Therapy Management Corporation Employee Reviews

good place to work!! Great Culture and nice all in bonus!!
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Homosassa, FLOctober 16, 2017
I worked out of the home office in Florida, good people and a nice environment to work for. Pay is competitive and they sometimes provide all in bonus
Pros
all in bonus!! 9-5 hours!!
Cons
not enough advancement
TMC expects the best and works hard to develop their team members
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  LouisianaOctober 3, 2017
During my career as an OT in SNF setting , I have only worked for TMC and I hope that I only ever work for them. TMC offers a family atmosphere in which the owners and leadership teams truly do care for employees. They are invested in our development not only as therapists but also as healthy and happy people. We have quarterly development goals, 401K with match and they offer Dave Ramsey scholarships to help us eliminate debt. They also have a non-profit philanthropy that allows us to fundraise for charities that benefit the greater good (on a volunteer basis). They are the first to say that "TMC is not for everyone". If you are not committed to service excellence you need not apply. This company expects the very best of their employees and will not settle for mediocrity. Perhaps folks that express negativity in their reviews were simply not up for the challenge of excellence.
Pros
401K with Match, Christian values, Dave Ramsey scholarships, philanthropy, supportive leadership, potential for advancement, biannual bonuses, encourage FUN at work
Cons
n/a
Wonderful Rehab Team
Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 24, 2017
I worked for TMC for over a year, and I loved the company. The regional manager was great and she really seemed to care about the employees across individual facilities. I changed jobs out of necessity when the contract was changed. Would recommend this company!
Pros
Great team atmosphere!
productive fun work place
Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 21, 2017
Physical therapists often work closely with a patient's doctor to identify the muscle systems affected by an injury or impairment. Different than a personal trainer, a physical therapist starts patients on a low-impact exercise routine using special exercise equipment and builds them up much more gradually, focusing mainly on the injured muscles.
Pros
great environment
Was an ok place to work
PTA (Former Employee) –  Horn Lake, MSAugust 15, 2017
Coworkers here were nice to work with. It was sometimes challenging to get PT supervisor in as needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients.
Great company to work for.
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Mayo, FLAugust 12, 2017
The buildings that I worked in for this company was clean, odor free, and upkept. The staff is nice and welcoming. Let me not forget helpful. Whenever I needed something or had trouble locating a patient, no matter what dept I asked, they always helped out.
Terrible Company to work for
Rehab Director (Current Employee) –  Bastrop, LAJuly 27, 2017
This company has impossibly high expectations of all staff members, no possibility for pay raises, extremely unethical practices regarding patient care. Upper management is micromanaged to the extreme as well as lower management. Overall, not a good company to work for at all.
Pros
Cons
Unethical practices
unethical management
Therapist (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 2, 2017
poor management, DOR rarely present or available

ridiculous productivity considering the setting. Productivity has a different name which allows them to tell you there isn't really any productivity per se

forced to pick up inappropriate patients for revenue

recruiters promise anything to get you in

Your license will be at risk
Pros
good coworkers(they fell for the hype as well)
Cons
everything else
Learning Experience
Inpatient Therapy Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 20, 2017
Learned from therapists how to operate and run the office, All therapists were friendly and capable of teaching, Very fast paced environment and accuracy with patient charges was essential.
license risk
PT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2017
High productivity
poor management/micromanagement
asked to keep patients longer to increase revenue
excessive documentation (software)
daily dose of propaganda
mandatory participation in contributing to raffles
Pros
see above
Cons
see above
Great Place To Work
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 12, 2017
Wonderful place to work! Very fast paced environment but this makes the days go very quickly.

Pros: Good management, good support system, nice facility to work in

Cons: Not enough PTO and it is accrued as you work throughout the year
Fun Work Place
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Homosassa, FL 34446May 20, 2017
Fast paced but fun environment. Difficulty to find work in your home state Florida. Communication between managers could be better for internal traveling managers for placement. Traveling therapist are unsure of how ling they will be working in one area before leaving to the next area, possibly another state.
Great work experienc.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 9, 2017
Patient care obviously best part of the job. I worked at 3 different facilities within this company and had great experiences at each one. Treated patients at various status levels which was enjoyable.
Professional and helpful company to work at
Occupational Therapy Assisant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 3, 2017
TMC is a great company to work at, offering considerable compensation and friendly coworkers. The most enjoyable part about this job is getting to work with the amazing patients and well equipped therapy gyms.
Fun Workplace, fast pace
Rehab Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Homosassa, FL 34446April 19, 2017
Review minute planner
Schedule Members for Therapy
Scan, Fax and File documents
Assist Rehab Director and other Therapist
Receive Evaluations Orders from Doctors and have Insurance Verified
Fast Pace, Well Balanced, Friendly place to Work
Good company, but needs help in management
PRN Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 14, 2017
Overall the company is a good company. The facilities had good clinicians. It was just a lot of tension between management and employees secondary to micromanagement, which resulted in a high turnover rate and employee dissatisfaction.
Pros
great clinical staff
Cons
management; not all management is the same so do not get discouraged.
Not putting their employees first in my opinion
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  AlabamaMarch 13, 2017
Have been working for this company for over 3 years and have seen many changes in management which all seem to have the same end goal: more financial gains for the corporation. Productivity is pushed very hard and picking up patients who are not appropriate just so their Medicare Part B coverage can be billed is fairly standard. Employee desires to have time to provide appropriate care (preparing for tx, time to consult with other tx, time for proper medical chart review, etc) is not really allowed.
Innovative, fun and client-centered!
Rehab Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 23, 2017
I thoroughly enjoy working for TMC. The company has an awesome culture and provides a variety of opportunities and resources to grow professionally and otherwise. It's privately-owned and the owners have a heart for serving others. The environment can be challenging as the company is dedicated to proactively planning for changes in the healthcare system and rehab industry. In my 6 yrs of work experience (in different facilities) I have observed that people who have negative opinions about the company lack the work ethic, motivation and/or heart to rise up to the challenge to fulfill their job duties and serve our patients.
Pros
Variety of educational opportunities, family culture, fun company-wide contests and activities
Cons
High productivity standards
Think twice- unethical and unprofessional "culture"
therapist/rehab director (Former Employee) –  MissouriFebruary 15, 2017
Dont let their website and "culture" fool you. Area and Regional Management are very unethical and unprofessional. More therapists resigned and terminated than employees that remained with this company. If you're looking for a company that doesn't practice what it preaches, this is the one for you. I have worked for several companies and this is by far the one I wouldn't recommend ANYONE work for.
Pros
competitive pay, good benefits
Cons
poor management, toxic workplace, documentation system
Current employee. I have worked for 4 other contract therapy companies.
Rehab Director (Current Employee) –  MissouriFebruary 7, 2017
TMC is the only contract therapy company out there who holds management accountable to the same standards as field staff. They do not just hire anyone to fill a position. They are selective and this creates a more positive work environment for everyone. When compared to TMC, other rehab companies do not offer enough support for vacations, customer support, or general help when needed. TMC management is always willing to help and the Area Managers do treatments in the facilities. Name another company where the AM or AVP actually treats? And will come to a secluded building for an eval if needed? Also, all facilities have a rehab coordinator to assist, 40 hours a week. That is amazing. Just tjink, if you are a program manager or director of rehab withe another company how different things would be if you had someone to help with printing, filing, scheduling, and minute planning every day.
Pros
Core values, protective of their culture, mission statement, and customer support.
Cons
I have an hour drive, but that is not related to TMC.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Therapy Management Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9