This is a unique opportunity for recent grads with minimal experience in sales.
Objective of position: To execute sales strategies, initiating contact with potential customers through "door to door cold calling", identifying their needs and selling appropriate merchandise to meet those needs.
Reports to: Sales Manager
Duties and responsibilities:
- Obtain orders, and establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Adjust content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
- Focus sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
- Submit orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
- Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommend changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provide historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
A Bachelor's Degree in Business/Marketing or 1-3 years trade experience.
Indeed - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -