ThedaCare Employee Reviews

thedacare
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 1, 2016
Everyone works as a team. Some days are harder but in the end we get things done safe.Right now the hardest part of the job is we are changing ways on staffing the floor. A typical day at work is 24 patients with 6 RN's that have 4 patients each and the LPN and CNA could have from 8-12 patients depending on staffing. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to watch the patients go home knowing that we did what we could to help them get back home safe to there loved ones.
Pros
12 hour shifts every 3rd weekend
Cons
pay rate
Generally a good employer that is growing very fast.
Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 20, 2016
I really enjoy my work, but currently lack support from the onsite company I work at to be effective in my present role.

ThedaCare has been supportive as I transitioned back into family practice after being away from it for 10 years while in college health.

This has allowed me to grow in my confidence as a provider and working with EPIC.

The hardest part of the job is feeling isolated because I am usually the only provider working, and I have no support staff.

The most enjoyable, is being able to offer the services I enjoy doing the most.
Pros
Work autonomously in challenging role opening new clinics
Cons
Difficult to get assistance from management at times.
Fast paced, full of variety in work experiences, and team focused.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Appeton, WI. 54911July 24, 2016
Have been here 11 years and have mostly loved it. Just wish they were not always so quick to flip flop things. When they do an improvement project it is as though the end result is already in mind. The project is simply to let the employees feel that they too have voice.
Pros
Great staff, awesome leadership, good food
Cons
Short breaks, missed messages on what expectarions are, and poor communication
AMC was great. SMC doesn't care about staff
Rn (Former Employee) –  AMC, SMCJanuary 16, 2016
AMC- Loved working here. Staffing was great and appropriate staff:pt ratio. Doctors and nurse worked as a team so everyone was on the same page at all times. Definitely recommend for new nurses as there are a lot of educational experiences and patient doctors.
SMC-Expected to be available at all times regardless of FTE status. Supervisor does not put forth effort at effective communication. Doesn't staff for maximum patients, leaving short staffed when super busy. Unable to spend adequate time with patients. Would not recommend.
Pros
AMC- See in review, SMC- Good pay, nice co-workers
Cons
SMC- See review. Communication. Lies
Flexibile work environment, encouraged work/life balance, culture of continuous improvement
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 12, 2015
A typical day at work includes a healthy balance of knowns and unknowns. No one day is exactly like another. I monitor and control tasks, risks and communication needs while creatively responding to issues and concerns. I have learned that anxieties are not personal and that most people want to connect with strong partners in work they love. My management team leverages my strengths and teams me with others who are equally strong in different ways. The hardest part of the job is encouraging new project managers to take calculated risks. The most enjoyable part of my job is fostering growth within team members, both personally and professionally.
fastpaced surgical unit
clinical tech (Current Employee) –  Appleton, wiAugust 31, 2015
we start each day with report, how many surgicals there will be, discharges etc. I have learned so much about ortho surgery.
I could not ask for better management or co workers.....we work in teams and help each other always.The hardest part is it a fast paced floor....and is also the most enjoyable part too. I love the face paced atmosphere.
Pros
Co-workers really work as a team
Cons
sometimes short breaks if any some day.....nature of the business.
Cnat
Nursing Assistant Technician (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 16, 2013
 Wound Care
 Blood Pressures and Blood Sugars
 Residents cares
 Respiration
 Catherization and Urinary Analysis
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks
Working for Thedacare
Business Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIJuly 2, 2014
The part I didn't like about Thedacare was the distance to drive everyday.
benefits
Cons
driving distance
deception at its best
healthcare provider (Former Employee) –  Shawano, WIApril 1, 2014
I previously worked at Shawano ThedaCare. They were extremely nice when trying to hire me but once I was hired, I was not treated well. I was pressured by HR to change from being salaried to being paid hourly. Of course, I knew what HR was trying to do when they were trying to tell me that they only had my welfare at heart.They said, "Oh, you will make more money being hourly since you get paid overtime!" But of course, I knew they were really saying that "Now that we have you alone, we can make you afraid that you will lose your job if you don't change your contract...and you certainly had better not work overtime once you succumb to our pressure tactics!" In addition, managers and HR are quick to point out mistakes but not exceptional work or service.
The atmosphere of work has definitely darkened since the hospital has been taken over. Moral has decreased significantly. It's all about making money now. Even the patient surveys are biased. They only ask if patients are seen in a timely manner but they don't ask patients if they feel their care provider spent ENOUGH time with them. So as a worker there, you are not praised for giving your time for patients...only getting them in and out in an assemble-liine fashion. There are so many good and professional people who work there but when you are treated by HR and management as totally disposable and are not to have a mind of your own, only the most robotic of persons could be truly happy in that type of work environment. They even had spies to check if you wash your hands between patients. Any idiot would know that would only
  more... cause enmity among personnel. People will especially report those whom they do not care for and "forget" to report their friends. You know something is not right when a company has to resort to such immature tactics.
There are a great many individuals who work at Shawano Medical Center but beware of unethical HR/managerial tactics if you want to work there. Get the best possible contract you can and stipulate that HR can't turn around and then pressure you to take different terms than what you had been initially hired with. Talk with a lawyer in order to protect yourself before you make that final commitment. It's a shame that HR has to stoop to such tactics with such nice, friendly and hard-working staff.
Like I said, there are such nice people working at Shawano but management and HR treat you as less than human. Just be prepared legally before signing any contract with them!
Best of luck.
Pros
exceptionally nice and professional colleagues
Cons
sneaky tactics by hr and management
I think Thedacare is a great company to work for. It has great values and compassion for their clients.
Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  New London, WIAugust 17, 2013
I really enjoyed working for Thedacare as a whole, at the New London campus. My coworker and other New London campus department coworkers were very friendly, work orientated,and team players. Always willing to guide and lend a supportive network. However; The department I worked in lacked the ability to be supportive and constructive in the management role. Thus, leading to me being terminated for an unnecessary change in a policy. Having worked there for 7 years, I gained the respect and trust for the clients in the community that the Occupational health department served. I believe that I would still be employed with Thedacare if the management in the department I worked in could have been more supportive.
Pros
clean, safe, friendly work environment
Cons
department management
Loved the coworkers I had
Peabody Manor (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 28, 2015
The thing I am going to miss the most about not working for thedacare anymore is going to be my coworkers they were amazing!
I worked from home and enjoyed my job.
Medical Transcriptionist for Physician Services (Former Employee) –  Home basedOctober 31, 2012
I transcribed dictation from home. This was very beneficial for me because I was watching my grandchild at the time and was able to punch in very early and get my hours in before she came over. I worked 20 hours a week. I had no coworkers and I did miss that about working from home. I found the hardest part of my job was transcribing for a foreign doctor. I thoroughly enjoy typing and so the medical transcription career was a good fit.
Cons
medical transcription is being replaced by voice recognition.
Great workplace with so so hours & vacation
Clinical Lead- Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 28, 2013
I have worked in the hospital environment for 5 years as a RN. Overall great working environment, but the hours are tiring with little regularity. I work 7a-7p, 7p-7a with every 3rd weekend. Also it is very difficult to get off when you need to and use vacation. They are undergoing a huge project for whole healthcare system for hours, vacation, and hospital staffing which hopefully will help.
Pros
technology, working environment, management, continuous improvement
Cons
staffing, vacation policy, hours working
Former E.D. employee
URA (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 4, 2014
Management is very sneaky, they play favoritism, nepotism. Can never get approved for vacations, and vacations are not allowed on weekends. They have a horrible medical plan. Their sick policy is horrible. Schedule changes frequently,and they never tell you your schedule changes until they put it out. They are undergoing EPIC changes and no one knows what is going on. Staff are always in the dark. You are treated like a robot. Everyone is burned out.
The E.D. is the worse place to work.
Pros
patient care
Cons
can't get time off, rarely get breaks, schedule changes frequently
stay away from New London
Nursing (Former Employee) –  new LondonMay 21, 2015
Management is sneaky. Over worked and they don't care. you will be bullied at this place by management. turn over rate is very high.
Pros
I liked what I was doing
Cons
They bully people
A quality focused employer with good benefits
Director of Nursing Services (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 8, 2014
Learned about tIS and BPS. Was able to utilize these tools/process for the first time. Management was caring and compassionate about their work. A great team to work with. Hardest part of the job was keeping up withthe important clinical duties when outside meetings were added and required. The residenets and fmailies are the most enjoyable parat of the job. Also, being in a position to make quality changes.
Great company, great people.
Voice Recognition Editor, Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIApril 13, 2015
Typing, editing doctors' notes. Learned voice recognition software. Management helpful with questions. Hardest part: leaving on time. Most enjoyable: coworkers.
Pros
Work at home or in office
Friendly coworkers
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 22, 2015
For me there is no typical day at work, I work for the Resource Team which means I float to several clinic locations on a weekly basis. I have a flexible schedule that works well around any commitments I have outside of work. I enjoy traveling to different locations and working with a variety of people/personalities.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Healthcare has become frustrating
Love working with Patients
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WISeptember 26, 2014
Busy most days. Love working with the patients. Management is far removed from the process due to being overworked. Training is not as structured as I would hope. Coworkers are friendly and nice with which to work. The most difficult part of the job is dealing with the very few employees taking out-of-context conversations back to management.
Pros
friendly, coworkers
Cons
job training is not extremely structured
Great clinics to work for
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 13, 2014
I travel to anyone of our 22 clinics throughout WI. What's great about my job is I have the ability to adapt to different enivornments without feeling threatened and feel as if I am a part of the team even if I'm only there once a month or so. My communication skills are beyond a normal patient service representative as I have to overcome the common struggles of being the new person on a day to day basis. The best part about my job has been the hundreds of employees and doctors I have met throughout the years. I definitely think in the last five years I have learned more about myself and others in any other job or situation that I have encountered.
Pros
great healthcare
Cons
sometimes feel unappreciated by staff

2.9