Therapy Management Corporation Employee Reviews

Not a very open environment.
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 6, 2016
This company is like a mirage. You think everything is well and is operating smoothly until you realize they are only there for their own benefit. Company prefers hiring new graduates and quick to get rid of employees with experience to cut costs and save money. Very quick to throw you under the bus if it benefits them keeping a contract without hesitation. They center around and all in culture style family, but simply disappear when you need them the most. Hardest part of the job was having poor communication all around that led to confusion, unexpected loss of hours, and being sent home early due to their own mistakes. Upper management is very strict when it came to productivity that was based on a weekly average, but at your throat if your productivity dropped once during the week.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Poor communication with management
Horrible
Rehab Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSOctober 30, 2015
Very disorganized, management is a joke and the therapists act like they are still in high school. Patient care is minimal due to therapists lack of patient attention.
Unrealistic
SLP (Former Employee) –  FLOctober 19, 2015
99% "efficiency"; Pay rate appears competitive; however, not for that kind of productivity standard. I will say rehab teams are supportive and DORs always supported staff.
Very Supportive Company
RDO (Current Employee) –  MSSeptember 28, 2015
I have been employed with TMC for 15 years. I started my career as a prn PTA and advanced to a staff therapist position, Rehab Director, Area Manager, and now working as a Regional Director for Mississippi and North Carolina. TMC is my employer of choice because of their family atmosphere, core values, customer service, and commitment to clinical excellence. I enjoy working for a company that is faith based and believes in giving back to those in need through their Together Making Changes non-profit organization. TMC has supported me both personally and professional throughout my career.
Pros
Core values, Excellent Customer Service, Professional Development and Advancement Opportunities, Clinical Excellence, Leadership Support, CEU Reimbursement, Matching 401K
Cons
Although no company is perfect, TMC works very hard, continually remake themselves and works hard to be the best therapy company in the industry
Faith based and Innovative place to work
Business Development (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 28, 2015
My average day involves working with TMC team members as well as customers to address solutions to challenges as well as establishing and forming relationships with new customers. I oversee the business development, census development and the brand management team for TMC.
TMC offers me the opportunity to problem solve and work with the greatest teams in the industry!
Pros
Faith based, team oriented, innovative atmosphere, open door policy for ideas
Cons
Although necessary and very helpful, the meetings, projects that get added to a normal day make it important all employees are enthusiasticand
Good team to work with.
Vice President Operations (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 26, 2015
A good group of people to work with. Everyone is sincerely interested in creating a company that takes better care of its patient’s, customers and employees. Some days we do a better job than others but we are always trying to do better. We are all encouraged to have fun at work and to try to make things better than they were yesterday. We have great clients who prioritize their patients and work very closely with us. Dealing with change is probably the most difficult part of the job. It seems that the industry never stops changing and it is challenging to stay on top of everything.
Pros
Great opportunities for moving up in the company, Matching 401K, Family like environment, Prioritizes patient care, All In Award is the same for everyone, no matter your title, TMC stays ahead of the curve where industry changes occur
Cons
The industry changes so quickly that it is challenging to keep up.
Patient Centered Care is Priority!
COTA (Current Employee) –  LouisianaSeptember 24, 2015
I have been with this company for 10+ year’s b/c it is my employer of choice and I would not be who I am as a clinician, expert in the field without this company. Culture and Clinical Excellence are first and foremost at TMC. TMC is committed to producing a fun and family work environment. TMC has allowed me to grow professionally and personally and takes pride in this development to ensure that clinicians are focused on what they do best, treating patients.
Pros
Adaptable, TMC is on the cutting edge, Up to date on all post-acute care regulations. Focused on Patients!
Cons
Although there are no perfect companies, TMC is a great place to work and has very few negatives.
Puts patients first
Director of Health Care Analytics (Current Employee) –  FLSeptember 24, 2015
TMC is a great company to work for – what makes them standout from others is they are a company that cares more about patient care.
Pros
Family atmosphere, Ownership that cares about the patients, Ownership invests tin things for the therapist to enable them to give better care
Cons
No company is perfect, but TMC really works hard to improve everyday
Amazing company to work for!
VP of Clinical Advancement and Data Integration (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 22, 2015
TMC (Therapy Management Corporation) has been my "home" and the people that work here my "family" since 2001. I have worked in many roles with this company from treating therapist to leadership, and, in every role I have felt heard and that the owners truly care about each person and that each person matters.
The company is one that continually works to be better, better at customer service, better at clinical excellence, better at doing life. This continual forward movement is contagious and has helped me become better both in and out of the work place. I hope I get the privilege of retiring with this company many years down the road.
Pros
Personal and professional growth opportunities, focused on the people, our therapist LOVE their patients.
Cons
struggle to make sure that each team in the field know they matter with a growing company.
TMC truly wants to make a difference
VP Business Development (Current Employee) –  ALSeptember 22, 2015
TMC truly wants to make a difference! I feel very blessed to know that each day our primary purpose is to make a positive difference in the lives of those we serve. Whether is it seeing the look of delight on a family member’s face when they see their mama walk after surgery or the management team working side by side at a food bank, TMC encourages each employee to “Make a Difference”
Pros
TMC has a strong culture and is faith based, committed to clinical excellence, significant resources towards enhancing our clinical programs, Employees have a voice, The employee ambassador program allows employees to voice concerns anonymously, make suggestions for improvement.
Cons
No company is perfect, but TMC strives to “make it right” when things go wrong.
RDO/ PTA (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 22, 2015
As a manager with TMC since I started 8 years ago, I have been amazed at the growth opportunities offered to me. Not only growing in my job responsibilities, but as a person. I feel like the company cares about the type of life I want/have and the type of legacy I want to leave.
I have learned that through serving others while helping them achieve their goals, I get the opportunity to truly make a difference in an industry that is traditionally thought of as “time limited”. I feel that when I speak up, I make a difference in mine and the lives of others. Being able to have a voice that makes an impact is crucial to me.
With TMC, my voice is heard! I have learned that success comes from my own personal commitment to make a difference. But expands when I am in a culture that strives to do the same. In an industry that is shortening the amount of time I have to develop quality relationships and maintain a healthy culture/environment, it takes everyone’s commitment to make it happen.
Pros
Continually educating, Growth personally and professionally focused, Faith Based, Therapy is just one way I get to make a difference every day.
Cons
Expectations are high and without total commitment will not be reached, Education and communication is crucial.
Awful company that does not put the patient first
Rehab (Former Employee) –  Southern USAAugust 26, 2015
TMC does not pay well. Does not care about patients, and is only concerned with productivity. The people they give management positions to are uneducated and unqualified.
Pros
Run away from jobs at TMC
Cons
Productivity and sketchy billing
Flexible
Occupational Therapist, Skilled Nursing Facility (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 26, 2015
Great experience so far. 32-40 hours a week for full-time. I'm sure it depends on the facility, but my coworkers are easy to get along with.
A little bit lazy for me
Rehabilitation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wharton, TxJune 17, 2015
If you are looking for a new job with a lot of time and very relax, maybe this is for you. Personally I'm looking for a more demanding and active job
Best Documentation System - soooo Easy and Practical!
Speech Therapist PRN (Current Employee) –  BirminghamMay 20, 2015
I have over 25 years experience and have worked in a dozens states in all types of settings and TMC is the BEST Rehab company I've ever worked for!

Perhaps it is because they were founded by a Speech Therapist and Physical Therapist couple - they just "get it" with simple logical click click documentation formats, that are functional check off your goals are easily chosen and gives you MORE time to actually work with the patients to make a difference.

Currently working PRN for them and loving it :)
Pros
Easy Documentation, Positive People, Caring Professionals
Cons
Have to work some weekends
Unhappy environment
Rehabilitation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2015
Just horrible, you'll have to use your personal belongings to work the position. responsibilities will increase rapidly, underpaid and inadequate training.
Very Disappointing Organization
Staff (Current Employee) –  in the southNovember 28, 2014
Christian values are strongly driven by the owner (that's good), however, the owner is 100% clueless regarding how the operation is really ran. I witnessed managers targeting staff who got to close to the owner because they didn't want the owner to know details of what actually happens in the field. There are no Christian values practiced outside of the owner and/or in the presence of the owner.

The managers have strong beliefs of "do as I say not as I do". They hold no value in any employee/people, and they let you know (after you start) that you are only a number. Turnover is high! They don't research the cause of high turnover and their primary focus is not people; money is the only driver.

Work/life balance is not a concern; they expect staff to work any/all hours. However, the managers (Regional) take many vacation days off. And they salute/applaud low balling rates for any one they hire - its sad. Fair pay is not a goal, what-so-ever.

Bottom line, Rehab Directors nor staff have a voice. And if you try to speak up (even respectfully) they will label you and find a reason to replace you. No one will care and/or look into why you left. The regional managers run their areas with the philosophy of their employees working in fear of them. I personally witnessed a regional manager bad mouth the owner in the presence of staff. Gossip, started by Sr. leaders, is very common.

I wouldn't even recommend this company to an enemy. I'm seeking employment elsewhere.
Pros
the owner really is christian
Cons
no employee is valued
Run NOW!
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Somewhere in the SouthNovember 1, 2014
My experience with TMC has been tainted from the beginning. They over-hire employees, leaving current employees with lower hours. They lie to their employees, and nickel-and-dime you to death. Any time you hear a company tout their "Christian values", run! Their hands are always out and you will not get what you were promised in your offer letter. TMC's "ALL IN" culture means just that... THEY are ALL IN to get you to do as much as you can for as little support they can give you. RUN LIKE YOU STOLE IT! I may be working there now, but I am definitely looking to get out. I will lose my skills if I stay here.

Side note: If there must be a student on the premises, keep him/her out of the other therapists' hair. There is a an OTA student on the premises, and she has the loudest mouth I've ever heard. She gets in the way and contradicts senior PT's in their treatments and documentation. How does this help anyone?
Pros
my colleagues are great to work with, with the sole exception of whatever student-du-jour is on the premises.
Cons
long drive, substandard equipment, no clean wipes (have to use towels), management lies, low hours making your paycheck a lot lower than you expected, travel reimbursement is a joke.
A dreadful place to work
Rehab Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Birminghan ALMay 13, 2014
Very unstable place to work a typical day of work is stressful,i did'nt learn much about therapy.My co-workers were great it's all management.The hardest part of my job was trying to get the proper training for the job from my supervisor.The best part of my jod where the patients i really loved them and they loved me.
Pros
the pay is ok
Cons
management are clueless..
PRODUCTIVITY = GREED
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  NationalMay 11, 2014
It is truly amazing to see how greedy this company really is. This company requires 100% productivity which means you would have to comment medicare fraud to be productive enough for them to keep your job. The company ha s charity that they cram down your throat wanting you to consistently donate too, including pay roll deductions that you are "highly encouraged to do" Management is constantly pushing this and providing various projects to do for the cause. Many unethical things come out of this company.
Cons
productivity, ethics