Things Remembered

Things Remembered Employee Reviews

Interactive workplace
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee), West Dundee, ILJuly 2, 2015
At Things Remembered I often worked in the store by my self. This allowed me to work with the customers on an individual basis and help determine specifically what they are looking for and how they would like it engraved.
great place
Sales Representative (Former Employee), valencia,caJune 29, 2015
Pros: paid brakes
great place to work at,nice co-workers,great environment , learned a lot of customer service skills from working this job
Great people
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Fairfield, CAJune 24, 2015
The people are always fun to talk to. Always makes the time go faster during shifts. Managers are always good to talk to. Being a temp was a good start at getting into retail.
Good Company to Work For...
Store Manager (Current Employee), san diego, caJune 24, 2015
Pros: Easy-going, fair company
Cons: No actual breaks, lack of growth opportunities
A typical day in a slower store is fairly easy going. The biggest challenge is you work alone so when customers come in all at once, you are the salesperson, the cashier and the engraver. Breaks outside of the store are nonexistent. Management varies by store, but from my experience, management is fair and helpful. I dislike the lack of growth opportunities. I most enjoy the engraving. You have creative freedom with most customers to make items look great and custom as well as getting to work with everyone one on one when it is slower.
I loved working at this store because i was surrounded by art and sculptures
Greeting and Assisting Customers (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYJune 19, 2015
A typical day at work required me to stand for long hours and assist customers with their orders. I loved working here because I worked here during a jolly holiday. Everyone I encountered seemed to be happy that Christmas was coming up. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the fast pace. Everyday was like black Friday because so many people loved the store I was working at.
Productive and fun
Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 17, 2015
Pros: Advancement
Management I learned from my co workers. Training was an everyday task. The people I worked with were more like family. Hardest part of my job was during holiday season. I have kids so it was really hard with the long hours but it was all worth it.The most enjoyable part was customers satisfaction.
Fun Work, no pay
Engraver (Former Employee), North Jackson, OHJune 15, 2015
This was a good and fun learning experience. However, there was a very low rate per hour and come to the holidays, there were no days off.
Good Experience
Sales/Engraver (Former Employee), Culver City, CaJune 14, 2015
Pros: Great stories from customer, seeing the customer's complete satisfaction once I've finished their iteam
Cons: short lunches, not enough employee's working on one shift
I was an engraver when i first started, so my days would usually start with checking our online orders through a work portal and begin my day with completing said orders that were gonna be picked up within the next couple of hours, dusting shelves because the store was 95% glass, including shelves and merchandise so dust gets collected frequently. I learned how to work an odd engraver machine that I've never seen or heard of before. The manager was very up beat and perky, sometime encouraging and also had a funny sense of humor. Hardest part of the job was only when major holidays rolled around like Mother's or Father's day, Valentines day, and Christmas was the BIG one. we would get swamped with orders and sometime stay until midnight or later to complete them. However the thing I enjoyed the most was the cool story's that would come in with the customer's and why they are getting a personal messaged engraved on an item they brought from home or something they picked there in the store.
Fun place to work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Ventura, CAJune 11, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Things Remembered. The environment was welcoming and my co-workers were great team players. The management was stellar in allowing me to advance in the company.
Overall a Fun and Different Retail Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Johnson City, TnJune 10, 2015
Pros: Fun environment Great Manager
Cons: Pay is above min wage but could be higher because of what you have to know
I have worked in alot of retail environments but this is by far the most interesting! I really enjoy engraving...you are trained how to do it and I enjoy the one on one interaction with customers. It's a real personal connection. Management is great. Always available to help when you aren't sure of something. It's a changing environment so you do have to keep up which can be challenging. Schedules can be hectic around holidays, but it's retail you have to expect that. Long hours at Christmas for sure but management is right there with you working even more hours. My manager is also flexible in working around my school schedule.
Great Place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 6, 2015
Pros: Wonderful Shop
Cons: There are none
Worked there for 19 years. Mom had Ovarian Cancer so I needed some time away from the workplace. The Company has great customer service. Manager and I always gave 100 Percent.
Face Paced, Must be Time Conscious
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Hoover, ALJune 4, 2015
Pros: Customers, great team
Cons: short to no breaks, no consistency in scheduling or hours
A normal day atThings remembered consists of taking care of customers (greeting, helping them palce their orders, filling their orders), engraving, putting away shipments, and maintaining a clean work space and store.

I learned how to work as a team, how to engrave and improved on my customer service and communication skills.

Myco-workers and I are relatively close. We remain professional at work,but also care about what is going on in each other's lives.

There are days where there are an unusual amount of orders to fill along with the occasionaldisgruntled customer. In those cases I apologise for any inconviences and try to fix the issue as quickly and accurately as possible.

I LOVE my customers. They are the best part of my job.
Great people to work with, it was like a second family
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greendale, WIJune 2, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Things Remembered. It got me out of my shell, since I had to approach customers and interact with them to provide a service. I really enjoyed personalizing gifts for customers. The people I worked with were always fun and great to be around.
Special occasion gifts
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 31, 2015
This job can be rewarding and meaningful. There is a lot to do and even more to learn. I greet customers, provide assistance in gift choice, engrave, and resolve issues as necessary. I maintain stock and the floor plan to the best of my ability and our repeat customers are a joy to work with.
Overall, I enjoyed the people and culture created by Things Remembered.
Gift Expert (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIMay 28, 2015
Pros: High amount of creative license, self-management of time
Cons: Short staffed during holidays, inconsistent training programs
I learned how to utilize the engraving machine so to engrave metal, glass, plastic, and other materials for keepsakes. My store was not a large one, just a kiosk with at maximum 4 employees and so we worked very closely. The only two employees other then myself employed during a non-holiday season were the store manager, the assistant manager and myself. Most of my time was spent working at the store alone, meeting customers and taking orders as well as creating the finished product and presenting it to the customers. The most difficult part of my job was finding job security. The district manager gave my entire store 9 days of notice before our store was to be completely gone from that mall. This left me without a job a few months before graduating from college. The best part of my job was definitely getting to make the gift that someone was a proud to present to another person. For example, I got to engrave the wine glass that someone was going to use in their wedding proposal, and the anniversary present that a man gave to his wife with a sweet poem.
Small company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Lakewood, CAMay 26, 2015
As a manager I was alone for most of my shifts. Everything was done by who ever was at work that day, even if you were by yourself. Sales, customer service, engraving, cashier, merchandising, shipment, paperwork and whatever projects they wanted you to get done. Long hours without a break. I enjoyed my co-workers because when they were there I wasn't alone. I felt upper level management was not realistic in new tasks they would want us to implement, they didn't have concern that we were with out breaks for long periods of time. Holidays were very hard, 12-15 hour days, working till all hours in the morning not being able to enjoy or celebrate holidays.
not so sure/feeling ousted
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Midland, MIMay 24, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: nights, weekends, and holidays
The hardest part of my job is trying to figure out what mood my manager is going to be in when I come into work or when she comes in to relieve me.....
Never see our district manager, unless its after 6 pm.
Wasn't the most professional place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Willow Grove, PAMay 22, 2015
Cons: Unprofessional Managers, Too much work and attitude for no pay
The managers were more concerned with playing office games then teaching the employees how to handle big rushes of customers. The two managers were friends outside of work and spent the majority of the day conversing about the nights out they had.
good company to work for
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Wausau, WIMay 19, 2015
variety of things to do in a typical work day. management makes it a good place to work. Good product available to sell to customers
Creative and enjoyable
Engraver and Sales Associate (Current Employee), MOMay 18, 2015
Pros: Engraving
Cons: Sales demands and Short breaks
This job is fun! Although it can become stressful to meet the demands of selling, engraving items is enjoyable and talking with the customers can turn out interesting. My co-workers are fun to be around and are always willing to help. The hardest part is being able to keep up with the required amount of sales; best part is engraving.

1 2 3 4 5

About Things Remembered

Things Remembered is trying hard not to be forgotten. The company primarily sells products, such as jewelry, leather goods, glassware, – Read more

Things Remembered Salaries