Thibodaux Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Hospital with family like feel
Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Thibodaux, LAOctober 25, 2017
Best company I've ever worked for. Thibodaux Regional offers so much interaction and team building with their employees! I was extremely sad to relocate.
Never a dull moment..
Unit Secretary/Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Thibodaux, LASeptember 7, 2017
the Emergency Department is full of surprises. Hard working staff coming together as a team to get the patients properly treated. The job was great minus a few key individuals. The hospital is absolutely wonderful for patient care but treats their employees like they are replaceable - because they are. It's one of the lowest paying hospitals in the region on every level of staffing. It's a great place to work if you love what you're doing, but not if you're in it for the money.
Pros
Clean, Up to date Technology, Cafeteria is great.
Not sure what's the issue
Registered Nurse (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Thibodaux, LAAugust 1, 2017
This hospital is going though a lot of changes. Lots of employees leaving for better pay and less stressful working conditions. Most of the time there is no extra help when you need it. The pay is less than other hospitals in the region.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Pay
Great teamwork
RN (Current Employee) –  Thibodaux, LAJuly 19, 2017
Teamwork! Knowledgeable nurse. Process improvements. PCTs lazy and rude. Housekeeping is hit or miss. If you want something done from another department, just do it yourself.
Pros
Flexible schedule, new technology
Cons
High nurse:patient ratio, low pay, have to act as a babysitter not a nurse and give patients whatever they want, PCTs are lazy and rude
Excellent work environment
Environmental Services Worker (Current Employee) –  Thibodaux, LAMarch 31, 2017
Thibodaux Regional is a fun loving environment. Everybody is so fun loving and caring. I enjoy working with wonderful people that's always willing to give a helping hand.
crazy hours but fun/ not so great pay
CST (Former Employee) –  Thibodaux, LAMarch 14, 2017
working in surgery is definitely fun, however staffing issues made for crazy hours. Overall vibe of the hospital itself is very friendly and patients are considered first above all else as it should be.
Laboratory Staff and Manager
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Thibodaux, LAMarch 2, 2017
Straight Racist. They will tell you to your face that they do not like black people. I was treated so badly in my clinical rotation by staff member; the manager of the lab had to apologize on behalf of the staff and she don't like black people either. She felt so bad for me she had to apologize anyway.
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  ThiFebruary 13, 2017
I loved working here. I quit for one reason and that was to be a stay at home mom for a while. The environment is great. I loved the people. The pay is awesome.
Pros
The pay
Fantastic environment
Accounting/Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Thibodaux, LAJune 28, 2016
The culture thats created at this place is phenomenal. Very helpful and patient employer. They deliver the highest quality of care and work.
Fast pace, team work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Thibodaux, LASeptember 24, 2015
Fast pace work environment with supportive management. Medical surgical unit that offers a wide array of clinical exposure. The unit offers endless amounts of education each day. My co-workers are an integral part of my everyday work. A typical day at work exposed me to patient's with a variety of nursing aspects that allowed me to work with many areas of the healthcare team. The most enjoyable part of my job is being a part of the healthcare team in helping not only the patient but the family members.
Pros
Variety of clinical exposure
enjoyed my co-workers
Marketing Liaison/Director of Community Outreach (Former Employee) –  Thibodaux, LAAugust 19, 2015
I would market to different hospitals and nursing homes to try and get their patients to use our facilities in and outpatient services for psych.
Hardest part of my job was to get referrals to the programs, but the fun part was the luncheons I would provide to the staff and get to know them on a more personal level.
Love this place
PCT/CNA (Former Employee) –  Thibodaux, LAMay 20, 2015
TRMC was by far the best place to work for. they are the one who gave me the chance to work right out of high school. the people i worked with was always there to help and answer my questions.
fast upbeat mutli task job
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thibodaux, LADecember 27, 2014
Typical day is taking vitals and recording patients data. Everyday learning something new, with wounds, intake an outtake of patients. It was a very multi task job. Co workers (nursing assistance) seemed very lazy. Had to pick up more of the slack others didn't do. Most enjoyable would be constantly helping patients and witnessing them get better
positive
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  THIBODAUX, LAJuly 25, 2014
good place to work...good enviroment...good co workers...good skills
Very nice hospital with careing staff
PCT (Former Employee) –  thibodaux,laJuly 1, 2014
shifts were long, nurses werent very helpful, too many patient assigned to one pct at one time.
Thibodaux Regional
OB Technician (Current Employee) –  Thibodaux, LAJune 17, 2014
It's a nice place to work at. Surgical techs that work as Ob techs are very under paid for all of the work that they do.
was an as needed job
PRN - Echo Technician III (Former Employee) –  Thibodaux, LAMay 22, 2014
Weekend call. I would wait to be called in on a weekend I was scheduled. When called in all Echo's were expected to be completed.

Prepared paperwork and billing.

Management worked well with employees.
Pros
extra income for family
Cons
location
I love it here !!!
Radiology Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thibodaux, LAApril 3, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of assisting with patients and making sure they get the proper treatment as needed.
Everyone was nice
CNA (Former Employee) –  Thibodaux, LAMarch 27, 2014
I really enjoyed my time at Thibodaux Medial Center. The employees there made it fun to work . They were very encouraging, polite, and well experienced .
It's a job!
PBX Operator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Thibodaux, LAFebruary 17, 2014
Working here in the beginning was great but now it's just blahh. I enjoy answering the phones but when you have inside calls (especially 2nd Floor) constantly calling for the same exact thing it tends to get annoying. There's no communication between the Nurses and tech on the floors. The floors (except ICU) talk to you like you're lower than them....It's not everyone on the units some of the Nurses/Techs are the sweetest people ever! My boss & supervisor are great...I can't complain about them! I also feel like the pay is definitely NOT great for the years put into the organization. Some of the Drs we talk to are the sweetest too! It's not the worst job you can ask for but some people tend to forget that at the end of the day we still bleed the same!
Pros
Coworkers are good people to work with. My supervisor and boss are great!
Cons
No set schedule, not enough pay, nights and weekends, and confined space

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thibodaux Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3