Thermotron Industries Employee Reviews

Great place to learn, but nothing more.
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 3, 2016
Thermotron was very reluctant to give me my shift premium when I went to an off shift when I was told that I would receive it on the first day being on the off shift. Management are reluctant on reviews and supervisors are in a constant feud. Advancement is nearly impossible due to such low staffing. I have experienced more out of the box thinking, and teamwork as production. I was trained how to braze and assemble refrigeration lines.
Pros
Free Gatorade/water, periodic lunches, freedom
Cons
Always hot and humid
Stable company with superior products
Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 7, 2016
Thermotron makes superior products and provides superior service. It is an extremely stable company with many employees retiring after 40+ years of service. Benefits are not the greatest, but the people are great.
No investment in facility or people
Shipping Team Leader/Load Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJuly 21, 2016
Worked for a a few years and have to say it was a job to get by. Management and owner are not committed to improving the culture or facility.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Wages and lack of support.
product support field service
product support field service (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 26, 2016
The main thing is to get the customer to sign off - on the equipment, and it dosen't matter if it works correctly or not, just tell the customer that we will cover it under Warrenty. When the equipment fails to operate, just tell the customer that we never had that problem before,
But the engineering staff are researching to problem and we will get back to them as soon as possible.
Pros
you don't have to know a whole lot, just call the factory and ask them what to say
Cons
you will constantly have to work on equipment that may never have worked correctly, the management always tell's you to lie to the customer
Great Place
Electrical (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 16, 2014
My favorite job of all time. Great environment. Great Benefits. Got to use your brain.
Pros
traveling
Janitorial/Custodian (Current Employee) –  Holland, MichiganApril 8, 2015
A typical day at work is cleaning bathrooms, mopping floors, dusting cubicles, replacing bags in the trashcans, vacuuming, and wiping counter tops.
Great Place To Work!
Senior Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMarch 27, 2014
Have worked at Thermotron for 10 years as a Sales Engineer in the Detroit area. I must say was best working experience I have had!
Pros
Great People at Thermotron
Cons
Commission structure