The Work Connection Employee Reviews in United States

fun place
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNFebruary 6, 2016
Every assignment was different, alot off fun place to work.. The Supervisor was cool and the coworkers was great... Good on the job training at work site
Professional company with small company feel
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 14, 2015
Identify and secure new accounts for employee benefits division. Bi-monthly training and meetings at Corps office. I was hired to expand market penetration in various industries, company had been mainly focused on light industrial prior to my hire.
Pros
Learned a lot about HR Depts needs regarding employee benefits
Cons
All communication was prescripted and no variation was allowed
productive place to work
Warehouse Worker/ Clean room (Former Employee) –  Forest Lake, MNJune 10, 2015
worked decent hours i learned different types of jobs the management was was great the co workers were awesome the hardest part of the job was having a job that was temporary and short term the enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Pros
Hours
Cons
short term jobs
Very interesting place to work.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Various locations thoughtout the northern suburbsApril 30, 2015
Able to work with people of diverse backgrounds. Very satisfied at the end of the day knowing that you helped someone by helping them find employment.
They are very disorganised.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Forest Lake, MNMarch 25, 2015
They gave my personal identification information to another person and still have not attempted to apologize or make it right in any form.
Was a good company
Packaged food, Lead a team (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIFebruary 23, 2015
They are now no longer in business, but they were friendly and wanted to get you a job as fast as they could. Very professional and also very inviting.
App. in training
Apprentance electrician. (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 8, 2014
It was an alright most days but working with a different supervisor each week was hard because each one had a different way of doing a job. Sometimes confusing but I learned to give what each wanted.
Pros
great advancement and training.
Cons
instructions by tradespeople were not always clear.
Productive ,polite ,clean enviorment .
Workforce Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAOctober 14, 2014
My typical day at work involved contact with many people .Many of our clients were disappointed and worried .I learned the true meaning of compassion there .The management was outstanding ,very professional and understanding. My co-workers were ,for the most part extremely helpful and kind. The hardest part of my job was not finding a solution for someone .The best part of my job was seeing someone walk out the door with a smile and hope .
Pros
getting to make a difference in someones life .
Cons
having to leave this assignment
Challenging responsibility
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MNAugust 5, 2014
I learned that it is just as difficult for a company to find work for individuals as it is for the individual to find the work. The highest reward for this occupation is when I was able to successfully place a well-qualified individual with a position that accurately matched the skills and abilities presented.
Temp associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJune 30, 2014
A typical day at work was not knowing if you would have the parts to build the utility vehicles. I learned a lot about what all goes into making a vehicle. Management was unfair at Altec. They had their favorite people who they considered for employment. And depending on the complaint a temp had, they decided whether it was important enough to address. Some of my co-workers were wonderful to work with. The hardest part of this job was trying to find something to do when we weren't business and all of the drama. The most enjoyable part was meeting people that you became friends with.
Strict Work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MNJune 5, 2014
This is a decent job for anyone who has trouble looking for work. They'll hire you and find work for you right away. Unfortunately they only work with the Schwans Company, so the work hours are a bit difficult. Any assembly jobs include standing for a very long time with two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute break. The manual labor is very repetitive and tiring when working 8-12 hour shifts that vary upon completion.
Pros
great hours
Cons
labor intensive
Misleading
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 25, 2014
I applied for a computer technician position, but the job was more of a factory/warehouse job
Pros
can't think of one
Cons
low pay misleading advertisement for the job
was not to bad
assembler (Former Employee) –  Turtle Lake, WIJanuary 19, 2014
when we got to work we would have to find an open spot on the line and that is where we would be the whole night. sometimes we would be putting slip covers on or pad printing, bagging, boxing, or snapping the parts together. I got along well with all my coworkers that is something I usually don't have a problem with.
Pros
the job was very simple and if you had a question about something you always got an anwser
Cons
you only got 2 - 10min brakes for 8 hours and no lunch brake
Temp Job
Distribution Center Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNDecember 19, 2013
Temp Job only there short time, company that I worked for management was very rude to employees
Great Employer
Forklift Operator/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 20, 2013
A very good company to work for. Good wage and staffing agents were helpful.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Saint Croix Falls, WINovember 4, 2013
Work with other's to troubleshoot issues in the factory. Had to work as a team to complete projects. Management was well trained and co-workers were friendly. There was not really anything difficult and I really enjoyed it.
good temp company
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 14, 2013
always have had a good relationship with them, have been placed in a number of very good companies
Pros
temp company
Cons
sometimes it will take them a while to place personel
boring
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Campbellsville, KYOctober 5, 2013
no family life at all.. slow, boring nd rude ppl... nothing good about it... worked at mmus through twc.
Pros
pays good
Cons
terrible everything else
Light Industry worked with cookies
light Indusrty (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WISeptember 26, 2013
Loved working for the Work Connection.. Great place to work.
Pros
bonues, free cookies
Cons
change of clothes all the time
production worker
Assembly Welder/Floater (Current Employee) –  Bardstown, KYSeptember 10, 2013
assemble parts with resistance welder to meet production demands
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
no health care