Things Remembered

Things Remembered Employer Reviews

It was a good work experince
Engraver (Former Employee), Highland Heights, OHJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: easy to pick up and understand how to operate the machines
Cons: imature co workers
I worked in the factory, I engraved items with messages that people ordered, you stand in front of a computer for 8 to 12 hours and type in specific things that make a machine edge in the messages on the items, must keep work area clean, you get 2 to 3 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch, most of the co-workers were immature but not all, the hardest part was having to stand without sitting down for so long
Great work environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Sanford, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: paid break
The work environment is great. Everyone is really nice and they are always willing to help , and look out for each other.
loved engraving
Seasonal Engraver (Former Employee), Mays Landing, NJJanuary 19, 2015
Communication between seasonal and management could have been better.
great extra income.
Please don't do it.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Taylor, MIJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: nothing.
Cons: everything.
Please do not work for this company. I had to wait a month to get paid and even then, my paycheck was constantly short. They don't promise you the job and the district manager likes to hide in Macy's and stalk you. The manager isn't trained correctly and they don't know how to schedule people. Its always dirty, always junky and the storage room is hazardous. If you value your job hunting, your morals and dignity, you'd never work there.
Things Remembered
Office Assistant/ Sales Assistant (Former Employee), wilmington, deJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: experince
Cons: short hours
Awesome Place to gain experience with customer service and self manage
nice until agrivated.
sales associate (Current Employee), Stuart, FlJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great discounts
Cons: forgets to give breaks, no hours, cattines.
Everything is fun and games until the slightest upset happens. Then it is frustration and hostility. Don't expect equality, hours are given by seniority. I'm talking 0 hours for three weeks straight while others are handed 30.
Seasonal Help only
Engraver / Warehouse (Former Employee), North Jackson, OHJanuary 13, 2015
Not usually a chance to get in full time.
Seasonal work only.
Fun
Seasonal Sales (Former Employee), Manassas, VAJanuary 12, 2015
Job was very fun creating unique designs and seeing what creative things our customers come up with
horrible atmosphere
Engraver (Former Employee), Gainesville, FlJanuary 11, 2015
Management was not organized
Learned how to engrave
Small store
Good opportunity for cashiering experience
Sales associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: minimum wage
Things remembered was a very interesting company to work for. The company also offered a discount off of merchandise for employees. You can also have the opportunity to be taught how to be an engraver. The worse part would be the pay. It was a pretty fast paced environment and you needed to learn the merchandise quickly.
Excellent Place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Tyler, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: bonuses, and being a part of our customers lives
I loved this job. They taught us how to do engraving, but, I was taught so much more, how to be a good leader, inventory, teamwork, and visual displays. Our leader not only told us what to do, but, SHOWED us how it was done. She worked hard and was always there when you needed her. I would love to go back to work for her. The upper management was wonderful on recognizing a job well done. Hardest part of the job, was the engraving. The most enjoyable part of the job, was helping people say what was in their hearts to last a lifetime. One time we engraved champagne flutes with a proposal, they brought them back to be engraved on the other side with their wedding date. We were involved in so many different occasions in our repeat customers lives.
Productive and Fun work place with GYM
QA Testing Analyst (Current Employee), Highland Heights, OHJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no cell phone signal
The management is very friendly and helpful. All my coworkers was very helpful to me.
friendly co workers, enjoyable environment
Crew Member (Former Employee), Lakewood, CAJanuary 4, 2015
i loved working for things remembered. the manager and assistant manager were fun to be around and i looked forward to going to work and help customers with their gifts.
Very fun fast paced environment.
Part time engraver (Former Employee), North Canton, OHDecember 30, 2014
Was a great customer interaction environment. Loved seeing the customers happy with the work we provided them with.
Fun
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 30, 2014
I really enjoyed working for the company. My manager was super awesome and supportive.
Fun and Creative Place to work
Store Manager/Regional Training and LPManager (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTDecember 30, 2014
The idea of helping people celebrate life's moments is completely rewarding.. At TR we allow customers to express their emotions through engraving. Many times, we're creating heirlooms.
HIghschool job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CADecember 16, 2014
Pros: flexbile retail hours. easy work experience.
Cons: holiday craziness but overall wonderful place to work at.
Fun, educating. Customer service/interaction ice breaker. The staff was much older and totally cool to wokr with. The supervisor Laurie was a wonderful lady. Very kind. Always made sure we had a big smile.
Worst experience of my life
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), MarylandDecember 14, 2014
I worked for things remembered for a year and 3 months. In that time, I was promoted from key holder to asst. manager. My manager had a drinking problem and would come to work either hungover or still drunk. She would talk about sexually inappropriate things with all her employees. She would call me at 6 am asking for rides home from bars and the hospital because she got to drunk. She would have us close the store in the middle of the day to give her rides because she didn't have a car. She was flat out rude to customers. She didn't train me so i was left to figure things out on my own. She drove employees to quit. I told my district manager several times about her behavior and it took over a year for them to do anything even though she was stealing money and product from the store.
SHE CHANGED MY TIME IN THE TIMECLOCK SO I DIDNT GET PAID FOR HOURS THAT I WORKED AND THE COMPANY WILL NOT FIX IT. The company doesn't give a S*!t about its employees or customers. The products are poorly made and overpriced. Customers would often buy something, have it break within weeks and want a refund but there was nothing we could do because we would get in serious trouble for accepting returns. Engraver would break down and our district manager would tell us to just deal with it. Basically, don't work for this corrupt company.
Customer service/Engraver
Engraver/Customer Service associate (Former Employee), Modesto, CADecember 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches, bonding time with employees, learning how to engrave personal items
Cons: n/a
Greet customers, cashier, cash handling, working with others, stocking items

Engraving items, time management, scheduling hours, machine usage.
A decent job that turned into a nightmare
Sales Associate/Key Holder/Engraver (Former Employee), Savannah, GANovember 28, 2014
Pros: engraving was fun, work experience, making customers happy, friendlyt co-workers
Cons: unclean environment, manager not trained properly
A year ago, my review of this company would have been positive. I worked here for just shy of a decade. I wouldn't have stuck it out so long if I didn't like my job.

And then everything changed.

Not everyone who has years of management experience is a good manager. This was proven over the past year. New manager, new to the company, and 11 months in is still using the excuse that they aren't trained properly to do things. If it wasn't for the assistant manager, most of the manager's duties would not get done. If I listed everything that has gone wrong, you would think I was making it up. I have pictures from the past year that I wanted to send to the district manager, but didn't due to not wanting to appear petty. I only hope, for the sake of the co-workers I am leaving behind, that upper management does a surprise audit of that store without giving her time to scrounge the day or two before their arrival to do work she doesn't do normally. I don't think the deposit receipts have been signed off on since May. I even attempted to call the Shrink hotline, but nobody ever came out to the store. The district manager didn't seem bothered that the store manager was out of dress code on almost every store visit. It was abundantly clear that numbers were more important the well being of the staff and the health issues due to the ceiling tile covered in black mold that is still there after 6 months.

That said, the past year has completely clouded my experience with Things Remembered. Where I used to look forward to going to work, catching up with the co-workers, and engraving, I dreaded what issues awaited me inevitably every day caused not by customers, but by the store manager.

1 2 3 4 5

About Things Remembered

Things Remembered is trying hard not to be forgotten. The company primarily sells products, such as jewelry, leather goods, glassware, – Read more