The Washington Hospital Employee Reviews

Terrible Place to Work!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, PANovember 15, 2017
Poor Management - all the way to the top level. Patients are just "numbers" and the most important thing to the management team is who is making what mistakes and how much money comes through the door. Staff members are cut-throat and forget bathroom breaks!
Pros
Cons
Every Aspect
Hospital - Many types of patient care
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAMarch 20, 2017
As a nursing assistant, I assist nurses in washing, transporting, and sitting with patients. When not working with patients I had to clean and stock rooms.
As a network technician I was tier I level support and help stock and repair printers
Pros
Learned many different things, terrific benefits
Cons
With no advancement days were quite tedious
people are great, great pay
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAFebruary 12, 2017
not a terrible place to work. pay is great. people are not bad to work with. opportunity for advancement is pretty easy. only con is it's hard to get into due to them having a radiology program in the hospital
Pros
great pay
Cons
hard to get in
good place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAJanuary 24, 2017
cooked all menu items for 300 bed hospital dietary... time management...management was supportive...culture was good, only 16-32 hours a week until you got a full time bid... cooking with a great staff....
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
waiting for full time union position
Eh
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVNovember 4, 2016
It's easy work but when the company downsized employees were given more work for the same pay. My GM is wonderful and really takes an interest in his employees and honestly is why I've stayed around as long as I have. My only gripe really is with the corporate level. Any of the in-store management I've worked with has been amazing.
Somewhat tolerable
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAOctober 13, 2016
Office manager very unfair with employees. Showed favortism to certain employees. Very noticeable by the the majority of the staff. Reported numerous times and nothing was done to take care of the problem. Physicians can not change anything due to being ran by the hospital. The physicians were very understanding and enjoyable to work for. The majority of the staff was very enjoyable to work with. Very high turnover with this office.
Pros
fellow employees
Cons
schedule, manager, compensation
Very rewarding place to work
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAJune 27, 2016
Very dedicated group of therapists and other providers working together to assist children in developing motor/speech/physical skills.
Stay Away
RN (Former Employee) –  BHUMarch 30, 2016
STAY AWAY! Horrible management. Punitive is an understatement! If you need a supervisor on night shift good luck. It's usually a random staff member with a patient load with a cell phone they never answer. Nursing director at Greene isn't even a nurse. 8 to 1 nurse ratio despite acuity most days. No support if you voice concerns. Union is weak and staff is overwhelmed. If you want to risk your license work here! Unsafe.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Read above
Excellent hospital
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAFebruary 7, 2016
Excellent monetary compensation. Difficulty in obtaining desired shifts. Good opportunities to work in different areas of nursing. Great benefits.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Difficulty in obtaining desired shifts
Punitive Nursing Administration, No chance for full time or advancement.
RN staff nurse (Former Employee) –  I would rather not say.December 15, 2015
I worked part-time for 1 yr. The new hire nurse manager had NO experience in the specialty or in management. She scheduled me to work every weekend and holiday. The night shift nurse called off a lot and I was forced to work over because there was no prn pool. Since I was part time, I did not get overtime for it. I was written up after working there about 5 weeks for forgetting to document something. The nurse manager could have just told me about it the next day & I would have taken care of it! I have been a nurse +20 yrs and I found this culture to be extremely punitive. I have been a manager & I never treated staff like that. In the year that I was there, I didn't get a performance review just the snotty manager's occasional nit-picking. I finally quit because the manager would not change my schedule. If I had wanted to work every weekend, I would have taken a weekend job at the bigger hospitals for premium pay. I loved my patients and coworkers. I had never been written up in any other job and I was told that I was an excellent nurse by other nurses and doctors who had been my patients. Your loss Washington Hospital.
Pros
You get a regular paycheck. My co-workers were dedicated & hardworking.
Cons
Rigid, Arrogant, Punitive Culture, no chance for full time.
Stay away from The Washington Hospital. You will regret working here.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAAugust 15, 2015
The Washington Hospital is a terrible place to work for. All the managers/supervisors on basically every floor and department micromanage you to death. They watch literally your every move. They put you in disciplinary action for even the smallest mistake. Everybody I have ever talked to hates their job. People quit or walk out all the time. They can't keep people. Very hostile environment. You are forced into a horrible union that does nothing to help the employee. You are pretty much forced to pay to park just to work there. If you want to be misrible and hate your life then you should work at The Washington Hospital. If you want to be happy then I suggest working elsewhere. I've kept in contact with some people who left and they say it is so much better.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Management, pay to park, hostile, unsafe...list goes on and on
Run!!!
Lab (Former Employee) –  LabNovember 24, 2014
Miserable 50 something year old co-workers. Unhappy, entitled and disgruntled employees and worthless management. No flexibility or vision. "We've always done it this way" narrow-minded mentality. Do yourself a favor and steer clear from this place.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Scheduling coordinator is incompetent, Plan to work 7 days in a row and 3 weekends out of a month, Miserable culture.
I like my job however I am looking for something new.
ADMINISTRATIVE NURSING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAAugust 29, 2014
I am responsible for the overall functions of the hospital on any given dy. I do the staffing and patient placement for the 250 bed facility. I problem solve and provide customer service as well as guide and advise staff. I am the back up for IV placement when the IV team is unable to access. Which is what I enjoy the most. I am a resource for the staff and physicians.
Pros
I get to start IVs!
Cons
A lot of multitasking can be overwhelming.
Rn
Registered Nurse- Cardiac Surgical Unit (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAJuly 23, 2014
cardiac nurse, great atmosphere and co-workers. 12 hour shifts, great pay scale.
It was stressful, but enjoyable.
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAApril 28, 2014
I loved my job at The Washington Hospital for the first 7 years. It had gotten to the point where you received no help from co-workers, not even to take a restroom break. For 4 years I worked a shift of 12:00pm to 10:30pm because no one else would or was capable of doing it. Even after 9 years, I was still being scheduled for 8 or 9 weekends in a row. I did have some outstanding co-workers though. The hardest part of the job was when they cut back on the afternoon shift with workers, and I handled everything from Bed Control to Registration and Admissions alone. The most enjoyable part of the job was when patients would ask for me by name because of how well I treated everyone.
Pros
The job itself.
Cons
No restroom breaks, and rarely able to take a lunch, most times I had to eat at my desk while in charge of Bed Control.
Very poor employee morale
Therapy (Former Employee) –  Washington PANovember 30, 2013
I worked at The Washington Health System for 15 years before moving on to a much healthier work environment. Management is notorious for favoritism. Every department I knew complained about it. In my department, it was very difficult to get a day off when you needed it, as there were many employees and department policy was that only one employee was allowed off at a time. Vacation requests were due in November, and that was it for the year. If you got invited to anything, say, in August, chances were you would not be able to get the day off as someone else would be already scheduled off. You were forced to call in sick, even though you did not want to. I will give you an example of the rigidity you had to contend with at the Washington Hospital. A co-worker was pregnant, and her doctor called her and asked that she come into his office at 3 o'clock on Friday afternoon to discuss some test results. Her schedule was 8-4:30. When she asked our manager permission to leave 1 and a half hours early, and TOLD HER THE REASON WHY SHE NEEDED TO LEAVE EARLY, our manager told her she needed to attend to her appointments out of scheduled work hours. When my co-worker told the doctor she could not get off, the furious doc faxed a note to our manager demanding her to give her the time off. I could give you many other examples of the extremely rigid work environment there, but not enough time. The poor aides have 22 patients each.They are not allowed to leave a patient on the toilet alone, even if the patient is alert and oriented. Then they get into trouble if they take too long to answer  more... call lights. So unrealistic of management. I could go on and on, but you get the picture. Even though the pay is above average, it is still not worth it to work there. STAY AWAY!  less
Pros
Above average pay
Cons
No Flexibility whatsoever
dont work in the lab- the turnover is bad
office associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAOctober 29, 2013
greated patients at the front window, faxed, data entry. the turnover is horiable working in the lab. the co workers were nice to work with
Good company to work for
Behavioral Health Clinician (Former Employee) –  Washington, PASeptember 8, 2013
Liked working with patients in a hospital setting. Administration was supportive
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
hours were not flexible
Changing times in healthcare
Manager Patient Access Dept (Former Employee) –  Washington PA June 28, 2013
Day to day changing times in healthcare. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help patients with their needs and to teach staff how to help our patients with medical insurance and demographics.
Day to day concerns about what patients coverage intails.
Pros
Good pay, teaching staff, assistanting patients
Great environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAMarch 21, 2013
Great co-workers. Great compensation and benefits. Sense of community throughout hospital.
Pros
benefits, compensation, co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Washington Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9