The Wood Group Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Not a place you wanna work at if you have family or want time off
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TX 75069November 10, 2017
You work all the time, not enough staff so you can't have a day off to enjoy it. They get mad at you when you do take off. The management sucks and there never coordinated or have the same rules cause they change it all the time. They tell you make sure you have your shift covered if you take off and when some does they call it no show no call and let ppl go. So it's pointless to ask some one to cover for you.
Pros
Cons
You bust your butt for nothing and they expect allot from you for 10 an hour.
Great company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Borger, TXOctober 12, 2017
I was contracted to work at ConocoPhillips through the Wood Group. I had very little contact with people from the Wood Group, but had very few problems working through them. The pay was good, benefits were exceptional for a contract position, and I would work for them again at every opportunity. I was laid off by ConocoPhillips as one of 900+ workers across the US.
Pros
GREAT benefits
Cons
None that come to mind.
Denton great place to work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 9, 2017
The facility in Denton has a great group of staff who ensures the safety and overall well being of every client we serve. We enjoy each and every client and work together to develop ways to work with the clients needing more assistance. Each client has a behavior plan we use to prevent negative behaviors. Most shifts the staff is just hanging out with clients preparing meals and light cleaning. We provide our clients with several fun activities for whatever level they may be on. Every staff is a valuable part of our team. The corporate office is always there to assist us with any issues that may occur. Corporate checks in with us periodically to see if we need anything. They are always very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Great work environment, benefits, fair pay
Cons
Is we need more staff but everyone helps out
Not bad, but not great.
Mental Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJune 3, 2017
Usually consisted of cleaning, cooking, paperwork, and stress.
I learned several things about controlling anger, and having understanding for others and patience. I've learned quite a bit about cooking, I've learned many many medical terms and medical techniques. I was taught CPR and qualified for it. I also learned a lot about medications, and medication safety.
The management is good, some of the staff tends to be lazy, take shortcuts or find other ways around certain situations, and our manager does what she can to make them stop, as it messes up the system we have.
It's a very medically oriented job, where you essentially have to be a psychiatrist, but without the fancy words and qualifications to give advise or diagnostics.
The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with completely unreasonable clients that think it's okay to throw chairs around and scream threats at the top of their lungs, or on the other hand, forget what you said literally 20 seconds ago, or worse, yell at you and call you every name under the sun and have to just deal with it and work around it. Then there's the occasional client who needs help, but doesn't "meet the criteria" so we have to be heartless and kick them out.. which happens a lot.
...or if you have ADHD like me, the paper work is GOD AWFUL.
The most enjoyable part of the job, is when one of the clients who genuinely want help, start crying, and thanking you for helping them. It really does make your heart quiver a little bit.
Pros
Free Food, Flexible Schedule, and A LOT of overtime.
Cons
Staff fluctuates a lot, No breaks, dealing with completely unreasonable clients.
stressful and poor mangement
Residential specialist (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXMarch 2, 2017
The Wood Group was one of the most dreadful companies to work for they do not care about there hard working employees and do not have there employees back but I enjoyed being there for the clients and the experience was a plus .
Good job
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 10, 2017
The job was enjoyable. The only thing unpleasant about the job was some of the clients were disrespectful. Great hours.
Great Clients
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXJanuary 22, 2017
Very rude administrator constantly gossips about prior admins. Corporate was very nice except One which made me quit the new administrator is never there makes up her own rules makes staff go in clients rooms turn on their light and that caused a worker to get punched in the face very unsafe working environment staff don't get along well the Gulf Coast Case Manager is Spectacular with helping the clients
Pros
Learn about mental health
Cons
Hostile work place
clients are great
Assistant Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXNovember 30, 2016
assist clients on everyday needs with appointments and everyday chores, taking clients shopping and the programs, taking clients to home visits, taking clients to store, assisting grooming
Unorganized & Unappreciated + Toxic work environment
Assistant Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 7, 2016
Some of this review includes another company ATCIC but as both work together in facility it would be an incomplete review.

To the credit of immediate supervisors there were a couple of good ones that would go to bat for techs. But overall the feeling of being unappreciated was common among employees. Especially with the parent company ATCIC who The Wood Group(TWG) is contracted to.

Rules changed daily, very little to no structure. Which leads to difficulty on the floor and interactions with clients. So because ATCIC/or TWG at times couldn't make up their mind techs got yelled at frequently by clients.

Clients who were inappropriate to admit to facility were admitted anyways to the detriment of themselves, other clients, and staff. Don't expect ATCIC to listen or care about you or your opinions.

Unethical for both The Wood Group and ATCIC in practices

VERY limited upward mobility

Because of the nature of the job and the handling of the companies there is a good turnover rate so pretty much anyone with a heartbeat is hired... which as you can probably imagine does not make for the best coworkers.

The most toxic people I encountered while with TWG were actually with ATCIC.. who are supposedly the professionals there such as case workers & Program Managers. Catty, gossiping, throwing under the bus, fake smile while stabbing in back, overall drama nonsense I didn't even experience in HS. All while they hold an attitude of superiority.

So I would not recommend it for environment, management, and treatment of staff.
Pros
Mostly good (tech) coworkers, free leftover food.
Cons
Unorganized, Unappreciated, Toxic
Low pay
Residential Aide (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXMarch 16, 2016
Administrator not professional, staff dressed very unprofessional & a dress code needs to be inforced. Facility beyond nasty, all rooms are gross, the pay is $8.25 an hour, high turn over, you get no breaks, no way to move up, just a dead end job. I loved helping the clients but stressful & not appreciated
Pros
Laid back
Cons
No breaks & low pay
always busy prepare to be very social
Residential Specialist /Mental health tech (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXDecember 4, 2015
fair staff most of the time

management lacking in several dept.

co-worker most are great but very high employee turnover

hardest part is keeping a cool calm collective manner with clients

most enjoyable part was goin home
Cons
no lunch break never got a raise in 4 yrs, no growth potential in this co.
Trouble in paradise
RN (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXOctober 25, 2015
It was an amazing job very easy very enjoyable but the staff got along very poorly. There was no communication between shift changes which left the next set of staff clueless to what needed to be done & it made work harder than it should have been.
Pros
Easy going job
Cons
Staff were all the boss's friends which made harder for her to control
Not a great work enviroment, nice coworkers.
Warehouse foreman (Former Employee) –  Humble , TxAugust 28, 2015
Working for the Wood group was a little trying at times. Management was going through a change when the company was bought out by Ethos Energy. Over the 4 years, at the beginning, advancement seemed possible, but as years passed work load got heavier and position or wage never changed.
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
Manager positions were unclear.
Productive work environment, cooking, cleaning, and attending the consumers
Mental Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 7, 2015
A typical day at work where cooking, cleaning, monitor mental health consumers. I enjoy making the consumers smile, happy. Team player..
Pros
free food
Cons
racoons outide the work area
days at the wood
Corporate Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 22, 2015
had to oversee each of the 5 restaurants, lead the line in two of the restaurants and close one of them did all the ordering inventory hiring and firing.
I Loved working with this co.
Food Manager/ Residential assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 18, 2015
As I arrived to work I would greet employees. and began my day by washing my hands.so I can start to prepare the meals for the day and at the end of the day I would clean the kitchen.
Pros
some times i would get free meals.
Cons
very hard work. a lot of standing.
great job opertunities
Lead operator (Current Employee) –  creole laSeptember 29, 2014
very busy, working 12 hour days, cleaning, operating, trouble shooting
Pros
feed and house you
Cons
hard work
Unethical
Case Worker (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 3, 2014
Everything about this company is unethical , we were told by our supervisor to put more hr in our notes.
Contract work through the Wood Group
UK - Project Advisor (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDJune 11, 2014
Worked as an advisor in Scotland for a Customer Service Center global consolidation into 2 strategically placed Support Centers, one in Houston and one in Glasgow. It was a great opportunity to travel and assist with validation of project estimates.
Pros
Travel and involvement with a team of people
Cons
Contract work is temporary
can be a nice place with the right clients
Resident Specialist (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXMay 16, 2014
a typical work day you would cook dinner for the clients, administer medications, clean (sweep,mop,dust,laundry etc.). I learned how to assist clients with getting things that they needed dealing with mental health, how to administer there medications at the correct time and the correct amount, keep a log of the medications,where the clients are every 15 min and how to do an inventory of the clients things when they come in and how to discharge the clients at the end of there time at the facility. Management is ok could be better if they were more involved with the associates and actually trained them properly in all aspects of the job also if they all knew all of the job instead of just part of it and having you talk to some one else due to them not knowing what it is that you are having a problem with or how to tell you to fix it. the other associates are fairly easy to get along with for the most part but all lack the proper training due to management not training them properly just going off a book that isn't completely correct. the hardest part of the job was doing the clients inventory due to the fact that u cannot touch their stuff so its easy for them to hide things like medication in their stuff. helping clients to get stable on their medications and other things so they can move onto the next part of their life.
Pros
if there's enough food after you feed the clients then you can eat what they are having.
Cons
no breaks, lunches, or benefits