Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems in order to plan, design, develop, and launch efficient business, financial, and operations systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes. This includes gathering and analyzing data in support of business standards, business requirements, proposed projects, and systems requirements. Provide technical support to end users; troubleshooting issues and resolving them in a timely matter.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead design sessions in prototyping new systems for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Interface with both in-house and vendor development resources to define required system modifications and test those changes prior to deploying to the production environment.
- Conduct research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in systems across the organization.
- Create system design proposals.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
- Create systems models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmers.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, and other post-implementation support.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Provide end-user support of existing systems and troubleshoot issues as required.
- Confer with personnel of organizational units to analyze current operational procedures, identify problems, and learn specific input and output requirements such as forms of data input, how data is to be summarized, and formats for reports.
- Prepare workflow charts and diagrams to specify in detail operations to be performed by equipment and computer programs and operations to be performed by personnel in system
- Implement systems upgrades in both test and production.
- Assist in the detailed requirements definition for use in selecting and accessing vendor-supplied software.
- Work with software developers and other end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Take ownership of the Incident Management process and act as the final point of technical escalation on P&C and Workers Compensation application issues, diagnosing root cause through a structured process of investigation.
- Proactively identify problem trends and known error conditions and work towards a permanent solution.
Formal Education & Work Experience
- College Degree with 3-5 year experience as an analyst or related position in the computer field within the insurance industry or 10 years as an insurance professional.
- Project Management and Business Analysis experience in the areas P&C and Workers Compensation insurance claims with a background in Information Technology and/or Operations
- Proficient in MS Office
- Work on and keep track of multiple tasks and assignments.
- Possess good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Handle interruptions and distractions with ease and ability to get back on task once problem is resolved.
- Grasp new concepts/information/systems functions quickly and gain proficiency.
- Experience with SQL reporting is a plus
The Wright Insurance Group has a professional corporate working environment, with a unique and friendly atmosphere. In order to attract and develop an exceptionally talented and committed staff, The Wright Insurance Group offers an innovative and comprehensive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, life, enhanced disability, flexible spending, 401(k) plan with company match, and liberally paid holidays and vacations. In addition, The Wright Insurance Group offers our employees the opportunity to participate in a variety of company outings and group sporting activities.