The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Current work life
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CADecember 9, 2015
A typical day at work consist of many different task. Some mundane, others requiring complete concentration. Meeting and greeting people is an everyday thing.Besides my Facilities hat, I also work as the front desk person, checking in all guests, throughout the building of 115 employees. On certain days we may get different alarms from our Chiller, Boiler, or AC units in our Server room. It is up to myself and the others in our staff to address those alarms, immediately. Other things can come up like broken equipment, or clogged pipes, around so every day is always different and knew things are learned which each task.

I can't say I ever run across any really difficult tasks. I either figure out the solution myself, seek advise from my co-workers or work with our vendors to resolve any issue. I get my most enjoyment from helping others and facilitating a project from start to end. Meeting all types of people from all walks of like and from different countries, cites and states is also a treat. I feel that my contact with all these various groups of people have given me the gift of connecting with any person I meet and have to do business with.