The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Found 14,071 reviews matching the search
Fun and Hard Working Environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIJuly 26, 2017
Working with my crew was a lot of fun, there was never a dull moment with them. Everyday I learned something new from my managers,even if it was learning how to make new sandwiches. My Managers taught me everything that there is to know when working at a fast food, even when I couldn't figure something out they were always there to help me. My typical day at work I would always be helping out customer with a huge smile on my face, I would always be happy with the position I was put in. The hardest thing about working at Wendy's was learning how to be social with everyone, at first I was a quiet shy girl but now they have taught me to greet anyone and be confident. The most enjoyable part about working there was being able to see how far working as a team can get you. When working with Wendy's I slowly noticed how one person can change someone's mood so quickly, just a simple "Hello how is your day?" can brighten anyone up.
Pros
Half off discount
Benefits very poor
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 26, 2017
No raises unless you ask for it, and many times not even that.
No vacation time.
Expensive and unusable healthcare
No vision insurance
No Dental insurance
Limited hours
Pros
good food for fastfood
Cons
Wage limitations and advancement limitations
Fast pased
Cashier, Drive Thru, Fries (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIJuly 26, 2017
As all fast food environment, Wendy's is a very past passed place to work.There are so many different potions that need to be performed at Wendy's. Can be stressful and overwhelming when you are dealing with upset customers.
Rude and disgusting employees
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Deltona, FLJuly 26, 2017
Managers would treat me like actual dirt, managers and supervisors would curse at me and make me feel like an outcast because of my skin tone. The job was easy and could be done by anyone but the management is so awful I would be perfectly fine never being a customer or ever seeing a wendys again. Never worried about what the customers requests were. When I brought up the situation to the store manager she blew it off and never did anything about it.
Cons
Its a fast pace enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJuly 26, 2017
Working for Wendys was fun and very competitive. It was a great place to meet new faces and satisfy customers. It sometimes overwhelming. Its also sometimed very stressful. Although a great place to build up customer service skills
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
good first time job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 26, 2017
wendys was a place were teens start off and become who you want to be. seeing new faces everyday was a good advantage and never bored me. the hardest part of this job was the managers because they were not supportive nor did they help out .the workplace itself was a good environment that I learned how to get over fear of anxiety by seeing new faces and meeting them. something I leaned here was how to work in a team and get the job done together.
Pros
frostys were a discount
Cons
30 min breaks
Alright place to work.
Crew Member then Manager (Former Employee) –  Russell, KYJuly 26, 2017
Alright place to work. Not enough responsible or good workers. Too many people not doing their job and worried about other people. Always enjoyed making my own food though
Great place to work.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fremont, NEJuly 26, 2017
Worked at both Wendy's in my town and loved both of them management was great! There was always opportunity for growth. Very laid back company. Management and corporate where both very appreciative of there employees. Benifits weren't that great but it was something even if you weren't full time you could opt in. Pay was decent. Would definitely recommend working here!
Pros
Free food, great company and co workers.
Cons
Not so great benifits.
productive and active workplace with some great managers
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  West Branch, MIJuly 26, 2017
i opened witch consists of prepping the store for opening and stocking of the ingredients to run through out the day as well as running grill sandwich making cashiering making the customers visit a pleasant one so they want to come back .
Pros
50% off meals flexible scheduling
Not Too Shabby
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, MIJuly 26, 2017
While in high school i worked for this establishment and was very pleased with my job. Flexible schedule, great people, great food, and a sense of family.
Pros
Discounted meals (50% off while working), Free bacon( cant beat that one)
Cons
GM not that great
Wendy's
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHJuly 26, 2017
Working at Wendy's if very hectic. We have set positions, but no-one ever knows what to do. So, the more experienced workers are forced to do their job and the other positions.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Not good pay, very stressful
fun workplace, very busy
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Versailles, KYJuly 26, 2017
I like this job a lot and the people I met. Physically demanding at times. The night time management was great but there was a complete war between day and night time workers, it made for a difficult place to work. Typically bouncing for job to job inside the restaurant from cashier, dishwasher, sandwich maker, delivery to customer.
they need to do better as far being fair to there employees and giving them more hours
Wendy's Crew Member (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARJuly 26, 2017
they are not fair ... they cut your hours tremendously to where u cant take of anything when u do get your check its basically like your working for nothing
Bad experience
Wendy's Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 26, 2017
experience working at Wendy's was very different. Management was not so understanding and overall it wasn't a very good experience for me. The working environment was a mess, many others did not know ow to communicate during a rush.
Busy and not very organized
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJuly 26, 2017
The high street Wendy's should not be one to represent the chain. The managers are irresponsible and do not set a professional example for the rest of the crew. Service for customers is haphazard, and the crew follow the lead of the managers, being lazy.
Pros
reduced food when working on shift
Cons
Non-attentive management
Great atmosphere, great people
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJuly 25, 2017
This was my first job ever so I had to learn the basic skills of working. The people worked with me and helped me while I was learning my way. I caught on very quickly to my everyday tasks and it became very enjoyable. I loved going to work, and the pay wasn't too bad either. There were those day where you'd get one or two customers who weren't the easiest to deal with, but overall, the days were smooth.
Pros
workers discounts, staff, management
Cons
fry machine, slow rotation
Busy environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 25, 2017
The job was typically hectic day to day. I learned discipline and patience with customers. Management did their best. Work[place culture was diverse. The hardest part of the job was maintaining all the tasks without being just a tad bit over exerted. The most enjoyable part of the job would be interacting with coworkers.
Pros
Discounts on food.
Cons
Low pay in correspondence to work load.
cook
Crew member/Cook (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 25, 2017
i cooked at wendys while i was visiting family, the job was okay but management and the staff wernt all that great. i worked full time while going to college as well. we got free lunches when we would go on break.
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Crofton, MDJuly 25, 2017
Good job for teenagers starting off in the work field. They have flexible work hours for people in school. They also offer full time employment. Customs are nice and pleasant.
Productive an fun workplace
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 25, 2017
I loved working here, a typical day at work consisted of making sure my customers were satisfied, assuring orders were correct, and got out in a timely manner.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Hourly wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wendy's Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9