The Wireless Experience Employee Reviews

Awful company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Manheim, PAJanuary 14, 2017
I worked here for a 1yr and a half. The company is an absolute joke, managers are never in there stores, reps rip off customers, they hold back your pay, constant turnover, oh but u get to go to disgusting Atlantic city for 3 days were u have to listen to boring brand reps try to get you to sell there stuff And the CEO pretends he pays for everything and everyone bows in his presence
Pros
Watch tv all day
Cons
Constant micromanaging, awful pay, useless upper managemnt
Management does not stand behind the manager.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAOctober 11, 2016
At the beginning I thought this was a good place to work; however the foot traffic in the store is not enough to make good money if there are more than two employees in the location. Equipment is old does not work half the time as well as the internet connection is horrible and must be shared with all the connected devices. The store is so far from other locations you only see one manager and no other upper management. The goals are doable for certain things (phone sales) but it is never enough. Management show favoritism to other locations. You will hear how well you are doing but there is always a however that follows. Phone sales and helping customers isn't enough, you need to push all other products on customers who don't want them. When a customer comes in to pay a bill, don't just take the bill and let the customer walk out the door. Must sell them other products.
Pros
Great customers.
Cons
Low pay, long hours, customers mistreated by pushing services and not listening to their needs.
poor managment, poor pay, un-honest work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Parkesburg, PAMay 30, 2016
I have worked here for almost a year and have barley been able to make ends meet, management is horrible, stores are required to make sales goals that are impossible because people know atts gimmicks and there isnt enough business for most of the stores to reach those goals. no room for advancement because even if you are doing manager duties because yours is never there, they give the job to someone conning and selling more then you strictly because of sales numbers. do yourself a favor and go work for corporate or a sales job that you will actually make money in.
Pros
sit around and watch netflix all day.
Cons
unreachable sales goals, super poor management, low pay, withheld commission.
Do not work for the wireless experience
Sale Rep (Current Employee) –  Temple, PAApril 24, 2016
I have worked here for about 2 years now & I can tell you i hate it a lot. Commission is horrible, management is terrible, there isn't much nice things to say honestly. They change the pay structure maybe ever 3 months & it doesn't mean we will make more money we actually make no money at all.If you don't sell what they want you to sell they hold your commission, meaning we won't get paid . APPLY AT at&t CORP..please!! Don't do it
Pros
None at all
Cons
Horrible pay
Just go apply for an actual AT&T corporate store
Rep/Sort of Manager (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAMarch 21, 2016
When I started working for this company I was optimistic. I was brought on as a sales rep and the position was what I was looking for.
Then I transferred to the store I was hired for (not the one they had me commute to for training) and the entire atmosphere and culture changed. I was suddenly in a store that was understaffed, had half of a functioning computer, had an internet connection that was spotty at best and absolutely no support. I was expected to do the tasks of a manager and not get compensated as a manager. I was told I was incompetent at my job when I was offered no management training even though I was doing the job for 5 months. Upper management refused to appoint an official manager and it created a toxic work environment. In my short time with this company there was one store in the district that was not short staffed because people kept abandoning ship.

I do have to say, however, that I feel like the company itself is not a bad company, just the management of the area I was employed by. There's a corporate store right up the road, save your mental well being and just go apply there.
Pros
Free swag from reps/trainings
Cons
Management, Pay, Communication, lack of willingness to help their associates
I wouldn't even want my worst enemy working here!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hingham, MAFebruary 3, 2016
One of THE worst jobs I have EVER worked at. Management was a complete joke! I'm pretty sure my 6 year old niece could've ran a better establishment. People are constantly leaving because the pay is barely keeping people alive and they constantly threaten you with taking you off the floor if you don't meet sale goals (which are also impossible) I would rather be a garbage man than ever work for this company ever again. If you like to constantly be undermined and work awful hours, work underneath people who love to con, then this is the job for you. Commission is tiered, which means for every $900 phone you sell, you make $3.
Pros
None.
Cons
Pay, management, employees
Nice People, but Poorly Managed
Wireless Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hingham, MANovember 6, 2015
Working at The Wireless Experience should not be this aggravating. While my coworkers have ever been supportive and friendly, I did not receive any formal training until nearly a month and a half into my employment, and it took even longer for the higher management to provide the necessary codes and information for me to access the sales software on an account of my own. Furthermore, the store continued to suffer low customer traffic due to a lack of marketing. The store has been open since January of 2015, yet even in November of the same year, most of our patrons hadn't known about it until shortly before they walked in. Overall, working here has been an unsatisfactory experience, despite the friendly staff and good commission structure.
Pros
Good commission structure.
Cons
Poorly managed, lack of communication.
Overworked, underpaid
Rep (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg paSeptember 26, 2015
Commission is just pennies! Their commission scale is not the true AT&T scale. You make money for the owner. Short staffed, computer system is not up to par with other auth. dealer stores. Bad location, no customers, no way to make over 1,000.00 a month. Upper management are demanding, and belittle you all the time. You never get 80 hours on a paycheck!!
Pros
Cons
Healthcare is too much, not enough money monthly to survive!
Productive, positive, fun, and great compensation
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Forked River, NJSeptember 13, 2015
- Fun work place
- Great environment
- Good pay
- Caring Management
- Great Benefits
- Flexible Scheduling

Fun team to be with and work with.
Pros
Pay, Hours, Benefits, Scheduling, and PTO
Cons
No paid Breaks.
Not Great
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, PAApril 26, 2014
Stay away. This company is an indirect dealer for at&t and they do not at all follow at&t security policies. They will lie to you about how much you will make and steal commission from you. I will say the owner of the company is a very nice man and will do what ever he can to have great stores and help out his employees, but other then him there is no one that really cares. If you are looking to go here, be careful and remember you are not working for at&t, you are working for TWE.
Pros
Nice stores and the owner
Cons
too many to list
Underpaid, overworked
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PASeptember 16, 2013
Managers are fun and friendly if they like you. There is a lot of pulling teeth with customers and the goals are very unreachable. Hardest part of the job is all the bending and reaching for the trays.
Nice working enviroment
Customer Service Representative - Billing (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJAugust 18, 2013
This was a very enjoyable place to work. Friendly co-workers, very appealing d├ęcor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wireless Experience. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2