Things Remembered Employee Reviews in United States

Great after school job
Assistant Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJuly 24, 2016
Not interested in writing a review on this employer. However it seems there is a 20 word minimum requirement that must be achieved.
Good company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kaneohe, HIJuly 18, 2016
Advanced in under a year, company paid to relocate me and offered me a management position. Store ended up closing. Offered me a job in a city too far away - ended up taking a lay off.
Incompatible with co-workers
Seasonal Engraver (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MD 20716July 17, 2016
All in all, it was a great seasonal job and I enjoyed what I did. However, my manager and I had vastly different values, which made it a difficult work setting for me.
Pros
Gained new creative abilities
Cons
Short breaks, not-too-friendly atmosphere, no room for error
Very supportive Regional Manager and corporate staff included.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 9, 2016
This company is very sales and numbers focused. They also depend on the customer feedback. I personally think it was a well balanced, goal oriented company.
Learning the art of how to engrave
Engraver/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJJuly 7, 2016
Around the holidays it can be VERY VERY busy, which is understandable considering its a personalization store. On the schedule it would say you were working a 12 hour shift, but you would end up working past closing, throughout the night, and possibly until the next morning until opening.
Someone I know has been there for quite a while, is the only one in school, and yet the manager at the time told them that their job would be on the line if they wanted to take off only one day a week when they're open only 7 hours that day (sundays) and work every day of the rest of the week.
Pros
discount, making friends with friendly people
Cons
working over night/well past your shift, working without breaks
Too much work for single coverage! Stressful!
High volume store manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2016
Management positions are difficult-too much to do with continual cutting of store hours. Sales associates have it the easiest.

Typical day-No true breaks including lunch. A bite here and there if you are able. Management has to mainly work on single coverage. You have to help customers-run back to engraver (Have to complete within short time period so customers can take with them)-run back to help customers who came in PLUS pull and engrave online orders that come through your store. Utterly Crazy working environment.

If you enjoy no work/life balance, lots of stress and low pay then you will love Things Remembered!
Pros
Customers
Cons
No work/life balance, lots of stress, no breaks, low pay
engraving store often found in malls
Engraver (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 30, 2016
Was a very quiet store with many beautiful breakables. The hours are very flexible and management are great and very understanding people.
Very productive work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIJune 28, 2016
Other than holidays, there was always single coverage so you spend a lot of time by yourself. During your shift you are required to meet a sales goal, provide quality engraving in a timely manner and maintain cleanliness of the store. Management was very flexible and understanding; always available when I had questions (because like I said, majority of the time it was single coverage.) Things Remembered was such a smooth sailing job with hard working co-workers. We had great communication amongst our team!
Good job.....If you're up to the challenge
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 23, 2016
Great place to learn customer satisfaction, but with little staff of about 6-10 people, almost any holiday is rough. Having to stay very late after hours to finish engraving for the next day. Trying to balance other life commitments like school is incredibly difficult.
Pros
40% Employee Discount, Learning to make unique gifts with engraver
Cons
Small staff, Life balancing. Staying anywhere from 12 A.M.-3 A.M during holidays
Love this place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 11, 2016
I am excited to tell you this is a great place to work at and meet all types of people. the team was very cool and respectful the atmosphere was awesome.
Fun environment to work in
Seasonal Engraver (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 8, 2016
My job at Things Remembered involved me putting away new inventory shipments in the back, as well as engraving items customers either paid for or brought in themselves.
Love engraving!
cashier, engraver (Former Employee) –  Greece, NYJune 7, 2016
Great job, fun co-workers and enjoyed engraving items for customers. Not many hours were available. Was fun even at Christmas when it was busy. Assistant Manager wasn't very nice and became rude talking down to others.
Pros
engraving
Cons
not enough hours, assistant manager
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Jackson, OHJune 7, 2016
Great place to work I highly recommend their product. There's room for advancement and the people are great. Everyone helps and the gifts are beautiful.
Pros
40% off on merchandise
Cons
no air conditioning
environment was great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILMay 31, 2016
Beautiful shop. My co-workers were very pleasant to be around. I enjoyed the time I worked there, engraving items for people was surprisingly fun.
Productive and entertaining
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 21, 2016
Good pay rate
Most customers are friendly
Job is very hands on, so there is never a dull moment
Typical day at work; taking orders and completing the task by a certain time.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
On feet entire shift
Good place to work if you want to stay a manager
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 19, 2016
Work a lot of single coverage and heavy work load. Juggle customers, production and any normal operational tasks.... Sale changes, shipments, redisplays etc. Not a bad place to work but not a great place to build a career.
Lots of down time. Focused organized tasks, engraving
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 18, 2016
I work by myself, so i run the entire store by myself. My manager leaves me tasks to complete that normally an ASM would do because we currently dont have one. We usually have a few engraving orders a day unless is a holiday weekend. The hardest part about this job is the amount of down time we do have because I like to be busy. The best part about this job is my co-workers and manager. They are so fun and caring to work with.
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
Down time, No breaks
Things Remembered is a rewarding and enjoyable place to work.
Seasonal Engraver (Former Employee) –  West Towne Mall Madison, WIMay 17, 2016
Things Remembered was a seasonal job that had various tasks that had to be performed on a daily basis. If the job had been full time it is the kind of job that I would look forward too working at for a period of time of at least a decade or longer.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL 32301May 3, 2016
I only worked during the seasonal period, but I got to met people from different walks of life. Management was awesome and nice. I developed my people skills. The hardest part of the job was standing on my feet all day.
Retail
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAMay 3, 2016
Manager was fun and kinda crazy. Co-workers were mostly young adults. Focus was customer service and sales. Sell up. The hours were full time. The engraving was the best part. No one likes doing inventory.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Minimum wage

2.9