Thermo Fisher Scientific Employee Reviews in United States

Looks good on the resume
Technical Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 26, 2016
Working for this company is a good way to get noticed in the corporate world. The benefits are ok but if you want decent pay, work life balance or advancement you should look elsewhere.
Big and getting bigger
Director (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 23, 2016
Soul sucking hole
Extremely short term focused
Disingenuous
Calculating
Interested in self preservation over employee development
Financial Engineering
Comfortable entry level work
Engineer/Scientist I, QC (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 19, 2016
Predictable days, repetitive work, low responsibility, no visibility for promotion, room for growth but current supervisors hold you back.
Pros
Nice PTO, company match 401K
Cons
Growth is restricted
Great science and great people make this a welcoming work environment
Associate Scientist II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 18, 2016
The R&D culture at the Austin Thermo Fisher site is very inclusive. The employees are welcoming and collaborative, and frequent group meetings and presentations keep everyone's work in progress, by celebrating the successes and crowd-sourcing troubleshooting ideas when needed. This was my first industry position, and I have learned a great deal about business in my time at Thermo Fisher, and I think it has made me a much stronger scientist overall.
Pros
Strong culture that supports work-life balance
Cons
Contract work meant my time here was limited
Productive and fun work environment
Material Handler II (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 16, 2016
Ever changing work environment to increase productivity, and work flow to positively impact our customers in receiving the correct products, on the right conditions, every time.
laid back atmosphere, great coworkers and supervisors.
Test technician/assembly (Current Employee) –  Franklin, MAAugust 15, 2016
Calm, slow paced work environment, great supervisors and friendly work place. Due to Thermo Fisher Scientific being such a large company, I find that the top brass don't really care about their workers. They take way too long to hire temps on permanently and don't pay enough for the work we do. I don't necessarily like the way they do things here but the environment makes up for that a bit in the sense that it's very comfortable and everyone here is friendly.
We were just purchased by Thermo Fisher
Facilities & Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Ward Hill, MAAugust 11, 2016
All I want to say is it is very stressful here right now. We are in the middle of condensing down from three buildings into one also knowing you have an expiration date on top of it.
Upper management is abysmal.
Many positions. (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 11, 2016
I have worked at this company for over 10 years. In that time I have seen management come and go. This round of current management is just deplorable. Treating employees like they are in a prison is the only description I can come up with. It seems that this current batch of 'upper management' is obsessed with bending the company policy only when it benefits them. I would strongly urge folks to look elsewhere if they want to be happy with their job.
Pros
Not much to like these days.
Cons
Upper management is unreasonable.
okay place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHAugust 11, 2016
controlled inventory

Co workers are great

Leave you a temp for years before they hire you on

Management makes promises they can not keep, just to get you in there to work.

Job was pretty easy
Entry-level biotechnology experience
Chemical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 5, 2016
A typical day at work begins with recording one's production goal for the day. After that, solutions that will be used throughout the day will need to be prepared. The assembling of chromatography columns will then begin, as well as the packing of them with specific types of resin. After the packing, the different methods of testing start. At the end of the testing, data is interpreted and analyzed.
Pros
Good company picnics, many overtime hours
Cons
Working conditions/environment can be harmful
Good Place
Intern - Program and Project Management (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAAugust 2, 2016
The people are nice and the work is engaging and dynamic. I like working for a company that is doing good for the world, and wants to continue doing doing so.
Average
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 2, 2016
A typical day at work is going in at 8am. Sitting in a lot of meetings. Then more meetings. Then getting work assignments that were not expected with no more time or resources to get them done.. Working overtime to try to meet the deadlines. Then getting a low merit increase.
Pros
Financial performance of the firm
Excellent job
Associate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, VAAugust 2, 2016
Very busy job. A lot of intercompany transactions. The hardest part of this job was balancing getting your job done with the many meetings. My Co-workers were very pleasant and helpful. A typical day included posting between 30 and 50 accounts payable invoices and posting up to $8 million in accounts receivable receipts.
Project Manager
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAAugust 1, 2016
Can be stressful but people are nice but need to understand process and culture. Fast pace and training can be hard and let alone but it helps to just jump in and do things right away
Very friendly work environment
Notification Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 27, 2016
Overall,I really enjoyed my work experience with Thermofisher, but after the birth of my first child, my heart was just no longer with it. I disagreed with a lot of the changes that were being made and the it got to the point that the company and I were no longer compatible. Sucks for me, but it happens. Our paths twist and turn throughout life. While i didnt agree with some of the process changes that took place, I must give praise to the amazing Customer Service Management team, as well as the entire Customer Support team. There are always bad apples in the bunch, but for the most part, everyone was friendly, driven, and a lot of fun to be around.
Pros
Lots of incentives and great environment
Cons
short breaks, no leniency, severly understaffed, employess severly overworked
Many opportunities, relatively stable
Senior Engineering Manager - R&D (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJuly 22, 2016
Great people to work with, many various opportunities around the world. Typically good support for personal development, and benefits are quite good.
Horrible
The Agency (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJuly 21, 2016
The only thing good about my experience here was the compensation.
Management was poor and unprofessional, concerns raised were never addressed, and only brown-nosers were promoted.
STAY AWAY!!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Horrible management
No advancement,poor work environment and favoritism
Chemical Technician (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJuly 20, 2016
The management is a joke. They only care about production so it works in their favor. They show favoritism towards certain employees.
Its hazardous and dangerous to work there they have a thousand health and safety violations. There are bed bugs in the locker rooms!
Pros
free water and paid holidays
Cons
low pay
Floater (Former Employee) –  Middletown, VAJuly 15, 2016
Layed back kind of place. amazing people to work with and work for. They treat you like family.

Mostly air controlled so it never really gets hot.
Thermo Fisher is the kind of job that makes you want to actually get up and go to work.
It's a job
Warehouse Person (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJuly 13, 2016
My fellow employees are great! The problem is the pay & management team... Hopefully with this new regime it'll get a lot better. To add to my "Compensation/Benefits" rating, I put 3 stars because of my benefits! The benefits are different for the new employees & if I had to rate it based on the new benefits it would definitely drop to only 2 stars.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thermo Fisher Scientific. Our community is ready to answer.

Thermo Fisher Scientific Reviews by Location