We are seeking an experienced Audio Technician that will help in the design and development of audio products from conceptual design to production, research and development of audio components, materials and manufacturing processes. You will test drivers, loudspeakers, powered subwoofers and amplifiers and assist with product manufacturing, product development and Quality Control-related activities.
We are a rapidly evolving, small, and AGILE company; you must be confident and able to hit the ground running. You can come in and see what needs to be done and begin to execute to the strategic plan right away. You have relevant experience and interests and as a true collaborator, you will be able to develop initiatives from concept to completion.
The audio technician reports to the Director of Product Development and Director of Manufacturing. They will be locally supervised by the audio engineer and factory supervisor.
- Construct, assemble and measure prototype speakers and powered subwoofers
- Test drivers, amplifiers, speakers and powered subwoofers
- Component level failure analysis and repair of Class D amplifiers, Switch Mode Power Supplies and signal processors
- Product validation testing
- Inspect incoming components and finished product ; file reports; supply feedback to vendors and engineering
- Conduct product development related experiments
- Interface with other Company functional teams
-- Product Development
-- In-house and Overseas Manufacturing
-- Quality Control
-- Operations/Supply Chain
- Possess a positive, “can-do” attitude
- Self motivated
- An eagerness to learn
- Must have post secondary education in electronics
- Experience with soldering, acoustic and electronic testing, speaker and amplifier assembly
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Basic knowledge of electronic test equipment (e.g. multi-meters, oscilloscope, PC based measurement equipment, etc)
- Competency and understanding of the English language (verbal and written)
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
THIEL Audio offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Retirement & Savings Plans, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected class in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. THIEL Audio takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
THIEL Audio Products Company of Brentwood, Tennessee is a privately-held, engineering driven organization that performs research, design, and manufacturing of high-end loudspeakers for the highest quality music and video sound reproduction in the home.
For over 30 years, THIEL has woven a nearly magical synergy between engineering brilliance and an unfailing passion to create the most lifelike reproduction of recorded music. Along this quest for sonic perfection, THIEL’s customers, music aficionados, and audio press from around the world have lauded THIEL’s speaker designs as some of the best ever conceived.
It is our mission here at THIEL to develop and build the world’s finest loudspeakers, delivering the ultimate music and movie playback experience to our discriminating customers.