The Woodlands Financial Group

The Woodlands Financial Group United States Employee Reviews

Overall good place, reasonably flexible company
UNDERWRITING TEAM LEAD (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXFebruary 28, 2015
A typical day would be reviewing submissions for high value markets - quoting and binding and assist with any other tasks assigned.

I learned about the basics of insurance in general, underwriting techniques of weighing risks and using underwriting tools to keep the book of business profitable.

Management was in a state of change and training so could sometimes not be very approachable.

My co-workers were hard workers and good people, we would work together to make sure all areas of underwriting (new business, renewals, endorsements, etc) were completed.

Hardest part of my job was overcoming some of the departments that were territorial and those employees that had a "it's not my job" mentality.

The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with our agents on a daily basis, and the challenge of each file since every file (especially with the high value market) required a different approach
No Management
Accounting (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXNovember 18, 2014
Pros: after work get togethers
Cons: management, will not pay for ce, or license up front, not enough money
Constantly being asked to do things that are out of my job description. I've learned a lot about insurance. Management in my department is very unprofessional, and insults employees when they are not around to their entire team. When someone is fired, or quits, every error is blamed on them. Upper Management does not properly address violations to codes of conduct. Some co workers are pleasant, and well meaning. Upper management has also blatantly told us that growth at this company is horizontal, not verticle.

Hardest part of the job is coming in. Most enjoyable part, is happy hour. It's a great place to be trained in the industry if you're young. I encourage you to continuously look for better opportunities.
Fast paced
Underwriter (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXJune 25, 2014
Pros: paid holidays
Cons: overworked
This company provided me with knowledge on the insurance industry. Learned how to accurately quote and underwrite risks.
Requires you to be at agency full time
Office Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: great incentives for new business, great way to learn the company
Cons: no health care, worked almost all year around, required to be there for the full 8-9 hours.
Typical day at work includes daily service work, new business goals are put on staff to meet daily, constant reminder to keep retaintion. With this company I took a lot of product management courses and customer service classes that helped me excel in the customer service insdustry. The hardest part of this job was dealing with angry customers and not having other options for them. The most enjoyable part of this job is having weekly lunches with office to discuss that weeks production, and create new incentives.
Productive, social workplace with honor and respect being at the core
underwriter and accountant, entry level (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXMarch 5, 2012
Pros: one hour lunches, benefits after six months
The Woodlands Financial Group was created about 14 years ago and has grown to be a well respected private company in Texas, as well as California. It is an insurance brokerage company from property, life and health, automotive and everything inbetween. There are opportunities to move up in the compnay, but they are not given, they have to be earned.