The Weston Group Employee Reviews

good
Rehab Tech/aide (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 18, 2017
Good place to work there is balanced work flow with pressure to increase numbers as with any company. Loved the patient population and co-workers were a lot of fun. Good benefits.
Poorly run, disorganized mess of a company.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2017
I worked for the Weston Group for quite some time and would have to say that the greatest failing of the company lies with the management. On a given day I would enter the office to work on my list of tickets and the company rules for how an issue should be handled could have changed without anyone knowing on the whims of a managers who are rarely present. Combined with a general lack of communication between departments and a constant threat of being terminated most of the staff is constantly stressed out and more than willing to throw you under the bus to save their own skins. Combined with abusive billing practices alienating clients this has led to most of the competent staff either being encouraged to quit or being terminated in favor of cheaper and more inexperienced employees.
Pros
Free drinks and snacks
Cons
Extremely stressful environment with little opportunity for advancement.
Working in an ALF setting gives opportunity for variety of patients to restore function in order to remain at that level of care
Staff Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCAugust 24, 2017
The Weston Group was great. Enjoyed working with highly trained therapists. Management and staff supportive with flexible schedules. Friendly facility
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
never recived a raise but was told I needed one
Rehab Aide (Former Employee) –  Signal Mountain, TNMay 25, 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job I worked with great people and met great residents the hardest part of the job was knowing you deserved more money and was told during evaluation that I would get one when it was in the budget and for 2 years never received one
Pros
worked with great people and resident
Cons
short breaks and not enough hours in the day
Flexible
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 19, 2017
Since the patients reside in the facility, management was very flexible on the hours that were worked as long as the patients were treated and goals were implemented.
Pros
Flexibility with hours worked
Cons
Facility where I worked was taken over by another therapy agency
Personal attention to high quality service
staff speech therapist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILDecember 15, 2016
The clinical day is self-paced but built upon an understanding of the factors that bring about a successful outcome for each patient. Staff are open to your questions regarding the operations of each unit, and helpful in learning facility-specific procedures. You are encouraged to bring all of your skill set to the clinical encounter, and then you are expected to document thoroughly and efficiently the clinical process that occurs each day.
Pros
small staff and comfortable caseload size, productivity expectations
Last of Employee Support
Helper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 25, 2016
Company is quick to send out bills to its clients, but very slow and inconsistent when compensating it's employees. They do repay mileage and expense, but don't trust you will receive it at any normal rate. Some times you're birthday is celebrated, some times not. Quarterly bonuses were present, but they've since been removed (otherwise I would be owed for the first half). If you file for unemployment expect them to not return the office calls and wait until the LAST POSSIBLE day (2.5 months later). The C.E.O. also has a funny way to chastise his employees through e-mails and comments. It's a small company so there isn't any advancement and expect to work more than 40 hours. Punishment is inconsistent: someone can get written up, while others get fired for doing the same thing.

Recommendation: look elsewhere for employment.
poor upper management
PT/CLINICAL COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  SCSeptember 14, 2016
Liked working with fellow co-workers but didn't have support from the corporate office. Limited communication from upper management and learning on the fly while expected to be productive. Poor CEO with bad communication skills that doesn't respect his employees, doesn't seem to understand the common worker struggles, demands and moral issues. Two wage reductions in 6 years not a good sign of stability.
Pros
co-workers, Rdo
Cons
poor leadership, poor clueless CEO
I learned a lot
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2016
Great work environment, where efforts are appreciated and rewarded.
Fantastic place to enhance your career, as management loves to promote internally. If you can prove yorself, you can move up.
Great place for a self starter who wants to earn their keep.
Overall Great Benefits Package: 401k, PTO, Bonus; partial Health Insurance..

Tough environment if you are not a learner and want to be spoon fed. But, this is IT overall and a benefit, actually to all of us who will do what we need to excel.
Great Organization to Grow
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 2, 2016
This was one of the best opportunities to learn about the industry and specifically the healthcare market. It is an organization run by some of the smartest and most capable individuals anywhere in the field of information technology.

It is not for lazy, checked out people or for those looking to just fly under the radar and hope no one notices your lack of engagement. If you are an under achiever or frankly not interested in growing, learning and contributing you will not be happy.
Extremely bad company for whom to work. No interest in motivating employees.
Therspist (Former Employee) –  West jester, MYAugust 21, 2016
This is undoubtedly the worst company I have ever worked for. Our CEU reimbursement was taken away, our gas stipend was taken away, our PTO was reduced from 30 to 23 days, and we were notified via email that we were changed from salaried to hourly employees.
I was never given any positive feedback whatsoever. It's all about the money for this company; they have no interest whatsoever in motivating their employees. Do not work for this company, unless you like bring treated very poorly.
Pros
Cons
Many
Typical small company
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2016
What you'll expect:
- Poor management, take no responsibility on themselves, its always your fault
- Zero advancement (top people aren't leaving)
- Employees may talk about you behind your back
- Hardly any work and your expected to have 35 hours billable time
- Zero training. Management looks down on you if you don't know how to do something
The company as a whole is just really okay.
IT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2015
Working insane hours, can't enjoy PTO without someone calling you.

Not enough employees to handle the massive amount of issues pouring in.
I worked there
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles CAJune 1, 2015
It was a job. I worked there. Nothing great or earthshaking to report. The company was hard to work for, I hated the whole program. There was free parking and not any overtime available.
Pros
Cons
plenty
rehab employee, going to be ex soon
rehab (Former Employee) –  cannot discloseAugust 30, 2014
I started at a building that was new as they had just acquired the contract. started off with no patients, built the census up. after a year and a half, realized that management had no support for their front end staff, as a rehab staff you would either have to text your off site supervisor for questions, and get an answer a few days later. management gave too much responsibility to the tech who in turn couldn't assist the therapists with any transportation etc. tech had too much authority and never respected the therapists. management unclear of the techs role delegation as well as their own. staff at the building were too clickish. the owner of the company was always pushing numbers and asking the therapists to be unethical.
the productivity requirement was 80% however when patients weren't evaluated right away, management staff would question why, the dept was run by only 1 OT with no help available. if there was a day when I needed off, I would have to find my own coverage only to be told my management that "Its not my job to find you coverage". I will soon happily be an ex employee, I have had nothing by stress with this company, and it is probably the worst company to work for. stay away, folks! If you are looking to learn, grow, and have awesome management staff to back you up and stand by you after a hard day at work, you wont get it here.
Pros
awesome patients.
Cons
the above
The worst unethical Company that I ever worked for. RUN
Adminstrator (Former Employee) –  Lehigh ValleyAugust 11, 2014
I worked as an administrator in one of Weston's Personal Care Home. I was never treated so poorly in my career. I was lied to on the interview. The pay is the lowest in the area. I worked my rear off improving the place. Increasing census. Brought all the state mandated paperwork up to date. Some forms where 2 years over due. Brought in my own equipment to do my job. Only one computer for 5 departments.
Trying to get supplies for the home and the residents was a struggle. The director of finance would deny orders. Sent me nasty insulting emails. The corporate team are liars and will do anything to keep their jobs. The corporate team is abusive to the staff. Especially the one. The owner refused to fix the buildings. Leaky roofs, mold growing on the walls.
Weston terminates employees on a whim. He does not care about if he ruins their lives. I was terminated because I followed mandated Department Of Welfare instructions.
Do not work for this unethical company you will be sorry.
Pros
Pros what ros
Cons
low pay, ternmination happy, lack of respect, no training, you will be thrown under the bus
Poor support from management, unfair treatment of employees.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PAJuly 8, 2014
This company is very unorganized and it is evident in their buildings and in all departments. Management offers no support to employees which negatively impacts overall morale. The president pressures therapists to commit unethical acts for profit and has threatened to terminate those who do not meet such wishes. Mistreatment between management and staff or between fellow employees goes unnoticed and when employees do go to management no actions are taken. This is very discouraging. There are very little, if any, employee rights. There is no sense of community because of such poor managerial decisions or lack there of. The above reasons are why this company will never flourish. In a time where advancements and progress are occurring in the work place this company will not survive and the only blame lies in the management (president, vp of operations, regional directors). I would not recommend anyone work for this company because you will observe all of the above. It is guaranteed.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Overall disorganization, pressure to commit unethical acts for sole purpose to make a profit, unfair treatment of employees, no opportunities to advance, management has very poor attitude towards therapists
Good work environment in Hellertown. Slow pay for contractors.
Consulting Dietitian (Former Employee) –  HellertownJune 27, 2014
Good working environment. I really enjoyed working at Weston for over a year until I stopped getting paid for my contract work. Other contractors have had the same problem. I would still be there if I hadn't left on my own because of slow pay, and now no pay for back earnings.
Pros
Good people to work with. Good direct management.
Cons
I am pursuing legal means to get 7 weeks of consulting fees.
Productive workplace with basketball hoop
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 17, 2014
Opened rehab unit. Managed 1 PT/1PTA/1 OT/1COTA. hardest part of postion is finding coverage on somedays. Working and helping others is the most rewarding career. Geriatric/bariatric population.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Healthcare
Account Manager/ Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston TxAugust 16, 2013
Experienced working with managers, physcians, directors, xray technicians, hospital staff,
Enjoyed assisting others work with technology.

Ive learned that in order to be sucessful, you must put yourself in between the client and the technology, understanding their point of view to assist them with daily operations.
Pros
Free Lunches, Foods
Cons
lack of healthcare benefits.