Thermo Fisher Scientific

Thermo Fisher Scientific Employee Reviews

Was a good job
Manager of a lab (Former Employee), Hereford TXAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Own boss in general
Cons: Had to take the rap for mistakes made by others
I recieved and processed Fetal Bovine Serum .
Also I was the manager so I did all aspects of ordering , and paperwork and organizing and maintaining the lab.
I sent emails daily and aslo made sure lab complied with all regulations set by company and FDA and USDA.
Lab Work
Quality Assurance Lab Technician (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSAugust 23, 2015
Repetitive work, everyday tasks make time go fast. Company acquires more accounts but puts little back into the company.
Poor management
Development Scientist (Current Employee), Lenexa, KansasAugust 18, 2015
The organization of management is not functional. They hire unqualified people that are unable to train their employees. There is no support, guidance or training available for employees. They do not pay employees a competitive rate and have outrageous expectations.
Great Start to my Career
Key Account Manager (Current Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: None
Thermo Fisher Scientific is a great place to start and end a career. The best thing about Thermo is the customer you work with everyday. They are some of the smartest people in the world.
Team moral very low not a fun place to work
Team Member (Current Employee), Fremont, CAAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Great employees
Cons: Lack of support from upper leadership
The management team is lacking appreciation of all the hard work all the employees do for the company. They make poor decisions and make last minute changes in their manufacturing plans on the fly that jeopardizes their on time deliveries metrics. Making poor business decision is going to cost this company their customers and their employees
Patients come first
Project Manager 1 (Current Employee), Rockville, MDAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Satisfaction of knowing you helped a client, fastpaced
Cons: low wage vs other industry leaders
My day is pretty hectic due to the sheer numbers of projects that I handle. Daily issues have to be resolved for more than 20 projects that I work on of which 14 I manage alone and others manage with other project managers. There are constant issues that need to be solved in order for me to satisfy client needs, orders, and requests. Managing staffing for all the client needs is an integral part of what I do everyday. I have to communicate with other cross-functional group to make sure we all are on the same page; quality, IT, operations, production, repository, executives, and other client services personnel. The hardest part of the job is always making sure clients are happy. Clients have patients depending on us to deliver their life saving drugs or critical testing kits. We have to make sure they are released on short notices, shipped overnight across the borders or even oceans and satisfy all special needs the client might have. I enjoy working due to knowing that my work leads to someone being treated.
Very productive place
Machine Operation (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIAugust 3, 2015
It has a very family atmosphere, co workers really pull together to get the job completed. there is a lot of mandatory over time and a lot of orders to fill. The position can very stressful at times but over all can handle it if you pace yourself.
Productive and fun place to work for.
Validation Specialist (Current Employee), Oakwood Village, OHAugust 3, 2015
Excellent company with excellent benefits. This is a fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop.
A great Biotechnology company with excellent benefits.
Product Specific Team Manager (Former Employee), Fremont, CAJuly 30, 2015
Responsible for manufacturing reagents,controls ans calibrators
Interact with Materials team to make sure the materials are available. Work with suppliers on technical issues of the material manufacturing. Work with Planning to have level loaded schedule.Address the issues related to no confirming product issues. Address CAPAs and fix the problems. Streamline manufacturing process. Participate in and advise on porduct transfer from R&D. Work with QC to expedite product releases. Comply with regulatory requirements.
very challenging - great worker teams
Sr. Technical Project Manager, Infrastructure (Current Employee), Frederick MDJuly 30, 2015
BioMedical company making great strides in improving peoples lives - proud to be a part of the IT team.
Large company with good advancement
Busy, goal oriented business
Senior Material Handler (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Good co-workers.
Cons: Moved out of U.S.
Dell manufacturing was great while it was here. Everyone worked as a team and aimed to reach goals. There were many job opportunities within the company at the time. It was a fun group.
Oversaw daily Instrument team functions
Pricing Supervisor (Former Employee), Grand Island, NYJuly 28, 2015
• Oversee quoting and order processing for all instrument orders in North America.
• Assist with redesign and implementation of North American Instrument Seed Program
• Follow all audit procedures.
• Help develop and implement automated sales quote request tool.
• Implemented mailbox metric tracking system to accurately track work metrics.
• Responsible for ~$35mm in order processing quarterly.
• Work with Project Management to optimize new instrument product launches.
• Synergize sales district coverage to improve team morale and ensure optimal coverage for North America.
• Review and discuss all escalation issues.
• Work with all internal support groups to ensure optimal level teamwork to improve customer satisfaction.
• Participate in all group practical process improvement sessions.
• Present slide deck at work group meetings.
Great Place to work
Service Engineer (Current Employee), North CarolinaJuly 27, 2015
Pros: You make your own schedule
Cons: slow advancement for service
Thermo is a great place to work. The benefits are outstanding, and the work/life balance is great as well.

The only thing that I do not like is the pay scale in certain areas is slow to rise. Get your money up front, because it will take years to make significant jumps.

Advancement is available, but it really depends on which segment you are in.
Fisher Scientific
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Flex Schedules
Cons: working on DOS
My job at Fisher Scientific is to answer inbound calls in a call center setting. I meet or exceed standards including but not limited to calls per day,average call time,and quality scores. My scores in adherence to schedule have always exceeded my goals.

The great part of my job is dealing with diverse cultures. My focus and understanding of the cultures help me serve the customer with skill.

My co-workers like myself are very dedicated and that point we support the group as a team. Management is also very supportive providing updates on service levels and help making each of us better.

The job is very hands on and requires a wide knowledge of product of over one hundred thousand items. While we do not know each of the products details, we do know where to find it.

I am a professional skilled and ready to work for your company.
Job is good if you like manufacturing and low pay
Grinding Associate (Current Employee), portsmouthJuly 23, 2015
work environment wasn't enjoyable. leadership sucks and everything is always your fault even when its theirs. If you want to get a raise than shouldn't work there
Great Company with many different opportunities
Senior Technical Imaging Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Bothell, WAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Customer Interaction
Cons: Sales Structure
I visit numerous customers to generate leads,arrange for product demonstrations and build upon a sales funnel to reach quota.
Good for a beginner in bioinformatics
Sr Manager/Associate Director R&D Bioinformatics (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: OK benefits
Cons: Some managers have no idea about their job, no technical or leadership skills
Not much innovation and if someone try to shake things a bit (s)he'll get in trouble. OK place to work if you just want to have a job.
Fast pace with a lot of weighing
Dry powder formulator (Former Employee), Logan, UTJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Steak cook outs and catered christmas partys.
Cons: The rooms can not be cleaned enough
A typical day is either setting up a mill, cleaning a mill room, or weighing powder. I really liked that they had weekly performance reviews so you knew what you had to work on to advance. Everyone is good to work with and I liked cleaning the mill room the most. Since it is a medical company you spend a lot of the day cleaning.
Really relaxed work environment under right management.
SFDC Consultant (Current Employee), Tewksbury, MAJuly 17, 2015
Work/Life balance is really good with the managers letting us work from home if needed.
Feels good working here knowing, we do something good for the society.
Big company with typical problems
IT Project Manager (Former Employee), carlsbad, caJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Cafeteria in the building
Cons: Poor communication skills at the executive level
Life Technologies now owned by Thermo Fisher is a very large corporation with very large management problems.

The life cycle of any project or task is long due to the number of people that must review/approve or give an opinion.

Top IT management rules with an iron fist. Communication often degrades to demoralizing or yelling at subordinates and other mid level managers.

Most mid level managers and workers are good people trying to do a good job.
Industry