Therapy Management Corporation

Therapy Management Corporation Employer Reviews

PRODUCTIVITY = GREED
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee), NationalMay 11, 2014
Cons: productivity, ethics
It is truly amazing to see how greedy this company really is. This company requires 100% productivity which means you would have to comment medicare fraud to be productive enough for them to keep your job. The company ha s charity that they cram down your throat wanting you to consistently donate too, including pay roll deductions that you are "highly – more... encouraged to do" Management is constantly pushing this and providing various projects to do for the cause. Many unethical things come out of this company. – less
A Solid Company
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), Houma, LAMay 11, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, good pay rate, great co-workers.
Cons: traveling to job.
A typical day at work for me consists of schedule making in the morning for the Physical Therapists and myself. I manage making sure that we are on top of sixth visits and we follow the practice act correctly. Then after the patients are done with their breakfast and getting their pills from their nurses I help my co-workers bring down a majority of – more... our patients so we can start treating them. My co-workers are some of the easiest people to work with. They are all team players, willing to lend anyone a hand at any second. The hardest part of my job is getting to work. I have to drive 90 minutes everyday to work. It is very tiring on me. The most enjoyable part of my day and when I notice the patients see themselves getting better each day. – less
Very well managed
Traveling Secretary (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: great team of people to work for.
Cons: lack of break time.
The facilities were constantly busy. Usually steady stream of patients, this where multitasking played in. I was doing many things at once.
I enjoyed working with the people and many of the task I performed.
Comfortable Work Environment-Great People
PM Support (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: great people
The roles & responsibilities are diversified amongst the staff. The specific roles are a bit mosaic which creates a cloud of specific identity.
COTA/ Internal Traveler (Current Employee), Homosassa, FLNovember 25, 2013
Cons: at times patients can be unmotivated.
In all the facilities I have been assigned the staff was friendly and accommodating. I believe I have made some life long friendships and many memories a long the way. TMC has many fund raisers for various causes.
Great Company. Great Values
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee), Texas City, TXOctober 6, 2013
Pros: understand business at the ground level
Cons: no many
TMC is a company that is always striving to provided service excellence to all they serve including the employee. The owners are actively involved in all areas of the company and are always looking for better ways to run this wonderful company.
Family values and caring about employees is a myth
Manager (Former Employee), Florida, LAMay 27, 2013
Pros: many locations
Cons: ownership, leadership, benefits
This company is about money and the owners/leaders getting rich, hedgehog employee council is a smoke screen. Many surprising things happen in this company and tearing down employees worth. Avoid this company.
Great place to work. Co-workers are cooperative and patients willing to try activities that apply to their functional improvement.
Speech-Language Pathologist-PRN (Current Employee), Destrehan, LAMay 19, 2013
Pros: having the opportunity to provide speech therapy services for these patients.
Cons: when a patient i'm treating becomes ill and has to be hospitalized or expires.
Great people to work with--cooperative team effort. A typical day at work involved treating patient's individual therapy needs-oral mechanism strengthening exercises, swallowing monitoring with appropriate food textures, and cognition activities. I learned to always maintain an optimistic attitude around the residents even when I didn't feel like it--that – more... was probably the most challenging part of the job--thank goodness I had very few days like that! The most enjoyable part of the job was always being in the presence of the patients for whom I was providing the services. – less
No materials. Brought my personal tools to work with.
Unappreciated Therapist (Former Employee), Somewhere in the SouthApril 20, 2013
Pros: loved my sweet patients! worked with a couple nice people. we had to help keep eachother sane!
Cons: everything else!!
Management is awful!!!! My area & regional manager were unreliable, difficult to talk to, & would tell you LIES regarding raises, transfers, or anything else just so you would stop asking. They don't want to be bothered with doing their job! Poor rehab director was overloaded doing her job & picking up their slack! They talk a lot of hype regarding – more... "quality" patient care & a good Christian environment, but all they want is for every resident that comes through the door to be treated regardless of if they need it or not. YOUR clinical judgement doesn't matter. It's all about the almighty dollar! Oh...and don't think for a second they care anything about your well-being. No compassion for their employees...NONE AT ALL! They'll hang you out to dry in a heartbeat! Run as fast as you can! – less

RSmith15 – July 4, 2013

As a speech pathologist at two TMC facilities (Carlisle and England, Arkansas), I can tell you that they own absolutely no diagnostic or treatment materials for treating any of the kinds of patients normally seen by an SLP in this environment. Promises to obtain needed supplies are unfulfilled. This company is simply selfish and cheap. The truth, or lack of it, is not a hindrance to them. In my experience of 40 years as an SLP, manager and speech consultant, my recommendation is that this is a company to avoid.

Don't Go There!
Office (Former Employee), Homosassa, FLMarch 23, 2013
Dictatorship is a good analogy. Surprising things happen there... sometimes unbelievable!
Great Company!!!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Homosassa, FLFebruary 8, 2013
I love working for a company that puts such a strong emphasis on "Service Excellence".

RSmith15 – July 4, 2013

Notice that the author does not direct his or her comments to TMC specifically. How objective can a comment from an employee at the company's home office be? At the same time, this is representative of the management team's ethics and relating style. My recommendation is to seek employment with a company with a reputation for honesty and integrity.

Not a good company to work for
Rehab Tech (Former Employee), Florida, Alabama, Texas,January 28, 2013
Pros: there one maybe two good people out of the bunch!
Cons: there was not 1 honest rehab managers/ director/ tech, in this facility. they all taked about one another behind each other's backs.
TMC (certain location) is filled with unscrupulous rehab managers. Some of the therapist was not a great set of people to work with. The rehab managers are pressured by their area managers to get the job done in the nursing homes, but do so at a price. They trade ethics for productivity to ease the pressure from their middle managers.

The few good – more... employees TMC – more... has had in many regions have fled the company. .

You will find dishonesty prevails over ethics in choosing patients for caseload. You will also find Therapist/Rehab directors who do some of the most dishonest things you'll ever see in your lifetime.

You can lose your credentials working for TMC. Let the prospective employee beware. – less
Former employee that saw the light
Prior employee (Former Employee), FloridaJanuary 27, 2013
Cons: hours expectations and lying supervisors
This company works their people to death wants 100 % productivity which is a joke. They buy nothing needed for therapy. When you buy supplies they hide them when you leave
I would go be a greeter at Walmart rather than waste my professional knowledge and integrity for this money grabbing corporation
Don't believe the advertising...
Therapist (Current Employee), TexasJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: they talk a good game
Cons: terrible customer service, awful treatment of staff
They boast about their values and ethics. That is all a sham. While I really enjoyed the team I worked with, the upper management was deplorable. They are more focused on the almighty dollar than what is appropriate for the patient. And, don't expect your loyalty to the company to be rewarded. They will throw you out with the garbage if they can hire – more... someone at a lower rate, no matter what you have done for them. – less
Small therapy room but excellent comraderie among therapists.
Staff OTR (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLDecember 9, 2012
Pros: good environment
Cons: not enough patients.
Good benefits, good job security, excellent managers. Everyone was fun.
Bad company
COTA (Former Employee), louisianaNovember 29, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: dumb documatation system brain wash therapist, low pay and cutthroat area managers
company has unprofessional area managers who put pressure on RD to control therapist like robots. This company wants everything there way and brain wash all there therapist to thinking there documentation is the best but is no better than any other company out there. If you don't want to be a robot stay away from this company
SLP (Current Employee), Jackson, MSOctober 24, 2012
Pros: good people
Cons: caseload is not high enough
I thoroughly enjoy my patients. I enjoy helping them overcome deficits that they may display.
Don't go there. You will regret it.
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee), Alabama, MississippiSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: great coworkers.
Cons: i can count the number of honest rehab managers i've work with in tmc on one hand.
TMC is filled with unscrupulous rehab managers. The therapy staffs are usually a great set of people with whom to work. The rehab managers are pressured by their area managers to get the job done in the nursing homes, but do so at a price. They trade ethics for productivity to ease the pressure from their middle managers.

The few good employees TMC – more... has had in many regions have fled the company. Go work for TMC/Tristar, and you'll find low pay for your experience and professional skills.

You will find dishonesty prevails over ethics in choosing patients for caseload. You will also find managers who do some of the most dishonest things you'll ever see in your lifetime.

RSmith15 – July 4, 2013

I could not agree more with you. In my experience, the therapists with whom I have worked at TMC have been outstanding people, both personally and professionally. Unfortunately, they allow themselves to be misled and mistreated by a less-than-honest group of facility and area managers. This company does NOT support its clinicians; it is not above being dishonest in terms of what it tells its therapists, its billing practices and its personnel policies. This is one employer to avoid. Two facilities in particular to be avoided are located in Carlisle and England, Arkansas. The requirement for travel between buildings is there, however they have no patients who are truly legitimate candidates for Medicare part A or part B services. Nevertheless, the pressure for productivity (100%) is great and it is relentless. Be prepared to devote a great deal of uncompensated, personal time to work activities that benefit TMC.

Modern Company with Traditional Values
Rehab Tech/Rehab Director (Former Employee), Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, TexasAugust 28, 2012
TMC is a company truly commited to excellence. They are a strong rehab company with caring management and great opportunities for advancement.
Work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Liberty, TXApril 24, 2012
I loved working for TMC. They made you feel like family and were awesome people to work for. The work environment was very relaxed and fun.