The Customer Service Representative manages assigned customer accounts, from entry to delivery, to ensure customers’ expectations are achieved. He/she develops relationships with customers, as well as sales and manufacturing personnel, through excellent service and regular communication.
- Prior successful industry customer service experience and/or a proven track record of accomplishments in working in an environment servicing internal and external customers.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency using personal computer, including MS Office software required. Familiarity with JD Edwards order management business software preferred.
- High school diploma required. Associate or Bachelor’s degree in business preferred.
- Foreign language skills a plus.
1. Efficiently and accurately execute the order management process from entry to delivery for assigned accounts to ensure customer expectations are met. Serve as a backup for other CSRs when they are unavailable.
2. Serve as primary contact in understanding and responding to customer needs. Expeditiously respond to customer inquiries and offer alternatives, striving for first-call resolution. Proactively anticipate problems and effectively solve them before they become major issues.
3. Support inventory management by monitoring and reporting inventory status and initiate recommendations and actions to adjust or replenish inventory levels to ensure working capital targets are achieved.
4. Learn all steps of the order fulfillment process utilizing network computer systems, word processing and spreadsheet applications.
5. Develop relationships with sales and marketing professionals to ensure accurate order pricing and product on all customer orders. Provide timely, complete, and direct information to communicate within the organization and the customer base.
6. Prepare clear, concise reports, documentation, and routine customer correspondence.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/COMPETENCIES
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Thilmany Core Competencies: Customer Focus, Action Oriented, Decision Quality, Functional/Technical Skills, Integrity and Trust, Peer Relationships
- Other Competencies Required: Learning on the Fly, Priority Setting, Interpersonal Savvy, Detail Oriented
Indeed - 19 months ago