TheraCare Employee Reviews

Great
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Travel NycApril 26, 2017
It's great I get to travel daily and meet new people. You deal with families only when you are a therapist. And a lead teacher which helps so you connect with who is important in helping the child succeed
Dont get too comfortable here.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  NYApril 22, 2017
TheraCare does not pay very well and raises are far and few between. Also, the CEO changes his mind about everything all the time so you will have to rush to complete a project that he will forget about even before you finish it.
Pros
Free lunch Wednesdays
Cons
No 401K match, high turnover volume, confusing management
flexible schedule and friendly co-workers
PRN OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Marion, INMarch 19, 2017
Flexible with schedule. Provide adequate training for new employees. PRN pay is market value. Staff is friendly. Some traveling between facilities required.
Good Temp. Job
School Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 7, 2017
TheraCare is a very large company. the staffing crew will always find you work. Only draw back is you are hired part-time so no benefits.
Penny pinching in denial company
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2016
It's sad to say that this company wants to pretend like they care about their employees and the children they service. But the bottom line is they only care about making a profit. The employees are overwhelmed with work. Never enough time to finish when new task are created. The managers are forced to micro manage their teams. The turnover rate shows that the employees are not happy. It seems like the directors are clueless as to what goes on within the department. There's rude people in top position that provide poor customer service yet manage to be praised for there excellent work The managers are too scared to ask for anything for their team members since anyone can get the boot at anytime. Employees can't even hear music at their desk and its frown upon if you even say hi to the person next to you. Basically they would be happy if you come in and spend 10 hours a day focused on your work like a robot. They don't do anything to give back to the community. The only good thing is the team work amongst co workers.
Pros
Clean office
Cons
Too many to list
review
Administrative Assistant/Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 19, 2016
I loved working here. Coworkers are like a family. The system is a little slow. Very flexible and understanding.Projects can be a little overwhelming since most of the time its due the same day.
Pros
Free lunch or breakfast wednesday
Cons
short breaks, no raises
Great place to work if your in it for the children
Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2016
A company that truly cares about children both clinically and administratively. Has a great atmosphere. The work can be challenging but rewarding as it can be difficult to align all the pieces.
Pros
Benefits, Enviorment, and Rewarding Work
Cons
traveling
Flexibilty to work from home
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 24, 2016
TheraCare is an amazing agency. Service Coordination is a challenging position however dealig with billable units makes it difficult at times to become enjoyable. Billable units is the focus.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
billabel units per day
June 6, 2016

Thank you for your comments. Yes, service coordination is a very challenging but rewarding position. Unfortunately, the NYS Department of Health proscribes what activities our service coordinators can and cannot bill for in a fee for service reimbursement model. TheraCare is working with other providers to convince NYS to change the reimbursement methodology from a fee for service to a capitated reimbursement model. We believe a capitated model will help to address the issue you raised.

Great place to work with good communication with all therapist and nursing.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INMay 22, 2016
PRN position with working from 2 to 40 hours per month. Learned to use Casamba computer program and omnicycle. Great communication between therapy staff and with nursing. Hardest part of the job was finding equipment due to moving Therapy Gym due to construction. Most enjoyable part of the job was the staff and patients.
Busy place to work, was an amazing experience for me.
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2016
I was able to put to work a lot of what I was capable of doing- completely new line of work for me, but learned a lot and fast! I had an amazing team of co-workers that were eager to help families and made sure that our clinicians had the information they need it to help these families.
June 6, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. TheraCare promotes a positive, team oriented environment that is conducive to professional development and excellent client service. We are delighted you are having a positive experience.

Flexible
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 9, 2016
Working from home was wonderful, I was able to manage my private and work life wonderfully. Direct supervisor was condescending and did not motivate. No real training and ongoing coaching.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
DIrect supervisor was unprofessional
June 6, 2016

Thank you for your feedback on TheraCare's flexible work environment . In addition, TheraCare provides ongoing training, coaching and supervision for all our service coordinators. In fact, we have one of the best supervisor to staff ratios in the industry.
Regarding work place disagreements, all employees are coached on how to escalate any unresolved professional disagreement between them and their supervisor through the chain of command and up to human resources if necessary.
We do this in order to encourage team work and a positive work environment. Unfortunately, it does not appear that you followed through on this process.

Good job
slp (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 14, 2016
Theracare allows for really flexible schedules for those with a busy life. They try their best to keep your cases in a small area so there is not too much travel time. Staff is nice.
June 6, 2016

Thank you for your comments. As the largest provider of developmental services in the tri-state region we are able to group clinicians' caseloads in a tight geographic area in order to ensure efficient schedules. We are also able to keep our clinical team as busy as they want to be because we receive a significant amount of new referrals in most of the locations we provide services.

Very fun, easy going work enviroment
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2016
This company has a big family working together, they are very nice, give free breakfast or lunch every Wednesday.
They are very appreciative of their employees.
Pros
Free Lunch or Breakfast every breakfast, Long Breaks.
Cons
The health insurance is too expensive.
June 6, 2016

We appreciate your feedback on our positive work environment and one of several employee recognition programs that we provide. The escalating cost of insurance is an ongoing issue for most employees and employers in our Country. Please note that TheraCare continues to pay the lion share of total insurance premiums for our employees. We make every effort to balance the cost of insurance with the need to provide excellent medical, prescription, dental and life insurance benefits.

General
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2015
The work is enjoyable, but the turnover rate is quite high.
You get promoted quickly once they take an interest. The people are great!
Pros
Amazing Christmas party, free breakfast every other Wednesday.
Cons
30 min lunch break
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 4, 2015
A company with great benefits and compensation. It could be stressful at times and you must be prepared for a lot of work. The workload is hard to balance if you are not efficient with multi-tasking skills and organized.
Pros
Bonus Monthly Compensation for meeting budget
Cons
Short lunch breaks, Constant upper management changes
Loved the Rehab Suites.
Lead/ Cota (Former Employee) –  Garrett, INMay 19, 2015
I was very pleased with the Rehab unit they had for patients with their own private rooms/ suites. Loved the patients. My boss however never communicated as indicated. He would attempt to change schedules for therapist who routinely worked with certain patients on a daily basis. Patients like routine and bond with their therapist most of the time and him going into the computer and changing this was very time consuming. He always said if you need anything please call and if you did call him he would never return your call. Very little support from his on a daily, monthly basis unless something was wrong, then you would here from him. I seen other therapist do things the right way for putting in their resignation and he treated them horrible like it was something personal done to him. Not a good reflection on the company he worked for.
Pros
The Rehab Suites, the flexible schedules.
Cons
Poor communication with his Therapy team.
Small caseload
Pediatric OT, Sensory Integration Specialist (Current Employee) –  NorwalkApril 9, 2015
Enjoyed working for company, but only gave OT's clients that had autism so I only had a very small case load.
They offered many different educational classes at their office in Norwalk. The only requirement for paperwork was the billing sheet which you send in for billing, and give one to the parent and keep one for yourself.
Pros
lots of classes available to take throught the office
Cons
OT's only got autism cases
The co-workers were great.
Sr Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Islandia, NYFebruary 11, 2015
The co-workers were great.
They were helpful and were available if I needed assistance.

I liked developing apps that were helpful to the clinicians and supervisors.
Friendly staff
Speech-Language Pathologist (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 16, 2014
I am a PRN therapist and always enjoy my time at any of Theracare buildings.
Productive work environment
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYNovember 4, 2014
Service coordination at theracare starts as salary for 3 months. However after it is fee for service. Given enough case you can make close to salary. However there are many government regulations that can hinder that and things are constantly changing. However decent work experience for those that aren't looking for high pay, but flexible work
Pros
work from home
Cons
fee for service

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TheraCare. Our community is ready to answer.