The Wine Group Employee Reviews

Great Culture but No Opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJune 20, 2017
Definitely a great culture and people to work with. Unfortunately, salary is terrible and benefits are just okay. Career advancement is rare and opportunities are not often given. People here definitely work harder and do not receive income to balance it out, or raises.
Pros
Culture, People. Location
Cons
Salary, Benefits, Career Advancement
Good place to work for in a new industry
Systems Administrator /Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAMay 25, 2017
I was glad to work for the wine group as it offered a new environment for me to work in. I never worked in the wine industry. The IT Team was great and I learned a few things and hopefully they learned a few from me.
Pros
new industry
Cons
Management could spend some more new technologies in IT.
Do your job and always make sure it's done right
Scale Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ripon, CAMay 8, 2017
It is Fast paced, especially during crushing season ! There is Minimum room for error. Always Ask questions and don't assume anything. If you do your job efficiently there is always opportunities for promotions.
Love this place feels like home for me
GWW (Former Employee) –  Ripon, CAApril 17, 2017
I have nothing bad to say about this place honestly.
The only thing I can say is very very hard labor. But great
People, benefits, pay, they always do special things for there employees, fun learning experience as well as great advancement opportunitys
Pros
Great pay, great people, no work drama ever
Cons
Working Back to back shifts
fast pace /multi task position/challenging
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Soledad, CAApril 7, 2017
Working at TWG was challenging/ fast paced multi tasking position, Loved my job and had a great relationship with my customers, Harvest season was always a time of season to look forward to, The staff at TWG were all TEAM WORK players. I hope to find a job at a winery where I can grow with the company and use my years of experience as a weigh master/administrative assistant to use.
Pros
Fun and great place to work
Cons
Management had a problem with us using bilingual language, most of employees spoke spanish
Bad place to work.
Technical Operator (Former Employee) –  Ripon, CAFebruary 15, 2017
You start as a tech 1 and have to get each machine center signed off. Then after learning a glass line and box line you will have to walk with the supervisor who asks you questions about each machine. Be ready to get asked questions that you never learned and are not even in your training booklet. You miss 9 questions on the walk your fired. If your the lowest seniority then be ready to stay 12 hours everyday.. Yea its sad they can't hire enough people. The coworkers on your line report to the boss about your performance so your job also depends on your workers not the boss....bs. The older workers talk bad about all the new hires and most of them don't know about the machines. Avoid this place. Cause you will have to watch your back everyday there.
Pros
Almost twenty bucks starting out
Cons
Benifits and most of the old coworkers
Ok
Rack & Blender (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 8, 2017
Manegment sucks kinda racist union there is great hard work good pay. crush season is 7. Days a week lots of over time don't miss any days during crush won't get hired full time
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Racist
Great core values
Customer Service Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 4, 2017
The Wine Group is a great company with solid core values. They care about their employees and make sure employees are aware of growth opportunities within the company. I would highly recommend working at The Wine Group.
Great company
Logistic Colleague (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 14, 2017
Love working for the wine group, it's management is outstanding and my collegues were more like family. I've been with the wine group for over 5 years, and i must say it has been an honor to work there.
Incompetent Management
Quality Inspe (Former Employee) –  Ripon, CASeptember 20, 2016
The first month of the job was learning process or training but the people inside the Lab didn't want you to learn & they were always on the look out for mistakes to be reported to the Management for personal gain, the Management(Indian manager) fired on the spot with out due process given, didn't knew how to handle people.

Character more important than skill
Skill can be acquired character not, it's in the heart.
Pros
Wages
Very sad place to work
maintenance (Current Employee) –  Ripon, CAJanuary 6, 2016
this placed had very skilled workers in the workplace at one time. the old timers are being pushed out but the young and un skilled worker. promotions are given to people that do not have the all skills in the job description but are still awarded the bid. so with that said new management is young un experienced and they do know the first thing on how to value great work if it hit them in their face. the only thing that will have you coming back to work is literally the paycheck. this place is trying to change at this moment so the supervisors are un organized the work is distributed not in a timely fashion. also people in charge are wasting company time working overtime and on the weekends at the desk or looking at people work. all in all if you cant find employment else where then I would apply but if you can avoid this place I would. in my years that I worked here I never recommended any person I knew to go through this company that is so un organized. they do not appreciate loyal employees they gave forty employees a pink slip without notice
Pros
great wage for the valley
Cons
health care, job security, no advancemnet any time soon
Typical Day at The Wine Group
Advanced Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ripon, CaOctober 6, 2015
Passdown information on mechanical adjustments made to machinery on previous shift. Working together as a team to help identify any mechanical problems causing slow production. Getting paperwork together and making sure area is clean and safe to work in.
Pros
Working environment was great!
Cons
Mediocre Health Insurance
Fast pace work enviromment
strategic partner (Former Employee) –  Ripon CASeptember 24, 2015
Working at TWG was a wonderful experience. Never a dull moment. There are so many areas of the business to learn about which made the role I was in very desirable.
MGMT related or friends
Operations (Former Employee) –  Ripon, CAMay 29, 2015
If it weren't for MGMT, it would be a good company to work for....the actual workers who produce are great, not too bad in terms of work environment, it is a winery/MFG plant but the MGMT are all judgmental, nosy, bully their employees and have no problem bringing the ax down on good workers if they don't like the person on a personal level or don't agree with their lifestyle even if it doesn't affect their job. A lot of the MGMT are family members or friends who all attend the same church...which is fine but really, cliques in the work place??! All in all, glad I'm no longer part of The Wine Group where there is no room for advancement if you aren't family or go to the same church and what's comical is they promote folks that aren't even qualified to assume the role. So long TWG!!
Pros
Friendly co-workers, flexible hours, good pay, decent benefits
Cons
Unprofessional MGMT, no real HR that actually protects the workers
Nice people, nice employers.
Rack and Blender (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAApril 16, 2015
I was a temporary employee for a season. Everyone was nice, and treated me with kindness. I love working for The Wine Group.
Pros
No one is ever rushing you.
Cons
The only con is that I didn't get hire on.
I dislike working environment: unfriendly and disrespect
QC Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Ripon, CAMarch 26, 2015
No fully training, full time employees were unhelpfull, lazy, and disrespect temporary workers.
I was scared to ask co-workers to show me how to do work that I never got trained.
Pros
sometimes free meals for graveyard shift
Cons
no benefits.
Entrepreneurial place to work
Director Trade Development (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 2, 2015
Very entrepreneurial place to work. Learned a tremendous amount about the wine business from manufacturing to sales.
Worked with many different departments and exposed to many aspects of the company.
Pros
Freedom to succed
Cons
Not ready to invest in what is needed to be competitive
Nice people to work with.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ripon, CADecember 2, 2014
Nice place to work at would've still been there if I wouldn't have been laid-off. Communication between maintenance and supervisors was a bit of a problem. Learned to keep a very good professional relationship with co-workers especially to work closely with the maintenance team, it makes your productivity greater.
I enjoy the wine industry
Plant Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Ripon, CANovember 19, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is achieving goals while being cost mindful.
Great Place to work
Sugar Tester (Former Employee) –  Ripon, CAMay 31, 2014
I loved my time here. I was an exemplary employee (says my boss who still wants me back after 6 years). I was respected, and my ideas for company improvement were actually listened to and used. They implemented my ideas into their business and are used today. I feel loved.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wine Group. Our community is ready to answer.