The Wood Group Employee Reviews in United States

Positive workplace
Administrator/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXJuly 12, 2016
Greet everyone as i arrive, check e-mails, talk with the Liaison at my facility about clients and communicate with other staff members to make sure the facility is being ran in a reasonable manner. I have learned better leadership and how to communicate with people while they are under stress and hostile. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people in crisis situations, and talking with all of my clients.
Pros
Being able to help others
Cons
Getting attached to the clients.
Unorganized & Unappreciated + Toxic work environment
Assistant Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 7, 2016
Some of this review includes another company ATCIC but as both work together in facility it would be an incomplete review.

To the credit of immediate supervisors there were a couple of good ones that would go to bat for techs. But overall the feeling of being unappreciated was common among employees. Especially with the parent company ATCIC who The Wood Group(TWG) is contracted to.

Rules changed daily, very little to no structure. Which leads to difficulty on the floor and interactions with clients. So because ATCIC/or TWG at times couldn't make up their mind techs got yelled at frequently by clients.

Clients who were inappropriate to admit to facility were admitted anyways to the detriment of themselves, other clients, and staff. Don't expect ATCIC to listen or care about you or your opinions.

Unethical for both The Wood Group and ATCIC in practices

VERY limited upward mobility

Because of the nature of the job and the handling of the companies there is a good turnover rate so pretty much anyone with a heartbeat is hired... which as you can probably imagine does not make for the best coworkers.

The most toxic people I encountered while with TWG were actually with ATCIC.. who are supposedly the professionals there such as case workers & Program Managers. Catty, gossiping, throwing under the bus, fake smile while stabbing in back, overall drama nonsense I didn't even experience in HS. All while they hold an attitude of superiority.

So I would not recommend it for environment, management, and treatment of staff.
Pros
Mostly good (tech) coworkers, free leftover food.
Cons
Unorganized, Unappreciated, Toxic
Low pay
Residential Aide (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXMarch 16, 2016
Administrator not professional, staff dressed very unprofessional & a dress code needs to be inforced. Facility beyond nasty, all rooms are gross, the pay is $8.25 an hour, high turn over, you get no breaks, no way to move up, just a dead end job. I loved helping the clients but stressful & not appreciated
Pros
Laid back
Cons
No breaks & low pay
Trouble in paradise
RN (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXOctober 25, 2015
It was an amazing job very easy very enjoyable but the staff got along very poorly. There was no communication between shift changes which left the next set of staff clueless to what needed to be done & it made work harder than it should have been.
Pros
EASY GOING JOB
Cons
STAFF WERE ALL THE BOSS'S FRIENDS WHICH MADE HARDER FOR HER TO CONTROL
Not a great work enviroment, nice coworkers.
Warehouse foreman (Former Employee) –  Humble , TxAugust 28, 2015
Working for the Wood group was a little trying at times. Management was going through a change when the company was bought out by Ethos Energy. Over the 4 years, at the beginning, advancement seemed possible, but as years passed work load got heavier and position or wage never changed.
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
Manager positions were unclear.
Productive work environment, cooking, cleaning, and attending the consumers
Mental Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 7, 2015
A typical day at work where cooking, cleaning, monitor mental health consumers. I enjoy making the consumers smile, happy. Team player..
Pros
free food
Cons
racoons outide the work area
days at the wood
Corporate Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 22, 2015
had to oversee each of the 5 restaurants, lead the line in two of the restaurants and close one of them did all the ordering inventory hiring and firing.
I Loved working with this co.
Food Manager/ Residential assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 18, 2015
As I arrived to work I would greet employees. and began my day by washing my hands.so I can start to prepare the meals for the day and at the end of the day I would clean the kitchen.
Pros
some times i would get free meals.
Cons
very hard work. a lot of standing.
great job opertunities
Lead operator (Current Employee) –  creole laSeptember 29, 2014
very busy, working 12 hour days, cleaning, operating, trouble shooting
Pros
feed and house you
Cons
hard work
Unethical
Case Worker (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 3, 2014
Everything about this company is unethical , we were told by our supervisor to put more hr in our notes.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Contract work through the Wood Group
UK - Project Advisor (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDJune 11, 2014
Worked as an advisor in Scotland for a Customer Service Center global consolidation into 2 strategically placed Support Centers, one in Houston and one in Glasgow. It was a great opportunity to travel and assist with validation of project estimates.
Pros
travel and involvement with a team of people
Cons
contract work is temporary
can be a nice place with the right clients
Resident Specialist (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXMay 16, 2014
a typical work day you would cook dinner for the clients, administer medications, clean (sweep,mop,dust,laundry etc.). I learned how to assist clients with getting things that they needed dealing with mental health, how to administer there medications at the correct time and the correct amount, keep a log of the medications,where the clients are every 15 min and how to do an inventory of the clients things when they come in and how to discharge the clients at the end of there time at the facility. Management is ok could be better if they were more involved with the associates and actually trained them properly in all aspects of the job also if they all knew all of the job instead of just part of it and having you talk to some one else due to them not knowing what it is that you are having a problem with or how to tell you to fix it. the other associates are fairly easy to get along with for the most part but all lack the proper training due to management not training them properly just going off a book that isn't completely correct. the hardest part of the job was doing the clients inventory due to the fact that u cannot touch their stuff so its easy for them to hide things like medication in their stuff. helping clients to get stable on their medications and other things so they can move onto the next part of their life.
Pros
if there's enough food after you feed the clients then you can eat what they are having.
Cons
no breaks, lunches, or benefits
Horrible places to work
do it all (Former Employee) –  El PasoMarch 15, 2014
STAY AWAY: Supervisor works you 50-70 hrs a week. I did not learn a thing at least from management. To much work for a lot less then minimum wage.
Pros
no pros
Cons
everything about this company
They don't value there employees.
residential specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TxFebruary 22, 2014
At all! A star is required for a review; it's self explanatory.
Very rewarding job working with Mental Health Clients
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Angleton, TXDecember 10, 2013
Every day is different at The Wood Group, you never have a typical day. I managed 15 Mental Health Aides and instilled the importance of teamwork in them. I worked with the clients and my main goal was to get them integrated back into society and to help them overcome any obstacles that they may have faced in order to get them to live a normal everyday life. The hardest part of the job was working with clients who had no desire to help themselves. The most enjoyable part of the job was having the ability to make a difference in these peoples lives.
Pros
helping to make a difference in peoples lives
Cons
no room for advancement
Company does not care about the lowest paid employees
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 8, 2013
Mental health aides do not get compensated enough for all the work they do.
This employment was challanging and rewarding at the same time as our clients with mental disabilities were helped with their daily needs.
Rehab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXOctober 19, 2012
My day started by picking up my client's and seeing what their daily need was for that day either medical or personal such as needing groceries or getting assistance with paying their utilities. Management and co-workers worked well with each other as we helped each other if one had an appointment at same time with another client because of doctor's appointments or community appointments. I learned what the meaning of mental illness was and how to better deal with their needs. The hardest part of this job was that sometimes our clients did not take their medications and would end up being sectioned to a hospital for as long as 3 months at times. Something they did not like.
Pros
being there for my clients at their time of need.
Cons
we did lose some of our clients to death.
Love helping people that is in need.
tech (Current Employee) –  Austin, TxJune 12, 2012
Love working there but need Advancement.
The hardest part of the job is listening to some of the stories of the clients.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wood Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5