The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Found 2,174 reviews matching the search
Hard to grow
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 7, 2017
Fun place to work, but it can be stressful. It is long and strenuous to advance. life work balance is non-existent. A good place to learn though.
Pros
Benefits, fellow employees
Cons
Low pay
Productive and fun workplace to work in
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 6, 2017
Work for Disneyland was super fun, you get to interact with guests from all over the world specially if you work in stores. Theres nothing in this job that's hard to do, every job in Disneyland is pretty much easy and enjoyable.
Great experience for entry level positions!
QSR (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 6, 2017
I loved working for Disney, if I hadn't of moved I would still probably be working for them. The only downside to work with Disney was the Manager Staff, it was chaotic and there was always drama. Other than that though it is a great place to begin your career.
Pros
Free Disney Passes
Cons
Poor Manager Staff
Great Co-workers
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Epcot Center, Walt Disney World, FLJanuary 5, 2017
A great company filled with great people. Generally okay with any personal problems that would be needed to take into account. Could have better management team.
Pros
Nice Environment, pleasant people
Cons
Not enough work hours to go around
I love twdc
Boutique Hostess (Former Employee) –  ForidaJanuary 5, 2017
Honestly, one cannot say enough great things about working for the Walt Disney Company. It is truly a magical place to be, no pun intended.
Fun work place but poor career advancement
DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 5, 2017
Fun work place but poor career advancement.
Great learning opportunity and family life work balance.
Excessive work load.
Lack of honesty from management
My Time here
Attractions Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 4, 2017
I had issues with Disney from the start. It took them four months to get back to me after my interview and then it was hard to speak with management about anything. I felt like management was always against me and constantly trying to find flaws in what I did as well as other people. I was set to work part time only but was forced into working full-time hours.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Long hours, bad benefits, disrespectful management
Amazing learning experience
Guest Relations Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Although you work really hard and have long work days, it is a wonderful place to work at. You can only grow with the company through networking, but it is possible. Benefits are amazing and the perks are something that I miss everyday.
Pros
Discounts on hotels and cruises. Free entrance to any Disney park around the world, except for Tokyo Sea.
Cons
Work a large amount of over time.
Great place to work! Good environment and happy to work there.
Executive / Sr. Desktop Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 3, 2017
It was a great place to work. Working for one of the biggest industries in the world was very rewarding and wonderful to work for. Every day was a learning experience at work. There was never a dull day at Disney. People were always happy and willing to work as a team.
Account Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2017
great please to work. love my co workers. i am relocating for my fiancee to newport. great benefits. great ppl. hardest part is that i didnt get promoted
Large company but cuslture of insanity
Manager of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 3, 2017
If you don't show up on Saturday, don't bother coming in on Sunday. One of the many mantra. They're not a good company to work for as they're filled with people who are not good people.
Best Job I've Ever Had
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Hostess, Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 3, 2017
Making over little girls into princesses and filling their days with magic was so incredible. Everyone I worked with simply was there to make others happy, which made for such a positive, uplifting work environment. I gladly woke up to go to work in the morning. Managers were some of the nicest people I have ever met and, even in a very large company, truly cared for each person and got to know them. The hardest part of this job was saying goodbye after my internship ended.
Great Work life balance, Good career opportunities
Professional Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 2, 2017
Great Work life balance
Good career opportunities
Competitive Salary
Perks like park tickets for family
Management is highly professional
Incredible
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 31, 2016
I love everything about The Walt Disney Company and would recommend anyone who loves the idea of making some else's day better work here. I made some incredible memories that I still cherish today.
Horrible management
Retail sales cast member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 31, 2016
Loved trying my hardest everyday to make a guests experience the best it could possibly be. Management on the other hand plays favorites. They will also like to tell you. That is you mess up there are thousands more to take your place.
Pros
Guests
Magic and History
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 31, 2016
The best part about working for Disney is the opportunity to enjoy the park with your friends and family when you're not working. Wearing a costume at first was my least favorite part but its less laundry and its part of the Show.
Productive and Fun workplace, Sometimes stressful
Food and Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLDecember 31, 2016
If given the chance to work for the mouse, take it! Pay isn't anything amazing but the experience certainly is. I met people from all around the world daily and that made it worth it.
I participated in a 6 month college program at Disney's Art of Animation
Pros
Organized, Clean, well run
Cons
Stressful work environment (but it's Disney so its expected)
Positive, Fun, Family.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 29, 2016
The Walt Disney Company has been great to me since I joined the family. They have been nothing but helpful and caring. I love the company so much for all they have done.
Pros
Free self admission with minimal black out days.
Cons
Black out days.
Fun workplace
Front Desk Cashier Trainer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 29, 2016
Working at the Walt Disney Company is a fun and energetic workplace. You meet people from all over the world that come to visit the parks and also that come to work for the company.
Great place to chase the mouse
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 28, 2016
This was an awesome place to work. Enjoyed every minute of it. Would go back any day! Some times I wish I was still there. Please give the mouse a try one day!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2