ThedaCare Employee Reviews

Managers do not respect home/work balance
Operating Room Assistant (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 19, 2017
Job description does not match job duties, no effort to improve it, instead going the opposite direction.
All attempts to change positions within Thedacare were made difficult-nepotism, transfer rules, managers holding in current position, candidates with fewer qualifications hired because they interviewed well
Pros
Good pay for easy work
Cons
No respect for home/work balance
Over worked under paid
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIJuly 17, 2017
Not a pleasant place to work. Over worked treated like a slave. Neuro nurses very rude bossy and lazy. Poor team work on the floor. Management pushes way to hard. Cna's are way under paid .training is a joke Very disappointed working for theda care.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Treated like garbage
Loved working with patients and managing their connective tissue disease in Rheumatology
Nurse Practitioner Rheumatology (Former Employee) –  Neenah WIJuly 16, 2017
Loved working with patients and managing their connective tissue diseases, getting to them as a person and helping them cope with their disease. Staff was friendly
Cons
No lunch breaks; micromanagment
Stay Away from the Lab
Histotechnologist (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 16, 2017
Management within the lab, especially Histology NEEDS IMPROVEMENT to say the least. Upper management and HR do not feel a qualified, experienced individual is required to supervise certified, experienced technicians...they are expected to 'supervise each other' and themselves. For anyone who has worked in such an environment, it creates hostility and discourse among co-workers. Errors have gone unreported; they've even been 'shoved under the rug'. Co-workers do not want to police their peers and the supervisor is not qualified to correct the errors. This creates an unsafe environment for Theda Care patients.
New beautiful building/grounds
Clinical Dietary Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Berlin, WIJune 10, 2017
Integrated to Thedacare axp 2yrs, many good changes. Education for management always in Valley, valuable time wasted on road =long day when back to office. Focus on "numbers" at current facility. My focus. staff & residents.(patients)
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long hrs weekends holidays
Great place to work with great benefits
Coding and Auditing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIMay 14, 2017
Fast paced environment with constant changes in the healthcare system. Friendly coworkers to work with who are always willing to help each other no matter how busy they are.
just another dairy cow
Environmental Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Waupaca, WIMay 1, 2017
the boss doesn't care about your life, just another person and can be replaced at any point.
at the bottom and cant go anywhere without some sort of nursing degree.
CEO is very nice and actually cares about everyone that works there and shows it. but other management treats me poorly because I am not educated.
Not a place for me
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 1, 2017
Human Resources does not know what they are doing. They only advocate for management and not staff. Not a secure place to work. Benefits are ok. Co-workers are good for the most part.
Pros
Peers to work with are good for the most part
Cons
Incompetent Management and Human Resources
Treat older employees horribly
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 29, 2017
No benefits to remaining with this company. Have taken away many benefits. It is expected that clinical staff take lunch, but management does not facilitate this. Work environment has become one of fear and harassment. Thedacare has many values, but does not carry them out.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
No breaks/lunches, horrible management, cares about money, short staffed/constantly losing staff, too many new RNs
Very corporate-oriented
Executive Secretary/Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New London, WI 54961February 27, 2017
Employees are treated like numbers and are made aware that they can easily be replaced. I had a very bad experience. Was high up as I could go without that highly-valued piece of paper. Was basically rail-roaded out because I was making such a good wage and they knew they could replace me much cheaper.
Pros
good food available in the cafeteria
Cons
management
Good pay, ok benefits, poor management
Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 2, 2017
We have this cool thing here where if you do a great job, you get rewarded with more work.

It's nice working at hospital because there's a convenient cafeteria for meal breaks. Except for here because the food sucks and is expensive.
Good Company to Work For
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WI 54956January 11, 2017
Overall I enjoyed working for this company but left due to my manager not being able to give me full time hours. I tried to apply for other jobs within the company that offered full time hours, but was told I couldn't be hired because I hadn't stayed in my current position for at least a year. The training for my job was satisfactory, I definitely felt competent and prepared. The department I was in was a bit "cliquey" and manager didn't really help with that, but it was bearable during my time there.
Overall satisfied
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 14, 2016
I enjoy being a part of improving the quality of care provided to patients both at the bedside and behind the scenes. The organization has opportunity for growth and implements work/life balance into the decisions that affect front line staff.
Pros
Great people that make the work environment fun
Cons
Multiple transitions lead to change fatigue
N/a
Medical Records Staff (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 7, 2016
Good place to work but currently I do not see job security with them eliminating jobs and building a new hospital in the near future.
Company committed to bettering the health of the community it serves
Laboratory Technical Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 10, 2016
A typical day at work is busy, full of patient, provider, and Lab client interactions.
I have seen first hand that ThedaCare is committed to improving the health of the communities it serves. ThedaCare is nationally recognized for its healthcare improvement focus and Lean operating methods. Leaders in healthcare from around the world come to ThedaCare to learn how they too can improve. Groups of visitors from other health systems frequently visit the Lab to observe processes.
Management is knowledgeable about the departments they oversee. My colleagues in Lab leadership are motivated and understand the business of the Lab departments they supervise.
The hardest part of my job is leaving at the end of day knowing there are still "fires burning on my desk", multiple things I am working on.
The most enjoyable part of my job is problem solving, not merely finding resolution, but bringing improvement to situations.
Pros
Paid Time Off that increases with years of service
Cons
I work an average of 50 hours a week, salary is calcuated on a 40 hr work week
Work with an amazing team
leader (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 31, 2016
Staff are truly passionate about the care they deliver to patients and their family/care team. The organization has supported professional development.
Fast paced, full of variety in work experiences, and team focused.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Appeton, WI. 54911July 24, 2016
Have been here 11 years and have mostly loved it. Just wish they were not always so quick to flip flop things. When they do an improvement project it is as though the end result is already in mind. The project is simply to let the employees feel that they too have voice.
Pros
Great staff, awesome leadership, good food
Cons
Short breaks, missed messages on what expectarions are, and poor communication
thedacare
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 1, 2016
Everyone works as a team. Some days are harder but in the end we get things done safe.Right now the hardest part of the job is we are changing ways on staffing the floor. A typical day at work is 24 patients with 6 RN's that have 4 patients each and the LPN and CNA could have from 8-12 patients depending on staffing. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to watch the patients go home knowing that we did what we could to help them get back home safe to there loved ones.
Pros
12 hour shifts every 3rd weekend
Cons
pay rate
Registration
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 27, 2016
A typical day at work is coming on time knowing what your function is at the company. I would greet patients, register them for their appointment, then explain to them where they need to proceed. When I was there I did not have the greatest experience with management. The co-workers were wonderful to work with. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients.
Pros
patients, co-workers
Cons
management
Generally a good employer that is growing very fast.
Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 20, 2016
I really enjoy my work, but currently lack support from the onsite company I work at to be effective in my present role.

ThedaCare has been supportive as I transitioned back into family practice after being away from it for 10 years while in college health.

This has allowed me to grow in my confidence as a provider and working with EPIC.

The hardest part of the job is feeling isolated because I am usually the only provider working, and I have no support staff.

The most enjoyable, is being able to offer the services I enjoy doing the most.
Pros
Work autonomously in challenging role opening new clinics
Cons
Difficult to get assistance from management at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ThedaCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8