This role is responsible for email marketing programs designed to drive profitable site traffic including planning, tactical implementation, optimization and reporting. Our email programs also include retention, reactivation and loyalty emails for multiple customer segments as well as triggered email programs. This individual will cultivate and manage relationships with the Things Remembered email vendor who supports these programs, negotiate terms and manage ongoing projects. This position will report to the Director of Direct Marketing.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions):
1. Product/Sale Emails – Assist in the planning and execution of daily emails to support retail and direct business segments through product announcements and promotions.
2. Store Support Emails – Assist in the planning and execution of emails design to support store openings, store re-locations, etc.
3. Triggered Emails – Develop and manage a comprehensive plan for leveraging CRM and transactional web data in triggered email campaigns designed to create additional revenue and repeat transactions.
4. Transactional Emails – Develop and manage a comprehensive plan for improving customer experience and creating new selling opportunities via transactional emails.
5. Testing and Optimization – Create and administer ongoing programs for subject line testing, format testing and message testing.
6. Deliverability – Work with vendors to measure, understand and ensure inbox placement. Develop and communicate best practices documentation for internal distribution and training.
7. Project Management – Document workflow, forecast capacity and report results in a manner that allows other parts of the organization to gauge the capacity and success of the email Manage internal resources to ensure timely development and deployment.
8. Acquisition Strategy – Partner with internal online marketing teams and site experience teams to create strategies for the acquisition of qualified targets.
1. Bachelor’s Degree
2. 2-3 years experience directly managing and implementing paid email marketing programs
3. 3 -5 years experience in internet marketing
4. Demonstrable experience with a top tier ESP such as Cheetah Mail, SilverPop, Exact Target or Knotice.
5. Experience with online retail preferred
6. Familiarity with site management systems and data integration.
7. Solid written and verbal communication skills
8. Develops strong collaborative relationships internally and externally
9. Demonstrates strong sense of urgency
10. Is flexible with ability to quickly shift with the needs of the business
11. Must have strong analytical ability
12. Demonstrates high degree of initiative
13. Can effectively manage multiple priorities
14. Strong organization and follow through skills
15. Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.