The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Found 2,178 reviews matching the search
Happy times
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2017
Focus of the job is to have fun with it and make it a wonderful experience to the guests. Customer service is to be taken serious. Typical day consisted of assisting guests, maintaining the work flow f the area, be sure to make sure every guest is a happy guest.
Rewarding every day
Operations Host (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLFebruary 7, 2017
Your day is never going to be the same working at the Walt Disney Company. Your constantly interacting with guest from around the globe and of different backgrounds. The company encourages creativity and growth within the company as well as personally. With in a day you can expect to work in your home area, on a parade route spending time outdoors, be in an office for meetings, and your going to meet amazing people whom share personal stories that move you. Working with such a large number of people will be challenging and rewarding all in one. Being rewarded with some of the most amazing benefits you could imagine tops off the lifetime memories.
Pros
Free park admission, stellar health insurance, world class entertainment
Cons
the drive to work
Fabulous People, Worthwhile Work
Associate to President & Producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2017
It is a team of professionals at the top of their game, and the industry at large. A wonderful group to be a part of. Only downside is advancement opportunity.
Handled material carefully, to the best of my ability.
Packer/ Lead Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 6, 2017
Prepared containers and boxes for shipments
- Reported numbers of items placed in the boxes/categorized boxes by number
- Reviewed and sealed items in boxes
- Shipped merchandise outbound
Pros
We got a 45 minute break.
Cons
Sometimes had to work overtime
Fun work environment
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 6, 2017
Great place to work, benefits and perks are outstanding. A lot of fun. Management is always there to help you expand your knowledge and grow with the company.
Disney, a great place to start a career. Many challenges and fun atmosphere
Maintenance Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 3, 2017
I am under a very strict confidential information act, so I really cant describe my work day, or management tactics. I will say, it is very important to be professional and skilled. Management is fair and safety orientated.
Pros
Teamwork and safety is a primary concern and at the front line of any job being done.
Cons
somewhat micro-managed in certain situations. many "tests" as to integrity, loyalty, and honesty
Great learning
Manager (Former Employee) –  Celebration, FLFebruary 2, 2017
The greatest asset of WDW is it's people. There is high accountability here and a host of really committed, intelligent associates at all levels.
Pros
Park admittance
Cons
low pay
Friendly atmosphere, highly professional.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 1, 2017
Intelligent, dedicated, and highly motivational people fill the halls of the organization in every department I frequented. Difficulty in advancement and communication given the sheer size, scope, and fiscal conservatism the company imparts. A very welcome atmosphere shared by all.
Ups and downs
custodial (Former Employee) –  Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World, FLFebruary 1, 2017
while it is nice to go to the parks whenever and allow family in, its hard work. some managers are tough as nails and expect nothing less than perfection. others are more laid back and are easier to get along with. it depends on the individual. plus some guests are stupid and will walk all over you if you allow it.
Pros
free admission
Cons
management, stupid guests, uncompromising policies
Greatest Experience
College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 31, 2017
As a College Program intern at the Walt Disney Resort, I learned what it takes to be both a productive employee and an excellent manager.
Truly a magical place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAJanuary 31, 2017
Depending on the branch of the company you work for, there can be room for advancement. Teamwork is essential for a company to survive and Disney has that covered. It is like a second family when you become part of the Walt Disney Company.
Wonderful and magical place to work in
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 30, 2017
I absolutely adore being a part of the Disney Story that the store creates for each guest. The unique use of guest interaction and Disney language creates so many memorable and magical moments guests remember long after leaving the store, and often remain the highlight of their day. I know I've done my job well when guests are having as much fun in our store as they would be having at Disneyland park.
Pros
Great work environment, fast paced, flexible hours, benifits!
Cons
Not enough hours for part time
Interesting
Sound Engineer (Former Employee) –  United States of AmericaJanuary 30, 2017
Working with Disney was a great experience i learnt a number of skills outside of my job description due to there great training they offered while working with them ranging from rigging, stunt rigger, Automated systems rigging, Lighting, and there intense management program a typical day would include preparing the system for the shows at night, as well as organising my team to perform maintenance checks and repairs across which ever venue i was on contract with. Management was defiantly an interesting part of the job due to the team was from different parts of the world so learning how to deal with situations and different personalities was a big learning curve for me.. the hardest part of the job was the intensity required to perform the role Disney is where it is because it expects the best from its staff which to be honest at first was challenging but over time it taught me excellent time management and how to figure out my strengths and weaknesses, in saying this the best part of the role was being able to grow and work all over the world and learn so many skills from engineers and others from all walks of life
Pros
Travel
Cons
very long hours
A great company
Attractions host at Magic Kingdom (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 29, 2017
A typical day at work is about 6-15 hours depending on staffing.I have learned a lot about how to deal with customer service and problem solving. Management for the most part was fantastic, but would always say there is someone that can re[place you. MAde you feel like you were not valuable to the company. I love this job and being able to create magic for so many people.
Pros
great to put on a resume
Cons
managers don't really care about you
Great Work Environment
Mgmt. Intern (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 29, 2017
Everyday is an opportunity to learn and accomplish something new with a great team of people that are dedicated to making the Walt Disney experience worthwhile.
Fair but hard
Costuming (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 28, 2017
Working for WDC is fun, and you learn a lot. however you are not always brought in for the position you have applied for. Working in a union is great, but some draw backs are that its hard to report employees for inappropriate behavior.
Pros
great benefits, positive working managers
Cons
negative co workers, hard to find some locations at work
The Disney Company
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee) –  Jonesville, SC / Memphis, TNJanuary 26, 2017
It is one, if not the premiere company for which to work. You are treated with respect and compensated well for your work. The benefits package offered by Disney is above industry standards.

I would highly recommend anyone to apply for employment at Disney.
Wonderful place to work
Manager, HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2017
The Walt Disney Company has great benefits and you will be provided with rewarding and meaningful work. They also do a great job with getting the employees involved in giving back to the communities.
Best Experience
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 23, 2017
Working for the Walt Disney Company was the best work experience I could ever ask for. My College Program was full of new skills, opportunities, jobs, environments - all at the highest level of professionalism and fun. I had a personal relationship with every manager or coordinator I encountered and in return have walked away from my time there with not only valuable references but also very valued friendships. I would encourage anyone, at any stage in life, to take some time to work for this magnificent company and be a part of the Magic.

My favorite part of working for the Walt Disney Company was being able to fulfill my life goal - I wanted to make someone's day, every single day - and I did!
Great place to work when your young
PR Representative/Character Performer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 22, 2017
Loved the people I worked with! That made my job! BUT with any job you have your ups and downs...pay in low, but it is a job you do because you love it. NOT for the money!
Pros
Great work environment, great people
Cons
0 appreciation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2