The Woman's Hospital of Texas Employee Reviews

Received great experience at TWHT
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2017
This was my first job as an RN. I learned a great deal. It is a fast paced area in labor and delivery and definitely not for everyone. I have enjoyed my years there and wish I could continue there as an NP.
Bennefits, and base salary are good.
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2017
My overall experience is good at TWHT. I was very disappointed with my 2% annual raise after I had proven to be an asset to the department. My annual review report was good but they do not offer more than a 2% raise, regardless of how hard you work.
Pros
Bennefits, base salary, coorporate supervisors attempts to improve the work place
Cons
The traffic is bad, annualy increase is less than the cost of living increase, and they do not give incentives or bonuses for your hard wor
Environment
Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2017
You get a policy handbook and the policy owner doesn't follow it. The Human Resource Manager and some leadership like to play like a job is a sport and is full of lies. The work environment is disruptive and not handled. Overtime is given unfair to other people that don't work in the specified department. The pay is not near or above other leading hospitals. No matter how much you are a good worker and get terminated. There's a panel and if the candidates that are picked choose you did your job correct, you get still terminated. The Woman's Hospital of Texas is not a recommended place to be in the health industry.
Pros
Gym
Cons
The paragraph says a lot
Not a good experience
Unit Secretary in Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2017
The Human Resources department was not professional.

I was placed in the Clinical Research department and the director there was inadequate at best.

I do not recommend this employer.
Pros
Hospital Environment
Cons
Unprofessional
Well run machine, follows Awhonn too a T and a great supportive team
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Labor and DeliveryApril 25, 2017
The best place to work as a women's services nurse, safe practice, supportive management, and trusting staff. Very competent doctors and Baby friendly
Pros
Self Scheduling, lots of overtime available, no micro managing
Cons
Weekend requirements, poor holiday pay, and poor weekend differential.
Selection of management poor
Staff Nurse Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2017
A very clickish workplace culture. A typical day at work involved a 4 baby assignment, being pulled to General Nursery or Level III. Unfair assignments. Being pulled to other units out of turn due to friendships/bonds of charge nurses with staff nurses.
Nice place to work, but growth is limited
Sterile Processing Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2017
It is a nice place to work. The pay is not as well as I would like for the Sterile Processing Department. Administration and management is easy to get along with and listens to your concerns
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Understaffed
It was a great place to work!
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2017
I loved the patients and the staff, but unfortunately I had to leave due to a broken arm. My position was subsequently filled, and although I was on a leave of absence until January, 2017, there are currently no jobs in my field available.
very busy women's hospital in Houston Med Center
Nurse Manger of Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2017
I worked in surgery which was a very busy, under staffed unit. Many times, staff were forced to stay because there were no staff to relieve them on their cases. As the manager, I relieved and gave lunches on a daily basis which, in turn, forced me to stay late to get my work completed. The staff in this department have been pampered and catered to for so long, they do not know how to react when soemthing doesn't go their way.

In addition, the standards of care and everyday practices were unsafe in my opinion. CRNA to MD ratio to cover were not appropriate. In addition, Universal Protocol (time-out process) was not consistently practiced and not viewed as a necessary part of practice.
Pros
Staff were valued. Lunches, movie tickets, etc. were consistently being given to staff.
Cons
long working hours
Love my co-workers
Registered Nurse- Labor and Delivery (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Overall, fulfilling and rewarding job. I've worked at worse hospitals. For the most part I love my co-workers. The unit stays busy though, so it can be exhausting. I feel that I have learned a lot here and am sad to leave. Am only leaving due to husband's job relocation.
Womans Health Care Hospital
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 26, 2016
Worked as a PRN Unit Secretary, mainly every weekend (Sat and Sun) 7a to 7pm.

A typical day is just like any other healthcare facility.
Pros
Employee Patient Care
Cons
Overall great facility to work for
Staff RN I (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 4, 2016
The Woman's Hospital recruited me while I was still in college. As my first job as an RN, I learned more than I ever imagined I needed to learn. I met several phenomenal women, RNs, that I am still close friends with today. I am proud to say I was part of their family.
I love it here
Unit Secretary Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2016
I loved womans i was thought so much here. from the admintrative staff to the regular employees. great place to work. my only reason for leaving was because i had to care for a sick family member.
Pros
loved everything
Cons
none to me
Overall great place to work
Labor and Delivery Admitting Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2015
Woman's Hospital is a great place to work. The staff and the administration is exceptional. It is a fun family environment with people who truly care about each other. I enjoyed my time there and would encourage anyone to work there. Great atmosphere to work.
Pros
Great atmosphere with fun loving staff.
Cons
The pay is lower than other hospitals
Always willing to work with your schedule
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2015
A typical day her is seeing lots of baby's being born. Things that I learned were communicating with others and working consistent pace. Working in this hospital also teaches me how to manage my time. The hardest part of this job can be dealing with some of the patients and their families. The most enjoyable part of this job is having the chance to see babies been born.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
short breaks
Productive Days
Staff RN - Postpartum (Former Employee) –  7800 Fannin St., Houston, Texas 77054November 30, 2014
I have worked all three shifts: 7-3, 3-11, 11-7 and loved working with coworkers

Provided nursing care to patients in this large community hospital
Review reports of patient's general physical conditions, reactions to medications, and medical histories
Prepare equipment and aid physician during patient exams and treatment
Administered prescribed medications and treatments
Admissions and Discharge patients
Pros
Great Insurance
Cons
Being pulled to another floor
good please work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2014
I enjoy working there very friendly people. I even made team leader in housekeeping than I apply for unit secretary and I got it and that was accomplished that did.
Nice place to work
Registered Nurse, Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2014
I worked in labor and delivery. This was a very busy unit but still provided one on one care, which I loved.
Pros
One on one care
A very good work Envioremnt
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 26, 2012
The Womans Hospital of Texas is a very respectful and good work enviroment to work at. The Managers and Directors treat there employees very well and always work with the employee schedule.
Working as a Unit Secretary
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 19, 2012
I work night shifts. I work in NICU Level 2. My job right now includes admitting and discharging babies. Calling doctors,on the request of nurses. Making and updating information in MEDITECH. And helping around the unit as needed. I do not find anything hard in the job am doing. and I enjoy my job a lot. But I want to start working in Health Information field, so I can pursue what I have studied.