The White Company

The White Company Employer Reviews

Best customer service specialists work in The White Company
Supervisor (Current Employee), London, Edinburgh ENGJuly 31, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: no decent staff rewarding system
Great place to work. Exciting job environment because of various products and excellent quality. Easy to fall in love with the goods what we're working with, and that makes us extremely passionate about the company.
Head office has to improve staff rewarding system to keep best and most experienced staff members working for them.
challenging and fun
Senior Customer Adviser (Former Employee), SolihullJuly 17, 2014
Pros: 50% discount in store, gifts and surprises from management
Cons: standing in one place for long hours, no progression
My day would start at 6.30am as i would be dealing with the deliveries before the store opened for business from then i would deal with customers to shop security and even assisting management. The skills acquired from working in retail can be many, i learned how to operate new till systems and increase my communication skills, merchandising products – more... to organizing the entire back house of store. The management was friendly and attentive to my needs at times but at times was on the edge and that would be where i would need to take charge and manage myself to increase the store productivity. The co workers were all female and fun to be around socially as well as with in the work place, bubbley and good team players. The hardest part of my job was standing 8 to 9 hours at the front doors with out having the right clothing to deal with the severe weather in winter and the most enjoyable part of the job was sharing experiences with customers and having a variety of jobs to attend to which made my work day much more interesting. – less
A Stimulating Environment.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Bromley, ENGJuly 8, 2014
Working at the white company gave me many opportunity's. To meet new people, take on new and often challenging roles. I learnt a massive amount about the retail environment and the workings of a chain company. I enjoyed my time at the white company, the team were friendly, supportive and happy to teach me the things i needed to know.
Friendly and fun workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Gloucester, ENGMay 29, 2014
This was a great place to work at, very friendly colleagues, and gave me valuable experience.
lovely team
Part time Supervisor up until 2010 (Current Employee), Bluewater, Greenhithe KentApril 24, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: not great for growth
Working for thewhite company has been a great experiance.

the product and the life style that they sell is something i fantasise about having myself.

staff members and management in the store are fantastic and very surportive.

i have enjoyed working for the white company.
was a delight / enjoyed everyday really looked forward
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Brent Cross Station, ENGMarch 11, 2014
typical day was planning / organising / facing new challenges multi tasking and making sure everyone has a fun enjoyable sales driven day.
what I learned was to react to the market and competition very quickly and be far more commercial.
management worked very well together / we all used our strengths in the areas that we knew we would make a difference.
co – more... workers had a good realationship with whole team
hardest part of job ,cant really think of one really , enjoyed it all.
enjoyable part was driving the sales and telling the team we had smashed the targets. – less
Fun workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), BluewaterFebruary 6, 2014
I was working here while at college as I wanted to be in employment.
MARKETING EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), London, ENGOctober 24, 2013
Developed, wrote and executed partnerships, proposals, events, direct mail, collateral, and online promotions to increase excitement and incremental advertising sales for local and luxury advertisers
Dynamic and fun environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Glasgow, SCTSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: a lovely, supportive team
Cons: limited options for progression
The White Company has helped develop my skills as a leader over the years. Working from the bottom up has provided me with the best insight to understanding what is expected of me and my peers.
I am commercially aware, reactive, strong at negotiating and great at decision making.
I have a fantastic rapport with the team and we all work together to achieve – more... one common goal. There is a great deal of trust among all staff members and we bring out the best in each other by recognising not only successes but areas for development.
High visual standards are always expected coupled with a premiium customer service experience for the shoppers.
I am often faced with having to make quick decisions and dealing with hostile customers is the hardest part but something I have adapted to well over the years. – less
Enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), LondonAugust 29, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere
Working for TWC is enjoyable. The products are all great quality and the brand is very likeable. A typical day at work here would consist of greeting customers and general maintenance of stock.
shop windows/red thread
Visual Specialist- Edinburgh Flagship Store (Former Employee), Edinburgh, SCTJuly 19, 2013
Pros: very creative
Cons: sometimes a short time scale to work with
great creative way to work with colleagues to inspire customers in store
enjoyable and challenging
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), kensingtonJuly 9, 2013
• Delivering items for photoshoots, studios and customer deliveries
• Showing excellent customer service when delivering goods
• Building up good knowledge of London roads
• Working a flexible shift through each week • Lifting heavy items onto the van • Punctual and always on time
• Time keeping to make sure all deliveries are made on time
• Multi-drop – more... deliveries for companies that have groceries pre-ordered
• Dealing with all customer queries or objections

Ordering shoes for customers • Making sure that customers are satisfied with their purchases • Being vigilant on the shop floor for any shop lifters • Checking stock availability – less
great work place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee), brackmills northamptonJuly 2, 2013
Pros: loading and off loading
Cons: using machinery i don't no how to use
great set of work mates i got more experiance in a warehouse working at the white company the hardest part of the job was using the machines if i had to use them the most enjoyable part of the job was apart from unloading lorries working alongside a great team of people
TWC
Customer Experience Team Leader (Current Employee), Kensington, LondonJune 16, 2013
Pros: great working environment, great people
The White Company is a wonderful place to work and I have met some great people who I've developed both personal and professional relationships with. I manage a team of 13 CSA's and am responsible for overseeing the day to day running of 3 exciting business areas; Furniture, Business to Business and Customer Experience.
Nice workplace
warehouse operative (Current Employee), NorthamptonApril 17, 2013
Pros: free tea and coffie
I`ve learned how to pick and pack goods.Learned how to use scanner. I`ve a chance to meet nice friends. Supervisors are always there to help us or answer any questions.
fun workplace
Customer Services (Former Employee), LondonApril 7, 2013
Pros: environment
Cons: growth opportunities
a typical day at work
--interacting with a lot of clients
what you learned
--professional attitude and patience
management
--very supportive
your co-workers
--diverse backgounds, but very friendly
the hardest part of the job
--nothing
the most enjoyable part of the job
--making the customers smile.
The White Company
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), HarrogateApril 2, 2013
Pros: staff discount
Cons: not enough hours
I love my job at The White Company. Every day I serve customers with excellent customer service, whilst attending to other store duties such as replenishment, tidying the store and other small duties. I get on well with both my management and my co-workers. Every one is friends with one another and have relationships outside the work place too. The – more... hardest part of my job is lifting heavy objects and dealing with tricky customers. I've learnt a lot about how to behave around certain customers and how to reason with them. The most enjoyable part of my job is feeling like I would be supported no matter what. I truly enjoy giving great customer service, which is good as I do it every day I'm working! – less
Productive, good environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Stratford upon AvonOctober 20, 2012
A day at work constructs of keeping standards up to how they should be throughout the shop floor, looking after the children's department. Helping customers out when they come into store. All of my co-workers are good, we get on well together and when need be we work as a team. Most enjoyable part is when we are changing the shop for different seasons – more... and you see the finishing point, it always shows off the hard work all of us have put in. – less
Professional, classy, fun and down to earth work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), White City LondonOctober 16, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: far distance to travel
A typical day at the White Company would involve finding out whwich areas or tasks I would be allocated to for the day. Then I would carry out tasks within that area including replenishing stock for that area, keeping it clean and tidy and face to face customer services and assistance.
I learned more about people skills and how to assist customers effectively – more... in th est way to help generate sales for the company.
Management was a small and professional team who were very helpful and conciencious in their work.
My co-workers were very easy to get along with and very hard working. I met many different kinds of people from many differen parts of the world and of different cultures and backgrounds, however we were all able to work well together as a team ad everyone was well spirited with a good sence of humour so I was able to fit in well and gel with them instantly.
The hardest part of the job was aiming to retain sales when the store became very busy. Some customers would become impatient when waiting for products which needed to be checked for or collected from the stock room which was located q bit of a distance from the store itself.
My colleagues wereb very nice and easy to get along with which was very enjoyable and made the day a pleasure. Also I would sometimes assist with the window displays and store decorations and mannequins, which was enjoyable. – less
Friendly Relaxed office to work in.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Brackmills, NorthamptonAugust 15, 2012
Cons: temporary contract
I worked Part time Evenings at The White Company, so I would arrive into work at 6pm and work until 10pm. I would Answer Calls form two lines; An enquiries line and also an orders line. I demonstrated exellent customer service to every single person that I spoke to, weather it was my first call of the shift or my very last one.

Working at the White – more... Company I learned about all of the products that they sell and where the come from and how they are made, so that I had a wide range of background knowlege behind me for the customers benefit.

As I was only a part time employee of The White Company I Rarely came across mangement it was mainly team leaders, but in my week of training on 9-5 hours I found that the management and team leaders were all very supportive and approachable.

The Most difficult part of my job was Keeping up with the systems and using the online tracking systems for the different courrier companies as there was always something to pick up about how to use them.

The most enjoyable part of the Job was the people that I worked with and also the customers that I spoke to, it made going to work a joy. – less