Therma-Tru Doors Employee Reviews

not bad
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Butler, INApril 6, 2017
this place is a great paying and good benefits. i just had a bad experence with the superviser. i was treated great at first but after i hurt my arm then i was treated way differently
great place to work
Business Application Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJanuary 26, 2017
My time at Therma-Tru was another opportunity to understand ERP Systems and how to configure them for each situation. Enjoyed my time here.
High-end door manufacturer that was always striving for excellence
Technical Writer/Document Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Butler, IN 46721January 16, 2017
Day started with review of the last shift production review and making a priority list of projects and brief summaries from associates to ensure all priorities and projects are addressed and verify accomplishments or hurdles to help get resources to get them completed.

I learned managing associates with different responsibilities and team groups to have a cross-functional approach to reviewing, creating, resolving on issues or projects on a regular basis. Along with creating intranet websites to use across the departments to bring all information to one place, and writing SQL functions and macros to make them more interactive.

This environment was large and could be frustrating at times, but also gave a way to learn to deal and work with all different types in order to accomplish the same goals.

Hardest part of the job was balancing goals, daily functions and projects to get them all addressed and accomplished in the times that had a lot of issues that had to be fixed before the rest could be moved forward.

Most enjoyable part of this position was the satisfaction of creating, implementing and maintaining systems that helped make interactive work functions more efficient.
Pros
Management was equipmented to allow a lot of thinking outside the box
Cons
Hours could be long with exhausting timelines to finish projects
Great company
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Butler, INJanuary 3, 2017
A great company that cares for their people! Excellent benefits, pay is great, and this comings does so much for their employees, from Christmas party's, giving free items out, couldn't ask for a better place to work!
good places
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Butler, INNovember 3, 2016
Good plsce to work at love the people some was not but it was good
to be there love the pay to.management need to work on.Which they wood late me go back
Pros
good placse
Very employee oriented
BPO Stock Worker (Current Employee) –  Butler, INOctober 3, 2016
Honestly I really love this place so far, they care so much about their employees and their safety. It's awesome.There's all sorts of things in place to make sure that you're going to be safe and you can even suggest new things if you find anything wrong. Management very willing to work with you and great staff.
Productive and Employee Oriented Workplace
Order Filler (Current Employee) –  Howe, INSeptember 12, 2016
Therma Tru took care of all their employees and made sure that it was a comfortable place to work for the employees. A typical day at work starts with clocking in and stretching, the a brief overview of the last day of work.

The hardest part of the job is learning how each product fits on the pallet.
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks
Stable and reliable place to work.
Administrator & Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Butler, INApril 17, 2016
My work day consists of review maintenance schedules, checking inventory, running replenishment reports as needed, purchase items needed for work orders or stock, review labor and compare to accounting reports, and whatever else needs to happen. I also assist in reviewing current budgets and assist in setting up the department's annual budget. I have learned new software programs, leadership skills, and how to work with all levels of employees from production workers to management. Management is very driven about safety and producing quality parts as demanded. The down fall is that there is very minimal job advancement within the company.
Overtime Overtime Overtime
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Howe, INApril 16, 2016
Steel stamping plant for the auto industry. I learned how to efficiently and safely operate a forklift. Most of management was great I say most because the HR lady was an absolute nightmare to deal with. Co-workers were great and there really was'nt a hard part about the job besides all the overtime. 50 to 65 hours a week were normal there.
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Sales Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHApril 14, 2016
Very special people that work very hard. Great building and security. Very good environment for focusing. Very free and open to work at your pace.
Great Expierience
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Butler, INApril 14, 2016
Only worked their for one rotation. Gained valuable experience while also being a contributor. Co-workers were great. I enjoyed the challenging tasks that were given to me.
work well with schedule
Floor Worker and Repair (Former Employee) –  Butler, INApril 13, 2016
simple and easy work. every day was the same and was really just a factory job. I did it for a summer during college and they worked well with my schedule.
Awesome work culture!
Director Technical Operations & Services (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHApril 5, 2016
Best place I have ever worked. ThermaTru and Fortune Brands treat their associates unlike any company I have ever worked for in the past.
Id reccommend this company to anybody in need of a full time job ready to build their career.
Warehouse Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Howe, INOctober 31, 2015
Its an excellent company with great pay and even better benefits. Its strict but necessary. If hired in your treated like gold, your very well compensated when it comes to pay and benefits.
Pros
Great pay, lots of overtime, great benefits
Cons
Management is strict but not unfair
job just like any other office job
HR Administrator/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHOctober 15, 2015
hard work, decent pay. Enjoyable staff of people to learn from. The office started to get crowded as the company grew and it was more difficult to get to know the new people. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day.
Pros
people
Cons
people
caring company
assembly (Former Employee) –  Butler, IndianaOctober 8, 2015
This company cared. They treat their employees well. Almost everyone was outgoing. Employees were well informed on what was going on in the company.
Productive, Fast-paced, and all-around welcoming environment
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Butler, INSeptember 30, 2015
Throughout the time I spent at Therma Tru Doors, the entire time I spent there was amazing. The people were more than welcome to help you understand their job, what are the common problems that occur, their input on changes they think could work, and the ability to work on equipment was very enthusing. As my time there became longer and longer, the projects became more difficult and challenging with testing my engineering, statistical, and safety knowledge. In the long run though, I was able to complete different projects and be able to help out different processes that were in need of optimization by decreasing downtime and increasing quality restraints on chemicals.
Pros
Exciting, welcoming environment, helpful staff, company events
Customer Service/Scheduling
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Butler, INAugust 16, 2015
I loved my job. Started from ground floor and thru several promotions made it to Customer Service. I serviced Therma Tru's largest company. Part of my job was to travel and train.
Poorly organized
CSR (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHAugust 15, 2015
Management is poorly organized and is unwilling to help when the manager is needed. One department is overly swamped and is constantly reprimanded because they have 5 people doing the work for 8 people. The hardest part is having to deal with the manager who takes an excessive amount of breaks and is constantly putting his team down. The job does not pay for the amount of work that is needing to be done on specified time limits and while being short staffed.
Pros
Co workers are all working hard and it was an honor to help them
Cons
There needs to bbe a change in the downstairs management.
Productive and associate oriented
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Butler, INAugust 10, 2015
Great place to work at. Management is very involved in associate development. There are some things that are negative, but I think they can be said about most companies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Therma-Tru Doors. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2