The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews in United States

Found 9,295 reviews matching the search
Productive workplace that puts the costumers first.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA 23518March 10, 2016
A typical day at Wendy's was very routine, and fast pace. From working at Wendy's I learned to always listen carefully to the request of the customer and that teamwork is ultimately the key to success. The management at Wendy's I must admit did not always see eye to eye with the employees, but overall they were fair to each employee. My co-workers at Wendy's were not always on the same page as I was when it came to doing their job effectively, some people liked to horse-play or lollygag. The hardest part of the job at Wendy's was not getting stressed even if there was a really bad rush. And the most enjoyable part of working at Wendy's was feeling like you were a really important part of something.
Pros
50% off discounts on food orders
Cons
Short breaks and limited benefits
Productive and fast paced environment serving fast food
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Cadiz, KYMarch 14, 2016
A typical day at work would be a day of success, communication, multi tasking and helping my other crew members occasionally some training, I have learned how to be a better person by my time at this job and learning the importance of being great at giving customers the best experience they can receive. The management for the most part is pretty good and easy to get along with except for a few that are less than productive. my co workers are a great group of people to work with. The hardest part of my job is the multi tasking but it just makes me strive harder for success.
Pros
employee discounts 401k
Cons
short breaks. some laziness
Very fast paced environment
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 27, 2016
Wendy's is a very fast paced environment, you must be able to do multiple tasks and fill in wherever is needed.

You are trained in all aspects of the job so that you are able to move over and help an area that is busy when your area is slow

Management differ by store, some stores have managers that can be very stressful

Expected to show up to work on time, have clean uniform and be presentable and work hard

Pay is only minimum wage. Not very easy to move up thru the company

Wendy's is very acomodating to your schedule. They will work you as many hours as you are able as long as you work hard while you are there.
Pros
discounted meal while you are on the clock
Cons
no health care benefits unless you work at least 38 hour a week. Only managers get that many hours
One bad manager can make the good workers quit.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Port Clinton, OHFebruary 16, 2016
Wendy's used to be a fun place to work. I had gotten two raises within the first 6 months I had worked there. But after my last raise, work began to have more bad days than good and I found it increasingly harder to motivate myself to go to work. As I started talking to my coworkers about it, I started to also noticed how I and a select few others were being treated differently than others by the same manager. Being yelled at and wrote up for the same things that other coworkers were allowed to do. I talked to my general manager about it and told him that I would give it a week for things to change and my two weeks were going in. Nothing changed and my two weeks went in.
Pros
One half-off meal during you shift
It's Fast Food
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dexter, MOJanuary 6, 2016
As with most fast food places, expect low pay and long hours if you are in management. As a salary manager, I consistently put in 60-80 hours a week, often without having a day off in the span of a month. Overall, you know what you are getting when you get in to it and the advancement opportunities are there for those who wish to move up. However, this does depend on the General Manager of your store. I worked for one great GM that helped me move into management and eventually be his replacement when he left. I also worked for one that made me dread going to work every day and had a clique of people she liked and allowed to get away with anything they wanted. There were employees physically fighting, drinking and smoking in the store.
Pros
Good step to get into a real management career
Cons
Excessive hours, practically no benefits, and low pay
Productive and Good Environment
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCJanuary 27, 2016
I really enjoy working with my employees because we had a lot of fun while getting the job done. Everybody disagreed at times but at the end of the day it was all about teamwork. I love the customers because you can have a bad day but just seeing the smiles from them brightens your day. I think the hardest part of the job for me was drive-thru. You have a lot going on because you hearing orders and getting the money at the same time. My most enjoyable part was interacting with different types of people. You can't judge people if you don't know them so getting to know my co-workers and the customers was awesome.
Pros
raises and benefits(if any)
Cons
shorts breaks, not able to sit down during down time, payrate, not allowed to eat free
Productive and great people to work with.
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Tucson,ArizonaMarch 3, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the day is getting to meet our friendly guests that come through the door everyday. A day at work in wendy's is very busy . Lunch is our busiest time of the day. We have to be fast but efficient . The most important part is to be friendly no matter what happens to bring back smiling faces. I learned how to do drive thru at this job and I like it very much. Staff are all great to work with and management does the best they can to keep employers and guests happy.
Pros
Staff get half off employee meals.
Cons
No benifits unless you are in managment.
Fun day at the home of the Dave's hot and juicy cheeseburger.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 4, 2016
A typical day at work consists of hundreds of customers, some with great attitudes some with horrible attitudes. From all my years working for my current employer I've learned that no matter how frustrating a customer or situation may be you always keep a positive attitude because the customer is always right. As far as managers, some do a great job to fulfill their job title. There is really not a hard part about the job but the part I do enjoy the most is interacting with my customers and putting a smile on their face.
Pros
Meeting new people, employee discounts, and learning new things.
Cons
No benefits, no health insurance, no dental insurance, and short hours.
Fast paced and physically demanding
Training Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 4, 2016
Wendy's was big on quality of food served and food safety and I believe they lead the industry in these areas.

Depending on what shift a person worked open, mid or close a person would have different responsibilities for each day part.

Wendy's primary goal was to franchise and was organized in such a way that anybody with some training could run a restaurant.

I enjoyed the people the most, I employed a great many hard workers.
Pros
Good benefits, good job security
Cons
Long hours, physically demanding pace
Productive yet stressful
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 17, 2016
Working at Wendy's the last time around, management was changed and everything went down hill afterwards. The new manager wouldn't let me take days off for finals when I needed it, especially when I had school. They were very inflexible and when legal issues came up, upper management did nothing about it.
Pros
Good entry level job; some benefits for full time workers
Cons
Low pay; pay raises based on reviews; poor management
Fast-paced and Underpaid
Sandwich Artist/Cashier/Opener (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INFebruary 16, 2016
I enjoyed the first year until new management changed everything. The work is a lot for little pay. The work culture was terrible. However, I learned a lot working here as a teenager. I learned how to develop leadership skills and how to work under stressful conditions. If you are a hard worker it is easy to be recognized and become a manager. The only downside is that if you are a hard worker they take advantage of you.
Pros
half priced food
Cons
low pay, stressful environment, fast-paced, no benefits
Very secure place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 4, 2016
I was general manager. My day included opening the store inventory, scheduling, and just day to day operations. This was a franchise owned store. The owners were very involved. The hardest part of this job is being on your feet 10 hrs a day. Pay was salary so it was easy to budget my bills.
Pros
Free lunch, my own boss, flexible schedule
Cons
On my feet long hours, dealing with rude costomers
Productive work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 27, 2016
Being employed for Wendy's franchise and corporation has been a great learning experience. It is a great first job because it teaches customer service, and requires hard working skills. It also teaches you how to have a positive attitude in uncomfortable situations with customers and co-workers. The most challenging part about the job is the short break periods, and the salary. The most enjoyable part of the job is associating with customers, and being approved by there satisfaction.
Fast paced food service
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, GA 30620February 12, 2016
I enjoyed working at Wendy's depending upon the Manager. There is not a lot of compensation for the amount of work put in by the employees. The work is fast paced and busy all day. You work long hard hours and not enough pay and no benefits are offered until your a manager. I was harassed by a manager and I complained to my general manager and nothing was ever done about the situation. I finally resigned due to the unprofessional nature of this particular manager. The general manager said that she would speak to this particular manager... but no formal write up for this particular managers behavior was ever issued. Instead they would keep the one bad apple that spoils the bunch and have a high turnover rate of employees that quit due to this one mangers unprofessional behavior. I let it be known when I quit that that was the very reason.. no one ever contacted me. I was an amazing and dependable employee.. I was good at my job and enjoyed it unless this particular manger was on duty.
Cons
short breaks, healthcare, not enough hours, not a set work schedule
Fun, fast-paced environment with professional staff
Crew, Certified Trainer, Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 15, 2016
Wendys was my very first job as a teenager and I loved all of my time that I spent with that company. The supervisors and management were very family and value oriented... giving me opportunities to grow not only in my career but as a person as well.
Pros
Free Meals, Training, Professional Staff, Fun and productive environment
Cons
Could use better compensation.
Horrible Workplace
Wendy's Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tell City, INMarch 29, 2016
A typical day at work is that of any fast food restaurant. You come in, clock in, and go to your assigned duties for that day.

I learned better people skills while working at Wendy's, as this is a very social job.

The management for the location I was employed at were terrible. Many were rude, ignorant, and many took advantage of the free meals given to the management.

My co-workers were great, many were very kind to me, and I made a few friends in the process. However, a lot of them were fed up with the situation at the restaurant, and quit soon after I joined.

The hardest part of the job was trying to fill orders in a timely manner. That's not anyone's fault, it just happens. Once the drive through gets filled up and dinner rush is happening in the dining room, a lot of orders get backed up. The cooks can only go so fast.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to work with so many amazing people. I always worked the front counter, and I got to meet so many friendly customers. A lot of them were regulars and were absolutely the most pleasant people. I loved the customers. I loved talking to them and making them happy. It was the biggest thing that made working at Wendy's atleast a little worth it.
Pros
Discounted Lunches
Cons
Horrible management, Unpredictable hours, Extremely low pay, Absolutely no benefits.
Overwhelming and unsupportive managers
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVMarch 25, 2016
As a shift manager who worked my way up through the chain of command rather quickly (I was being trained within about four months of being hired) I not only faced a lot of problems from the other managers as a a crew but also as a fellow manager. I worked night shifts and it was well known that while we would be left with excess of day shifts work, causing us to leave at 2 or 3 in the morning after closing at 1 and scheduled to be out by 1:30, if the slightest mess was left, we were written up.

Crew employees are almost always treated as disposable work robots, which may be how they are seen considering the high turnover rate.

A lot of suspicious activity took place, to the point where we knew one manager was stealing from the store and suspected another but nothing was done about either case when taken to a "higher power". People were being paid salary for hourly jobs which they only worked at maximum 35 hours, and money that was accounted for by me or other night staff would suddenly disappear come the morning.

Overall, the work is not hard and can be very easy depending on your location, but it can also be downright awful.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Short breaks, lack of benefits, bad work environment
I'll always remember this company.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VAMarch 15, 2016
This, I can confidently say has been my favorite position in my working life. The people on all shifts were very welcoming, and became family. I highly recommend this company as a starter career in the food industry.
Pros
Great atmosphere, supervisors were very hands on
Cons
If anything it would be the salary, which was low but I never complained.
Warming work environment with very caring management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNDecember 10, 2015
Best working environment I've worked in so far. Management was very laid back but always got what needed to get done as soon as possible. I'd get to help with some of managements tasks being so trusted while working there. Very easy going co-workers that are still involved in life even after departure from the store. Regular customers would come in and ask specifically for me sometimes which was very heart warming. Received quite a few very good reviews from customers within the first few months alone. Couldn't have worked with a more caring crew than I did here. Very understanding.
Pros
Free lunch/extended lunches for good working, Errands that are done by very few trusted
Cons
No benefits
Great energy from customers and coworkers,Great place to work at.
Cashier/Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 8, 2016
A typical day at work for me was being at work on time,punching in and get myself ready to take orders that was either being placed at the drive thru or inside the store.Greeting every customer politely and with a smile.Helping my coworkers out in the store by the food station preparing orders for customers.pretty much multitasking being a help all around the store.What i liked about the job was that everyone could all get along and be on one accord making the day run smoothly and for the most part we had pretty good customers.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
No benefits

2.8