The Work Connection Employee Reviews

good enviornment
Part Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNJanuary 16, 2017
The work connection helped me find part time employment when I needed it. The were very easy to work with.
Always available.
Unethical Environment
Welder (Former Employee) –  Saint Croix Falls, WIMay 7, 2013
I went to work and did what I was told to. I learned how to Tig weld in a matter of week and was easy to teach as well. I had a refresher on how to read a blueprint as well as how to document my findings. The management of the Work Connection was never seen, and the management of Tenere where I worked never told the employees if they were doing well or poorly they just dismissed them. My co-workers were always fun but we all feared for our positions. The hardest part of the job was the ever changing environment and the lack of communication not only between employees but management as well. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I did work with good kind hearted people.
Pros
free lunches once a month or more
Cons
No advancement or full time positions
Summary of The Work Connection
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MNJuly 28, 2012
A typical day was extremely fast paced. Learned that waiting for career advancements is well worth the wait. Management was totally Awesome! She went way above and beyond duty. Co-workers were friendly and great, and always tried to make the job as fun as possible. Very excellent teamwork. The hardest part of the job was the fast paced work, and not enough workers to help lighten the load. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the striving and competing to keep up with the fast paced production, as well as being recognized often for working hard.
Pros
room for advancement or getting hired on with company that your contracted with.
Cons
pay wasn't enough to work that hard.
Got me the highest paying job ever held!
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 11, 2012
I raised my hourly wage four dollars and became an assistant warehouse manager with The Work Connection. They even featured me on the front page of their newsletter!
Pros
my work ethic brought me a great permanent job as a reward!
Cons
i had to work some low paying and dirty jobs to get that reward!
a typical day at work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 19, 2012
Seeking a challenging career with a growing company offering benefits and the opportunity for Advancement based on achievements and results.
Productive ,polite ,clean enviorment .
Workforce Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAOctober 14, 2014
My typical day at work involved contact with many people .Many of our clients were disappointed and worried .I learned the true meaning of compassion there .The management was outstanding ,very professional and understanding. My co-workers were ,for the most part extremely helpful and kind. The hardest part of my job was not finding a solution for someone .The best part of my job was seeing someone walk out the door with a smile and hope .
Pros
Getting to make a difference in someones life .
Cons
Having to leave this assignment
Temp associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJune 30, 2014
A typical day at work was not knowing if you would have the parts to build the utility vehicles. I learned a lot about what all goes into making a vehicle. Management was unfair at Altec. They had their favorite people who they considered for employment. And depending on the complaint a temp had, they decided whether it was important enough to address. Some of my co-workers were wonderful to work with. The hardest part of this job was trying to find something to do when we weren't business and all of the drama. The most enjoyable part was meeting people that you became friends with.
Professional company with small company feel
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 14, 2015
Identify and secure new accounts for employee benefits division. Bi-monthly training and meetings at Corps office. I was hired to expand market penetration in various industries, company had been mainly focused on light industrial prior to my hire.
Pros
Learned a lot about HR Depts needs regarding employee benefits
Cons
All communication was prescripted and no variation was allowed
productive place to work
Warehouse Worker/ Clean room (Former Employee) –  Forest Lake, MNJune 10, 2015
worked decent hours i learned different types of jobs the management was was great the co workers were awesome the hardest part of the job was having a job that was temporary and short term the enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Pros
Hours
Cons
short term jobs
fun place
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNFebruary 6, 2016
Every assignment was different, alot off fun place to work.. The Supervisor was cool and the coworkers was great... Good on the job training at work site
Its ok
Temp-CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 20, 2012
After filling out resume was hired immediately. The only thing is the work environment was unhealthy. I was shot in the genitals with an air gun 50lbs of air pressure. Racial slurs during lunch. Work connection did nothing to solve the problems, so I quit. Also many mistakes with payroll.
Pros
job instantly
Cons
poor management, bad clients, and payroll is terrible
App. in training
Apprentance electrician. (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 8, 2014
It was an alright most days but working with a different supervisor each week was hard because each one had a different way of doing a job. Sometimes confusing but I learned to give what each wanted.
Pros
Great advancement and training.
Cons
Instructions by tradespeople were not always clear.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Saint Croix Falls, WINovember 4, 2013
Work with other's to troubleshoot issues in the factory. Had to work as a team to complete projects. Management was well trained and co-workers were friendly. There was not really anything difficult and I really enjoyed it.
Strict Work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MNJune 5, 2014
This is a decent job for anyone who has trouble looking for work. They'll hire you and find work for you right away. Unfortunately they only work with the Schwans Company, so the work hours are a bit difficult. Any assembly jobs include standing for a very long time with two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute break. The manual labor is very repetitive and tiring when working 8-12 hour shifts that vary upon completion.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Labor intensive
Temp Job
Distribution Center Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNDecember 19, 2013
Temp Job only there short time, company that I worked for management was very rude to employees
worst experience ever
any (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 17, 2012
I heard about TWC on the news . After being excepted for placement for a second shift they then said it was full at the last minute. When I called the following day manager said She would call by the end of the day and said to be ready and she would call me back early enough to give me time to get to work. I was ready but no call not even the following day. Very unprofessional experience.
was not to bad
assembler (Former Employee) –  Turtle Lake, WIJanuary 19, 2014
when we got to work we would have to find an open spot on the line and that is where we would be the whole night. sometimes we would be putting slip covers on or pad printing, bagging, boxing, or snapping the parts together. I got along well with all my coworkers that is something I usually don't have a problem with.
Pros
the job was very simple and if you had a question about something you always got an anwser
Cons
you only got 2 - 10min brakes for 8 hours and no lunch brake
Productive place to work, Great starting wages and knowledgable staff
Temporary Service Work (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 4, 2013
A good place to find employment for those who need quick cash. Not very reliable as far as permanent employment goes.
Pros
knowledgable staff and very good starting wages!!!
Cons
"brief" employment, not guaranteed to have steady work!!
Challenging responsibility
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MNAugust 5, 2014
I learned that it is just as difficult for a company to find work for individuals as it is for the individual to find the work. The highest reward for this occupation is when I was able to successfully place a well-qualified individual with a position that accurately matched the skills and abilities presented.
Very interesting place to work.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Various locations thoughtout the northern suburbsApril 30, 2015
Able to work with people of diverse backgrounds. Very satisfied at the end of the day knowing that you helped someone by helping them find employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Work Connection. Our community is ready to answer.