The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Good experience for beginners
Resort Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 30, 2017
This is the perfect company for a college student or a person beginning their working career. Advancement can be extremely difficult, unless you are connected. If you can attain a leadership role, follow the flow. Going against it is highly discouraged. Believe it or not, the best notation on my resume for finding work, especially outside the company.
Pros
Working environment
Cons
Pay
Great job but don't get too comfortable
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 27, 2017
I enjoyed my 20 year career at TWDS but was laid off before I was old enough to retire. They do this frequently and replace the experienced employees with younger, cheaper employees.
Pros
Great perks
Cons
Frequent lay-offs
Stressful and a bit Cultish
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYOctober 27, 2017
I always loved Disney while I was growing up. Once I got a job at the Disney Store, I was so excited. It was a bit underwhelming for a few reasons. They make you study every Disney movie, Disney show, and know all of the character names, which was extremely difficult. The pay was only $9 an hour. When you're closing at night with one manager, they never help you clean, so it's just you cleaning poo smears out of the princess castle, vacuuming the rug, organizing the stuffed animal mountain for the 50th time of the day, etc. They also expect you to come up with corny lines on the spot to say to kids like, "Howdy partner!!! Are you ready to round up some rodeo with woody?" And you would get in trouble if you didn't do this. They also expect you to be unrealistically bubbly throughout your entire shift. I had to quit because I felt like I was in a cult.
Pros
disney!
Cons
cultish, unrealistic, too much required
Fun work expierence
Park Greeter (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 26, 2017
The cast members you work with are amazing, and everyone cares about each other. The trainers and other cast members are really helpful, everyone is very polite. I personally love working in the ticket booths.
Fun place to work. Where dreams come true!
STUDENT INTERN AT THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 26, 2017
I worked for Disney as a paid college intern. I learned so much working there. This job really taught me all about customer service and what it really meant to be a team player. I would never take back the amazing work experience and memories I made there.
days at work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 25, 2017
Come into work and sit down at your seat. I learned to properly assist customers with orders. Management was great always there when needed. Great environment met new people. The jobs was very easy. Best part about the job was knowing I helped people out.
Pros
great experiene.
Cons
no cons to the job i loved the job.
By far, the best place I've ever worked.
RESERVATION SALES (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 25, 2017
My husband had to relocate for work, otherwise I would never have left Disney. As a travel trade reservation agent, I helped other travel agents create magical vacations for their clients. What a great job!
Pros
Benefits, fun environment, great management
Mission Magic
Lead Castmember (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAOctober 25, 2017
At Disney Store, it's all about creating magical experiences. It's the closest thing to actually being in Disney World or Disneyland. A good retail experience.
this was a contracted job
Concrete Theme Paint Specialist (Former Employee) –  HawaiiOctober 25, 2017
to be fair, this was a contracted job, so I did not work directly for them so my pay checks and benefits came from the company that hired me to work for them.
Pros
exciting and creative
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Reservation Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 24, 2017
Being part of the magic and talking to so many people is a great thing, to help them make a custom plan for a vacation with an extra touch to make it unique for them
Pros
having fun
Cons
constantly evolving
Not what I expected
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 23, 2017
When you hear Disney you expect all the magic, however the reality is they cut a lot of corners at the cast members expense a lot of the time. great benefits but no room to grow the people in any desirable positions don't leave.
It can be productive
Cook 1 (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 23, 2017
The place is not bad it’s the people who make it bad. It’s all depend on your location where you working at the property some Chef are willing to teach you because they know that you are the future for this company and some treat you like nobody.
Great benefits, Loved the job.
Server/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Garden ViewOctober 22, 2017
I loved my job as a Tea Master.
I looked forward to working with my team.
It was hard physical work, but fun.
I have worked many years but I now know that no matter how wonderful a job is if you have management who aren't supportive and listening to their staff it can degrade even the best environment.
No matter how much money you make, you have to enjoy your time at your job.
Pros
The smiles and laughter of the children at Disney.
Great Experience
College Program Merchandising Intern (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 21, 2017
A great experience for a college student. Lots of opportunities to make magic and interact with guests. Great management team and coworkers. A really fantastic program to build your customer service skills.
A really fun place to work
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 20, 2017
I learned to work with different cultures. They are organized and they take care the customer as well they employees. One of the most difficult part to learn different languages
Most Magical Company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 20, 2017
As anyone would know, Disney is the most magical of all companies to work for. It is fun, exciting and ever changing with all the new movies and character releases.
Job at Epcot
Attractions Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 18, 2017
Not a job I would go back to unfortunately. Hours were limited. Pay was not great. Management wasn't the best and I never felt I could make the connections I wanted in the company.
Fun place to work
TAD Recourses Contractor (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAOctober 18, 2017
This was one of the most fun job I have ever worked at. It was like a kid in a toy store. All the Staff was professional and supportive. I worked as a contractor.
There were many benefits
Custodial host (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 17, 2017
I enjoyed the third shift. You were your own boss. There weren’t many guests. It was a relaxed atmosphere. There were many benefits. The health insurance really helped.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Sometimes the went slow
Positive work place
Server, Hostess (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 17, 2017
Great Benefits
Management needs improvement
Fair work place
Happy environment
Great guest experiences
Enjoy training at different locations of the hotel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2