Theory Employee Reviews

Productive and innovative brand to collaborate with!
Designer/Artist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 26, 2016
In November 2016 ‘Theory’ and RUSE released their first design collaboration. RUSE was hand selected by Theory’s CEO to be the first artist to collaborate with their brand new accessory and purse division. It was great working with a brand as sophisticated as Theory! The management team/my points of contact at Theory were all kind and innovative people!
easy going atmosphere where everyone knows everyone
picker,inventory, shipping receiving (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJNovember 11, 2016
great place to work and good hours if looking for a full time day job. Start at 8am and finish by 4:30pm Monday thru Friday. Great bosses and no stress.
Pros
adequate breaktimes
Cons
workplace romances
Average place to work for
Pattern Maker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2016
This is a big company and needs tighter management and oversee, many places to trim expenses and should not be at the expense of an employee.

Internal waste is obvious and could save the company loads of cash if managed well.
Pros
Big company
Cons
Not a family culture
Productive and Fun
Operations/HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 16, 2016
A day in the life at Theory is a wonderful place. Not only is it balanced with the right amount of work and play, it is a place to celebrate the love of fashion. Everyone is a team player. No one is beneath anyone else. We all work together to achieve a common goal, and that is making sure everyone who enters Theory, leaves happy and satisfied. As head of operations, I am lucky to be able to travel and work events. Which is by far the most fun thing I have ever done in a retail setting. Everyday is a learning experience. From tracking what comes through our doors and out to handling inventory. It's a great place for anyone with organizational skills to work their magic to get everything running smoothly.
Amazing workplace with great management
A Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2016
My store, which just opened up April 1st, has already exceeded store expectations and goals 3X times over expected sales. Motivating and empowering management.
Pros
Coffee, Snacks in the back, great commission
Cons
Long shifts due to short operating hours
Horrible management
Scale operator (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJJanuary 26, 2016
Former shipping worker in lyndhurst facility. Worst managers I've ever encountered. Treated like a sub human unless you are an office worker or management. Downright horrible place to work and wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy. The warehouse manager is a horrible human being who lies, cheats and insults his way through everyday.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
ok.
Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 16, 2016
it was ok working there I enjoyed it very much. I learned many things while working for this company. it was a great learning experience
Decent experience
sales associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2015
Management was tough and days were long with a small staff. Not a ton of room for advancement. Location put a lot of pressure on the store and staff.
Positive seasonal retail experience
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 8, 2015
Typical retail sales work. As a seasonal worker, it was part time. You do get two pieces of theory clothing when you start working, which is great.
Andrew Rosen is a visionary
ART DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2015
Theory is a warm family like company. The office functions as people being self management. Everyone is mainly responsible for their duties and self respect and professionalism is a requirement. Executives are very down to earth.
Demanding
Data Entry / New Hire Payroll Entries (Former Employee) –  LyndhurstJuly 15, 2015
Working for this company was not great. Management was the worst manager I ever encounter. She was rude and un professional. I was a temp there and I couldn't wait till my assignment was over.
The best retail you can get- but getting worse.
Director (Current Employee) –  North westJuly 2, 2015
When I started there, it was the best company in the game. Very relaxed. We were cool and we knew it. But know the focus has shifted to results and numbers and what once was exclusive luxury is being pushed on everyday people.
excellent coworkers
Sample Maker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2015
I enjoy the company . like the people I worked with in the past 5 years . best of all my experience with the company was great
It's a fun place to work and where we also know when to be professional when necessary
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, NYApril 15, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my day is when I help a customer shop for clothes that they need and see the smile on their faces because they are happy they found what they were looking for, and knowing that I had something to do with that. I enjoy all of my co-workers because we have all worked together for quite sometime and get along very well.
Passionate and creative work environment
Education & Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2015
I would start my day by organizing my manager's schedule. Finalizing her appointments, her meetings, arranging any paperwork she needed for the day etc.
I would then begin my work which included anything from editing previous documents, branding documents, and building Collection Training Guides from scratch.
Throughout my day I would have to manage creative work and deadlines with assistant-like tasks that occurred sporadically throughout the day.
Pros
Flexible work hours, Hard working environment, Kind co-workers
Cons
Not the desired career-path
Fast paced, exciting work with supportive co-workers
Trim Development and Research Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2015
Working at Theory in Trim Development was fast paced, exciting work. Everyone here is very supportive of each other and the company culture is one that encourages positivity and hard work.
Good work environment
Muhlenberg School of Nursing Faculty (Former Employee) –  Plainfield NJJanuary 31, 2015
GOOD good Good
Team work is good
Best interest of the students at heart
Respect for the nursing profession
Careful to choose the right people to be nursing professionals
Productive Environment
E-Commerce - Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2014
Great discount and place to work. They are much more intense about the work that needs to get done. Only interned here - so not very familiar with other policies.
sales
Sock Manager (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAFebruary 18, 2014
same as previous employers, stock manager for a year, and customer service
Cons
Great staff with productive work days
Accounts Payable Administrator/ Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJJanuary 19, 2014
While working at Theory I have learned a lot. I started from the bottom doing daily office duties to becoming a Accounts Payable Administrator. I have also learned that it is more important to work as a team then trying to handle everything on your own.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Theory. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3