The Washington Post Employee Reviews

Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAJune 17, 2017
Learned to increase productivity for success. Learned to work well with small groups to achieve a common goal. Learned how to multitask when completing projects independently.
Enjoyable work place
Utility Mailer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAJune 16, 2017
Enjoyable, fun place to work with a chance to grow within. Its a flexible work shift which allows you to balance your life as well. Surrounded by great management.
Pros
Schedule flexability
Meh
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 12, 2017
Great place to work if you are a writer or an IT person working in digital media. Not so much for others. If you are in IT and interested in working on web development I suppose it's a decent job.
Pros
Good hours, no travel
Cons
NO advancement, dying product
Good experience with people
ADVERTISING OPERATIONS ARTIST (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 5, 2017
Met a lot of work with account executives, and created Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and Multi-Creator for the newspaper. Meet a deadline. Communicated with the manager.
Pros
Good benefit
Cons
Manager
Independent Contractor
Newspaper Distributor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 21, 2017
Worked everyday, regardless of the weather.
Learned how difficult it was to be in charge of 30 subcontractors.
I worked for myself.
No time off.
Working for myself, coming up with a plan to get the job accomplished.
Pros
The Salary
Cons
Very little time off
Challenging, difficult to get help
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 19, 2017
The position was interesting but proved to be above my previous experience. The people were good to work with but I was challenged to get enough information to do the best job.
I thoroughly enjoyed my short time there and the product I represented.
Print Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2017
A typical day at work was to begin early in a formal office setting, scheduling meetings and organizing the work load. I learned the newspaper busines, having had no prior expereince. Management was sometimes intense, but supportive. The workplace could also be intense. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting with prospects to educate theem on the brand's strengths.
Pros
The brand.
Cons
The job elimiation.
Fast Paced News Media Organization
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 8, 2017
Great team to work with on the business side of the organization. A typical day at The Post is fast paced rewarding leading edge organization. It is a flexible environments with lots of Post perks.
Pros
The new building is state of the art and exciting place to work.
Cons
Management does not connect well with the employees.
Fun but stressful at times
Team leader assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAMay 3, 2017
Fun but stressful.. Depending on the schedule you either had a easy night or stressful night. Also the rotating days off also get to be stressful. After 20 years of service I think the morale is going down.
Very busy workplace
Utilities mailer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAMay 3, 2017
Fast productive workplace there 8 hours of standing in every department of the plant you work you will stay on busy while you are getting your workout
A great place to work
Adverting Operations Senior Staff Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 28, 2017
this was the best place I ever worked. the thing that I have learned there will carry me well into the future. I almost wish I was still there. I was a great place to work
Pros
great workin environment
Cons
no one reads newspapers any more
Best Media In Town
Customer Service and Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 20, 2017
Worked for this media in the Washington, DC market. Contributing ads and ad copy to its Yellow Page division. Interesting work, good staff and management.
distribution technician
Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 27, 2017
The job of being a distribution technician was a great job because it taught me at a young age the value of a dollar. It also taught me time management skills that I could not have learned by just going to schools. I also communicated with clients about their requests of the location of our product on their property which helped me to learn communication skills.
Amazing company to work with.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 23, 2017
Working for this company was a great opportunity. I learned how to sell the Media which was my first experience on this industry was amazing.

Great working environment!

Management was very helpful and well oriente to direct any Sales employee to success.

Hardest part of the job was that there were no commissions, only salary.

Being Bilingual was a plus in the sense that you were able to work with English/Spanish people that help me be very dedicated to them.

Thank you! Warnida Cruz
Pros
Great environment and continiusly learning opportunities.
Cons
N/a
The Washington Post Company
Corporate Accounting (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 22, 2017
The Washington Post Company no longer exists. It was a great place to work with great people, workplace culture and exceptional leadership. There was always something new and exciting happening when I worked there.
productive, high speed workplace
Senior Advertising Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 10, 2017
I loved the workplace there. It was a family when we were all together. You can bring your kid on any given day. Flexible with days off and even worked from home on bad weather.
Pros
free lunches
It was fun working for a Newspaper Agency
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 26, 2017
Basically I would update All Subscribers to the Washington Post as far as their address' and phone numbers were concerned. Pretty boing and repetitive job, but I was allowed to listen to put on headphones and listen to whatever music I wanted too. The environment was pretty laid back a lot of staffers talking about typical news topics and sports.
Pros
Laid back, Steady work flow
Cons
N/a
It was a fast pace environment
Advertising Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 23, 2017
It was never a dull moment working at the Post. I worked in International, Finance, and other major accounts. I was able to make recommendations and they were accepted. The Post was the best place I have ever worked.
Fun place, but make more money driving for Uber and Lyft
Courier/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 30, 2017
Couriers grossly under paid. 10 cents for daily washingtion post is outrageous. 35 cents for the Sunday paper. And they keep your tips. Again work for Uber or Lyft you make more money hands down. If you set it up right you make enough to quit your regular job. Don't work here not worth it. My paper count was constantly off, I did not have enough newspapers to complete my route. Which cause me burn more fuel and waste more time. They charge you 5.00 for complaints. Which is more than you make per paper. I'm so sorry I every work for this company as a independent contractor.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Paid only .10 per newspaper had to deliver 1000 newspaper to make hundred dollars a day, which would kill you transmission.
Friendly and helpful environment
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 7, 2017
It honored to work with this company. Friendly and helpful environment.
Team lead, Ba, developer and UAT team are realy helpfull and professional.
I learned alot from here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Washington Post. Our community is ready to answer.