Things Remembered Employee Reviews

Fun Work Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MADecember 12, 2017
It was a very great experience working at Things Remembered, All the employees are very nice and caring, if you ever go into Things Remembered you will have a great laugh!!
I love this store
Sales Floor Rep (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 12, 2017
I really enjoy shopping at this store. I however would probably never work there again. I wasn't shown how to work the register they just threw me on there, and I ended up getting in trouble for taking to long. I also was extremely hot working there the lights in the store are horrible and just flow with heat.
Okay place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 12, 2017
Loved my immediate supervisor but didn't feel that upper management,starting at the district level, cared or did anything to encourage a happy or collaborative environment. HR was there only to say the corporate tagline and didn't address matters they should have and could have prevented loss of associates and fostered a more inclusive team.
Floor changes every 2 weeks was overkill and confused the customers and contributed to a lack of sales.
Seasonal Engraver (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 12, 2017
I love my job!!!!! It is exciting to personalize items for people, knowing you are the one who made them happy for that item. My manager is very flexible especially since I am still in school. It works out perfectly.
Customer service is KEY
Sales Associate/Engraver (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 10, 2017
Having a great manager who values you and understands you know your job and that the customer is the main focus then things will always make your work situation easy but if not tension will stir
Completely Unoraganized and lack of appreciation
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 6, 2017
Management is overworked and underpaid. There is constant negativity and never any sense of accomplishment. They also task too much and dont allow you to sell.
Unfair
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDDecember 5, 2017
i was let go without even being told. No phone call, email, nothing. I also found out everyone was paid differently, and the manager didnt want the others to know
Slow environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILDecember 3, 2017
A typical day at work would go by extremely slow if there was not any customers.Customers usually come in at about 6 late in the evening. Management was wonderful. Distance was to far for little pay, I was spending more just by getting to work.
Poor Management and Local Laws Broken
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  NYDecember 3, 2017
I was a store manager in NY. Consistent need for single coverage, unable to take breaks, no breakroom, mandatory OT, on-call shifts for part timers, and mandatory shifts for management. I enjoyed the fast pace and helping customers, that's about all.
Pros
engraving, fast-pace
Cons
no breaks, single-coverage, mandatory OT
Very busy and stressful
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 1, 2017
very challenging on a daily basis, dealing with multiple personalities, and making sure all of your employees are happy. corporate really needed to address things that was the only issue really with the company.
Pros
great store manager
Cons
couldnt take breaks during the holidays
Fun and Rewarding
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 28, 2017
Depending on the time of the year, it can get really busy. Management is not super pushy about selling, but they encourage you keep up the good work. There's a lot of teamwork involved and every one helps each other.

The hardest part of the job is getting used to locating items--it's sometimes disorganized but doable.

The best part of the job is being part of something special. Customers come in hoping to find something special for their loved ones, so you try to learn about the customer to get an idea of what they like and whatnot.
Pros
discounts, happy customers
Cons
organization
Would never work there again
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MANovember 26, 2017
You are on single coverage most of the time. On the working breaks we still not allowed to sit down. Holidays were the worst because of high turnover rates.
Pros
good discount, decent healthcare
Cons
short breaks, long hours, constantly changing management
Love this job
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 24, 2017
Depending on the location there are some really great teams that are super fun to work with. Helping customers personalize gifts for life changing moments (new babies, proposals, loss of love ones). You build relationships with people even if it is only a 30 minute encounter.
Pros
40 % discount, great team
Cons
LATE nights around Christmas (very little time with family during ACTUAL holidays)
Nice Enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 21, 2017
Arrived early to work and checked commission progression after logging in. Moved on to the floor and helped any customers while checking stock when none were there. Cleaned up stock and displays during down time.
Productive, Fun yet draining
Assitant Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 20, 2017
Working at Things Remembered is one of the best choices I have ever made, it truly develops anyone from a simple associate to a manger in a couple of years, with the right mind set. First starting out I had a couple fantastic managers that I've learned so much from, even to this day I still think about the ways they would have handled situations and I am glad that with the skills they have given me I am able to successfully operate and enjoy my job. Recently, working here has become too demanding. It's not that it's a lot to do at once, it can be done but to no benefits or recognition. I was lucky to have been given the opportunity to run my own store but we had to close the location the next year due to it's poor location and the company's decision to close off most of the kiosks. My recent managers have not been giving off the right mind set when it comes to work, they are not as confident or they do not appreciate the hard work that their employees and assistants have put their efforts into. The company swears on customer satisfaction and to do what we can to make them happy; however, they hire the wrong people with no incentive to care for them at all. I believe that we make the difference for our people and I see it every day and I strive to maintain a consistency to every person that walks through our doors. All in all working here is great with the right people and I love dealing with all customers whether easy or difficult to handle. I just hope they stay true to their statement about customer service and to allow themselves to appreciate and thank their everyday  more... employees.  less
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Low standards with managers, poor customer service, lack of appreciation, sometimes pay is not worth the demands.
Fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 18, 2017
Discount sucks considering theyre not a cheap place. Learning to engrave is fun... Seeing the customers reaction when yu make sonething perfect is priceless
Kiosk
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Portage, MINovember 14, 2017
Tight working quarters with limited merchandise. I would like to see Things Remembered move to a store front instead of a kiosk. My favorite part about the job is the interactions I have with customers. They make it worth it.
Pros
Short shifts
Cons
No benefits for part time employees
Creative Expressions
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 13, 2017
At Things Remembered we worked as a team, was family oriented, management was great, we helped each other reach our daily goals, the best part is when you sell an item and engrave the piece or pieces.
Pros
Developing sales experience
Cons
Short hours
No room for advancement
Assistant Store Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 9, 2017
Not much room for advancement, you are not allowed to work over time but may be asked to work off the clock if you don't get your work done. The district manager beth was a joke.
Pros
40%discount
Cons
Low pay, little hours, no breaks, no room for advancement
Slow pace and friendly
Sales Representative and engraver (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 5, 2017
Typically slow pace until the holidays, the manager is organized and kind. Learning the machine is fairly easy and the workspace is small. You have to meet sales goals and organize paperwork. Displays are always changing as well.
Pros
Great Manager and typically work alone
Cons
It can be very slow at times