The Wine Group

The Wine Group Employee Reviews

Nice people, nice employers.
Rack and Blender (Former Employee), Madera, CAApril 16, 2015
Pros: No one is ever rushing you.
Cons: The only con is that I didn't get hire on.
I was a temporary employee for a season. Everyone was nice, and treated me with kindness. I love working for The Wine Group.
I dislike working environment: unfriendly and disrespect
QC Lab Technician (Former Employee), Ripon, CAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: sometimes free meals for graveyard shift
Cons: no benefits.
No fully training, full time employees were unhelpfull, lazy, and disrespect temporary workers.
I was scared to ask co-workers to show me how to do work that I never got trained.
Entrepreneurial place to work
Director Trade Development (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: freedom to succed
Cons: not ready to invest in what is needed to be competitive
Very entrepreneurial place to work. Learned a tremendous amount about the wine business from manufacturing to sales.
Worked with many different departments and exposed to many aspects of the company.
Nice people to work with.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Ripon, CADecember 2, 2014
Nice place to work at would've still been there if I wouldn't have been laid-off. Communication between maintenance and supervisors was a bit of a problem. Learned to keep a very good professional relationship with co-workers especially to work closely with the maintenance team, it makes your productivity greater.
I enjoy the wine industry
Plant Maintenance Manager (Current Employee), Ripon, CANovember 19, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is achieving goals while being cost mindful.
Great Place to work
Sugar Tester (Former Employee), Ripon, CAMay 31, 2014
I loved my time here. I was an exemplary employee (says my boss who still wants me back after 6 years). I was respected, and my ideas for company improvement were actually listened to and used. They implemented my ideas into their business and are used today. I feel loved.
They have poker cards.
Dock Helper and forklift driver (Former Employee), Stockton, CAMay 30, 2014
Pros: they would have potlocks every holiday.
Cons: need ping pong tables or other equipment to make it fun during breaks and lunches.
Every one in the company was good to get along with.
They certified me to drive a forklift.
The hardest park of the job was that the supplies would sometimes stop working or equipment would break.
The most enjoyable thing about being in that company was the employees there they were nice and funny.
Fun place to work
Case Coder (Former Employee), Modesto, CAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: free water
Cons: nothing really just the graveyard shift was a little hard to get use to.
On a typical day i would clean until the forklift operators would get out of there daily meeting. then i would begin loading boxes onto a convayer belt so they could be wrapped and loaded on a trailer. Every one that worked there were very help and nice there was never nothing really hard as long as you just kept working hard.
GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT
Machine Operator (Former Employee), RIPON CANovember 6, 2013
Pros: get free wine certain time of month
Cons: the distance from parking lot to clock in station
DAY TO DAY WORK ROUTINE, LEARNED TONS OF NEW SKILLS. I MANAGE TO OPERATE MACHINERY. CO WORKERS ARE TEAM PLAYERS. HARDEST PART OF THE JOB FOR ME HAND STACKING CASES OF WINE. I ENJOY THE PEOPLE THERE AND THE WORK ENVIRONMENT.
Family environment
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Tracy, CAJuly 11, 2013
Pros: flexibility
I would begin my day by planning out my route, then start building displays, stocking shelves, and looking for new sales opportunities. I learned a lot of valuable information in regards to the wine and spirits industry. The best part of the day was getting to interact with different people everyday.
i liked the fast pace work enivroment
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Ripon, CAJuly 9, 2013
Pros: free wines on certain hoildays/annual company picnic
Cons: n/a
when i go to work i look forward to see what's going to happen with the machine. is it going to run fine or is it going to be down for half the day. hardest part for me sometimes is when we get a good production at work, staying awake is kinda tough. its more interesting for me when the machine goes down due to the fact that we learn what happen and what we need to do to fix the issue.
Removed knowledeable management with none experienced people in the wine industry.
Master Mechanic (Former Employee), Ripon, CAJune 6, 2013
Cons: no chance of advancement.
Company has no value of experienced employees. It appears to be weeding out senior employees.
Glad I'm not there anymore.
District Manager (Former Employee), Southern CaliforniaMay 16, 2013
Pros: people.
Cons: everything else.
Company operates on a shoestring budget, as far as the sales division is concerned. Little to no useful training while I was there and compensation was below average for the industry. Products are sub-par for the industry and always changing with little to no regard for brand history or relevance for it's category.

Good people to work with, but doesn't offer much else.
The wine group
AMO (Former Employee), RIPON CAMay 2, 2013
Pros: wages, benefits
Cons: management, long hour, break room next to bathroom, this place is a dump
former AMO , my experience was bad , you take some simple tests,really easy hands on test ,interview and you hire no experience necessary, then you start working ,first nice training at first then they tell you you have to be qualified on every piece of equipment very difficult to do you are on probation for a year , the union is a joke you pay union dues and get no representation , your always one mistake away from getting fire , my supervisor are quick to remind you how much money the pay you and why very unprofessional,when i worked there, we had 55 amo, 12 quit or got fire ,bottom line if you want to make money go there ,but stress of the job not worth it , if people call in sick ,they force you to work an additional four hour,make sure to bring food for a twelve hour shift ,every day is like box of chocolate you never know what you going to get
Innovative and exciting
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Tracy, CAApril 8, 2013
The Wine Group takes the simplicity of wine and production to new levels. Management and culture are relaxed yet professional.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: friendly people
Cons: no cons.
The Wine Group was a great experience. Wish I work there a bit longer to know all my co-workers.
Positive atmosphere
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Ripon, CADecember 12, 2012
Pros: great management
Cons: union politics
Great place to work if you like being pushed to learn.Its a positive place to work.
employee satisfaction a high priority
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic/ Site Electrician (Former Employee), Cutler, CASeptember 4, 2012
Pros: great work enviroment
Electrical maintenance and installation with full support of the management. The employees were a great bunch of people that really cared about their fellow workers.
Great place to work, Self Motivated
Point of Sales, Re-pack Leader (Former Employee), Stockton, CAApril 15, 2012
Pros: free lunches good pay celebrate holidays
Days, Swing and nights. Company growing, but dont allow equal opportunity for employment. Getting a job here is all about the hook up.
The Wine Group
AMO (Former Employee), Ripion, CADecember 18, 2011
Pros: lunch ins
Cons: management
Be prepared to work long hours.... i started in september, everyone is very friendly, but don't let it fool you! The reason why im giving this review is because i don't anyone to go through what i did. If your being hired as an AMO or Advanced Machine Operator you are going to be put on a journey you'll never for get...The plant has been working six days a week since march of 2011. Yes they are busy, cause who doesn't drink wine? The employees in the AMO department were recruited within the planet because the company was forced to by the union contract. So your already thinking to yourself that people who have no mechanincal experience just had to pass a basic knowledge test to get a pay increase and work as a machine operator. Their were a few people that were knowledgeable about the machines, how they worked and how to fix them. Others.......well from their previous job at the plant they just liked to drive the forklifts and stock the line, and load product. So if you Apply don't be surprized to not get your 20day, 40day, and 60day review that your supose to have cause none of us had ours and it has been confirmed. As for the rest of the plant is great to work for i hear. Just not the AMO department because it has only been ran for the last year with non experienced individuals.

About The Wine Group

Established in 1981, The Wine Group (TWG) is the world’s third-largest wine producer by volume. TWG is a privately-held, – Read more

The Wine Group Salaries