Things Remembered

Things Remembered Employee Reviews

nice job culture
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCJuly 28, 2015
a great place to work if you are looking for part time slower paced job. Its a great job for learning new techniques and responsibilities.
Great Company, Terrible Scheduling
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bloomingdale ILJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Nice people, easy tasks, very routine
Cons: terrible hours
I loved working with this company, The only problem I ended up having was the lack of hours. I was told I would be getting upwards of 25 hours because I was being shuffled between two different stores. However, I was only given around nine hours a week. I have no complaints about the manegment or store atmosphere, I however would tell anyone who is looking to apply that they should not rely on this as their only source of income.
This was my very 1st job. Learned resonsibilty
Sears Key Shop/Key maker (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Learned alot from my manager
Cons: Was alone most of the time had to close the shop to use the bathroom or get something to eat
I would go to work directly from high school. I made keys when there were customers, cleaned the counters, inventory of keys and key chains, closed the store at the end of the day, made deposit.
Things Remembered review
Engraver (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: easy to work there
Cons: nothing
A typical day at Things Remembered for an Engraver is all about engravings. Example a customer comes in and either buys something and has it engraved or just needs something they already have be engraved. I learned how to manage time very well and stick to a project and see it through. the manager was the nicest manager I've had the pleasure of meeting. My co-workers where very friendly and helpful. the hardest part about engraving was the busy times where we would get 20 engravings to do. The most enjoyable part about my job was the customers they were all nice and very interesting people.
liked this job
Sales (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 21, 2015
worked graveyard learing as a cashier ,customer services I liked working with people the mangment understood where I needed the training and helped co-workers worked well with hardest part of job was not working long enough hours I enjoyed learning new things everyday
Fun and rewarding
Customer Service/Key Holder/Engraver (Former Employee), Springfield, PAJuly 21, 2015
Working for things remembered was an amazing opportunity. I got to help customers choice a gift for weddings, showers, babies, graduation etc. Then after the gift was selected, I got to engrave the item with a special message and or picture.
good expirance
Store Manager (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYJuly 21, 2015
Pros: unique at the time in its feild of
Cons: machinery was not consistant between stores
The company had a great belief in its people but the machines were hard to use and depending on location some of the technology was older and more difficult to use. They were a great stepping stone in developing me into a business owner.
A good place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Bruno, CAJuly 18, 2015
Management and location was good a good experience with costumers. good job to do would recommend to other. Jewelry was a good experience for me to do.
nice place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJuly 11, 2015
i learned how to engrave glass my management was ok co workers were great i enjoyed engraving sentimental items for customers
Cool managers but not enough hours given
Sales Rep (Current Employee), Wheaton, MDJuly 9, 2015
My managers are really cool and although I have not been working there for very long they are starting to show their true colors. It has been two weeks since me and 4 other people have been put on the schedule. I called another Things Remembered location in order to get transferred to that store and they expressed that they were have trouble putting the 4 people that they have on staff onto the schedule as well. The job can be boring at times, but when they are busy they are truly BUSY. They usually only put 2 people on the same shift at once, which can be kind of frustrating when the store gets busy and one needs help.
Heart warming and fun environment
Engraver (Current Employee), Towson, MDJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Engraving
Cons: No Benefits
I love engraving. Becoming part of a special part of families most memorable moments brings me delight in knowing that I made their memories a little bit more special.
Things Remembered Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Creative Engraving and Customer relations
Cons: Single coverage with no lunch breaks
The hardest part of the job is the "off-duty hours". As manager there really is no such thing as a day off. If there is a problem, no matter where you are or what you're doing, you have to come in to fix it.

The best part of the job is that you can really affect how other people view not only you, but the company. It's a great position to facilitate positive attitude and morale while working toward a beneficial solution for everyone.
typical day at things remembered
Sales Rep/ Floor Sales (Current Employee), Plano, TXJuly 6, 2015
when i go in to work i on greet each and every customer that comes in and then after the customer purchase a gift for a loved one i will engrave it and at the end of the day i will proceed on closing the store.
Interactive workplace
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee), West Dundee, ILJuly 2, 2015
At Things Remembered I often worked in the store by my self. This allowed me to work with the customers on an individual basis and help determine specifically what they are looking for and how they would like it engraved.
great place
Sales Representative (Former Employee), valencia,caJune 29, 2015
Pros: paid brakes
great place to work at,nice co-workers,great environment , learned a lot of customer service skills from working this job
Great people
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Fairfield, CAJune 24, 2015
The people are always fun to talk to. Always makes the time go faster during shifts. Managers are always good to talk to. Being a temp was a good start at getting into retail.
Good Company to Work For...
Store Manager (Current Employee), san diego, caJune 24, 2015
Pros: Easy-going, fair company
Cons: No actual breaks, lack of growth opportunities
A typical day in a slower store is fairly easy going. The biggest challenge is you work alone so when customers come in all at once, you are the salesperson, the cashier and the engraver. Breaks outside of the store are nonexistent. Management varies by store, but from my experience, management is fair and helpful. I dislike the lack of growth opportunities. I most enjoy the engraving. You have creative freedom with most customers to make items look great and custom as well as getting to work with everyone one on one when it is slower.
I loved working at this store because i was surrounded by art and sculptures
Greeting and Assisting Customers (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYJune 19, 2015
A typical day at work required me to stand for long hours and assist customers with their orders. I loved working here because I worked here during a jolly holiday. Everyone I encountered seemed to be happy that Christmas was coming up. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the fast pace. Everyday was like black Friday because so many people loved the store I was working at.
Productive and fun
Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 17, 2015
Pros: Advancement
Management I learned from my co workers. Training was an everyday task. The people I worked with were more like family. Hardest part of my job was during holiday season. I have kids so it was really hard with the long hours but it was all worth it.The most enjoyable part was customers satisfaction.
Fun Work, no pay
Engraver (Former Employee), North Jackson, OHJune 15, 2015
This was a good and fun learning experience. However, there was a very low rate per hour and come to the holidays, there were no days off.

1 2 3 4 5

About Things Remembered

Things Remembered is trying hard not to be forgotten. The company primarily sells products, such as jewelry, leather goods, glassware, – Read more

Things Remembered Salaries