Thermotron Industries Employee Reviews

mark lamers bragged good people don't work here 2 long
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 30, 2017
Hurt us the manager in Michigan now a salesguy in Detroit. Would sent installation crew in Texas would arrive drunk at the Boeing site. Work a few hours and go to the bar. Embezzle and falsely fill out work orders. Hurt us did nothing but dispatching liars and embezzlers to a customer work site.
Pros
you learn the benefits, of embezzling, and listening to dumb jokes in the bar getting g drunk on company time
Cons
everyone is on their own and backstabbing is encourages. because everyone is a manager
ok place to work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Holland, MISeptember 24, 2017
ok job but management is slow to take action on anything. decision making very slow.
Department I was in was good but the supervisor was very controlling.
Pros
steady work, no layoffs
Cons
bad insurance benefits and low pay.
Excellent working envionment if you like working on your own.
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 10, 2017
Environmental simulation test equipment manufacture/service. Service/soft sales of environmental simulating equipment. Humidity, temp. altitude, dust and salt water. Repair, calibrate, retro and training. You manage your area of responsibility. Hardest thing is the travel involved. Best thing variety of equipment. Customer relations.
Pros
vartety of equipment
Cons
travel
Very challenging
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 7, 2017
Very challenging, flexible work schedule, paid from the time leaving home till the time returning. some travel. would still be there if the market I was in got busier.
Pros
flexible schedule (schedule your own work)
Cons
A bit challenging at times.
generally a laid-back environment, but struggling with manpower
Final Assembler/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 9, 2017
My job as a final assembler includes various tasks, which helps to keep the job more enjoyable and not so repetitive. As a shipper, the task is a bit more dull with all the cleaning, but I do enjoy building skids and crates. However, we have a shortage of employees for the work needing to be done, which has resulted in being pressed for time on our schedule. I (and others) have put in many long days/weeks recently and we are still struggling to keep our schedule. It seems as though we have lost more employees than we have gained in the last year or two. Many co-workers blame that problem on management. While I get along well with my supervisor (as well as my co-workers), I have heard numerous co-workers complain about the supervisor and management in general for how they handle the schedule and the hiring process for new employees. During my time here, I have noticed an improved work ethic as I have tried to do my best to keep up with the schedule as best as I can and help out where needed to help others keep up with the schedule. The most frustrating part thing I have experienced is putting in long work days and/or weeks to keep up/catch up and watch as some of my co-workers put in very little overtime when behind on the schedule and seeing management seemingly take no action against it. The positives are the extra overtime pay I get from the extra work I put in to make up for it and management seeing that extra effort I put in and giving me larger raises and bonuses. It would be nice to see some sort of reprimanding for employees not putting in the effort to get the work done,  more... although I do realize lack of manpower is playing a part in that and would like to see an improvement in the hiring of new employees.  less
Pros
relatively laid-back environment
Cons
not enough manpower for work load
Great place to learn, but nothing more.
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 3, 2016
Thermotron was very reluctant to give me my shift premium when I went to an off shift when I was told that I would receive it on the first day being on the off shift. Management are reluctant on reviews and supervisors are in a constant feud. Advancement is nearly impossible due to such low staffing. I have experienced more out of the box thinking, and teamwork as production. I was trained how to braze and assemble refrigeration lines.
Pros
Free Gatorade/water, periodic lunches, freedom
Cons
Always hot and humid
No investment in facility or people
Shipping Team Leader/Load Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJuly 21, 2016
Worked for a a few years and have to say it was a job to get by. Management and owner are not committed to improving the culture or facility.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Wages and lack of support.
Stable company with superior products
Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 7, 2016
Thermotron makes superior products and provides superior service. It is an extremely stable company with many employees retiring after 40+ years of service. Benefits are not the greatest, but the people are great.
product support field service
product support field service (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 26, 2016
The main thing is to get the customer to sign off - on the equipment, and it dosen't matter if it works correctly or not, just tell the customer that we will cover it under Warrenty. When the equipment fails to operate, just tell the customer that we never had that problem before,
But the engineering staff are researching to problem and we will get back to them as soon as possible.
Pros
you don't have to know a whole lot, just call the factory and ask them what to say
Cons
you will constantly have to work on equipment that may never have worked correctly, the management always tell's you to lie to the customer
Janitorial/Custodian (Current Employee) –  Holland, MichiganApril 8, 2015
A typical day at work is cleaning bathrooms, mopping floors, dusting cubicles, replacing bags in the trashcans, vacuuming, and wiping counter tops.
Great Place To Work!
Senior Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMarch 27, 2014
Have worked at Thermotron for 10 years as a Sales Engineer in the Detroit area. I must say was best working experience I have had!
Pros
Great People at Thermotron
Cons
Commission structure
Great Place
Electrical (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 16, 2014
My favorite job of all time. Great environment. Great Benefits. Got to use your brain.
Pros
traveling