The Weitz Company Employee Reviews

Excellent work place enviroment
Labor Foreman (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 20, 2017
I would recommend this job to anyone just starting in the work force. They have an great team environment and everyone is encourage to learn new skills and promote within.
my experience
Senior Project Manager Health Care Division (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 19, 2017
Great culture, heavily involved with client relations. Subcontractor face to face along with Architecture and Engineering firms. Details matter, plan up front to have a successful project. Hardest part of the job currently is finding qualified resources to man the projects. The most enjoyable part of my day is meeting new clients and gratification of a successful project progressing smoothly.
Pros
meeting new people
Good work place
Project Accountant/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 24, 2017
This is a good company to work for & they do treat there employees good. They do make it fun to work & keep employees motivated. The culture is laid back and the team members are good to work with & we all help each other.
Pros
Family orianted
Cons
more work & no pay increase
Over all this is a great oppertunity for anyone ready to become a professional.
Project Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, KYJuly 11, 2017
Some of the great attributes is a company that strives not only on the money making but thoroughly cares about the staff.
But, there is always someone who thinks they have to be arrogant with sub-contractors and lose job moral.
Especially when it's their 1st. year as a Manager.
Pros
WEITZ is a 153 year old construction company. They have taught me a great deal.
Cons
some but not all have poor people skills.
Great experience
Site Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 30, 2017
Weitz is a forward thinking company who embraces new ideas. I have never before worked with a company so open to the ideas of others. Great company to work for!
Pros
Forward thinking, embraces technology, Friendly
Cons
Backlog
Failing company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLJune 6, 2017
Look elsewhere. Good foundation, poor execution of policies. Not very diverse workforce in office. Company financials do not seem to be tending properly upwards, so job stability will suffer.
productive
Welder Helper (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 16, 2017
good company but we had a horrible project manager . everyday was a constant struggle due to the fact that the company filed to provide tools and equipment that were much needed.
Pros
good pay
Cons
very unorganized
Good company
Engineering & Quality Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wever, IAApril 18, 2017
I have never been to the home office as i was hired to do a job in another city and worked from the, as far as that was concerned it went well. Management was satisfactory and i was not required to do the same tasks every day. I enjoyed the work.
Pros
close to home
Working hard VS Benefits
Senior Planner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2017
Working hard and expect to leave all your personal life behind you once hired.

They will not allow you to take a PTO even if you have, and they force employee to work week ends and official holidays as well
Cons
Short unpaid lunch, No vacationa even if you have PTO
Fun and Family Oriented
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 20, 2017
Working at The Weitz Company was a very fun and family orientated atmosphere. Every project team has their quirks but the day to day was always a new experience and I was able to learn a lot from it.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Limited Formal Training

Want to know more about The Weitz Company?

Ask a question
Don't do it!
project superintendent (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 20, 2016
Simply put, the single worst company I have every worked for. I quit, after finding out how incompetent and lazy the General Super was. The Senior PM is not much better. Not one single updated schedule went out! NOT ONE! No temporary roof installed, just temporary water proofing. And that's in Seattle! LOL...They are currently tearing out drywall with mold...The PMs have not even completed the buyout yet. They want you to work every Saturday and the PMs do not. No sharing. If you are on the field side, you will opening gates at 6am and closing at 6pm, six days a week. They are way behind, and trying to get any warm body to help, why the responsible parties try to lay blame on anyone but themselves to save there butts. The contracts in Seattle are only 2.75% and the owners get all the savings by Weitz. All the other players in the Seattle market, a very fast growing market, are getting 6% and 7% and making bank on Change orders. Don't do it!
Pros
Cons
Work 72 hours week. No schedules. Back charging the Subs!
July 5, 2016

We appreciate your feedback, and apologize that you did not find our company to be a career fit for you. We continuously evaluate our employee experience to ensure we provide a challenging and rewarding work environment. We have a great deal of long tenured employees and rehires that have come back to our company. In addition, we are experiencing record growth and do a great deal of referral and repeat work, which affords our employees career growth opportunities. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

July 12, 2016

July 13, 2016

July 13, 2016

Great Company
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 5, 2015
One of the first companies Ive worked for that is transparent. They are open about where the company is and where they want to head.
Everyone is great to work with. Its challenging and fun at the same time.
Good place to work.
IT Service Desk (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 5, 2014
It is a good place if you like a variety of things that you do. You answer phone calls, work emails, fix computer, image computers, back up computers, move equipment for users, and work with people face to face.
Flexible Schedule and Friendly Staff
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 22, 2014
The staff is very accommodating to my other job's schedule and they are very easy to work with.
Great group of guys in workplace
Concrete Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Wever, IAApril 28, 2014
Each day begins with a safety meeting. This company is very safety minded. I'm learning not to take safety for granted. The management is doing the best they can given the circumstances.
Most of my co-workers are easy to get along with. The pay is the hardest part of the job. (It could be more). The most enjoyable part of my job is learning new things about concrete construction.
Excellent benefits
Office Administrator/H.R. Manager/Risk (Former Employee) –  Dededo, GUApril 2, 2014
Excellent pay, benefits & employer sponsored programs for this region (as compared to local companies). And although there are numerous meetings, training, & communication about the company's mission & goals - respect, honesty, & integrity, it doesn't always follow its mission & goals. There is no job security as lay-offs occur frequently. No first right of refusal.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of respect, honesty & integrity
Start up venture that allowed for growth
Senior Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KansasNovember 26, 2012
I enjoyed getting to be part of a start up venture that sought to bring value on many levels to new and existing customers.
Pros
people
Cons
location and involvement of upper management.
Great parties
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 14, 2012
Excellant Company until the Housing market collaspe. Then all the accountants were laid off except for two, the controller and an assistant.
Pros
excellant pay and benefits for non-degree
Cons
politics
Decent company to work for
Journeyman Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 4, 2012
Enjoyed working for them but it truly depended on which work site you are assigned to.
Pros
close to home, decent pay, good personell and most supervisors
Cons
some sites you wait most of the day to do a 10 minute job due to permits or site restrictions
Negative
Warehouse Asst. (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLAugust 25, 2012
Large general contractor that used to employ hundreds of hard working hourly employees for numerous projects. Now leaning towards a management company with preference for sub-cons.Worried more about bottom line than hourly workers that helped to get them where they are.Only loyalty is to higharchy.Preach family & safety but bottom line is boss.
Pros
pay & benefits were ok
Cons
no job security, no loyalty !

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Weitz Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8