the most enjoyable was the interaction with all levels of management.
Great Company Great and Talented People
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Glendale, CAJune 11, 2015
Pros: Training, Travel and Team Building
Cons: Contract work only
I was involved in the ride control design and documentation for the Hong Kong and China Park Installation Projects. My contract was cancelled due to construction being halted overseas. I would like to return at some point if contracts get re assigned.