The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,924 reviews matching the search
Excellent work place
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxMay 12, 2016
I absolutely loved working for Disney. Everyday was more like living out my childhood and much less did not feel like work. The pay was great and fit my busy school schedule. Everyday i got to interact with children of all ages and my communication skills grew very much. I left working The Disney Store because at the time I was transferring schools. Disney is an excellent company to work for and I have absolutlely nothing negative to say about the company ever.
Pros
Great benefits and fun atmosphere
Walt Disney
Sr. Software Engineer - Mobile (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 23, 2016
Disney Mobile apps will enhance the user experience for Disney parks and resorts. Mobile app provides estimated wait times for attractions, view entertainment schedules, browse interactive maps. Locating park attractions on the map, special field’s - PhotoPass for picture identification, FastPass for accessing fast lane inside the park, ticket purchasing, credit-card scan using JUMIO SDK are offered to User. The Mobile app supports multiple languages
Nice Working Environment,working hours,Job locations, Security,Salary benefits,job cultures,Management.team work
Onsite Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 6, 2015
Fun to work and great learning experience
Merchandise Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 12, 2015
A typical day at work was fast and continually busy. I learned so much about retail and customer service. The management there was amazing and they really wanted to help us benefit and also keep an eye out for the company. My coworkers became like family to me. I loved them all. The hardest part of the job were the long and rough hours. The most enjoyable part of the day was anytime something great happened where I could make someone smile.
Pros
people interaction, 20% discount on disney merchandise
Cons
The most influential and innovative company in the buisness
Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 25, 2016
A typical day at work would feel like a sunny dream on the road to success.
I've been able to learn in 4 months what people can't in a lifetime thanks to the producers and artists around me.
The management in Disney is an art.
My co-workers were from all horizons and cultures carrying the deepest artistic background and social skills.
The hardest part of the job was not to cry when it ended :)
The most enjoyable part of the job was to learn at the light speed.
Pros
Disney
Cons
Nothing at all
Very fun place to work
Quick Service food and beverage cook/cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 29, 2015
This was my first restaurant job. I loved everything about it. Worked long hours and met a lot of new people. Really showed me how the restaurant industry is supposed to be run. The management team showed me things and introduced me to new things about restaurants. Got to work at a couple of locations and enjoyed each one.
Who doesnt love working with Disney
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 8, 2016
I loved working here at Disney, I was a working student and this specific location was close to my school. The management accommodated my schedule and made it an awesome experience working here.
Entertainment Powerhouse
Vice President, Project Controls (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 22, 2015
This was my second time working for The Walt Disney Company at Walt Disney Imagineering. I was asked to come back to work on the Shanghai Disney Resort project in Shanghai, China. I relocated to Shanghai in 2012 and after three years returned to California. It was a great experience learning about Chinese culture and lifestyle. I had the opportunity to hire 150 Chinese to fulfill the Finance, Estimating, Planning/Scheduling and Contract Administration roles for the construction duration of the resort which included Disneyland, two hotels, a retail/dining/entertainment complex, parking, area development and infrastructure for this 700 acre resort.
Pros
Exciting atmosphere, every day is different
A Lovely Place--As expected
Asia/Africa Cashier, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 8, 2016
As a cashier, Disney trained me incredibly well and made sure I was ready to give the best service to the guests. Because I was trained so well and had the most competent co-workers a person could wish for I was able to do my job well. The managers were great too, although they do hover (probably because I was a new employee). The job was not particularly difficult and the best part was meeting the kindest guests from all over the world.
Pros
Cool job location, everyone is nice
Cons
Management hovers
Fun work place with genuine employees
Disney Dining Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 7, 2016
My experience with Disney Dining was great. Through them I learned a lot of communication skills. It taught me patience with guests that aren't easy to deal with. Even though it was our job to keep a smile on our face, my co-workers were genuinely kindhearted. The job wasn't hard, the only time it was challenging were the times when call volume reached 80-100 calls waiting. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the magic happen for all guests, especially those who were agitated from the very beginning. Once they saw the hard work we put into trying to get reservations for their vacation their attitudes would change and by the end of most phone calls they would tell me I made their day. That was the best part of the entire job, guest satisfaction.
Great enviroment to learn superior customer service
Personal Vacation Advisor, Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2016
What a great experience working for Disney. They are known for their world class service... and they training you receive on how to have that level of service with every encounter, is worth every sacrifice I made to work here. The benefits are pretty good, the perks are amazing.
Pros
Great place for top notch experience.
Cons
Terrible pay for the area. Large wage and cost of living gap. Disney doesnt help that problem
Nice colleagues with excellent coffee maker
Decision Science Professional Intern (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 12, 2016
Like Disney culture, even though most of the colleagues graduated from Berkeley, MIT, U Mich, etc. Business team and Decision Science Team work closely.
good
cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 6, 2015
great place to work , the great benefits the management was great , the people in this work place were always happy it was nice place to work at.
Excellent Company Overall
Strategic Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Celebration, FLJune 14, 2015
TWDC is an excellent company to wok for. They continue to make changes to improve the work/life balance. I worked in the same department for several years and built lasting relationships with both internal and external partners. The hardest part of the job was the long hours, and the most enjoyable was the interaction with all levels of management.
Pros
Great benefits and onsite health center
Cons
Long hours, but most of that was self-engineered, so I cannot blame the company.
Family Feel with Opportunity
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 22, 2015
This is a great company for people and has a family/community feel. There is lots of opportunity to move to affiliated companies as well as any of the other theme parks around the world. There is room for management growth, even if you don't have a college degree.

There are some setbacks, as the pay scale is low on most office/professional jobs compared to same position outside of the company. Also, I have witnessed a lot of "sweeping under the rug" and cooperate policy can sometimes get in the way of morale.
Pros
Great perks
Cons
Pay/Salary
Incredible experience
Custodial Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 21, 2016
The Disney College Program is one of the most amazing things I've ever done. I worked as a custodian at Disney's Hollywood Studios, which taught me A LOT about humility and having a good attitude. I also learned a lot about customer service, and making sure that your guests are happy with their experience. Working for the Walt Disney Company, making magic for the guests is the most important thing. I got to be a part of that every day, and it was magical for me, too. I spent my days cleaning toilets, emptying trash cans, and answering guests' questions about various attractions or restaurants in the park. I developed close working relationships with my coworkers and my leaders. The working environment was wonderful. The hardest part of the job was dealing with negative guests. My favorite part of the job was the people- my coworkers and the guests.
Pros
Free admission to Walt Disney World Parks, paid above minimum wage
Cons
Employee cafeteria is expensive, unpredictable schedule
Dynamic, diverse work place full of high acheivers
CRM Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLFebruary 6, 2016
A fast-paced work environment that flexes to accommodate personal life needs as long as you perform with integrity and deliver quality work within deadlines. It's a great culture for high achievers and attracts dynamic people with diverse backgrounds.
Solid and creative company
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 13, 2016
I have no complaints about working for Disney. I have been proud to work for such a prestigious company who time and again dominates the entertainment media industry by focusing on quality. People that work there are passionate and really enjoy what they do. Management by and large makes smart decisions, and the work culture has been great. Being in the entertainment business, job stability is much more chaotic.
It is productive, fun.
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 9, 2015
A typical day at work is cleaning, assisting guests and helping coworkers. I've learned how leadership performs. Management is very helpful. The coworkers are helpful as well and function as a team. The hardest part of the job is upset guests. The most enjoyable part of the job is making the guests happy.
Pros
getting into the park for free, and working in the rides.
Cons
occational upset guests.
Intern for the Disney College Program
Walt Disney World College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 14, 2016
I have absolutely nothing negative to say about my time at Disney World. The internship helped me find the career path I wanted to pursue. If given the option to go back, I would return without a second of hesitation.

4.3