Things Remembered Employee Reviews

Don't do it
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJNovember 29, 2016
The customers are great as well as the location however this company doesn't value it's employees and management either passes the buck elsewhere or straight bull craps you. Don't expect any job progression or pay increases even if you're doing better than your store as a whole and have been with the company awhile. Forget about calling HR for assistance they play the we tried card out.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Short to no breaks, horrible management, no raises
Productive fast paced work
Production Trainer/Work Cell Leader (Current Employee) –  North Jackson, OHAugust 17, 2016
A typical day at work is coming in and producing as much as possible while mainting high quality. My job duties are batching work and passing out work in an orderly mannor where I can get out as many pieces as possible in one shift. I assist people with questions on how to operate machines or produce certain products. I'm responsible for hitting daily goals.
Management can be is always looking for more out of you.
My co-workers are amazing. They make the job fun.
The hardest part of the job is during christmas season. It is mandatory 7 10 hour shifts. It makes it hard to enjoy christmas season and you have no time to spend with your family.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get that one engraving that comes out beautiful and you know when the customer sees it they are going to be ecstatic over it.
Pros
Close to home, co-workers, 40+ hours a week
Cons
Christmas season, raises, overall wage
Great Store Staff in Retail Environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJuly 29, 2016
I brought my managerial skills with me from previous positions and learned how to engrave products. I enjoyed the creative side of engraving products and helping customers find that one-of-a-kind unique gift for specific occasions.

The toughest part about the position is that I was required to have flexible availability, but only guaranteed the minimum amount of FT hours per state law. There also wasn't much for local advancement opportunities. I liked the job, but ultimately out grew my role and needed a new challenge, therefore accepting a different management role with another company.
Pros
Bonus Incentives, Creativity Enouraged
Cons
Solitary Work Environment, No local advancement opportunities
Too much work for single coverage! Stressful!
High volume store manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2016
Management positions are difficult-too much to do with continual cutting of store hours. Sales associates have it the easiest.

Typical day-No true breaks including lunch. A bite here and there if you are able. Management has to mainly work on single coverage. You have to help customers-run back to engraver (Have to complete within short time period so customers can take with them)-run back to help customers who came in PLUS pull and engrave online orders that come through your store. Utterly Crazy working environment.

If you enjoy no work/life balance, lots of stress and low pay then you will love Things Remembered!
Pros
Customers
Cons
No work/life balance, lots of stress, no breaks, low pay
Fast Paced Environment That Builds Usable Skills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 7, 2017
This was my first "real" job and it was great. I had a wonderful manager, who knew the ins and outs of the company. She also cared about my career goals as well as took the time to train me to make me the best associate on the team. I walked away knowing how to engage customers on figuring out what they want to buy as gifts, managing a store and my workload during single/double shifts, and an I became a master engraver. I've taken my customer service skills to each of my jobs and it accelerates me within the company.
awesome workenvironment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJanuary 3, 2017
this was a great job with great management. I was able to work lots of hours and the schedule was very flexible and accommodating. My coworkers and I were very close knit and worked well as a team. The hardest part of the job was being unable to provide them with something the store doesn't have. the most enjoyable part was helping the customer find exactly what the were looking for.
Pros
great hours, great scheduling, good flexability
Cons
the job was only seasonal
decent
Seasonal Engraver (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 24, 2016
The store overall is good. I like engraving as a whole and the idea of perfecting customers messages onto items of their choice. The management isn't as organized as I'm used to but it'll due as my position is seasonal. Management is worrisome during training and hovers, just an invasion of space and annoying if you like your personal space but once you prove you know what you're doing, then you "personal bubble" isn't invaded anymore.
Pros
engraving and working independently
Cons
management isn't so great and should be replaced
productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NYJanuary 5, 2017
Things Remembered is a wonderful place to work. They have a great team of coworkers, leaders and management. I learned how to do personalized engraving on glass, wood, sterling silver, and other types of materials. A typical day at work was very fun and exciting.
Pros
Breaks whenever needed, fun work
Cons
no break room
Hope you like working alone.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 24, 2017
The shifts here as an assistant manager or any employee were long and sometimes longer of the next person didn't show up. You are on 1 coverage days. Your alone all 8 to 9 sometimes 12 hour shifts. Not much room for growth and compensation was bad.
Pros
Work on your own amd a nice discount
Cons
No breaks
Horrible Job
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 13, 2017
Work 60+ hours with no breaks and little pay. Higher management doesn't appreciate it. Company is all over the place but first to reprimand you when one thing isn't done. Horrible training. No resources, and no support from corporate. I would avoid working here at all costs.
Pros
Had some good staff members
Cons

Want to know more about Things Remembered?

Ask a question
Fast-paced and challenging work place during the season.
SEASONAL ENGRAVER (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJanuary 11, 2017
Very fast-paced work environment. Daily challenges. Exceptional co-workers. Hardest part of the job was time management. Most enjoyable part of the job was learning everything and becoming efficient.
Decent place if properly staffed
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 1, 2017
I started working immediately before the holiday season started and absolutely loved my job. However, they were severely lacking in employees that had open availability. I never had one lunch break while working there, and you're required a break after working more than 6 hours and I definitely would be scheduled for longer. I would constantly be at work longer than my scheduled shift and whenever it's time to go the manager would walk away like she didn't hear my "ask" if I could go ahead and leave. I felt like the only employee that was constantly getting off hours after my shift was done. I never got off when I was supposed to but I felt everyone else would.
Best Job I Ever Had
Engraver/Cashier /Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 31, 2017
I loved this job, from the co-workers and Manager to the clientele. I enjoyed making custom engravings for people who would come in with precious memories. I loved seeing their faces when I would show them the finished product. My Manager and District Manager were both very nice and helpful, felt more like friends than bosses. They ran the company smoothly and enjoyably, It was a very calm and comfortable place to work, even when the holidays hit and I was pulling 12 hour days back to back with piles of inventory to go through and stacks of orders. I would find myself there until 3am at times still engraving and I was not irritated at all. This was a wonderful place to work and I would love to work there again if it paid enough to support my household.
Pros
Everything.
Cons
Having to Move and leave it behind.
Productive yet fun place to be in
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYDecember 25, 2016
A typical day at this job is always busy. I entered the place thinking it was over exaggerated how busy this store gets but I was wrong. It's busy during regular days but extremely busy during holiday season but fun place to be in since the management is very friendly and understanding.
Great environment!!!
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTNovember 4, 2016
Even though you will mostly always be working alone there is still great communication between everyone. The schedule is so flexible and if there is a scheduling conflict it is so easy to work it out with the other employees. You have a lot of responsibilities that can be really stressful sometimes especially when it is really busy. You open/close the store, engrave items, handle shipping/delivery, and a lot more. You get a 40% discount which includes off of the engravings so that is a great benefit. The only down side is it is a very part time job where if you are not the manager or assistant manager you most likely will not get more than 12 hours a week. The pay is still good for the amount of work.
Pros
Great coworkers, great environment, great discount, great pay
Cons
work alone, a lot of responsiblities
work ethic
Monogrammer (Former Employee) –  North Jackson, OH 44451October 25, 2016
I Monogramed blankets, wrapped and package them for shipment. I got to work in the shipping department and load trucks. I learned about all of the products. I learned how to run a multi-head sewing machines. Management was nice and I had great co-workers. the most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with.
Memory Makers at their best
Store Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARFebruary 9, 2017
Each day was different, always a new task at hand a fun filled environment. Staffing at times tended to be difficult but it always was managed and fulfilled. The workplace worked as a tight team and strong communication. One of the best companies i have ever worked for. Best part was the closeness of the team and being part of people's lives and helping them create memories that would last them a lifetime made the job much more than a job it became a passion and it was one that I thrived on and inspired me to be a stronger and better manager and memory maker.
Pros
being part of a good strong team
Cons
not many breaks
Good learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILDecember 26, 2016
Good Managers
Easy-going atmosphere
Good 1st time retail experience
Career growth happens quickly

Daily sales goals are obtainable.
New engraving equipment is easy to learn
Pros
Great Managers
Cons
not enough hours
Good Experience
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OH 43623January 25, 2017
Having worked for this company for almost 3 years, I feel as though I have learned quite a lot from everyone that I have worked with. My interpersonal and mangement skills improved the most. In my experience the managment along with my fellow coworkers were very helpful and ended up becoming personal friends of mine as well. Overall I have enjoyed working with this company.
Pros
Engraving, Uniqueness from other stores in the mall
Cons
A lot of responsibility is placed on the employee compared to similar jobs
memorable and pleasing to the eye
SALE'S ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLFebruary 17, 2017
a typical work day involved hearing peoples dreams and hopes for showing how much they care for the person or people they want to cherish and shower with gifts. having something to remember someone by can always warm a heart. it was a thoughtful place in my opinion. the hardest part again was finding the right item especially if it was out on the floor and had to be searched for in the back room. the best part about it was seeing the faces of those that loved the finishing product of their gift.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Things Remembered. Our community is ready to answer.