The Warranty Group Employee Reviews

Day at the job
Specialty Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2017
The job is easy and we work at a quick pace. I get to interact with different customers and help with their needs. The environment is calm and a good atmosphere ins general.
Management needs Training
Specialty Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 30, 2017
Very laid back atmosphere however felt like I was in high school. Between clique type behavior and Manager overlooking important things. Management lacks training in areas of leadership, diversity and respect. Manager tends to blur the lines of management role and being friends with fellow employees. Great opportunity to obtain a adjuster license.
Pros
Meet some great people
Cons
No room for advancement
Very productive company
Training & Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 10, 2017
review various department QA functions. Learned various departmental processed. Management can be bias. Diverse culture.
Mostly enjoyed working in various departments
Pros
Benefits, Diversity, Advancement, Education
Cons
Bias
Fast paced and fun customer oriented
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Golden, COOctober 3, 2017
I enjoyed working for The Warranty Group and being of service to our customers. The job was fast pace and at times challenging but rewarding at the same time. I was said when the company decided to shut down their office in Golden and move operations back to Chicago and who knows had that not happened I may have still been employed there.
Pros
Great coworkers, convenient location. occasinally parties and free lunches.
Cons
Occasional irrate customers
Decent company; low pay
Statistician and Product Implementation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2017
It's been a few years since I've worked there, but my coworkers were good and smart people. Management wasn't very open with employees, however, but I've heard they've since had a change of CEO's, so I'm not sure if things have changed.
Pros
Good work-life balance
Cons
low pay
Great Co-Workers, Horrible Managment
Mechanical Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2017
The overall job, is not bad. It is manageable. However,
the Management make it a terrible place to work. They congratulate the employees that barely work, while the hard workers keep getting more work thrown at them, with horrible reviews and pay raises. Because they did not meet their Managers expectations for the year.
The vacation, and sick time they offer is great, but to actually get a day off is very hard.
Overall, I personally would not recommend anyone to work for this company if they did not have to.
Pros
Vacation Time
Cons
Horrible Management
Good Place to Work
Executive Assistant Contract Positions (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2017
Good Place to Work. Nice people to work with, very helpful. The Warranty Group is one of the world’s premier global providers of warranty solutions and related benefits. More than 50 years ago we pioneered the concept of Finance and Insurance (F&I) in the automotive industry, and we haven’t looked back since. Today we conduct business in nearly 40 countries, supported by more than 1,600 employees.
Changing
Finance Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2017
The best part about the company are the people. The people make the place worth coming into daily. The environment has changed and moral is plummeting.
Poor Managment at Corporate
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJuly 31, 2017
Lost a lot of great candidates due to power struggle two hours north of my location. Management at the local level was amazing. Until they let one of them go.
Pros
Minimal work
Cons
No holidays poor offer for PLB
Enjoyed time
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 4, 2017
I enjoyed my time with The Warranty Group, although my time was cut short due to sickness. Grew a lot in terms of my decision making process, even though my position was entry level.
Pros
great location, having my own desk, peaceful work environment, coworkers
Cons
stability in terms of benefits, ability to move to permanent employment and move up
Lot's of time off, great if you want to be a robot!
Automotive Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 28, 2017
+ Good dress code of business casual
+ Lots of paid time off
+ Monday- Friday
+ Incentives for maintaining ASE certifications
+ Close to trains (Union Station)
- Everyone in claims was just a number
- Very robotic
- difficult to get days off around holidays
Pros
There's a lot of paid time off
Cons
With all the time off, you don't continue to seek employment Just In Case
Activities
Automotive Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 14, 2017
The Warranty Group didn't have many extra activities in the building. No cost of living rises. Management does not listen to the employees. No union.
Pros
Holiday lunches
Cons
No cost of living rise.
Great people, no room for career development
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 24, 2017
Great talented people. Zero room for professional growth and/or internal promotions. Benefits are better than other companies, however, health insurance has increased a lot.
Pros
Work/life Balance
Cons
No career growth
Casual workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 19, 2017
Easy to get the hang of and get along with the people. The managers were all very nice and supportive of their workers. The customers calling in are a pain but its just part of the job.
If you like to travel this is you
Finance & Insurance Specialist/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2017
For the entire 1st year you will be constantly traveling. I did not see my wife and kids for 3 months strait. I had to have them drive to me to see me for one day. If you are young and looking to travel then this is the job for you. Once you learn everything they teach you, you can get into the retail side and make real money.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Travel, no home office
Global Learning and Talent Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 8, 2017
Absolutely disorganized. They disguise themselves as a flat culture, however, it's very hierarchal and traditional. They are always having changes in the organization and there is high turnover.
Poor work Culture
LAN Administrator I (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2017
The Warranty Group is a company consumed by internal politicking and maneuvering to climb over others in order to advance yourself. Upper management has created such a poor work culture that it has infected seemingly every other level of management in the company.
Pros
Cons
everything
Used to be NIce
Actuarial Technician II/Business Intelligence (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 10, 2017
Since being sold to a private equity, the culture of the company has gone down. The management that is being brought in does not value the employees. And work life balance has been pushed completely to the side.
fun and challenging place to work
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Golden, COMarch 2, 2017
It was a great company to work for. It was always something new and looked forward to the daily challenges.Unfotunately the business moved to Chicago and I did not want to relocate as my family is here
Pros
great people and support
Cons
long distance from my home
Just a job
Claims Payable (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2017
You go in do your work and leave. Say nothing and you will be alright. Make no comments, stay to yourself and never complain. You will do fine. Treat you as a robot.
Pros
Convenient to Metra
Cons
Treated as a robot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Warranty Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9