The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Found 2,184 reviews matching the search
Large company but cuslture of insanity
Manager of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 3, 2017
If you don't show up on Saturday, don't bother coming in on Sunday. One of the many mantra. They're not a good company to work for as they're filled with people who are not good people.
Best Job I've Ever Had
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Hostess, Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 3, 2017
Making over little girls into princesses and filling their days with magic was so incredible. Everyone I worked with simply was there to make others happy, which made for such a positive, uplifting work environment. I gladly woke up to go to work in the morning. Managers were some of the nicest people I have ever met and, even in a very large company, truly cared for each person and got to know them. The hardest part of this job was saying goodbye after my internship ended.
Great Work life balance, Good career opportunities
Professional Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 2, 2017
Great Work life balance
Good career opportunities
Competitive Salary
Perks like park tickets for family
Management is highly professional
Incredible
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 31, 2016
I love everything about The Walt Disney Company and would recommend anyone who loves the idea of making some else's day better work here. I made some incredible memories that I still cherish today.
Horrible management
Retail sales cast member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 31, 2016
Loved trying my hardest everyday to make a guests experience the best it could possibly be. Management on the other hand plays favorites. They will also like to tell you. That is you mess up there are thousands more to take your place.
Pros
Guests
Magic and History
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 31, 2016
The best part about working for Disney is the opportunity to enjoy the park with your friends and family when you're not working. Wearing a costume at first was my least favorite part but its less laundry and its part of the Show.
Productive and Fun workplace, Sometimes stressful
Food and Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLDecember 31, 2016
If given the chance to work for the mouse, take it! Pay isn't anything amazing but the experience certainly is. I met people from all around the world daily and that made it worth it.
I participated in a 6 month college program at Disney's Art of Animation
Pros
Organized, Clean, well run
Cons
Stressful work environment (but it's Disney so its expected)
Positive, Fun, Family.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 29, 2016
The Walt Disney Company has been great to me since I joined the family. They have been nothing but helpful and caring. I love the company so much for all they have done.
Pros
Free self admission with minimal black out days.
Cons
Black out days.
Fun workplace
Front Desk Cashier Trainer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 29, 2016
Working at the Walt Disney Company is a fun and energetic workplace. You meet people from all over the world that come to visit the parks and also that come to work for the company.
Great place to chase the mouse
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 28, 2016
This was an awesome place to work. Enjoyed every minute of it. Would go back any day! Some times I wish I was still there. Please give the mouse a try one day!
Lots of free incentives for work hard.
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  717 N Michigan AVEDecember 28, 2016
It is a fun place to work. The guest that come into the store are always very excited to see old and new movies. They often remember songs from the movie, that we play on the big screen in the back. Overall it is an exciting place to work.
It as magical as you make it
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJDecember 28, 2016
I worked for the Disney Store for 5 years. Like any job there was bad with the good. I was lucky enough to have worked with great cast members and an awesome management team. The only downside was the weekends were mandatory and during the holiday season you weren't allowed to request any time off. Its mandatory to work on Thanksgiving and there was no employee parkings so trying to find parking was hard. Besides that the perks alone is worth it.
Pros
Tickets and cast member exclusive merch
Cons
Time Off
Fun and exciting place to work at
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 27, 2016
Working at the Disneyland Resort can be a dream come true for many, you get to experience the "Magic" first hand. You get several oppurtunites every shift to make a guest's experience from good to great to spectactular. It is an amazing company to work for
Pros
Free Disney passes to Disney Parks, discounts on merchandise and Disney experiences
Loved making Magic with Disney
Merchandise Associate/Relief manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 26, 2016
I had the chance to learn many new things. My favorite part of my job was to make caramel dipped apples and mickey cake pops!

I loved the close customer service that I was able to have with the guest and the chance to create Magic.

The hardest part of my job was having to leave it, the wages were not enough to live on .
Pros
Loved being part of creating magic!
Cons
Wages
Fun, but Long Hours
Monorail Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 26, 2016
It is fun to work for them, but it will be long hours and high stress. You do get free access to the parks, but you might not have enough time to visit all of them.
Learning different things
Packer and QA (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 24, 2016
Working with different people learning all that I could along the way. Everything and everyone was easy to work with .Management was great and very understanding. Co-workers were great people. everything was enjoyable with this job
Pros
Great gifts at give aways
Cons
rude people
Great Environment
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 22, 2016
Very good, intelligent, fun people.
Organized and productive
Great collaborative environment.
Enjoy the projects and feels like they are in line with an overall desire to create a good working environment
Great benefits
Membership Administration Accounting (Current Employee) –  Celebration, FLDecember 21, 2016
This company had great perks for the medical benefits. The option for discounts and park entries for you and your family are also a plus.
Part of the Magic for over 15 years!
Producer/Writer/Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 20, 2016
Magical company, for artists, and executives alike. Tremendous open minded culture, and content creation tools available.
Good place for a college job
Entertainment (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLDecember 20, 2016
Disney can be a great company to work for, depending on what department you are in. They do have great values, excellent customer service, and entertainment is a great job to have during school and other transitional periods of life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2