The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Loved It!
Attractions Hostess and Guest Control Coordinator (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAJune 15, 2015
Disney was great place to really enter a world of fun and safety. The cast members there are amazing and I loved being there! Wish there was better pay and more hours but still fun!
Great company the pay is great and the benefits endless
Cooks, Restaurant (Current Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLJune 15, 2015
Pros: To many to mention.
Cons: none in my humble opinion.
I would recommend working there for all individuals. Awesome benefits and great work place. If you want to work they will make it happen.
Excellent Company Overall
Strategic Project Manager (Former Employee), Celebration, FLJune 14, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and onsite health center
Cons: Long hours, but most of that was self-engineered, so I cannot blame the company.
TWDC is an excellent company to wok for. They continue to make changes to improve the work/life balance. I worked in the same department for several years and built lasting relationships with both internal and external partners. The hardest part of the job was the long hours, and the most enjoyable was the interaction with all levels of management.
Great Company Great and Talented People
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Glendale, CAJune 11, 2015
Pros: Training, Travel and Team Building
Cons: Contract work only
I was involved in the ride control design and documentation for the Hong Kong and China Park Installation Projects. My contract was cancelled due to construction being halted overseas. I would like to return at some point if contracts get re assigned.
WONDERFUL COMPANY TO WORK FOR.
PROFESSIONAL FIGURE SKATER (Former Employee), WORLD TOUR CRUISE SHIPJune 10, 2015
LOVED WORKING FOR DISNEY. LEARNED SO MUCH AND DEVELOPED MY PERFORMANCE SKILLS. TRAVELLED THE WORLD AND BECAME CONFIDENT IN MY SKATING/PERFORMING. WOULD GO BACK IN A HEARTBEAT.
Fun place to work, great management.
Ride Operator (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Entrance to Disney Parks
Cons: Disney will be your life.
Working at the Resort was definitely a fun time in my life but it also was my very life. The schedules are so wacky that you could be working all morning shifts one week and then graveyard shifts the next. There was no consistency whatsoever. Job security looked good for those who put the effort and attention in. Very nice management team who really puts on the appearance of caring.
very good working place
hvac (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 7, 2015
very good place to work very professional gain good practice friendly place good leraning place and apply good skills lots of respect
Disneyland
Cashier, Tugger, Steward, Stocker (Former Employee), Anaheim, CaliforniaJune 6, 2015
Pros: Great work culture
Cons: Special events get in the way of school.
A typical day involved a tremendous amount of cash handling as well as making sure your till balanced with your inventory at the end of the day. Disneyland taught me a tremendous amount of customer service skills. In addition to this, viewing the culture of employees at Disneyland gave me an impression of what a work culture should be like. especially in terms of management - employee relationships. The hardest part of the job was keeping up orders with an outdoor vendor cart as a stocker. This required making real time estimates of what a cart may need in the future, as taking its stock would require walking across the entire park, about a 30 minute task.
An amazing company to work for
Attractions Cast Member (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAJune 5, 2015
Pros: meeting people from around the world
Cons: high stress environment
Working Attractions at Disneyland, I would go into rotation and dispatch vehicles into the attraction and insure that guests were all seated properly and the attraction was completely operational. This fast paced environment taught me to be calm and organized and efficient.
Disney Institute
Company Intern (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 4, 2015
Managed client relationships resulting in booking of Disney Institute programming. Responsibilities also include facilitating site inspections, entertaining clients, generation of proposals and sales contracts, negotiation of contract terms and conditions as well as trade show participation. Partnered with areas throughout the Walt Disney World Resort to ensure a seamless and magical experience for our Disney Institute Guests.
Results Driven Environment, Team Oriented
Cast Member (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 2, 2015
Pros: Great enviornment
Cons: Poor Pay
Work here was intensive with many regulations that needed to be met. Our job was to create memories for others, train incoming cast members, coordinate everyone to maximize results.
The hardest part of this job was the extreme hours however this allowed me to truly grow in my dedication to my job and gave me a sense of pride in everything I accomplished.
Fun place to work
Animal Husbandry Associate (Former Employee), Kapolei, HIMay 30, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Animal Husbandry Associate, August 2013 – Present
- Husbandry Associate for freshwater and marine exhibits
- Responsible for the daily care of the fish and invertebrate collection including, but not limited to: All aquatic exhibit maintenance including: pumps, filtration systems, and other life support operation and maintenance, maintain quarantine holding tanks, clean exhibits and viewing panels
- Assist the Animal Care Manager with purchasing supplies and food for the collection, animal husbandry, animal acquisition, and animal disposition.
- Keep accurate and concise records
- Provide educational presentations and tours to resort guests
- Assisting the Aulani Animal Care team with the care, well-being, management, behavioral conditioning and enrichment of the animal collection
- Daily routine cleaning, animal observation, diet preparation, and reporting medical needs and abnormal conditions to the zoological managers
- Assists the Aulani Animal Care team in ensuring that facilities and equipment are kept in a safe and orderly manner
- Maintain daily records, collect and log information, and ensure this information is communicated to management and recorded in the Aulani databases
- Participates in a developmental program including on-the-job experience as well as formalized training from the animal management and veterinary teams
Not too bad
Food and Beverage Cashier (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAMay 30, 2015
Pros: Perks, free entry
Cons: Management, pay
It always depends on what area you are in. Managers move around a lot, and they don't care about you too much. Cast members are EASILY replaceable.
Fun place.
Customer Service,Cashier. (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 29, 2015
Pros: Fun place
Great environment,great benefits,lots of gift,lots of training,very stressful place to work,high volume of very demanding guest. But you meet wonderful people from all over the world who sometimes you become friends with through the years of then traveling to the same location.
Great place to be
World College Internship Program (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 29, 2015
One of the best companies to work for. I learned so much, I learned about life and my days were filled with so much that taught me about my career in media.
Strong CEO
Senior Financial Analyst- Planning & Strategy (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 22, 2015
Pros: Disney is a large company so you can move around.
Cons: New York office is very small.
Strong CEO and executive leadership. Unfortunately, until you pave your way through the ranks, you will deal with lots of poor leaders.
A Magic Factory
Lead Copywriter (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Free drinks, lots of food, cheap commissary
Cons: Little advancement, cramped offices
Yes, it's Disney. But all that means is pictures of Mickey Mouse everywhere. It's still a HUGE corporation whose goal is to make money, like any other job.

Sadly, any chance to "shine" will go unnoticed because there are simply too many people involved in any given project.

Also, their policy of hiring contract workers only and then MAYBE converting them to full time in 18 months is weak.

My boss was very nice but also too old for his job and very forgetful.

Also- beware project managers. Some are great but some can- and will- mess with you and do things you did not sign off on to make deadlines. I found that last one the most troublesome.
Good Job
Operations Department Coordinator (Current Employee), Burbank, CAMay 21, 2015
My time at the post office was fine. I made many friends and had a lot of freedom to perform my job to the best of my ability, and do things my way.
Fun Place to work at!
QSR Cashier and Trainer (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 20, 2015
To be able to create magical moments with guests was my favorite part, being part of the show I love so much. Also the interaction with cast members from other areas is very exciting for me, networking in The Walt Disney Company is one of the best things that the company has.
Great place to work for executive
Director, Legal Affairs (Former Employee), Burbank, CAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Excellent corporate philosophy
Cons: Job security
A great place to work so long as you are a Director or above. Otherwise, you are a clog in a massive wheel. Great benefits and opportunities to transfer to other parts of a massive conglomerate.