TheraCare

TheraCare Employer Reviews

Productive work environment
Service Coordinator (Former Employee), New Rochelle, NYNovember 4, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: fee for service
Service coordination at theracare starts as salary for 3 months. However after it is fee for service. Given enough case you can make close to salary. However there are many government regulations that can hinder that and things are constantly changing. However decent work experience for those that aren't looking for high pay, but flexible work
Great work culture, very supportive staff.
ABA Therapist in Early Intervention (Current Employee), Bronx, NYOctober 22, 2014
Opportunity to work with family and other therapists in implementing activities for special needs children. very supportive staff and rewarding career.
Great communication with employers and staff
ABA Therapist (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 28, 2014
The ability to work with a variety of children and cater to families that are in need is very gratifying.
Overall, love the agency.
Early Intervention Special Education ABA Teacher (Current Employee), New Rochelle, NYJuly 30, 2014
Pros: everything but pay.
Cons: pay.
Honestly, I love that you can make your own schedule. They are constantly providing cases, so I feel there is never NO work. Everyone that works there is nice, never had any issues. Whenever I have needed to contact someone, I always get them, or they get right back to me.

The only issue I have, is compared to other agencies, this is a very LOW PAYING agency. When you compare to what all the other agencies pay, it's not worth it.
Human Resource Assistant
OFFICE ASSISTANT IN HUMAN RESOURCES (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCMay 22, 2014
Answer Phones, Scheduled all training classes as well as Orientations, Maintained the compliance of all Employee and Patient charts. Interviewed all CNA and PCA applicants.
Theracare
Substitute (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMay 14, 2014
It was a great experience.;..........................................................................................................................
terrible
Administration (Former Employee), ManhattanMay 8, 2014
Pros: you had a job
Cons: stress and unrealistic guidelines
Run! Mismanagement at every turn Extremely HIGH turnover.
Stear clear
Service Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, nyApril 25, 2014
Pros: that i'm no longer there
Cons: nothing
Nothing but lies. Hired under false pretenses. Sc dpt is completely unmanageable and unrealistic. Fee for service is a joke.
A good company with a great cause
Recruiter (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 15, 2014
Loved working with the therapist who cared a great deal about children with learning disabilities.
very productive
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee), Rego Park, NYFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: great working place great team members
Cons: not enough time to reach your goal
Great place to work. Co-workers worked great together as a team. Company lived up to it's name in providing help for the children in need
Productive work enviroment
Administrative Assistant/Reception/Biller (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYJanuary 29, 2014
Love the work, plenty of paper work, Overal the company is a well organice agency
Caring and Passionate organization
Special Education ABA Teacher (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, generous salary and days off
Cons: work weekends, long drives
As a lead teacher I had the opportunity to work side by side with other special education therapists and assist them in implementing activities for special needs children. Theres was room for growth and I met monthly with my supervisor to go over caseload. There were great communication amongst staff.
The hardest part of the job is working in homes and traveling daily.
ABA Therapist (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 11, 2014
The most enjotable part of this job is witnessing the effect of therapy techniques and practices and the reward of a child's progress manifested.
Would never recommend this company to parents or service providers.
service provider (Former Employee), Staten IslandDecember 29, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: don't care about clients; low pay; lots of paperwork; frequent management turover
TheraCare is a pure business company. All the company cares about is money, money, money. They couldn't care less about the children they service. I worked for theracare for 4 years as a service provider. In these 4 years I experienced a significant increase in paperwork and 3 pay cuts. I also noticed management changes at an average of every 6 months. Even worse, no one seemed to know their jobs. As a service provider I found myself rewriting and correcting various errors due to disconnect between management. With each turnover in management came different expectations that were never communicated to service providers. I would never recommend Theracare for employment or for services!!
Productive and interesting workplace
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), Islandia, NYDecember 19, 2013
Daily input of payroll for clinicians that work with children with special needs.
nice place to work
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), New Rochelle, NYOctober 6, 2013
This was a nice place to start a career. Not much support form administration. Better to work part time then full time here.
No job security
Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: the offices are located in nice corporate buildings.
Cons: health care package is horrible.
Not a good company to work for.
You are always walking on eggshell. You never know when it will be your last day on the job, until you walk in that morning.
There is no job security. The executive management team is very cold and unlikable, and they hold their office managers by a tight leash.
good place
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 29, 2013
Pros: great benefits
friendly staff. Great place to work. Easygoing. Great benefits. Good trainings
First Experience in the Special Education Field
Special Education Itinerate Teacher (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 12, 2013
Pros: ed sup. helped us be better teachers, provided material, gave us ideas, came to our sessions when we needed them
Cons: healthcare insurance was extremely expensive, some days no time for lunch
My days consisted of seeing two to three students a day at their perspective centers. I would provide from 4 to 6.5 hours of services. I learned that consistency and patience with my students could give great payoffs in the long run. I did not have significant dealings with management with exception to our annual reviews and the turning in of our paperwork at the end of the month. The same would apply to my co-workers. We would see each other during staff development and at the end of the month when turning in our paperwork. The hardest part of my job would be when there was silent learning on the part of my students and at times I would feel as if I was doing something wrong and I was unable to meet their needs. Then there would be breakthrough and that would bring such a joy to my heart. It made me realize that despite when these breakthroughs happen they are life changing for all the parties involved, the child, parent and teacher. The bonds that I forge with my students go beyond just the classroom. I plant seeds that will continue to grow well after they leave my care. Overall I had a good experience in this organization. I learned a lot about myself as an educator and I was encouraged to always excel and never to settle.
Fast paced business environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), new york, nyApril 10, 2013
Pros: centralized in the heart of nyc, easily accessible restaurants for lunch, shopping, fair commute.
Cons: no personal parking space, lunch is far too expensive, easily terminated position.
TheraCare as a company is exactly what has motivated me to return to school and pursue a future in Business Management and Finance. To be surrounded by businessmen and women that have a position that makes a difference, has shown me that I do not want to be at the bottom of the ladder my entire life. On a day to day basis, I would see meetings, CEO's, VP, Senior HR Executives, etc. come to work and have an impact on the company's well being. I would love to earn a chance to make such a difference.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning experience. There's so much going on, you can always learn something everyday. The problem is, if you're not in a high level position, that knowledge is not being put to use and is ultimately wasted on organizing files.

The hardest part of the job is trying to feel secure at your desk. Everyday we're receiving e-mails of employee status updates that clearly show you how many people were terminated, quit, hired, re-hired, suspended, etc. It left an uneasy feeling that any day you could be next.