This position is responsible for providing primary support and ongoing enhancements to the TR Data Warehouse applications. Ownership on small and medium assignments will include planning and execution of the complete project from both a business and technical perspective. Extensive exposure to the business will be required in order to tailor and prioritize the work on the technical end.
It is imperative for this position that a high priority be placed on the ability to implement information systems such that minimal time is required to make changes, react to problems, and explain the process in functional terms.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions):
1. Monitor daily/weekly MicroStrategy scheduled reporting
2. Provide ongoing support to MicroStrategy users
3. Monitor and be proactive to improvements report automation
4. Design and build complex metrics
5. Maintenance of database dictionary
6. Lead periodic user group discussions
7.Conduct testing and apply technical upgrades to MicroStrategy
8. Assist user community with learning and using MicroStrategy BI tools
1. At least 5 years of progressive experience using MicroStrategy BI tools in a lead role required.
2. Good Communication skills (ability to transfer technical ideas in a functional format).
3. Operate proactively and reactively, as necessary.
4. Ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment.
5. Eagerness to achieve results without specific detailed instructions.
6. Solid system design and implementation experience, a must.
7. General awareness on applications processing and the general business function that is addressed, a must.
8. Understanding and some hands-on exposure to web deployment of reporting, a must.
9. Knowledge of LAN, communications and data transfer methods, a must.
10. Knowledge of SQL and ETL utilized in a scheduled production environment desired.
Normal, no adverse or hazardous conditions.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.