This position will be responsible for maintaining, monitoring & analyzing all manufacturing costs, developing end-product pricing strategies, financial modeling & reporting and balancing competing priorities.
1. Prepare recurring and ad-hoc variance analyses & reporting regarding standard to actual costing.
a. Audit current standards costs in Vicinity for all raw materials by working closely with the purchasing department.
b. Develop costing-related deliverables for senior management such as periodic (e.g. weekly) production costs, conversion of units to dollars and controllable vs. non-controllable costs.
c. Analyzing actual manufacturing costs comparing standard cost to actual production costs
2. On a monthly basis audit and document variance analysis with regards to trial balance accounts
3. Analyze annual customer reviews or changes that have been made in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided and vendor price increases to determine effects on costs and comparing profitability of current pricing. Provide all documentation needed to determine price changes to insure profitability.
a. Compare original pricing worksheets to current pricing worksheets against customer contracts (Schedule A) to ensure revised pricing ensures profitability.
4. Prepare pricing worksheets for new products.
5. Assist in managing the budget and profit plan by partnering with sales, purchasing and production.
1. Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
2. Must have 2-5 years of experience in accounting in a business setting. Cost Accounting experience (preferably in a manufacturing setting) a plus.
3. CPA or CMA certification(s) preferred but not required
4. Computer literate- strong Microsoft Excel skills required
5. Experience with integrated financial systems, Vicinity, and Great Plains software a plus
6. Must have analytical skills and understanding of accounting principles.