TWFG is one of the largest privately held independent insurance agencies in the country and is headquartered in The Woodlands, TX. TWFG General Agency has over 2700 affiliated agents throughout the country. The General Agency Relationship Director is responsible for managing, developing, and promoting TWFG’s relationships with TWFG Agency Relationship Managers and Agents within our operating territory. This position has a strong emphasis on driving profitable growth with all of the companies we represent by increasing new business sales, identifying and contracting new general agents, training agencies and personnel, developing new agent leads, promoting agency profitability and ensuring adherence to carrier and company guidelines.
The General Agency Director will report directly to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing. Responsibilities will include:
- Day to day management of Agency Relationship Managers.
- Profitable development of all agencies within assigned territories including production and quality of business.
- Promote agents to quote and sell TWFG products.
- Establish and maintain relationships with agents.
- Support and assist with agency communications.
- Ability to evaluate agencies for growth potential.
- Stay current on carrier, industry, product, and pricing updates and changes.
- Identify prospective agents using established lead methods.
- Counsel and assist agents on matters of business placement and coverage.
- Evaluate qualifications and make appropriate recommendations for agency appointment.
- Schedule, organize and perform agent training and development.
- Gather, communicate, and follow up on feedback from agency principals, agents, and CSR’s.
- Complete agency evaluations and audits to assess production, audit results, profitability, quality of business, and adherence to guidelines.
- Review audits and compliance issues to establish corrective action plans as needed.
- Terminating agencies as needed.
- Market, promote and continue to develop the TWFG brand.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Management experience.
- Outside insurance sales experience as territory manager or marketing representative
- Personal & commercial P&C knowledge and general agency experience required.
- Valid Texas driver’s license.
- Working knowledge of independent agency operations
- Experience in training and developing agency staff.
- Ability to analyze data and develop strategic plans.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, agency management systems and CRM systems such as ACT!, Salesforce, etc.
Indeed - 16 months ago