The Wellness Corporation

The Wellness Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Wonderful work environment!
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAMay 31, 2012
The Wellness Corporation is an amazing place to work!
The team is supportive and really cares for the clients and each other.
Also, the company fully supports wellness with benefits such as massages, the ability for employees to volunteer at a non-profit during your work week, frequently buying lunch for the employees, and gift cards for participating in a physical activity program.
The CEO, in conjunction with others, helped to open a Midwife Center in Guatemala and profits from the company continue to support the clinic.
There is opportunity for growth and promotion, as well as regular opportunities to increase your skills.
Management listens, gives positive feedback and supports creativity!
Poorly run company
lower level (Current Employee) –  ShrewsburyNovember 3, 2012
I am a current employee and have worked here for 3 years
Just so everyone knows, when management found out Indeed.
Com had negative reviews, they had their HR department make up positive reviews so people wouldn't only see the negative. They all sound great but they aren't genuine reviews. The company favors the higher up employees and the lower level employees are not trampled on and not cared for. They are quick to fire good employees unreasonably.

There are a few good perks like a free massage but it doesn't make up for the everyday issues. There is no room for advancement so do not think you'll ever be able to "move up the ladder". It honestly feels like working for a company in which everyone is part of the popular clique and if you haven't been there for multiple years your screwed.

Overall-it's just not worth it! I'm looking for a new job and can't wait to leave!!!
Pros
massage
Cons
environment, pay is poor, cattiness, no room for advancement, no job security, blue cross is very expensive
Changes had led to a productive, pleasant work environoment
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAMay 26, 2012
Significant changes have been made at The Wellness Corporation over the last 2 years. Despite previous reviewers impressions, many of their complaints were heard and have now been addressed. Staffing is increasing, opportunities for varied work and advancement are made available whenever possible. Individual strengths are maximized, now, workloads are constantly evaluated and new staff are hired when it becomes clear that additional staffing is necessary. Suggestions and ideas are openly welcomed and frequently implemented. Recognition and praise are heard frequently, supervision is supportive and helpful. I have been at this company for many years and, indeed, there were some very difficult times, but those appear to have passed. As companies grow and change, methods and procedures also must change. Wellness recognized that changes needed to be made in order to continue the high standard expected of us. That most of our contracts "hung in there" with us during this difficult time of transition and that the number of our contracts continue to grow in leaps and bounds , is testament to the success of the changes that have been made.
Please come join us - it's now a terrific place to work!
Pros
weekly free lunch, twice monthly chair massages, 4 full hour massages + more
Cons
some long hours
Employee Beware
intake specialist (Former Employee) –  shrewsbury maMay 21, 2012
I would like to start by saying that the owner of the company is a wonderful man. However, he has little insight to the inner aspects of the call center and doesn't seem to want to when it is brought to his attention.

Management in the call center is unorganized and inexperienced. The intake specialist position is a revolving door with a high burn out rate because they are frequently taken advantage of with extra work outside of the job description. They are constantly short staffed for that position which adds to the pressure. There is very little training given. Nothing is in writing (policies and procedures) and the few that have been written down are ignored.

They fire people for "personality conflicts" and do not like people to have an opinion (despite encouraging you to do so). Management "protects" (their words) certain employees who they have invested time in while ignoring and reprimanding those who work hard and care about the clients. If you are "friends" with the boss in intake you are fine but don't try to teach her anything or disagree or you will be next to be singled out.

There are some pros such as free lunches and massages but sometimes perks like that are not going to keep employees. This is especially the case when management makes uneducated decisions without consulting those with experience first.
Pros
massages, free lunch
Cons
health insurance super costly, especially for family benefits
Discriminatory- unethical Management
former employer (Former Employee) –  shrewsbury, maJuly 30, 2014
This company is horrid. I was warned as I was coming in another was leaving and I should have taken that as a sign. I would not be surprised if the good reviews are fake.

I wonder if the Network Manager is still shamelessly flirting with the owners son? And yeah she's married. Just gross, toxic, environment.

Do not come to this company with ideas about how to improve processes or make them more efficient. That type of intelligence is thwarted and rooted out quickly.

old employees which are in the single digits here because the company is puny and even shares 1 bathroom (gross) are protected to the point of others being callously pushed out. Laziness and procrastination are rewarded.

Lol at this one employee who would just let clinican request pile up at her desk like mountains. What a nut job she was! This company is no good!
Pros
not 1
Cons
terrible management, harrassment, discrimination
Poorly Run Work Enviroment
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  ShrewsburyMay 10, 2012
Not a good place to work. Management does not listen to lower level employees. Management is not fair and shows no regard for employees who show their dedication to the company. You only matter to the company if you are a senior employee-and all the senior employees have been there for awhile.

This company does not give any recognition to the hard working employees in the lower levels: intake specialist, lower level counselors.

This company makes poor decisions as to who they hire/fire and seem to only care about the company making money then employee morale.

Overall, don't bother applying you won't be happy! I left on my own and have been happy since!
An excellent company to work for!
Manager (Current Employee) –  ShrewsburyMay 25, 2012
I have worked for The Wellness Company for almost 2 years and have found it to be one of the best companies I have ever worked for. I have worked for large corporations, small companies and start up ventures and they are by far the most caring, competent and generous organizations I have ever been involved with.

While it not be the best fit for everyone, those of us who have been there a while feel respected and our opinions listened to. It is a challenging, fast pace environment that encourages an entrepreneurial spirit.

But far be it from me to tout the company, it is what our clients are saying that really counts. We are constantly surveying our clients and this is what they have to say:

"I love the EAP and consider it one of the priceless benefits offered by XYZ College. The people on the phone are always nice and helpful and the providers I have contacted via EAP are the same way. Excellent - keep up the good work!!!"

A company does not only survive, but thrive, for over 24 years in this market without the most dedicated professional employees.
Some embrace change while others run away...
Project Coordinator/Data Analyst/Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MA, USAMay 29, 2012
The Wellness Corporation is a fairly decent place to work. I've been here more than a year and have been promoted once already. My job is constantly changing and I embrace change willingly.

That being said, there's work to be done. A lot of internal work, more than just external contributions, but there's work to be done. We take great pride in our work and strive to give the best customer service to the client. This leads to a determination to be the best EAP to our accounts but leaves us lacking some in inter-departmental communication. Policy changes are made without filtering them out company-wide and some things are lost along the way.

The benefits are also fairly costly being that Blue Cross Blue Shield is the only insurance available due to the company's size. The time off is great, roll-over is awesome to build up vacation time, and there's a great number of personal & sick hours as well as 8 paid holidays. There are also in-office benefits like free bi-monthly professional massages (15min ea.), 4 free (1hr) professional massages at a place of your choosing, and free lunches on Fridays.

The company has undergone a major shift in its business model and it's left a bitter taste for some former employees. Going forward, I see TWC gaining inter-departmental strength as the TEAM improves and more direct management involvement with both individual and company-wide projects.
Pros
free lunch fridays, massages, time off, flexibility
Cons
health insurance costs, inter-departmental communication
good cop/bad cop
PCA (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYNovember 7, 2013
This job is intended as an entry level/rotating doors opportunity. Considering the balance of pay and work load, you'll end up coming back to this review and leaving a review yourself after they let you/giving into quitting. PCA work is not a career but you'll take all the heat for very little pay. I suggest going elsewhere after you gain your experience because that's what keeps permanent staff employed.
Pros
free training
Cons
per diem, lack of communication
Values-Driven Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAMay 29, 2012
The Wellness Corporation is a company true to its mission; it provides meaningful work, a supportive and collaborative team, and consistently demonstrates high standards of clinical excellence. It is a company that elicits employees’ suggestions; I feel that my voice is heard by the decision-makers. In addition to the previous attributes, The Wellness Corporation provides its clients with cutting edge technology for faster and convenient access to services. I feel positive about both the work and the contribution I can make each day at this company.
Pros
values driven; the team promotes excellent clinical work
A one of a kind EAP
Clinical/Network Departments (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAMay 29, 2012
The Wellness Corporation is one of the best EAP companies around. The clinical team is top notch! Attention is not only focused on the customers they serve, but also on the employees. A few months after I started with the company, I developed a medical condition that prevented me from fulfilling the responsibilities of my role. Not only did they allow me to take time off, but I returned to a position that better fit my medical limitations. Not many companies are that loyal to their employees!!
The way the company is run does not live up to the mission statement
Network Administrator / Provider Relations (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 9, 2012
I have been here for a year and am looking for new employment as they are unable to pay me enough or promote me quickly enough for me to be able to stay.
Best staff I've worked with.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAMay 28, 2012
I really enjoy working for the company and my co-workers are very hard working and a pleasure to work with.

The Wellness Corporation Reviews by Location