Therapy Management Corporation Employee Reviews

Innovative, fun and client-centered!
Rehab Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 23, 2017
I thoroughly enjoy working for TMC. The company has an awesome culture and provides a variety of opportunities and resources to grow professionally and otherwise. It's privately-owned and the owners have a heart for serving others. The environment can be challenging as the company is dedicated to proactively planning for changes in the healthcare system and rehab industry. In my 6 yrs of work experience (in different facilities) I have observed that people who have negative opinions about the company lack the work ethic, motivation and/or heart to rise up to the challenge to fulfill their job duties and serve our patients.
Pros
Variety of educational opportunities, family culture, fun company-wide contests and activities
Cons
High productivity standards
Think twice- unethical and unprofessional "culture"
therapist/rehab director (Former Employee) –  MissouriFebruary 15, 2017
Dont let their website and "culture" fool you. Area and Regional Management are very unethical and unprofessional. More therapists resigned and terminated than employees that remained with this company. If you're looking for a company that doesn't practice what it preaches, this is the one for you. I have worked for several companies and this is by far the one I wouldn't recommend ANYONE work for.
Pros
competitive pay, good benefits
Cons
poor management, toxic workplace, documentation system
Current employee. I have worked for 4 other contract therapy companies.
Rehab Director (Current Employee) –  MissouriFebruary 7, 2017
TMC is the only contract therapy company out there who holds management accountable to the same standards as field staff. They do not just hire anyone to fill a position. They are selective and this creates a more positive work environment for everyone. When compared to TMC, other rehab companies do not offer enough support for vacations, customer support, or general help when needed. TMC management is always willing to help and the Area Managers do treatments in the facilities. Name another company where the AM or AVP actually treats? And will come to a secluded building for an eval if needed? Also, all facilities have a rehab coordinator to assist, 40 hours a week. That is amazing. Just tjink, if you are a program manager or director of rehab withe another company how different things would be if you had someone to help with printing, filing, scheduling, and minute planning every day.
Pros
Core values, protective of their culture, mission statement, and customer support.
Cons
I have an hour drive, but that is not related to TMC.
Very great work place with friendly staff!
LPTA (Current Employee) –  Magee, MSDecember 26, 2016
I enjoy this company and facility! I have no complaints besides the high productivity. Working in the nursing homes and TMC locations have all been well up to par in my opinion. Also, the documentation software is simple and easy to navigate.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks and high productivity
Worst place ever!!
Therapist (Former Employee) –  MSDecember 13, 2016
Don't let their "family oriented" logo fool you! Middle management is horrible and they are backed up by the VP's which give the "working class" folks no where to go! The RD's run over the therapist and since you can't go to the AM you're stuck!! I've been yelled at, ignored and wrote up for things the RD did! I have seen a couple of reviews that described TMC as a cult, well I have to agree. Don't work here unless you are broke or have no other choice! Move!! Do anything but work for these people!
Benefits
Cons
Horrible management
Proud to work for this company
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Homosassa, FLSeptember 8, 2016
I have worked for TMC for 12.5 years and I must say they have grown so much through the years. I feel like as an employee I do have a voice and my opinions do matter. Management really does take the time to fix problems when they arise. The company gladly gives me the tools I need to complete my job, and they are always willing to listen to suggestions on how to simplify things. They have great bonuses- amazing benefits, and the owners truly do care about this company and their staff. I am very proud to work for TMC.
Pros
Benefits, PTO, 401K, Bonuses
Cons
Long drive for me from home
unrealistic productivity and fraud
SLP (Former Employee) –  LouisianaAugust 18, 2016
It's all about the money. If you don't care about your license, work here. They require 100% productivity and don't care how you get it. Also, they have the lowest wages in the industry. Greedy
Supportive company of both professional and personal goals
Rehab Director (Current Employee) –  North MSJuly 24, 2016
I joined the TMC family over 3 years ago and it truly is a family. The owners are very personable and generous with their employees, always encouraging us and teaching us how to give and do for others. The opportunities they give us, like recognizing each other with awarding points, sending ecards, and earning the All In Award, gives us great incentives to do more and be more- not only at work, but in our respective communities. I love the support that local facilities give each other when in need and how our company hires only the best- not just someone with credentials behind their name. I truly think TMC is the best therapy company around and I am proud to be a part of it.
Pros
TMC has contracts with many local facilities, which is helpful when we are busy and need help or if we are slow and need hours
Cons
Low pay for Rehab Coordinators (who do so much for our teams), no yearly raises
Service Excellence...NOT!!!
Rehab Management (Former Employee) –  North FL (Gainesville/Lake City regions)July 22, 2016
Poor training, orientation and onboarding process, Horrible Upper Management support, Unclear picture of expectations, The LAZIEST and most UNETHICAL workers get all the praise, Grueling work hours and load and still not enough. Wanna work at home? Ok! BUT not on the clock. "Too many chiefs and not enough Iindians." atmosphere, Cookie Cutter patient care OK..just get those RUG minutes!! Poor technical equipment and support, First one in and last one to leave not recognized or appreciated. What "Contract Company" doesn't support better team and customer service building relations..?? This one, that's who!!! Do yourself a favor... RUN for the hills!!!
Pros
Experienced Therapy Team (Mostly)
Cons
Team Members bad behaviors welcomed, Empty company promises, Low pay/salary workers expected to work 60 hrs per week but NOT paid for more for 40 hours, Untrained/Involved Upper Management and Corporate Workers, unethical practices are encouraged and acceptable, expected to complete corporate workers tasks.
Productive and helpful
COTA PRN (Current Employee) –  Galena, KSJuly 18, 2016
Not a day goes by that people arent helping each other to make therapy an enjoyable experience for all the patients. It is a great place to be and to start out as a new cota/l.
Terrible cult like experience
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2016
Houston area managers are terrible. They don't fulfill their finical obligations to staff and directors. Worst experience working for a therapy company in a very long time. They seem to think they are a better company. All I did see was a company committed to the bottom dollar and no respect for staff....not excellence as they claim. I was put in a unorganized department with very very little training and expected to form to their cult like ways overnight. Don't work for them unless you like being micromanaged and belittled.
Pros
Tought me NOT trust a company even if offer letter signed
Cons
EVERYTHING:leadership, pay, flexibility, area/regional managers, support
Horrible people to deal with
OT (Former Employee) –  TXMay 16, 2016
They're a cultish type of folk. Downright scary to deal with. From corporate to the rehab department, they're absolutely scary. Don't speak up for yourself when things aren't going well or a coworker is being a bully because it's out the door you go. The bully stays and management looks the other way. They're unethical in some other locations I've worked but not here. The problem was just the coworker relations. Working there was traumatic to say the least.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management lies and supports bad employees
It was an ok job
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 27, 2016
Worked acute care in the hospital setting. I worked on the cardiac wing and occasionally helped out on the orthopedic wing.
Pros
Plenty of work, great supportive co workers
Best Company I Have Ever Worked For
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLApril 25, 2016
TMC is a company committed to excellence. They go above and beyond not only for their patients but for their employees as well. There is much room for growth within the company. Was very sad to have to leave them.
Unorganzied with a little place for job growth
Rehab Coordinator (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 7, 2016
With a child like environment the place was more of a social meeting then actual therapy. Gossip and news was basically what you learned all day. Never had a chance to learn new things because they were so behind. Management was gone most of the time and the one left in charge had a bad attitude and was more worried about what was on her phone then teaching anyone anything. Enjoyed meeting the patients they were about the only ones with common sense. The hardest part of the day was holding my anger back and not walking out.
Pros
Getting to know the patients
Cons
Everything but the patients.
Smoke and Mirrors
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 18, 2016
Yes it is a cult. "ALL IN" They force you to payroll deduct charity...not required but "EXPECTED". They are manipulative with their employees and "dangle the carrot" promising you something but never deliver. They give employees a bonus and spend the next year forcing their employees to kiss the owners butts over and over "THANK YOU" for my bonus. They talk their business up through propaganda videos and never mention the "THERAPY" part. Good enough for a paycheck but the owners are arrogant. Those who work/worked there no EXACTLY what I mean so you know my review is legitimate.
TMC cult
Staff therapist (Former Employee) –  MississippiFebruary 7, 2016
I was totally no impressed with the company. They overhire staff and leave employess competing for hours and suffering with lower salaries. They have productivity standards that are impossible to meet and pressure therapists to commit medicare fraud just to meet their company average. They have an "all in" motto that is more like a cult than a Christian company! And unfortunately, they seem to be taking over the south with the lies that they tell SNF owners and adminstrators about faux profitability. They people giving them positive reviews on here are their managers and ring leaders. Dont be fooled!!
Pros
free lunch with their dozens of mandatory meetings
Cons
Unethical expectations, low pay, unable to get full time hours
Not a very open environment.
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 6, 2016
This company is like a mirage. You think everything is well and is operating smoothly until you realize they are only there for their own benefit. Company prefers hiring new graduates and quick to get rid of employees with experience to cut costs and save money. Very quick to throw you under the bus if it benefits them keeping a contract without hesitation. They center around and all in culture style family, but simply disappear when you need them the most. Hardest part of the job was having poor communication all around that led to confusion, unexpected loss of hours, and being sent home early due to their own mistakes. Upper management is very strict when it came to productivity that was based on a weekly average, but at your throat if your productivity dropped once during the week.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Poor communication with management
Horrible
Rehab Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSOctober 30, 2015
Very disorganized, management is a joke and the therapists act like they are still in high school. Patient care is minimal due to therapists lack of patient attention.
Unrealistic
SLP (Former Employee) –  FLOctober 19, 2015
99% "efficiency"; Pay rate appears competitive; however, not for that kind of productivity standard. I will say rehab teams are supportive and DORs always supported staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Therapy Management Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8