Things Remembered

Things Remembered Employee Reviews

Wasn't the most professional place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Willow Grove, PAMay 22, 2015
Cons: Unprofessional Managers, Too much work and attitude for no pay
The managers were more concerned with playing office games then teaching the employees how to handle big rushes of customers. The two managers were friends outside of work and spent the majority of the day conversing about the nights out they had.
good company to work for
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Wausau, WIMay 19, 2015
variety of things to do in a typical work day. management makes it a good place to work. Good product available to sell to customers
Creative and enjoyable
Engraver and Sales Associate (Current Employee), MOMay 18, 2015
Pros: Engraving
Cons: Sales demands and Short breaks
This job is fun! Although it can become stressful to meet the demands of selling, engraving items is enjoyable and talking with the customers can turn out interesting. My co-workers are fun to be around and are always willing to help. The hardest part is being able to keep up with the required amount of sales; best part is engraving.
Typical demanding retail job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Bloomingdale, ILMay 17, 2015
Pros: Being creative with customers.
Cons: No breaks or lunches, standing almost 100% of the time
The hardest part of this job is not having any work/life balance. You couldn't count on having time off needed for an event or special occasion. The best part of this job was the creative aspect of assisting customers in creating memorable gifts for their special occasions.
Great staff, very fun work enviorment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAMay 17, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and pay.
Cons: Long days
A typical day at work was always fun, loved seeing all my customers and my staff I worked with. I leraned how to engrave on glass, metals, and plastics. My co-workers were amazing, the hardest part of my job was the engraving. The whole job itself was amazing.
Typical Mall Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Paramus, NJMay 15, 2015
Pros: Employee Discount
Cons: Not ideal for advancement within the company
A fun retail job with very little room for advancement
Typical breaks and policy
Great Manager
A very focused sales policy/work ethic
Fluctuating customer traffic

Crazy busy during peak sales season, which is Christmas Time
Great Place to work
Customer Service/ Engraver (Former Employee), Westminster, CAMay 12, 2015
Pros: Great People, fun place, learning new things.
Cons: At times slow.
This was a great place to work at. I often helped customers in ideas on product and engraving. To see them leave with a smile made me feel good. My Co-workers there were great people and fun to be with.
The hardest thing to do there was to make sure not to break or mess up on an item you were engraving on. Tho if you paid attention to it all you never or near never would. One thing I can say that i loved about working there was well my co-workers. It was them that made me happy to come in everyday.
Productive & Creative Place, Need to be a self starter
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Steubenville, OHMay 11, 2015
Pros: Able to work without supervision
Cons: No chair allowed in kiosks, Kiosk employees must stand even while eating on lunch break.
During a typical day at work TR personnel interact one on one with customers, helping them design the perfect gift with a heart felt message; Customer service and friendliness is a major asset to the company. Afterwards you ring up the order and later engrave the customer's message/design on the product. You are responsible for maintaining the engraving machine and repairing it. At least once a week you process and put away shipments. You are responsible for hiring and conducting ongoing training with staff. Each night, the closer makes a deposit and the manager is responsible for auditing these deposits to prevent shrink.
During my years at Things Remembered, I learned about running a business. First and foremost, I learned to listen to what people are saying so that I can better fix problems. I learned to read a VMG and execute store visual changes. I learned about shrink, loss prevention, profit and loss percentages and the importance of teamwork. In addition, I learned to trouble shoot and problem solve.
My coworkers were integral to the store. Through teamwork we were able to accomplish what we set out to do and fill gift orders in even the most busiest of times.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the creativity and working with customers.
The hardest part of the job was never "actually" having a day off; managers are ultimately responsible for their store even when they are not in it. "The buck stops here."
Fun and Easy
Customer Service Specialist and Gift Engraver (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COMay 9, 2015
Pros: Great management and co-workers, fun environment, work/home life separation
Cons: Lack of benefits, low income
My main position here was as a customer service specialist and gift engraver. In addition, I also helped clean, stock, and organize the store, and managed the cash drawer during most shifts.

I learned about managing and balancing a cash drawer and handling some uncomfortable and stressful situations with customers.

Management was easy to talk to, trustworthy and reliable, while also being straight forward and setting concrete and reasonable expectations.

My co-workers were fun and easy to get along with.

My only complaints about this job were the part-time hours, lack of benefits, and low income.
productive friendly environment.
Sales & Engraving (Current Employee), Ocala, FLMay 8, 2015
At a normal day at work i would be engraving personal items for our customers in which allowed us build a strong relationship with our customers and hear the amazing storied behind their items of choice and the sentimental meaning behind them as well.
Create a Gift
Store Manager (Current Employee), NJMay 7, 2015
A typical work day in a busy environment entails being ready to mingle with customers, engrave a beautiful gift, and to be able to multi task efficiently.
Lonely Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Concord, CAMay 4, 2015
Cons: low wages, no breaks, unsafe, lonely, no where to advance, no direct deposit.
Working at things remembered is very lonely and even a little scary. You work most shifts alone with no security cameras or security at the door. The pay was minimum wage when I was working there. You have to help customers and engrave with no errors and wothout making the customers wait to be helped- its impossible. The store management was ok, but upper level is rude, dismissive, and un-organized.
Very enjoyable place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Moline, ILMay 2, 2015
Cons: Store Closing
I absolutely loved working there, the only thing I wasn't too thrilled about the store closing and the amount of time we were given to find something elsewhere. The people I worked with were very friendly and helpful. I learned a lot, and got comfortable working with the engraving machine.
It is a good place to go for a first job.
Sales Associate/Engraver (Former Employee), Aurora, COApril 28, 2015
Pros: Fairly easy job, gives a person a chance to be social and helpful
Cons: Not very good pay, do not always get breaks
At Things Remembered, an employee would straighten the store until customers came. Then the employees were to help the customer choose both an item and what to engrave on it. Once the customer had chosen, the employee would engrave the item within an hour.
Things remembered
Engraver - Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edison, NJApril 20, 2015
Pros: great job, crew
Cons: nothing bad
best job ever, crew was amazing and managers were really helpful and interested in helping customers and employees with any problem.
Company wants a lot with very little in return
Part Time Seasonal Associate / Engraver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 20, 2015
Pros: Sometimes nice customers
Cons: no breaks because of single coverage
I worked for this company for a while and even part time means full time with no benefits... This might have been cutting edge at one point the system most definitely needs an update,

The home office doesn't do a very good job supporting its staff with customer orders that were placed online and most orders are done blindly by home office. Meaning that most of the time items were scratched or took way too long even with express shipping.

Most of the time the area managers don't do more than email the store and sales promotions are always better online than in store and people do their home work and then come in expecting the same and its not.

Just not a fun place...

OH and holiday hours! during Christmas I worked mainly 1pm -1 or 2 am during christmas because of poor seasonal training too! that whole place let me bitter
Things Remembered
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Savannah, GAApril 18, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: no breaks
Things Remembered is a Fast paced store and it helped me to learned about sales and being able to communicate with customers. The one problem I had is their computer system. It really needs an upgrade.
Great Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gretna, LAApril 13, 2015
loved this job, managers always great. needs a new district manager. doesn't care about his employees. had a christmas shooting at mall & all he cared about is why we didn't sell that much that day.
Helped customers find the perfect gift!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), ILApril 8, 2015
Pros: It was fun being holidday help because everyone, for the most part wasss cheerful!
Cons: It was only a holiday help hire so it was only a few months of employment.
I put inventory away and helped customers as they came in. I was responsible for helping customers come up with says to have engraved on the items they purchased. When they were done shopping i would cash them out.
it was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARApril 4, 2015
Pros: good pay, seasonal 8.00, acting asst manager 9.50
Cons: standing the whole shift, small area
it started off just for a seasonal and loved working there because it was out in the open. It gets kind of boring because there are just a lot people walking by and just looking. I think my experience working there would have been a lot better if i didn't have the district manager that was there. I tried moving up to asst. manager and she put me as "acting asst manager" for a few months and only got paid 9.50 when asst managers get like 11.00 per hour and benefits. I got tried of trying to get the job, because she had a different excuse every time i ask her about it. But I know she didn't hire me for the actual position because she thought I was too young,(i was the youngest there) which i don't think age matters as long as you can be a leader and get the job done. Other than that I liked working there i liked the managers and all the other employees respected me as the "acting asst manager".

1 2 3 4 5

About Things Remembered

Things Remembered is trying hard not to be forgotten. The company primarily sells products, such as jewelry, leather goods, glassware, – Read more

Things Remembered Salaries