Therma-Tru Doors Employee Reviews in United States

Overtime Overtime Overtime
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Howe, INApril 16, 2016
Steel stamping plant for the auto industry. I learned how to efficiently and safely operate a forklift. Most of management was great I say most because the HR lady was an absolute nightmare to deal with. Co-workers were great and there really was'nt a hard part about the job besides all the overtime. 50 to 65 hours a week were normal there.
Id reccommend this company to anybody in need of a full time job ready to build their career.
Warehouse Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Howe, INOctober 31, 2015
Its an excellent company with great pay and even better benefits. Its strict but necessary. If hired in your treated like gold, your very well compensated when it comes to pay and benefits.
Pros
Great pay, lots of overtime, great benefits
Cons
Management is strict but not unfair
Great Expierience
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Butler, INApril 14, 2016
Only worked their for one rotation. Gained valuable experience while also being a contributor. Co-workers were great. I enjoyed the challenging tasks that were given to me.
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Sales Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHApril 14, 2016
Very special people that work very hard. Great building and security. Very good environment for focusing. Very free and open to work at your pace.
Awesome work culture!
Director Technical Operations & Services (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHApril 5, 2016
Best place I have ever worked. ThermaTru and Fortune Brands treat their associates unlike any company I have ever worked for in the past.
work well with schedule
Floor Worker and Repair (Former Employee) –  Butler, INApril 13, 2016
simple and easy work. every day was the same and was really just a factory job. I did it for a summer during college and they worked well with my schedule.
Productive, Fast-paced, and all-around welcoming environment
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Butler, INSeptember 30, 2015
Throughout the time I spent at Therma Tru Doors, the entire time I spent there was amazing. The people were more than welcome to help you understand their job, what are the common problems that occur, their input on changes they think could work, and the ability to work on equipment was very enthusing. As my time there became longer and longer, the projects became more difficult and challenging with testing my engineering, statistical, and safety knowledge. In the long run though, I was able to complete different projects and be able to help out different processes that were in need of optimization by decreasing downtime and increasing quality restraints on chemicals.
Pros
Exciting, welcoming environment, helpful staff, company events
Cons
job just like any other office job
HR Administrator/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHOctober 15, 2015
hard work, decent pay. Enjoyable staff of people to learn from. The office started to get crowded as the company grew and it was more difficult to get to know the new people. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day.
Pros
people
Cons
people
Poorly organized
CSR (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHAugust 15, 2015
Management is poorly organized and is unwilling to help when the manager is needed. One department is overly swamped and is constantly reprimanded because they have 5 people doing the work for 8 people. The hardest part is having to deal with the manager who takes an excessive amount of breaks and is constantly putting his team down. The job does not pay for the amount of work that is needing to be done on specified time limits and while being short staffed.
Pros
Co workers are all working hard and it was an honor to help them
Cons
There needs to bbe a change in the downstairs management.
caring company
assembly (Former Employee) –  Butler, IndianaOctober 8, 2015
This company cared. They treat their employees well. Almost everyone was outgoing. Employees were well informed on what was going on in the company.
Customer Service/Scheduling
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Butler, INAugust 16, 2015
I loved my job. Started from ground floor and thru several promotions made it to Customer Service. I serviced Therma Tru's largest company. Part of my job was to travel and train.
Productive and associate oriented
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Butler, INAugust 10, 2015
Great place to work at. Management is very involved in associate development. There are some things that are negative, but I think they can be said about most companies.
company went under
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 8, 2015
This company did not understand the value of their customers or employees, hence the reason they had to close the doors.
Pros
getting paid
Cons
lack of encouragement
Great place towork
CAD Designer (Current Employee) –  Edgerton, OHAugust 4, 2015
Great place to work, no room foe advancement. You need to continue education which isnt a bad thing but school is too expensive right now to go back.
Lots of overtime!
PAINTER (Former Employee) –  Butler, INApril 24, 2015
Too much overtime. Do not recommend. You practically live there! Weekdays and weekends! The supervisors and group leaders are out for themselves. Not a single person in management listens and allows your needs to succeed.
Pros
NONE
Cons
6 YEARS TOO LONG
fiberglass door manufacturing company
Analyst Senior Data (Current Employee) –  Edgerton, OHMay 10, 2015
Great company which strives to maintain its place as the #1 door manufacturing company in the USA. Is striving to have "too many chiefs and not enough Indians" in current culture.
Successful company.
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAApril 20, 2015
You can see the results of your work. Teamwork important and appreciated. Rank and file not as important as everyone making a contribution. They listen to everyone. No idea is unimportant. Safety is a big feature.
Productive gained valuable knowledge and experience.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAApril 4, 2015
Typical work day consisted of getting to my work station, performing the job that had to be done for the day. Good managers and team members, who worked well together.
Breeze Door Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Butler, INApril 1, 2015
First company I have seen that wants to and gives you the tools to succeed. I took full advantage of their teaching and got quickly promoted in the ranks. The money is good along with the benefits.
Good factory to work at
Shipping Technician / Materials Control (Former Employee) –  Butler, INJuly 11, 2012
I worked there for 8 yrs and enjoyed working for the company. They do a lot for there employees that most factories in the area do not..There is always company outing some are family oriented and some are just for adults. They do there best to include your family into there functions. Most of the management is there for the employees and want to see the suceed.
Pros
breaks every 2 hours and good benefits
Cons
summer time you could feel like you live there with 12 hour days 6-7 days a week