Thibodaux Regional Medical Center

Thibodaux Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

Very nice hospital with careing staff
PCT (Former Employee), thibodaux,laJuly 1, 2014
shifts were long, nurses werent very helpful, too many patient assigned to one pct at one time.
Thibodaux Regional
OB Technician (Current Employee), Thibodaux, LAJune 17, 2014
It's a nice place to work at. Surgical techs that work as Ob techs are very under paid for all of the work that they do.
was an as needed job
PRN - Echo Technician III (Former Employee), Thibodaux, LAMay 22, 2014
Pros: extra income for family
Cons: location
Weekend call. I would wait to be called in on a weekend I was scheduled. When called in all Echo's were expected to be completed.

Prepared paperwork and billing.

Management worked well with employees.
I love it here !!!
Radiology Tech Assistant (Former Employee), Thibodaux, LAApril 3, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of assisting with patients and making sure they get the proper treatment as needed.
Everyone was nice
CNA (Former Employee), Thibodaux, LAMarch 27, 2014
I really enjoyed my time at Thibodaux Medial Center. The employees there made it fun to work . They were very encouraging, polite, and well experienced .
It's a job!
PBX Operator/Receptionist (Current Employee), Thibodaux, LAFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: coworkers are good people to work with. my supervisor and boss are great!
Cons: no set schedule, not enough pay, nights and weekends, and confined space
Working here in the beginning was great but now it's just blahh. I enjoy answering the phones but when you have inside calls (especially 2nd Floor) constantly calling for the same exact thing it tends to get annoying. There's no communication between the Nurses and tech on the floors. The floors (except ICU) talk to you like you're lower than them....It's – more... not everyone on the units some of the Nurses/Techs are the sweetest people ever! My boss & supervisor are great...I can't complain about them! I also feel like the pay is definitely NOT great for the years put into the organization. Some of the Drs we talk to are the sweetest too! It's not the worst job you can ask for but some people tend to forget that at the end of the day we still bleed the same! – less
Registered Nurse at Thibodaux Regional Medical Center
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Thibodaux, LouisianaJanuary 31, 2014
I get report from the night nurse, see my patients, pull my medicine from the OMNIcell, give medicine, do rounding on my patient's every two hours, look and carry out new physician orders, discharge patients, and all of the paperwork that it entails, as well as admitting new patients.
At my job, I have learned that I will never stop learning. I have – more... learned how difficult it is to be a nurse and how much responsibility is involved. I have made mistakes and I have learned from them.
My coworkers are very helpful and friendly. We all get along great. When we have a spare moment, we all ask how the others are doing and see if they need any help.
The hardest part of my job is time management and prioritizing. Something always comes up in the middle of what you are currently doing, and you have to prioritize to see if you should stop what you are doing because the new task is more important, or if you should finish what you are doing because what you are doing is more important.
The most enjoyable part about my job is when my patient's are smiling or laughing. It is when I know I have made a difference in their life and in their care. A simple "thank you" from them goes a long way. – less
RN and Unit co-ordinator (Former Employee), Thibodaux, LAJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: teaching the unit co-ordinators
Atypical day starts with assignment and report and updating unit on meetings, new policies, new equipment coming.
I learned to be more confident in myself.
I worked along side of management.
We worked together as a team.
Hardest part of the job was learning to deal with different personalities.
The most enjoyable part was the whole experience I received – more... while working there – less
EXCELLENT PLACE TO WORK, HARD WORKERS, FAMILY ORIENTATED
Health Management Information Clerk (Former Employee), Thibodaux, LAApril 30, 2013
Pros: teamwork, family orientated, open door poilcy, employee appreciation
Cons: i cant think of any!
I LOVED MY JOB HERE, ONLY LEFT BECAUSE I FOUND A BETTER JOB OPP CLOSER TO HOME. I WOULD DEFF. CONSIDER GOING BACK!
A Work Place
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), ThibodauxMarch 28, 2013
The enjoyable part is providing a wonderful experience for those who are in the hospital and the people you encounter
Fun Workplace
Nurse Technician (Former Employee), Thibodaux, LAJanuary 6, 2013
I was a nurse tech here during nursing school in their ICU. I enjoyed working with everyone and it was a fun and enjoyable place to work. I would assist the nurses with patient care during my daily activities. My co-workers and management were very knowledgeable and willing to help when needed.
Team Work
Critical Care Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Thibodaux, LADecember 6, 2012
Exceptional Team Work, the nurse and doctor were always willing and ready to teach you about procedures and treatments.
Great Atmosphere
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Thibodaux, LAOctober 15, 2012
Working for TRMC was a pleasure. The atmosphere was amazing and coworkers are some of the best!
busy busy
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Thibodaux, LAJuly 30, 2012
Pros: good connections, great company
Cons: on call hours
I love keeping up with the new procedures and equipment for surgery today.
The management could use some actual "Surgical Tech" management rather than just RN management positions to help with scheduling, etc...
The hardest part is working long hours on call and having 2 small children.
the enjoyable part is the relationships you get to build with the – more... doctors on staff, they are always there to help you out when needed. – less
excellent co-workers
CST (Former Employee), Thibodaux, LAJuly 27, 2012
excellent group of people to work with, but the hours they expect people to work is not built around family.
The hardest part of the job was not knowing what time you are going to be able to leave work on a daily basis even when it wasn't your call or late day. Occasionally is not a problem, but when it happens more often than not, it becomes a problem – more... that brings down morale – less
striving to help paitents
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Thibodaux, LAMay 25, 2012
working hard to prepare meals for the patients
entergiec fun to work with
having to prepare meals for so many patients
knowing we did all we could to put a smile on the patient face
Productive, busy, and enjoyable workplace striving to save lives everyday.
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee), Thibodaux, LAMay 3, 2012
Pros: free personal analysis.
Cons: short breaks, weekends, holidays, night shifts.
Every work day consists of retrieving samples and specimens from patients and providing an immediate, qualitative analyses. It is crucial that the laboratory function as a team to provide the most accurate analysis possible.
I have learned several laboratory technician techniques, and how to work as a team to get the job done. I have worked my way to – more... provide new innovative techniques to get the job done faster and more efficiently. My co-workers are easy to work with and do not mind helping to finish the job.
The hardest part of the job is getting results out as fast and efficiently as possible. The most enjoyable part of the day is knowing that I got the job done and helped save a life. – less