Things Remembered Employee Reviews

Independent
Sales Associate/Cashier/Engraver (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLAugust 20, 2017
Expected to run entire store alone. Requires initiating sales, helping customers with workorders, engraving, answering phone, shipping and receiving, inventory, etc.
Pros
night shift deposit commission
Cons
will always be alone and store will be hindered because of it
Nice people but sales is not my thing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 19, 2017
A typical day was selling and keeping the store clean. I learned about sales and how to sell to almost anyone. I enjoyed speaking to the customers and providing excellent customer service.
The management was fantastic.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAAugust 16, 2017
Loved working with my managers there, and would definitely work for them again. Otherwise it was what it was. A lot of people came and went, so we were understaffed often.
Fun fast pace place to work
Customer Service and Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TN 37919August 15, 2017
I enjoyed the employees and customers there. I looked forward to coming to work each time. I love the products. I got discounts of the products. The manager is a great lady to work for.
An interesting place to work for a while, but it's not for everyone.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJAugust 14, 2017
I began at TR as an engraver and enjoyed my job very much! I was going to college at the time and needed the extra cash, so being a TR associate was a good thing; however, as time went on, the store changed drastically. New management came in, and many employees left to work for different companies or to do completely different jobs. Working in retail is incredibly stressful sometimes, and around the holiday season employees sometimes didn't have their schedules until the Sunday they were supposed to work, which made it hard on everyone.

Overall I do not regret my experience, but I do not want to work there again.
Pros
You might get to engrave stuff, which is awesome! I engraved a sword once.
Cons
Mall schedules are extremely flimsy, and you may not get a steady number of hours.
Great manager and co-workers, always feel like team player
Engraver, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 12, 2017
I loved working there; my coworkers are friendly and helpful. My manager was awesome. Unfortunately at this point and time I have to find a job that allows me to work from home. The hardest part of the job is trying to the changes that come from upper level management. However, if you are a flexible and adaptable employee, you should be fine. During the year, it can be slow but the job makes up for it around the holidays.
Pros
workplace culture, company morale
Fun environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 10, 2017
It is a great place to work for and around. The environment is relaxing and customers aren't too bad when it gets busy. Some days are worse than others, but the management team is there to help you through things.
Pros
Awesome coworkers, lively workplace
Cons
Not enough hours, pay to limiting to make it
Awesome Place to Work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 9, 2017
You have an opportunity to be creative and challenged at the same time. The environment isn't always fast paced but, when it is busy it's busy. It is a personal environment and you get the opportunity to care about your customer as you share in the making of a memory that will last a lifetime.
Pros
Bonus for all employees
Cons
Single coverage stores
Very nice management
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lithonia gaAugust 9, 2017
very nice management very friendly team members. a great team work enviornment. gret job security for a seasonal position. loved working here. just didnt like the pay
Pros
very friendly management and staff
Cons
no good pay
discounts on things
Monagramer/packer/Quality control/inspector (Former Employee) –  North Jackson, OHAugust 9, 2017
I enjoyed working for them I just didn't like working the 10 hour day's because at the time I was attending school.Other than that I love the job I did Quality control,packed,inspected and machine operating.I enjoyed doing them all.
Pros
Beneifit's
Cons
10 hour work day's
Productive, fun place to learn and work!
Manger in Training (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXAugust 7, 2017
Things Remembered has taught me management skills, the ability to teach, and how much I actually love doing both! The most difficult part of being a Sales Associate for Things Remembered is that you have to be a master at two different worlds. You must have the ability to sell, up sell, and engrave within an hour. Overall, Things Remembered is an enjoyable place to work & I have loved it thus far.
Pros
Great work environment, management, & customers
Cons
Pay is not eligible for raises, no health benefits
Overall unpleasant experience
Associate (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHAugust 5, 2017
I applied to be an engraver or shipper and I was thrown onto the sales floor. I hated it. They made me work with customers on my own with minimal training. After telling them my concerns, they let me try shipping, which I loved. One manager told me I could do shipping for good, and then the next day the other manager put me in pickup. Multiple orders were done incorrectly, and since I was required to take the items out of the box and display them to the customer picking up, I looked like the one responsible for the mistakes. The orders were overall very unorganized and things got mixed up often. The back area was a mess as well.
Pros
Decent pay, friendly coworkers
Cons
Unorganized
Enjoyed this position
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Des Peres, MOAugust 2, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company and helping customers pick out gifts for their loved ones and engraving their gifts for them. I would recommend this place to others.
Diverse environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 29, 2017
This job consist of customer service standing for eight hours shifts management the store ability to learn the jist of inventory willing to be taught the skills
Assistant manager/engraver, sales.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioJuly 28, 2017
Great place to lean to juggle all hats alone as a sole business owner one day. Fun learning to engrave and create message on gifts for customers. Great discount and benefits.

cons: too much paperwork with over 20 binders to keep updated on top of running a business that you need to engrave everything you sell and create. This needs to be at least a 2 person per shift store to run top notch. No breaks allowed due to single coverage.
Pros
great discount, self structured learning pace, fun engraving and selling.
Cons
no breaks, being spread too thin working solo 99% of the time.
Okay place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJuly 23, 2017
Never had any issues. Was just there for a short time since I was only seasonal and then the next season they closed the store so I wasn't able to come back.
Enjoyed learning a new trade
Engraver/Sales (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 22, 2017
Holiday season very busy. Learned to engrave items. Management was very informative, friendly co workers. The hardest part was locating items .

Enjoyed learning something new
Pros
Interesting retail
Cons
No bar code scanning
Loved this Place!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Citrus Park, FLJuly 19, 2017
I LOVED working for this company. I started as seasonal and moved on to permanent and then into a management position. I ended up leaving because I relocated to a new state with my family. I would definitely work there again. It was such a positive and fun environment.
Fun work environment but no advancement opportunity
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 18, 2017
I had a good experience with Things Remembered overall though even though I drove sales and made all of the monthly goals since I was promoted to Assistant Manager, I was passed over for store manger, though I had been acting manger for several months.
Pros
Engraving and the team
Cons
no set breaks, no advancement opportunity, high expectations and low reward.
balanced and fun
sales associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 17, 2017
relaxed days at work
leaned how to engrave jewelry
management was good
environment was relaxing
hardest part was leaving
i enjoyed engraving the most
Pros
relaxing
Cons
not enough staff