The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,923 reviews matching the search
Amazing company to work for even better people to work with
Designer (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 11, 2016
I miss working for Disney, they treated everyone equal and with the utmost respect. The people I worked with were amazing and still keep in close contact with them. I would work for Disney again if I ever have the opportunity to again.
Pros
People, Office, Break room, everything is perfect
Cons
Can't think of anything
Very educational, loved it, would recommend it to anyone
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 10, 2016
it has been a dream come true! I have learned so much, and can't wait to take it back home once it is time for me to leave. I was merchandise at Hollywood Studios then extended through the summer at Animal Kingdom
Fun environment but long hours.
Compute sales prices (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 9, 2016
I learned how to treat every person as an individual. It was a quick pace environment and gave me insight into how a Fortune 500 company works from the ground up.
Overall amazing opportunity
Exercise Coordinator Professional Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 8, 2016
I completed a 6-month internship at Mickey's Cast Fitness Center and had an incredible experience. Leadership was great and benefits of free admission to the parks was a great plus.
Temp Job
Macintosh Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 7, 2016
worked as a contractor through temp agency Romac Inc, excellent place to work, implemented new system Mac network and linked to Network.
Pros
good environment
Cons
temp job
The Walt Disney Company
Talent Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 7, 2016
A typical day at Disney/ABC is filled with maintaining schedules, unforeseen tasks and managing various responsibilities.
Lot's of opportunites at the House of Mouse
Sr. Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 7, 2016
Although I was part of a huge, sudden lay off, I am not in any way upset at TWDC. It's what to expect when you work for such a huge corporation.

During my nearly 10 years here, I've been allowed grow professionally from EA to a Sr Marketing Coordinator. The management here fosters growth and learning and, if one has the ambition, the sky is the limit. It's all about where you decide to take it.
Trainer/Concierge/Front Desk Surpervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 7, 2016
The management will always pick their favorites, who they would promote. If you aren't one of their favorites, then you are sadly out of luck.
Flexible schedules!!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeJune 4, 2016
I worked from home for Disney Dining and I loved it! they pay was good and I got to choose my own schedule! the only thing was we got no discounts for Disney as much as I love them.
Pros
work from home, pay, flexible
Cons
no disney discounts
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 3, 2016
Overall Energetic and fun culture. Values employees and provides room for growth by supporting their employees when promotional opportunities occur
It was an experience the company has very high standards.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 3, 2016
To work in the Walt Disney World company is to experience the living legacy of its creator, Walt E. Disney. It was fun, fast, and always something new each day.

I learned how to accommodate for language barriers, system failure, and how to completely turn around a guest experience from sad to superb. Everything is really all for them and their life ling memories made here.

My fellow cast members were like family. We spend countless number of hours together doing something enjoyable and it was always about creating these tangible memories and moments of happiness for guests.

The hardest part of work was leaving. It was an amazing experience and I'm glad I was able to live in it once.
Pros
Complimentary park entrance tickets.
Cons
Low wages as internship cast member.
okay
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32830June 2, 2016
Open and close cash registers, preforming tasks such as counting money, separating slips, coupons, balancing drawers, maintain records related to sale, compute sales prices, total purchases and receive and process cash or credit payment. Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts, and know how to prevent or handle these situation.
Fun, but alot of work.
Food and Beverage Hostess (Former Employee) –  Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World, FLJune 1, 2016
Long, hot days, some management is over bearing, but tolerable. I loved it there others hate it. It totally depends on the area/park you are in if you are going to love it or hate it.
Fun Workplace
Disney's Animal Kingdom- Outdoor Vending (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 1, 2016
During my Disney College Program I have been given the opportunity to meet new people from all over the world. I've been able to build relationships with my co-workers, take classes and have fun in the parks. Overall a great experience.
Loved it
College Internship Program (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 1, 2016
Was a great place to work! I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to work for walt Disney world. You'll work long hours, but you'll learn a lot about customer service and how amazing Disney can be! Plus the perk of free park admission is AMAZING
I already did a review
Cast Member (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 31, 2016
I discussed in a previous review that this company parades this coveted internship to lure people into it. They say having this internship on your resume will help you get jobs and it's extremely prestigious.

It's not. You're flipping burgers, being overworked, and having to pay premium rent rates for poorly managed apartments. I had a wonderful experience and made many friends, but the principal of this job is not something that aligns with my values.
Pros
disney world parks
Cons
this program is exploitative
Great working environment with support from multiple lines of business
ECOMMERCE SALES & SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 30, 2016
I work at a call center for The Walt Disney Company. A typical work day, as imagined, is primarily answering phone calls for guests needing online assistance with their accounts. Our management team is outstanding and will support you in whatever direction you are trying to go within the company. The most difficult part of the job for me is having to sit at a computer all day, as I grew up being active and outdoors often. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help the guests who call in, knowing that once we disconnect the phone call, they are taken care of and happy with the service I provided them.
It's Disney
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 30, 2016
It's fun overall, just wished they paid better. can't have a living wage, you're basically paying for gas most of the time if you live far.
Pros
disney, free passes
Cons
pay, distance
Na
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 29, 2016
I do not wish to discuss my time there. I left for multiple reasons not limited to but including not being treated fairly and not having my schooling taken seriously. I had to leave college because I did not have time to study and work.
Pros
entry to the parks
Cons
not having education taken seriously.
Grueling overtime followed by free time in Disney perks
GAMEPLAY PROGRAMMER (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 28, 2016
Typical day is to start off with a Scrum meeting (Agile development practices), meeting with designers and architects to go over current and upcoming design needs. Make recommendations on feasibility of proposed features, and implement agreed upon features / gameplay.

My immediate manager was fantastic, supported us without getting in the way of development.

Hardest part was grueling overtime at times, running 6 to 7 days a week for many months at a time. This included working through holidays and other events during these overtime periods. These ended up being a yearly occurrence, usually being between a quarter to half a year long.

The most enjoyable part was when not in "crunch mode", we had very flexible time off, and free access to Disney parks, reduced discounts at other Disney facilities like Disney Aulani (Hawaii), cruises etc etc.

Coworkers were great, we had great synergy and its a real disappointment Disney decided to kill our game studio and lay everyone off.
Pros
free drinks / snacks, business perks & discounts w/ other major companies
Cons
poor work life balance for large parts of the year

4.3

4.2
Best places to work in
Restaurants, Travel and Leisure
4. The Walt Disney Company
5. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
6. Four Seasons