Theranos Employee Reviews

amazing place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  ArizonaApril 17, 2017
This company was hands down the best place I ever worked for. They had amazing health care, the training I received was beyond amazing, and everyone was an awesome team player. It's too bad they shut down
Pros
free lunches, healthcare, great team work, awesome training
Cons
shut down
Prefer not to provide summary
Senior Scientist, Assay Development (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 16, 2017
I prefer not to provide a summary of my time at Theranos other than to say that I very much enjoyed my work and the people that I worked with, and I wish them the best of luck in the future.
It was a fun place to work
Associate Scientist (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 6, 2017
I love the people there the most, my group was very tight knit and we trust and treat each other like family. We often meet and share extracurricular with each other outside of work.
Productive and fun work place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 20, 2016
Theranos was a great company. They catered to many patients needs. I truly enjoyed going to work everyday. I just wish Theranos considered family time a little more six day work week on 10 hour shifts was a little draining.
Pros
Lunch was always catered in the office
Cons
Long shift hours, and six day work week
Cater Food
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 15, 2016
Obtain blood samples for medical testing and transfusion through venipuncture or capillary puncture. Follow infection control and policy procedures in carrying out daily phlebotomy functions. Re-stock blood collection equipment at end of day. Build trust with patients to minimize discomfort during phlebotomy procedures while effectively collecting specimens
great work place
Medical carrier (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 30, 2016
enjoyed my time with this company, typical work week. Management was great, fun co-workers. great job over all now I am on to better opportunities.
Good
Senior Scientist (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 15, 2016
Good work culture. Nice place to work. Start up culture, very talented people highly motivate and product driven company. 9:00AM-6:30PM official work hours
Pros
Free lunch
Training Instructor, Phlebotomy (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 10, 2016
unfortunately to secretive and lied to so many people. Should have been a great thing for the patients who could have benefited from this fabulous thing
Great job
Corp Security (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 7, 2016
Working with Theranos had a great environment and great co-workers. I would gladly work with them again if operation in Arizona took place. I appreciated what my supervisor did as for his job incorporated. He was a great supervisor.
It was a nice company to work for. Good atmosphere , good coworkers, good benefits
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 26, 2016
I liked working for this company. I was involved in many projects and they had technology new to me. Unfortunately legal lssues made this company lay off many employees.
Pros
Good balance work life, nice people to work with and good benefits
Cons
Bad administration
Amazing Workplace with great experiences
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 6, 2016
By-far this has been the best company I have worked for. The employees here are amazing! A group of people who want to show up to work each day to provide the best experience for our guests and help in every way we can.
Team Oriented Environment
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 5, 2016
The environment was positive and we worked together to help each other succeed. The typical day included performing venipuncture techniques to collect samples from guests, and preparing them for lab analysis. The position was very enjoyable and management was very supportive.
Entry level
Specimen Accessioner (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 30, 2016
This job was a great job for entry level applicants and provided experience and advancement to my career. The upper management recognized potential and grows the people that showed drive.
Pros
Free lunches, great pay
Cons
Great job to grow your skills
Laboratory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 30, 2016
Theranos has a start-up feel to the company and many people have to opportunity to create and engage in projects that they may have never done before. I have grown as a laboratory professional greatly from the experience Theranos has provided me.
Pros
Free Lunch, great compensation
Cons
Very generous company to work for
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  ArizonaSeptember 9, 2016
I love the fact that my employer is an understanding one. I go to school and they work with me on that. I really appreciate everything they do. Great place to work.
High Pace and Challenging
Security (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 2, 2015
This company is a high demand company that challenges you every day. It is a high energy culture with great people to work with and competitive benefits and pay.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
High Demand
Good company but they work you like crazy
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  AZApril 19, 2015
This is a great company with a lot of potential. But management shows favoritism towards individuals and it greatly noticed. The hours are constantly changing and over time is mandatory. You sit by yourself in a room for 8-12 hours. You are lucky to get 1 day off. You
don't have a life while working here.

On a positive note the pay is decent. You get to be part of a new and expanding company and interact with lots of different people.
Pros
Free Lunches when you are at the office
Cons
No place for advancement, favoritism is shown and noticed, work to many hours and have no family life
Good compensation, mandatory overtime, boring job.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZNovember 15, 2014
Sit in a room all day with nothing to do. Very low volume for patients. Favortism shown by management. No room for advancement.
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Mandatory Overtime, Not enough work
Dead end Phlebotomy Job
Phlebotomis (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 12, 2014
Long shifts, six some times seven days a week. Decent pay but, no room to grow. Sit in a room alone with nothing to do, lucky to see 5 patients a day.
Unproductive Company with no consistency
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Apache Junction, AZNovember 12, 2014
The company does not communicate well. There is basically no room for advancement and they hire in batches. There are no "coworkers" you work alone inside a room and your lucky to see 5 patients a day.

The hardest part of the job is sitting in a room for nine hours six days a week literally doing nothing productive.
Pros
competative pay
Cons
nothing to do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Theranos. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4