The Warranty Group Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
CSR Insurance Sales and Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Golden, COJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Culture and people
Cons: they closed down in Golden, CO
I would still be with them if they hadn't moved back to Chicago. So sorry to see them leave Golden, CO. A typical day would be helping people with travel insurance and getting ready to go on a trip. I also processed claims when people needed to place one. My Manager was one of the best guys I've ever worked with. He was kind, considerate and above all, fair. The hardest part of the job was when they announced they were closing down our building and everybody would be laid off. The best part was the three years I worked there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fun place to work
Bilingual Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Golden, COJune 3, 2015
Pros: Flexibility of schedule. I was able to work early shift 6-2
Cons: Job site was far from my home
I started in the customer service for a year and moved to the claims department. I processed claims for purchases that were insured by American Express and make sure that the charge was in the account and the amounts, request for documentation, police report if this was a stolen items, once I have all the required documentation, I made the credit in the account for the amount approved. My authority payment was for a limit of $1000 per claim, for the Platinum card I was authorized to pay $10,000 after manager review. Once in a while processed Baggage claims, when that area was pretty busy.

I was certified in several states to sell the Baggage Protection Plan.

Translated official documents from French, Spanish, Italian into English.

Responsible for CDW auto claims when the card holder rented an auto outside the US.
Would be an ideal place if there was better management
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 29, 2015
Pros: mon-fri work week. decent benefits -sick days, personal days, vacation, paid short-term disability.
Cons: stressful job, poor management
Your work schedule will mostly be awful at first, but enough people will quit or be fired within the first year, that you'll get bumped to a proper shift.

Management are bullies, have no idea what really goes on within the company. Doesn't take input employees until it's too late. Descriminatory practices in employment and enforcement of rules.

Job is very stressful, but having a Mon-Fri schedule was great.
outside sales position
Team Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2015
I really enjoyed doing outside sales and helping merchants business grow by marketing and advertising. Polished my sales experience. Was not able to continue my carrier there because department went out of business
Good place to learn new technologies
IT Security Specialist (Current Employee), Central IllinoisJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: good location with occasional travel
During my time here I have learned so much about IT Security by getting involved in all aspects of IT Security. I sit in on meetings, do vulnerability scans and advise on remediation. I produce metrics for antivirus software and technologies related to Security.
IT Infrastructure Services Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 3, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: struggles with workflow priorities and work/life balances.
Significant mgmt changes in past 18 months.Just bought by a Texas global private investment firm. Biggest challenges are instituting culture changes and encouraging employees to act with a sense of urgency. Some mgmt had difficulty in translating urgency into properly prioritizing day-to-day workflow.

Company has good benefits.

IT is struggling to support outdated legacy systems with newer technologies. IT budget has been impacted by the new ownership. IT has been downsizing in many areas.
one of the harder but most educational jobs I have had
Customer Service Representative/Supervisor (Former Employee), Golden, COOctober 1, 2014
Pros: had to be fast thinking and have tough skin, and i learned tons of customer resolution ideas i still use to this day.
Cons: so many people had been hurt by this closure
This was working with customer service for people who have been taken advantage of when Circuit City went through there liquidation and closure
The Warranty Group
Customer Representative/A/Receivable (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: looking over your shoulder, bad raises
I really like the atmosphere at the Warranty group. I wish the money was better and the advancement. But overall a cool place...
Growing experince
Service Network Administrator (Former Employee), Golden, COAugust 11, 2014
Call center environment to which warranty work was conducted. Warranties from Home to all applications within the home where covered by various insurance products.
Great place to work at client location
Sr. Test Engineer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 5, 2014
I directly report to client side manager and work in a challenging environment which gives me very good learning in my QA career. I work with development and BA team on my reported critical defects. I am having a very good experience in cloud computing and mainframe testing in this job with insurance domain experience.
Unproductive and horrible managment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Champaign, ILApril 1, 2014
Pros: decent pay and competitive benefits
Cons: no help from management, failure to communicate with employees, unorganized system
The management is terrible, you correspond via instant message and have to wait for ten minutes or more until a supervisor decides to reply and alot of times you have to correspond with several teams of management because others won't even acknowledge you, especially if they don't "like" you. The company is unorganized, many times it takes unnecessary time to finally locate someone with the answer, only to be told to have the customer call back or they will call them. Alot of times it was issues a customer service rep could've handled, had the superior took the time to review the notes and make a decision, as opposed to having the consumer very unhappy for them to be on hold for excessive amounts of time and then be told to call back, or info they already know. The customer service team is awesome and many times we tried to go above and beyond, but if it's out of our authority we have to "wait" until the person who can make that call, decides to advise us how to handle the situation. The only plus side is the pay is ok and the benefits are competitive, but i'm sure because the company knows what you have to put up with, the sad thing is it's not the consumers it's the members of management that abuse their authority!!! It's such a closed in setting, everyone gossips and tells other employee's business, i've never worked at such a messy place.Kind of hard to address any issues or concerns you may have, if the issue is with your superior and their "buddies" with their superior, your issue is than kind of brushed under the rug. I'm glad to have learned about the insurance industry, – more... and I also think TWG for their reference for my new job ( company that values their employees), the key to having a happy employee, is to make sure their appreciated and not just there. The company looked ar customer service at the bottom of the totem pole, but truth be told, wer'e the main people the consumer deals with. You're really only able to actually get ahold of someone in management if the call is extremly escalated, so in actuality we play a way bigger role, than the company will ever acknowledge! My recommendations to any potential employees is don't converse too much, anything said will be spread throughout the office and if you don't mind sucking up, even if you're in the right, then this could be the company for you, also if you're content with being stuck in the same position and no room for advancement, then this is the place for you!!! – less
Excellent client.
Senior Synon Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 11, 2014
A great company to work with, especially the iSeries Warranty development team.
Trainer in customer service skills that made buying a new vehicle that exceeded customer expectations.
Major Account Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: teaching dealership facilitators customer service skills.
Trained and managed Honda, Acura and Volvo dealerships throughout the US. I enjoyed teaching dealerships on an program called EXCEL which means exceeding customer expectation levels for life. Most enjoyable part of my job was watching the dealerships change into a customer focused priority and reduce customer concerns.
Teamwork and good management
Web Designer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: remote job, team work, good people
Cons: changes in the company, makes the job unstable.
Working in twg has giving me the opportunity to grow as a professional in my field. Collegues share information and try to put everyone in speed. and Always found a Manager available to hear suggestions and ways to improve work.
Relaxed, laidback feel.
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee), Golden, COSeptember 24, 2013
Very relaxed environment and laid back management. Good place to work with good people. Usually busy customer service center but enjoyable.
Fun work place
Automotive Claims Adjustor Level II (Current Employee), Champaign, ILAugust 28, 2013
Pros: good work environment
Cons: short lunch break, sitting at a computer
I enjoy working for the warranty group because the office environment is lively. My co-workers are a lot of fun to work with, we all help each other out. When I come into work in the morning I basically take phone calls from customers when needed to help with their warranty claims. I also do a lot of electronic claims on the computer. The hardest part of my job is sitting at a desk all day looking at a computer. As for what I actually do at work it is fun because I get to think about the automotive aspect in a different way.
Located in the heart of the south loop of Chicago
Internal Account Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 29, 2013
I have learned a lot about time management and dealing with clients over the phone. TWG does not provide a lot of face to face interaction with their clients. There is not much comradery among the employees. We are all working for the same team however, that is not how it feels. The hardest part of my job is not having much company support from executives. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning new techniques in how to effectively keep customers satisfied.
Interesting place to work
Marketing Administrator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: slow advancement
Interesting place to work with very interesting people. Over the past almost five years, I was able to obtain unforgetable knowledge that will help me in the distant futue. I was able to enhance my knowledge in marketing and acting as a facilitator.
This could be a company where you could obtain knowledge and move on to greener pastures.
HORRIBLE WORK ENVIRONMENT!!! STAY AWAY
General Accounting (Former Employee), ChicagoDecember 30, 2012
Cons: the people in the general accounting area are very unpleasant to work with
I recently left this company because the work environment is very unpleasant. I worked in the general accounting area and the supervisors are very degrading of the staff and senior management does absolutely nothing to discourage this which is why I chose to leave the company altogether . It is hard to advance in this company because there are people there that take great measures to throw you under the bus because they have no skills or real talent to contribute and are jealous when others advance in their position. There is constant gossip and back stabbing amongst staff. The hardest part of the job was having to work in such a harsh environment with terrible people. Would not recommend as a place of employment.
Productive and great pay/benefits
Accounting Clerk/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), chicago, ILDecember 27, 2012
A typical day for me is to help my supervisor with any daily projects and help anyone in my area.