Thermal Engineering International Employee Reviews in United States

VERY fun place to work, everyone treated me as if I were their child. This would be an ideal place for me to pursue a career.
Industrial Engineering Intern/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOSeptember 29, 2015
Thermal Engineering was, by far, the best place I have worked at. The way that school has always portrayed the workforce to be was nothing like here at TEi. Granted work was always constant and people were always busy but everyone there understood the differences between work and "play". I received words of encouragement everyday, not to mention advice from wiser-than-me adults. There wasnt someone always breathing down my neck or watching me, they kind of lived by a "you're an adult" concept so I was liable for anything I messed up AND did correct and was always praised.
Pros
Worked around school schedule, the workers
Cons
Decline of business
easy entry level position
Combo welder/fitter (Former Employee) –  joplin, moSeptember 12, 2014
very slow paced, skims on code welding where they can. professional when the job requires. lots of welding and knowledge to be learned but not up to date with todays standards.
Pros
always overtime
Cons
lowest wages for codes shops in the country
Excellent Product and Great Coworkers
General (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOMarch 25, 2014
Typically 8 to 5 day. . Management keeps company in constant turmoil.
Pros
great hours and flexibility
Cons
very little upward mobility, constant management turnover
Fun work place, with great potential.
Plant Controller (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKFebruary 11, 2014
Review material and production results. Review inventory value and assess current standard cost.

Assist with and developing business processes and controls to improve operations.

Prepare financial reports and KPI's and review with Sr. Plant Management team.

Great team!! The hardest part of the job was watching a complete lack of Executive Leadership run the company out of business.
The people were incredible.
Pros
fun work environment, great boss!!
Cons
saw it coming. now out of business.
It was good job, but the end is near.
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKNovember 24, 2013
The plant is closing at the beginig of the Year. I Have been here for three years now. I have become very familiar with Sec VIII and HEI codes through TEI. Achieved my Level II in RT, PT, MT, VT, BLT. Level I in UT. I am a CWI "Certified Welding Inspector".
Pros
good pay
Cons
they want you here 7 days a week
My Typical Day at Thermal Engineering
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAAugust 26, 2013
Most of my day consists of processing invoices, research and resolve accounts payable discrepancies, questions and issues to make sure prompt and appropriate payment to our vendors and subcontractors. I performed a check run on Wednesday’s of each week. I also assist with monthly accruals on month end closing. Additionally, I assist the accounting manager with newly reports that involve excel by creating new spreadsheets and creating an efficient template along with formulas.

First thing when I come in to work is to open my email to check for any inquiries from other accounting staff and vendors and ensure I noted down to resolve within 24 hours. I then work on newly received expense reports and invoices ensuring to stamp them and begin to audit them by matching it with its backup, confirm correct GL account number coding, and obtain proper approval to then process them in Costpoint for payment, if there are no discrepancies. I always prioritize all expense reports, invoices that hit us with late charges, invoices that have discounts and utility invoices.
Good company to work for With good pay and benefits.
EHS Manufacturing Manager (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 9, 2013
Good experience with wide variety of personalities and opportunity to work outside your comfort zone.

Management has been good to work for and pay and benefits are very good.

Good group of steady employees who are good at their jobs.

The most enjoyable part of the job has been helping our facility and employees reach direct and indirect goals that improved our workplace.
Pros
quarterly bonuses and quarterly meals. good pay and benefits.
Cons
limited opportunities for advancement from present position.
Project motivated, experince individuals surrounding workplace
Project Assist/Doc Control/Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAOctober 17, 2012
Dealing with time sensitive problem solving issues. work with project managers & engineers in regard to customer specifications.
Its very advantageous to now status of all on going projects by heart.
Its important to be productive than on time.
Good place to work friendly and profesional
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAJune 13, 2012
Nice place to work, good training, All employees know their work and help co-workers. A profesional enviorement.
Pros
flexible hours good comunication
Cons
is located in los angeles