Thiel College Employee Reviews

Internship
Assistant Basketball Coach Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenville, PAFebruary 8, 2017
I would take any game film form our games and break it down and send out to other coaches and exchanged film. I would keep track of all our inventory. I would put in orders for new gear for players and send out old gear to youth around the area that could not afford to have sports gear like we had. overall i enjoyed doing this everyday .
Great Experience
History Department Student Aide (Former Employee) –  Greenville, PAJanuary 29, 2017
Amazing work environment with easy to work with management and room for advancement in the workplace. Thiel is the ideal work place with all the necessary attributes an employee would be seeking.
Pros
Great management and room for advancements
Cons
Small scale school
Very Open and Inviting Environment
Peer Leader (Former Employee) –  Greenville, PAJanuary 12, 2017
I loved working with students from all over the country as well as from other countries. It was a great experience and allowed me to help so many people on a regular basis.
positive workplace with cooperative coworkers
library and greenhouse student worker (Current Employee) –  Greenville, PADecember 29, 2016
I worked in the library and the greenhouse. Both jobs required me to complete daily tasks required. I gained social skills and learned botany. These jobs showed me that i enjoy nature and helping people. The most difficult part was taking time to properly learn what is required to do my best. But, this was also enjoyable for me.
Pros
flexibility with hours worked
Cons
could not get more than 7 hours per week
Fun people and outside work all day
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Greenville, PAMay 21, 2016
Thiel College is a reputable college who helps undergraduates while they go to school. They provide multiple jobs and their maintenance department is fun to work for.
Great Place to Work
Athlete (Current Employee) –  Greenville, PAMay 4, 2016
Going to school at Thiel College was a great experience. It is a small school that allows a small teacher to student ratio. I had a class that only had 2 students in the class including myself. I would recommend Thiel College to anyone looking to further their education.
Typical Day
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Greenville, PASeptember 24, 2015
I would first plug in the start hour I came in and began to get things set up in the cleaning area. I'd have the cages pre-prepped with fresh hay, water and food before bringing the rats and dirty cages into the room. I'd change four cages at a time, transporting the rats per cage (anywhere from one to four) into the fresh ones. If there was a dead rat, I would dispose of the deceased animal properly. Once completed with the job, I clean the counters, the dirty cages, sweep the floors and take the trash out. I keep stock on supplies, and reported to supervisor.
Pros
Quiet, peaceful
Cons
Not much teamwork
Working as the language department assistant
Language department assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, PASeptember 15, 2015
I loved working for the language department, except not being able to work more than 15 hours a week. The company was very helpful and taught me a lot of new things.
On your own time
Note Taker (Former Employee) –  Greenville, PAJuly 28, 2015
Note taking is on your own time after the required class, you have 24 to 48 hours to turn in the notes you typed into Microsoft word. It isn't extensive work. And you're helping someone else!
Great place to gain experience while recieving your undergrad
Conversation Leader (Former Employee) –  Greenville, PAMay 25, 2015
Thiel College was a overall positive experience of employment. They were easy to work with and firmly believed in doing what was best for their employees. They were willing to work with each employee as an individual.
Fun
Intramural referee (Former Employee) –  Greenville, PAMarch 28, 2015
It was really fun being a referee for Thiel College intramurals. I thoroughly enjoyed myself while I was working there. It is very good place to help with your communication skills.
Excellent place to prepare for the future.
Advancement Office Student Employee (Current Employee) –  Greenville, PAFebruary 25, 2015
I appreciate the last four years of my life because I've been given the chance to learn what it takes to succeed in my future.
Internship Great learning experience
Intern, IT Department (Former Employee) –  Greenville, PAJanuary 5, 2015
Learned alot in a short amount of time.
Great place to be always something going on. Got to experience many different jobs in the It department.
Everyone was willing to help and let me have hands on experience.
Gained valuable experience in the different departments.
There was something new everyday happening. This was a very enjoyable work environment.
Pros
Great place to intern
Cons
No cons with this job
It was an okay place
Data Analyst/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, PANovember 4, 2014
Wonderful place to work at. People were awesome. A little too slow paced for my liking. Learned SQL and other skills here. Boss was a great mentor.
Caring and hard working enviroment. Positive enviroment and excellent employees and employers
Conversation Leader International Affairs (Former Employee) –  Greenville, PADecember 26, 2013
The most enjoyable portion of my position while working for Thiel College is being able to be apart of the students lives and making a positive difference in their lives. Broadening my experience and working with different cultures. Helping students and knowing that even after they are no longer in your care, they still desire to stay connected.
Pros
flexible hours, opportunities to learn and grow
Cons
Culture Shock can be difficult and confusing
Customer Satisfaction is key.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, PADecember 6, 2013
On a daily basis, my coworkers and myself focus primarily on satisying our customers as well as our superiors. Getting the job done in a timely fashion, and focusing on accuracy.
Fun experience
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, PAJune 13, 2013
As a resident Assitant I was in charge of maintaing compliance as well as maintanence reports as dictated by college rules. In addition, I would be required to report any violations to these rules and coordinate in dorm activities that premoted social interaction. The hardest part of my job was deviding the line between friend and authority figure. The most rewarding part of the job was that I received alot of recognition and people were always appreciative.
Pros
Very socialble, fun
Best place I ever worked!
Executive Household Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, PAApril 16, 2013
I loved the people and the community of Thiel they are amazing!
Great Internship
Career Services Internship (Former Employee) –  Greenville, PAJanuary 13, 2013
Management was fantastic. It was a great opportunity to learn where I do not want to work.
Pros
management
great place
Food service (Former Employee) –  Greenville, PAAugust 30, 2012
I enjoyed everything when I worked there. Good food ,prices good, people where friendly
Pros
good food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thiel College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5