The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,926 reviews matching the search
Fun Workplace
Disney's Animal Kingdom- Outdoor Vending (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 1, 2016
During my Disney College Program I have been given the opportunity to meet new people from all over the world. I've been able to build relationships with my co-workers, take classes and have fun in the parks. Overall a great experience.
Productive and fun work environment
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAMay 18, 2016
My experience working at disney was a great one. Typical day assisting guest on sales floor as well as dealing with hard lines and soft-line material. Every day was a memorable day seeing the guest happy as well as the name itself made it fun
Fun work place with genuine employees
Disney Dining Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 7, 2016
My experience with Disney Dining was great. Through them I learned a lot of communication skills. It taught me patience with guests that aren't easy to deal with. Even though it was our job to keep a smile on our face, my co-workers were genuinely kindhearted. The job wasn't hard, the only time it was challenging were the times when call volume reached 80-100 calls waiting. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the magic happen for all guests, especially those who were agitated from the very beginning. Once they saw the hard work we put into trying to get reservations for their vacation their attitudes would change and by the end of most phone calls they would tell me I made their day. That was the best part of the entire job, guest satisfaction.
Very relaxed environment
Customer Service and Training (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 25, 2016
This was an amazing job and I like to believe that if they were still in the area that I would still be with the company. I started as a Customer Service Rep taking orders in an inbound call center and quickly became a Guest Relations Specialist taking care of the Customer when things went wrong with the orders. Prior to accepting a role as a trainer I did a season as a Lead with a team of 12 to 16 people under me. The remainder of my time with the company was spent as a Trainer teaching new hires and mentoring them through out their time with the company. Management was great, the people that worked for this company were amazing.
Pros
Free tickets to Disney world packaged with discounts, health care and 401k options
Cons
The company no longer operates within the United States, when I left but they have return to the country not the area.
Disney College Program
College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 13, 2016
I absolutely loved working for Disney. It gave me so many opportunities that I would not have gotten otherwise. I met so many people from all across the world. I may not have enjoyed everyday at work, but the College Program was great.
Loved it
College Internship Program (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 1, 2016
Was a great place to work! I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to work for walt Disney world. You'll work long hours, but you'll learn a lot about customer service and how amazing Disney can be! Plus the perk of free park admission is AMAZING
Great Company with a wonderful goal
FRONTLINE SERVICE ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 9, 2016
The Walt Disney Company is indeed a company worth working for. I've learned so much about the outstanding service the company has cultured in our minds. The leadership within the company has been the best I've ever worked for and I'd do anything to make them look good.
Pros
Free Park entrance
Very educational, loved it, would recommend it to anyone
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 10, 2016
it has been a dream come true! I have learned so much, and can't wait to take it back home once it is time for me to leave. I was merchandise at Hollywood Studios then extended through the summer at Animal Kingdom
Fun place to work
Resource / Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 23, 2016
Walt Disney was a magical place to work. Relaxed atmosphere, raised desk, gym and great people. I enjoyed working with all different teams such as iOS Developers, android Developers.

Onsite and offsite event planning. I got chance to host Disney event in lots of Hotels in the Seattle area.
Pros
Free Begals
Cons
No parks in Seattle
I like this job, always doing something different
Scenic Fabrication (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 12, 2016
Management and co-workers are all very nice people.
I've learned how to do some things in the floral department that I've never done before.
Most enjoyable was going into the theme parks to do some work.
Pros
hours
Flexible schedules!!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeJune 4, 2016
I worked from home for Disney Dining and I loved it! they pay was good and I got to choose my own schedule! the only thing was we got no discounts for Disney as much as I love them.
Pros
work from home, pay, flexible
Cons
no disney discounts
Amazing company, not much advancement
Marketing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2016
Wonderful company, incredible work, amazing experiences. Limited opportunities for growth and development from within. Limited cross department integration on projects and personnel interactions. Executives are invested in the company mission, and their employees. Pay scale is not wonderful for the size of the overall company, particularly in middle management and support staff.
Exciting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 31, 2016
*Learned management skills.
*Learned to associate with various cultures of people.
*Learned to be more creative and organized.
*Possessed timeliness.
*Assisted management with additional duties.
Pros
Management, Casual Work Environment, Flexible Work Schedule
Cons
No benefits
Capturing moments a photo at a time!
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 30, 2016
I loved what the company stood for, during every photo we where trained to capture the guest moment of joy. Sometimes it was their first, other times that moment would be their last. I truly loved working to make other happy.
Simply terrific
General Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 22, 2016
The Walt Disney Company is the pinnacle when comparing retail jobs. The benefits are terrific, work/life balance is recognized as important, opportunity for promotion are abundant, and work on a daily basis is fun and energetic.
Great place to work. Cultivates creativity and wonder!
Disney Mobile Games Quality Assurance Tester (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAApril 18, 2016
Disney Interactive is a dream job! It houses all the magic that makes Disney so amazing and successful. I am very thankful for the experience and the chances to be part of such an awesome company!
fun work place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 16, 2016
This is definitely a fun work place. However, there is not much room for growth unless you plan on moving to Orlando. The schedules are always changing. dress code seems to be a little too strict.
Pros
free park entrance with up to 3 guests
Cons
pay rate and schedule
Fun pace to work!
Attractions Host (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 12, 2016
I love to inspire the imagination of Guests and peers through storytelling, ensuring a memorable experience. Also, As a Cast Member, my interactions with our Guests allow me to bring animated films to life while sharing the legacy that Walt Disney has left behind.
Walt Disney Co - ABC
Manager of Finance and Accounting (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 1, 2016
Was my first job out of college was very exciting and got my feet wet in the business world. Learned a lot there as well and had great experiences. For instance worked on the Summer Olympics 1984 in LA as a liason for KABC-TV with other TV stations from around the world.
Pros
Diverse first job
Cons
not much
You put up with a lot because its Disney
Director (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 9, 2016
It should be a fun place to work. The cool products and IP keep you going - but the culture is a drag. It really isn't enjoyable and its very political. Its not until you work somewhere else that you realize how unhappy you were at Disney.
Pros
Disney perks
Cons
Management is corrupt, no advancement

4.3

4.2
Best places to work in
Restaurants, Travel and Leisure
4. The Walt Disney Company
5. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
6. Four Seasons