The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Found 2,178 reviews matching the search
amazing
forklift driver (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 22, 2017
Best job ever, you learn so much and the people and cast members are amazing, they treat you with respect and they work with you to accomplish your goals in the company
productive work good area
Cast member (Former Employee) –  Epcot Center, Walt Disney World, FLJanuary 22, 2017
A really good experience at disney

I meet exceptional people cast member and guest
My professional experience at Disney WORLD also allowed me to be self-organized and have real capacity to adapt. The challenges motivate me. I am able to lead a project autonomously but also to participate in a collective achievement
A Great Place to Work.
Associate Producer (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 22, 2017
Great place to work. Everyone is passionate about their roles and the content being produced is exciting. Feels good to produce something that is seen by millions of people every day.
Pros
Medical, Dental, 401K and Silver Pass
Cons
Lots of overtime sometimes.
Working for the Happiest Place on Earth
Electrician - Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 22, 2017
Working for Disney is a dream job. If you have your heart in their mission, which is to be the most largest entertainment industry in the world, and you value the guests and know that their happiness is #1, you will do fine.

I worked the night shift, performing PM work on Disney's largest and most advanced ride, Radiator Springs Racers. The technology behind Disney is world class and they set the standard for safety and excellence. The cast of Disney share that same vision and it is important to become a part of the team.

Management was always friendly and helpful to me and, like everyone you work with, become your friends who you value. The hardest part for me, which really wasn't that hard, was getting used to working third shift and sleeping during the day.
Pros
Disney benefits are first class. Being part of the magic.
Cons
Can't think of any.
Park Greeter
Housekeeping Old Key West Resort (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 21, 2017
Fun guest interactions, getting to meet people from all over the world. I learned how to use the devices to manage the tickets, crowed control, etc. The managers and leaders are very nice. The hardest part of the job is having to stand up for many hours. I enjoy it because its out side I'm not working with money and I get to smile to everyone and interact with people from all over the world.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
long hours of standing
great people and atmosphere
Designer (Former Employee) –  N Hollywood, CAJanuary 20, 2017
I enjoyed my temporary assignment designing with Disney The project was challenging and fun the atmosphere is easy going and positive management if first class I would welcome another opportunity to work with the great people there.
sincerely,
mark gorman
Pros
great people to work with interesting projects flexible hours
Fantastical and challenging
Seasonal Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 20, 2017
Although I was only hired to work the holiday season, the core cast members were welcoming and fun to work with. The work itself was not necessarily hard but learning and incorporating the "Disney language" into every guest interaction was challenging. For me, the most enjoyable aspect of this job was the sing-alongs that we did with the younger guests. You can't not smile when all the cast members in the store randomly bust out in song!
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Not a lot of hours
Fun and Great Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2017
I didn't work here for long as it was only a seasonal position for me. A typical day at work was great since everything would have to involve using Disney language. The benefits of working for Disney were amazing. The Ambassadors of our team would always reward everyone for their hard work. The hardest part of the job was to incorporate everything you would say into Disney language. But then, it could be really easy if the guests would also go along with the Disney language. The only con I could think of for the time being I worked here were the amount of work hours I would receive.
Pros
Fun workplace, cooperative coworkers, rewards, employee participation
Cons
Schedule
Very enthusiastic but strict work environment
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Limerick, PAJanuary 19, 2017
If you are not outgoing and enthusiastic about speaking with strangers, you will not be a good fit for working at the disney store. Being quiet or shy can get you in trouble. Besides that, the benefits are great. You will get many gifts from the disney company while working for them (including free access passes to the parks.)
Excellent company to work with
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCJanuary 19, 2017
It is fun to work for Mickey Mouse every day, and to also talk with guests about Disney. This is a brand that everyone around the world is familiar with. This is a great company.
benefits
Negative Attitude
Attractions Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJanuary 18, 2017
On stage, everyone was pretty decent to guests, but not to the standard I remember as a child there. Working in Attractions was not a positive experience. There was a lot of social drama involved. I would never work in an entry level position for this company in the parks.
Pros
Quality Breaks. Often overtime, the hub, maingate park admission
Cons
Few benefits for part timers, immature work environment
Productive, lively atmosphere with amazing staff
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Kenwood, OHJanuary 18, 2017
It has be a dream come true to work for the Walt Disney Company. All of my fellow cast member, including myself, come to work with a smile and ready to take on the day. Everyone get along and the atmosphere is always lively. At first the hardest part of the job was achieving the Disney customer service, but now it has became natural and very enjoyable. In fact it has became my favorite part of the job. I would always recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Great benefits, Amazing coworkers, Lively atmosphere
Cons
short hours, late nights sometimes
Fun and education workplace
Attractions Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Each day working for the Walt Disney Company was a dream come true! The atmosphere was welcoming and exciting! The work was rewarding and educational! The people were great to be around!
Great experience but patience required
Active member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 15, 2017
It has been a great journey from day one with opportunities to grow professorially as well as network and develop long term relationships. If you enjoy a fast paced and challenging environment then this is definitely the place for your. Warning however there are complex politics involved and learning to navigate them can present a significant learning curve. Recent changes to the organization have only made this more challenging.
Best Internship Experience
Communications Intern DCPI (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 13, 2017
On a daily basis I work with some of the best in the business. The work I do is meaningful and provides many learning opportunities. Other employees are more than willing to meet with me to discuss life or work and will help you to reach your goals.
Short lived job
Ride/Show Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJanuary 12, 2017
Work schedule is always in limbo. Poor work/life balance. Shift pick by seniority, and you get bumped down when more senior people transfer into your department.
Pros
Free park passes
Cons
Can't use them when your sleeping between shifts.
Great coworkers but pay does not reflect the work we do
CA Adventure Attractions Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 12, 2017
I love working at Walt Disney Co. in Anaheim. The people I work with make the days so much better. However, I don't believe we get paid nearly enough for all the work that we do. Sometimes I do the work of custodial, maintenance, and attraction cast members all at one attraction on any given day. Not to mention the constant strain on our emotional stability, especially since I've been attacked 4 times since I started working there 7 months ago, and no one even bothered to try and help me at work. I believe this job is worth it because making magic for children is the best feeling in the world. I just wish I had more hours, job security, and better pay.
Pros
free admission to parks, great coworkers
Cons
low pay, not enough hours, worst guests in the world
Productive, fun and exciting work environment
Professional Chemistry Internship (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLJanuary 12, 2017
A typical day at Disney consisted of daily water quality testing. I learned a tremendous amount about the importance of water chemistry and how that can affect a marine habitat. The management at Disney was incredible. They were extremely knowledgeable in their field and worked very hard to make sure the interns learned a lot during their internship. The people I worked around made the experience even better and are honestly one of the things I miss most. Everybody is excited to be working at Disney and conflict rarely arose within the team. The hardest part of the job was carrying all the equipment around to the different habitats. The most enjoyable was the people I worked with and making guests smile.
Pros
Working with incredible people
Cons
Carrying lots of equipment around with you
fun place to work for
Cook-1 (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 12, 2017
i worked at a restaurant kitchen, it is hot and fast paced. there are nights when you want to run off but other nights are really fun it all depends on the attitude and passion you put into it
This company has been good to me
Semi-Senior Secretary - Disney Child Care Center (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 11, 2017
Overall the Walt Disney Company has been good to me. Depending on where you work in the company though will determine how well you are treated overall. I enjoyed the staff and children at the childcare center. It was nice seeing everyone's smiling faces, it helped to brighten up my days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2