Things Remembered Employee Reviews

Potential to be a wonderful workplace, but falls way short in too many areas to reach it yet.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Saint Clairsville, OHAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Good money making job
Cons: No breaks, minimal assistance when attempting to learn new things, poor leader at the store level
You have a variety of responsibilities at Things Remembered.
First off, you are a salesperson in a retail environment. This is because people can, and had while I was employed there, pick an item, buy it, and leave, just like any other retail store.
But you also are providing a service, custom engraving, which is not something most people realize. This can entail many different responsibilities, depending on the materials, shape of the item, amount of time necessary to cut them, etc. This is probably the most time consuming aspect of the job, especially when you are first learning everything.
Lastly, as all members of the store, both management and associates, are responsible for banking as well as stock and organization of the store. You do opening and closing cash counts, handle bank deposits, ordering needed supplies, etc.
Overall, the customers were great to deal with. Almost all customers are understanding that mistakes will happen, especially if you have a solution you are working on. Customer service skills are definitely a big need while here, not just with the customers, but also your fellow employees (and yes the Store and District managers are in included with this).
The pay was well above average for the area I lived, so if money is your motive, look them up. If you have a family though, my experience pushes the opposite direction.
The management of my store didn't feel like they were very supportive overall. I felt like I was left hanging multiple times, and when I asked questions or brought up concerns, I felt that I was a problem to them or that it was just heard, but that's where it ended.
Good Day by Day Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDAugust 26, 2015
Provide you with the customer skills you will need. You get to meet new people and important people. This job helps you on communication skills, being pressure to complete something, etc. This jobs prepares you for a lot of other jobs you will have.
Awesome crew and employment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLAugust 21, 2015
Loved working there for my seasonal time. My co-workers were all super awesome, and kind. They helped me learn the tasks fairly quickly, and showed me where products were in the store. There was not a thing that I could say negatively. It truly was the best place, and a great first job.
Proceed with caution
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newington, NH/Portsmouth, VAAugust 21, 2015
Pros: 40% discount
Cons: everything else
When I started with TR, I loved the people I worked with and the environment. However, when I transferred stores I felt out of place, under appreciated, and often went weeks without even working. When I was working there were many times that I would work 6 to 8 hours by myself which means no breaks (not even for the restroom).

The management at the first store I worked at was amazing, fun, and encouraging, but after the transfer the management played favorites and was not willing to help her team on the inside move up when openings were available.
Great Company to work for
Sales Associate/Key Carrier (Former Employee), Modesto, CAAugust 17, 2015
I loved every minute of working with Things Remembered. Every one is very close and the work environment, well I felt more like family, than co workers. Great communication and team work with everyone. Management was great, always tried to resolve issues before any disciplinary action was taken. We had training basically everyday, to review and improve our skills.
Fun but not really
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Staten IslandAugust 10, 2015
Fun place to work, but the job itself pays lousy compared to the actual amount of work employee are expected to do. Job become very frustrating very quickly as well as tedious. The pay also does not reflect or compensate for the trouble it is to work here.
Very customer service oriented. Good place to work.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXAugust 6, 2015
Pros: The customers are great!!!
Cons: Little to no lunch time due to one person coverage.
Things Remembered is a nice place to work. The only real negative was the one-person coverage. Difficult on busy days to properly supervise the store from theft.
making sales was very easy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Clackamas ORAugust 5, 2015
The sales goals were very high, but I always managed to make them because the products and cost of engraving were high priced. I had to balance tills, make sales, greet customers, engrave items, do bank deposits, floor sets, and close the store. The job was challenging enough to make me enjoy doing it.
Seasonal
SEASONAL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 4, 2015
Pros: part-time, flexible, location close
Cons: low pay, unorganized, low hours
The wasn't much organization. There were too many employees and not enough work to go around. I didn't enjoy getting payed for nothing, contrary to popular belief. Horrible Management.
nice job culture
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCJuly 28, 2015
a great place to work if you are looking for part time slower paced job. Its a great job for learning new techniques and responsibilities.
Great Company, Terrible Scheduling
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bloomingdale ILJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Nice people, easy tasks, very routine
Cons: terrible hours
I loved working with this company, The only problem I ended up having was the lack of hours. I was told I would be getting upwards of 25 hours because I was being shuffled between two different stores. However, I was only given around nine hours a week. I have no complaints about the manegment or store atmosphere, I however would tell anyone who is looking to apply that they should not rely on this as their only source of income.
This was my very 1st job. Learned resonsibilty
Sears Key Shop/Key maker (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Learned alot from my manager
Cons: Was alone most of the time had to close the shop to use the bathroom or get something to eat
I would go to work directly from high school. I made keys when there were customers, cleaned the counters, inventory of keys and key chains, closed the store at the end of the day, made deposit.
Things Remembered review
Engraver (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: easy to work there
Cons: nothing
A typical day at Things Remembered for an Engraver is all about engravings. Example a customer comes in and either buys something and has it engraved or just needs something they already have be engraved. I learned how to manage time very well and stick to a project and see it through. the manager was the nicest manager I've had the pleasure of meeting. My co-workers where very friendly and helpful. the hardest part about engraving was the busy times where we would get 20 engravings to do. The most enjoyable part about my job was the customers they were all nice and very interesting people.
liked this job
Sales (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 21, 2015
worked graveyard learing as a cashier ,customer services I liked working with people the mangment understood where I needed the training and helped co-workers worked well with hardest part of job was not working long enough hours I enjoyed learning new things everyday
Fun and rewarding
Customer Service/Key Holder/Engraver (Former Employee), Springfield, PAJuly 21, 2015
Working for things remembered was an amazing opportunity. I got to help customers choice a gift for weddings, showers, babies, graduation etc. Then after the gift was selected, I got to engrave the item with a special message and or picture.
good expirance
Store Manager (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYJuly 21, 2015
Pros: unique at the time in its feild of
Cons: machinery was not consistant between stores
The company had a great belief in its people but the machines were hard to use and depending on location some of the technology was older and more difficult to use. They were a great stepping stone in developing me into a business owner.
A good place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Bruno, CAJuly 18, 2015
Management and location was good a good experience with costumers. good job to do would recommend to other. Jewelry was a good experience for me to do.
nice place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJuly 11, 2015
i learned how to engrave glass my management was ok co workers were great i enjoyed engraving sentimental items for customers
Cool managers but not enough hours given
Sales Rep (Current Employee), Wheaton, MDJuly 9, 2015
My managers are really cool and although I have not been working there for very long they are starting to show their true colors. It has been two weeks since me and 4 other people have been put on the schedule. I called another Things Remembered location in order to get transferred to that store and they expressed that they were have trouble putting the 4 people that they have on staff onto the schedule as well. The job can be boring at times, but when they are busy they are truly BUSY. They usually only put 2 people on the same shift at once, which can be kind of frustrating when the store gets busy and one needs help.
Heart warming and fun environment
Engraver (Current Employee), Towson, MDJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Engraving
Cons: No Benefits
I love engraving. Becoming part of a special part of families most memorable moments brings me delight in knowing that I made their memories a little bit more special.