Therapy Management Corporation

Therapy Management Corporation Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Horn Lake, MSMay 21, 2015
A typical work day involves providing skilled physical therapy services across a wide range of deficiencies from neurological to orthotic. I had the pleasure of working with some spectacularly skilled therapist.
Best Documentation System - soooo Easy and Practical!
Speech Therapist PRN (Current Employee), BirminghamMay 20, 2015
Pros: Easy Documentation, Positive People, Caring Professionals
Cons: Have to work some weekends
I have over 25 years experience and have worked in a dozens states in all types of settings and TMC is the BEST Rehab company I've ever worked for!

Perhaps it is because they were founded by a Speech Therapist and Physical Therapist couple - they just "get it" with simple logical click click documentation formats, that are functional check off your goals are easily chosen and gives you MORE time to actually work with the patients to make a difference.

Currently working PRN for them and loving it :)
Unhappy environment
Rehabilitation Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2015
Just horrible, you'll have to use your personal belongings to work the position. responsibilities will increase rapidly, underpaid and inadequate training.
Very Disappointing Organization
Staff (Current Employee), in the southNovember 28, 2014
Pros: the owner really is christian
Cons: no employee is valued
Christian values are strongly driven by the owner (that's good), however, the owner is 100% clueless regarding how the operation is really ran. I witnessed managers targeting staff who got to close to the owner because they didn't want the owner to know details of what actually happens in the field. There are no Christian values practiced outside of the owner and/or in the presence of the owner.

The managers have strong beliefs of "do as I say not as I do". They hold no value in any employee/people, and they let you know (after you start) that you are only a number. Turnover is high! They don't – more... research the cause of high turnover and their primary focus is not people; money is the only driver.

Work/life balance is not a concern; they expect staff to work any/all hours. However, the managers (Regional) take many vacation days off. And they salute/applaud low balling rates for any one they hire - its sad. Fair pay is not a goal, what-so-ever.

Bottom line, Rehab Directors nor staff have a voice. And if you try to speak up (even respectfully) they will label you and find a reason to replace you. No one will care and/or look into why you left. The regional managers run their areas with the philosophy of their employees working in fear of them. I personally witnessed a regional manager bad mouth the owner in the presence of staff. Gossip, started by Sr. leaders, is very common.

I wouldn't even recommend this company to an enemy. I'm seeking employment elsewhere. – less
Run NOW!
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), Somewhere in the SouthNovember 1, 2014
Pros: my colleagues are great to work with, with the sole exception of whatever student-du-jour is on the premises.
Cons: long drive, substandard equipment, no clean wipes (have to use towels), management lies, low hours making your paycheck a lot lower than you expected, travel reimbursement is a joke.
My experience with TMC has been tainted from the beginning. They over-hire employees, leaving current employees with lower hours. They lie to their employees, and nickel-and-dime you to death. Any time you hear a company tout their "Christian values", run! Their hands are always out and you will not get what you were promised in your offer letter. TMC's "ALL IN" culture means just that... THEY are ALL IN to get you to do as much as you can for as little support they can give you. RUN LIKE YOU STOLE IT! I may be working there now, but I am definitely looking to get out. I will lose my skills if I stay here.

Side note: If there must be a student on the premises, keep him/her out of the other therapists' hair. There is a an OTA student on the premises, and she has the loudest mouth I've ever heard. She gets in the way and contradicts senior PT's in their treatments and documentation. How does this help anyone?
A dreadful place to work
Rehab Coordinator (Former Employee), Birminghan ALMay 13, 2014
Pros: the pay is ok
Cons: management are clueless..
Very unstable place to work a typical day of work is stressful,i did'nt learn much about therapy.My co-workers were great it's all management.The hardest part of my job was trying to get the proper training for the job from my supervisor.The best part of my jod where the patients i really loved them and they loved me.
PRODUCTIVITY = GREED
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee), NationalMay 11, 2014
Cons: productivity, ethics
It is truly amazing to see how greedy this company really is. This company requires 100% productivity which means you would have to comment medicare fraud to be productive enough for them to keep your job. The company ha s charity that they cram down your throat wanting you to consistently donate too, including pay roll deductions that you are "highly encouraged to do" Management is constantly pushing this and providing various projects to do for the cause. Many unethical things come out of this company.
A Solid Company
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), Houma, LAMay 11, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, good pay rate, great co-workers.
Cons: traveling to job.
A typical day at work for me consists of schedule making in the morning for the Physical Therapists and myself. I manage making sure that we are on top of sixth visits and we follow the practice act correctly. Then after the patients are done with their breakfast and getting their pills from their nurses I help my co-workers bring down a majority of our patients so we can start treating them. My co-workers are some of the easiest people to work with. They are all team players, willing to lend anyone a hand at any second. The hardest part of my job is getting to work. I have to drive 90 minutes everyday to work. It is very tiring on me. The most enjoyable part of my day and when I notice the patients see themselves getting better each day.
Very well managed
Traveling Secretary (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: great team of people to work for.
Cons: lack of break time.
The facilities were constantly busy. Usually steady stream of patients, this where multitasking played in. I was doing many things at once.
I enjoyed working with the people and many of the task I performed.
Comfortable Work Environment-Great People
PM Support (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: great people
The roles & responsibilities are diversified amongst the staff. The specific roles are a bit mosaic which creates a cloud of specific identity.
COTA/ Internal Traveler (Current Employee), Homosassa, FLNovember 25, 2013
Cons: at times patients can be unmotivated.
In all the facilities I have been assigned the staff was friendly and accommodating. I believe I have made some life long friendships and many memories a long the way. TMC has many fund raisers for various causes.
Great Company. Great Values
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee), Texas City, TXOctober 6, 2013
Pros: understand business at the ground level
Cons: no many
TMC is a company that is always striving to provided service excellence to all they serve including the employee. The owners are actively involved in all areas of the company and are always looking for better ways to run this wonderful company.
Family values and caring about employees is a myth
Manager (Former Employee), Florida, LAMay 27, 2013
Pros: many locations
Cons: ownership, leadership, benefits
This company is about money and the owners/leaders getting rich, hedgehog employee council is a smoke screen. Many surprising things happen in this company and tearing down employees worth. Avoid this company.
Great place to work. Co-workers are cooperative and patients willing to try activities that apply to their functional improvement.
Speech-Language Pathologist-PRN (Current Employee), Destrehan, LAMay 19, 2013
Pros: having the opportunity to provide speech therapy services for these patients.
Cons: when a patient i'm treating becomes ill and has to be hospitalized or expires.
Great people to work with--cooperative team effort. A typical day at work involved treating patient's individual therapy needs-oral mechanism strengthening exercises, swallowing monitoring with appropriate food textures, and cognition activities. I learned to always maintain an optimistic attitude around the residents even when I didn't feel like it--that was probably the most challenging part of the job--thank goodness I had very few days like that! The most enjoyable part of the job was always being in the presence of the patients for whom I was providing the services.
No materials. Brought my personal tools to work with.
Unappreciated Therapist (Former Employee), Somewhere in the SouthApril 20, 2013
Pros: loved my sweet patients! worked with a couple nice people. we had to help keep eachother sane!
Cons: everything else!!
Management is awful!!!! My area & regional manager were unreliable, difficult to talk to, & would tell you LIES regarding raises, transfers, or anything else just so you would stop asking. They don't want to be bothered with doing their job! Poor rehab director was overloaded doing her job & picking up their slack! They talk a lot of hype regarding "quality" patient care & a good Christian environment, but all they want is for every resident that comes through the door to be treated regardless of if they need it or not. YOUR clinical judgement doesn't matter. It's all about the almighty dollar! Oh...and don't think for a second they care anything about your well-being. No compassion for their employees...NONE AT ALL! They'll hang you out to dry in a heartbeat! Run as fast as you can!

July 4, 2013

As a speech pathologist at two TMC facilities (Carlisle and England, Arkansas), I can tell you that they own absolutely no diagnostic or treatment materials for treating any of the kinds of patients normally seen by an SLP in this environment. Promises to obtain needed supplies are unfulfilled. This company is simply selfish and cheap. The truth, or lack of it, is not a hindrance to them. In my experience of 40 years as an SLP, manager and speech consultant, my recommendation is that this is a company to avoid.

Don't Go There!
Office (Former Employee), Homosassa, FLMarch 23, 2013
Dictatorship is a good analogy. Surprising things happen there... sometimes unbelievable!
Great Company!!!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Homosassa, FLFebruary 8, 2013
I love working for a company that puts such a strong emphasis on "Service Excellence".

July 4, 2013

Notice that the author does not direct his or her comments to TMC specifically. How objective can a comment from an employee at the company's home office be? At the same time, this is representative of the management team's ethics and relating style. My recommendation is to seek employment with a company with a reputation for honesty and integrity.

Not a good company to work for
Rehab Tech (Former Employee), Florida, Alabama, Texas,January 28, 2013
Pros: there one maybe two good people out of the bunch!
Cons: there was not 1 honest rehab managers/ director/ tech, in this facility. they all taked about one another behind each other's backs.
TMC (certain location) is filled with unscrupulous rehab managers. Some of the therapist was not a great set of people to work with. The rehab managers are pressured by their area managers to get the job done in the nursing homes, but do so at a price. They trade ethics for productivity to ease the pressure from their middle managers.

The few good employees TMC – more... has had in many regions have fled the company. .

You will find dishonesty prevails over ethics in choosing patients for caseload. You will also find Therapist/Rehab directors who do some of the most dishonest things you'll ever see in your lifetime.

You can lose your credentials working for TMC. Let the prospective employee beware.
Former employee that saw the light
Prior employee (Former Employee), FloridaJanuary 27, 2013
Cons: hours expectations and lying supervisors
This company works their people to death wants 100 % productivity which is a joke. They buy nothing needed for therapy. When you buy supplies they hide them when you leave
I would go be a greeter at Walmart rather than waste my professional knowledge and integrity for this money grabbing corporation
Don't believe the advertising...
Therapist (Current Employee), TexasJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: they talk a good game
Cons: terrible customer service, awful treatment of staff
They boast about their values and ethics. That is all a sham. While I really enjoyed the team I worked with, the upper management was deplorable. They are more focused on the almighty dollar than what is appropriate for the patient. And, don't expect your loyalty to the company to be rewarded. They will throw you out with the garbage if they can hire someone at a lower rate, no matter what you have done for them.

Therapy Management Corporation Salaries