The Wichita Eagle

The Wichita Eagle Employer Reviews

Fun Fast Paced
Warehouse Assistant/Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), wichita ksJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: always hours and something to do
Cons: pay was low
Really enjoyed the warehouse environment. Enjoyed working with heavy equipment
Very Long Hours
Circulation Operations Manager (Former Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 29, 2013
Great working environment before mass downsizing occured
Fast paced, demanding, great learning experience
DC Helper (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJune 5, 2013
A day at work consisted of helping the carriers load bundles of newspapers and keeping up maintenance at the warehouse.
I loved being a journalist.
Copy Editor, Staff Writer and Editorial Writer (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 23, 2013
Pros: occasionally making a difference -- albeit, a small one -- in the community
I was hired as a part-time editorial writer for The Eagle before I had my undergraduate degree and stayed with my hometown newspaper for many years before the industry slipped into an ongoing malaise that has since worsened. I especially loved being able to write editorials or stories that prompted change and in small ways, made Wichita a better place. Over time, however, I felt the paper's commitment to the city falter in ways that I did not agree with and had no say over. I decided reluctantly in 2008 that it was best for me to pursue other employment and accepted a voluntary buyout.
Great people and great working environment
Freelance Photographer and Intern Photographer (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJune 12, 2012
Everything about this place, from the moment you walk in the door to the time you leave at the end of the day, is awesome. It's the best time I have ever had at a job.
Disciplined atmosphere
Market Research Assistant (Former Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 14, 2012
Pros: getting paid to learn!
Cons: office space too small
Busy, task-oriented with no room for error! A good place to work and grow in knowledge.