Things Remembered

Things Remembered United States Employee Reviews

Things remembered
Engraver - Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edison, NJApril 20, 2015
Pros: great job, crew
Cons: nothing bad
best job ever, crew was amazing and managers were really helpful and interested in helping customers and employees with any problem.
Company wants a lot with very little in return
Part Time Seasonal Associate / Engraver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 20, 2015
Pros: Sometimes nice customers
Cons: no breaks because of single coverage
I worked for this company for a while and even part time means full time with no benefits... This might have been cutting edge at one point the system most definitely needs an update,

The home office doesn't do a very good job supporting its staff with customer orders that were placed online and most orders are done blindly by home office. Meaning that most of the time items were scratched or took way too long even with express shipping.

Most of the time the area managers don't do more than email the store and sales promotions are always better online than in store and people do their home work and then come in expecting the same and its not.

Just not a fun place...

OH and holiday hours! during Christmas I worked mainly 1pm -1 or 2 am during christmas because of poor seasonal training too! that whole place let me bitter
Things Remembered
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Savannah, GAApril 18, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: no breaks
Things Remembered is a Fast paced store and it helped me to learned about sales and being able to communicate with customers. The one problem I had is their computer system. It really needs an upgrade.
Ok Company to work for
Store Manager (Current Employee), West Dundee, ILApril 15, 2015
Not paid very well for the amount of work that there is to do! Very demand job, work along most of the time!! Get paid penny's for what you are expected to do!!
Great Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gretna, LAApril 13, 2015
loved this job, managers always great. needs a new district manager. doesn't care about his employees. had a christmas shooting at mall & all he cared about is why we didn't sell that much that day.
Helped customers find the perfect gift!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), ILApril 8, 2015
Pros: It was fun being holidday help because everyone, for the most part wasss cheerful!
Cons: It was only a holiday help hire so it was only a few months of employment.
I put inventory away and helped customers as they came in. I was responsible for helping customers come up with says to have engraved on the items they purchased. When they were done shopping i would cash them out.
it was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARApril 4, 2015
Pros: good pay, seasonal 8.00, acting asst manager 9.50
Cons: standing the whole shift, small area
it started off just for a seasonal and loved working there because it was out in the open. It gets kind of boring because there are just a lot people walking by and just looking. I think my experience working there would have been a lot better if i didn't have the district manager that was there. I tried moving up to asst. manager and she put me as "acting asst manager" for a few months and only got paid 9.50 when asst managers get like 11.00 per hour and benefits. I got tried of trying to get the job, because she had a different excuse every time i ask her about it. But I know she didn't hire me for the actual position because she thought I was too young,(i was the youngest there) which i don't think age matters as long as you can be a leader and get the job done. Other than that I liked working there i liked the managers and all the other employees respected me as the "acting asst manager".
Could be a good place to work - but falls short
Buyer (Former Employee), Highland Heights, OHApril 1, 2015
The job itself could be good, but there is no regard to work/life balance in the merchandising department. Very long days, last-minute evening meetings, too few people for the amount of work expected.
Productive and Fun
Gift Expert (Current Employee), Swansea, MAMarch 27, 2015
Learned how to engrave, how to use our computer system, and better communication skills. Favorite part is engraving our products.
Fun
seasonal engraver (Former Employee), TYLER mallMarch 23, 2015
Pros: alot
awesome, although the selection process from seasonal to full time are a bit biased based off of co workers friends. Simply put, if you dont have a friend working there youre not going to get the job.
Fun workplace with not enough flexibility
Customer Service (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAMarch 17, 2015
I was fired from this job for choosing school over work.
A normal day consisted of cleaning/rearranging the shelves and approaching customers with confidence and sincerity.
Fun At Times
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Kenner, LAMarch 6, 2015
Things Remembered can be a fun place to work but the company ask a lot of their employees. The pay is way too low for what is required from the staff.
Smiling everyday
Engraver (Former Employee), Fargo, NDMarch 3, 2015
Pros: friendly co-worker, nice manager
Cons: short breaks, mean customers
A typical day at work is very busy, we got a lot of customers and we had to help each one of them. My manager had planning. we divide up, one person would stand in front in the store and greet customer, the other one would ask them what they were looking for and point to a direction, then they would start a work order for them and last person would look over the order and check them out at cash register. My co-workers were very nice. They were helpful and friendly. The hardest part of the job was that some customer were mean and insult me sometimes. The most enjoyable part was when the manager order food for as and bought candy.
productive
Engraver (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLMarch 1, 2015
Pros: the customers
Cons: the pay
engraving personal belongings of customers. Hardest part about this job is operating the engraving machine, the length and width had to be exact.
Enjoyable work
Sales Associate (Gift Expert) (Former Employee), Tyler, TXFebruary 18, 2015
While working at Things Remembered I learned to cater to my customers needs. Each customer wanted something different, something that was perfect in their eyes. I enjoyed making my customers happy.
A friendly environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAFebruary 18, 2015
overall a good place to work in, certain things do not make sense to me. especially the way corporate chooses which times each employee needs to work.
Personalized
Store Manager (Current Employee), Appleton, WIFebruary 17, 2015
Excellent company, great management, tremendous learning experience. I have amazing customers that i have become very close with. I have been there for the best and worst moments in their lives and created some amazing memories with them. Passionate employees who always go the extra mile.
Productive and Fun working place
Sales Associate/Key Holder/ SEASONAL (Former Employee), Columbus, GAFebruary 8, 2015
Although it was an seasonal job I was still able to open and close the store. Greet customers, management was average and the hours varied. Seasonal job.
Different type of environment, Engraving is a fun addition
Store Manager (Current Employee), Natick, MAFebruary 7, 2015
Help customers shop for all occasions and help them to make sure their gift is extra special with the engraving. The engraving is the best part of the job along with seeing how happy people get after they've gotten their engraving. I definitely learned how to be a good leader/manager. Before Things Remembered I did not have any management experience so I absolutely learned a lot.
Great Work Place, Bad Higher Management
Store Manager (Current Employee), DelawareFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: creativity, okay benefits
Cons: upper management micromanaging and favoritism among employees
It's a great place to work; you have the opportunity to be creative and offer great customer service by one on one experiences... The MAJOR problem with this company is upper management and the fact that Favoritism is deeply seeded into this company and it shouldn't be.. but it is what it is.

1 2 3 4 5

About Things Remembered

Things Remembered is trying hard not to be forgotten. The company primarily sells products, such as jewelry, leather goods, glassware, – Read more

Things Remembered Salaries