Things Remembered

Things Remembered Employer Reviews

Smiling everyday
Engraver (Former Employee), Fargo, NDMarch 3, 2015
Pros: friendly co-worker, nice manager
Cons: short breaks, mean customers
A typical day at work is very busy, we got a lot of customers and we had to help each one of them. My manager had planning. we divide up, one person would stand in front in the store and greet customer, the other one would ask them what they were looking for and point to a direction, then they would start a work order for them and last person would look over the order and check them out at cash register. My co-workers were very nice. They were helpful and friendly. The hardest part of the job was that some customer were mean and insult me sometimes. The most enjoyable part was when the manager order food for as and bought candy.
productive
Engraver (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLMarch 1, 2015
Pros: the customers
Cons: the pay
engraving personal belongings of customers. Hardest part about this job is operating the engraving machine, the length and width had to be exact.
Enjoyable work
Sales Associate (Gift Expert) (Former Employee), Tyler, TXFebruary 18, 2015
While working at Things Remembered I learned to cater to my customers needs. Each customer wanted something different, something that was perfect in their eyes. I enjoyed making my customers happy.
A friendly environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAFebruary 18, 2015
overall a good place to work in, certain things do not make sense to me. especially the way corporate chooses which times each employee needs to work.
Personalized
Store Manager (Current Employee), Appleton, WIFebruary 17, 2015
Excellent company, great management, tremendous learning experience. I have amazing customers that i have become very close with. I have been there for the best and worst moments in their lives and created some amazing memories with them. Passionate employees who always go the extra mile.
Productive and Fun working place
Sales Associate/Key Holder/ SEASONAL (Former Employee), Columbus, GAFebruary 8, 2015
Although it was an seasonal job I was still able to open and close the store. Greet customers, management was average and the hours varied. Seasonal job.
Different type of environment, Engraving is a fun addition
Store Manager (Current Employee), Natick, MAFebruary 7, 2015
Help customers shop for all occasions and help them to make sure their gift is extra special with the engraving. The engraving is the best part of the job along with seeing how happy people get after they've gotten their engraving. I definitely learned how to be a good leader/manager. Before Things Remembered I did not have any management experience so I absolutely learned a lot.
Great Work Place, Bad Higher Management
Store Manager (Current Employee), DelawareFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: creativity, okay benefits
Cons: upper management micromanaging and favoritism among employees
It's a great place to work; you have the opportunity to be creative and offer great customer service by one on one experiences... The MAJOR problem with this company is upper management and the fact that Favoritism is deeply seeded into this company and it shouldn't be.. but it is what it is.
Great customer service atmosphere
Store Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: flexible scheudules
Cons: no room for advancement
Was a fun environment where you could assist customers on making creative gift choices. Was a great place to develop business and customer relationships that have continued since leaving. Great peer support.
Fun job, very customer service oriented
Store Manager/Regional Trainer (Former Employee), Salem, NCFebruary 1, 2015
A typical work day consisted of helping customer find the perfect gift. In addition, we would help them personalize their selection with the in store engraving service offered. That was the best part for me.The hardest part of the job was the low staffing levels.
A fun but slower paced environment
Sales Associate/Engraver (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 27, 2015
I enjoyed learning how to engrave merchandise of all kinds. It was customer service orientated and i liked that. The hardest part of the job was that, there was alot of down time.
It was a good work experince
Engraver (Former Employee), Highland Heights, OHJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: easy to pick up and understand how to operate the machines
Cons: imature co workers
I worked in the factory, I engraved items with messages that people ordered, you stand in front of a computer for 8 to 12 hours and type in specific things that make a machine edge in the messages on the items, must keep work area clean, you get 2 to 3 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch, most of the co-workers were immature but not all, the hardest part was having to stand without sitting down for so long
Great work environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Sanford, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: paid break
The work environment is great. Everyone is really nice and they are always willing to help , and look out for each other.
loved engraving
Seasonal Engraver (Former Employee), Mays Landing, NJJanuary 19, 2015
Communication between seasonal and management could have been better.
great extra income.
Please don't do it.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Taylor, MIJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: nothing.
Cons: everything.
Please do not work for this company. I had to wait a month to get paid and even then, my paycheck was constantly short. They don't promise you the job and the district manager likes to hide in Macy's and stalk you. The manager isn't trained correctly and they don't know how to schedule people. Its always dirty, always junky and the storage room is hazardous. If you value your job hunting, your morals and dignity, you'd never work there.
Things Remembered
Office Assistant/ Sales Assistant (Former Employee), wilmington, deJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: experince
Cons: short hours
Awesome Place to gain experience with customer service and self manage
nice until agrivated.
sales associate (Current Employee), Stuart, FlJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great discounts
Cons: forgets to give breaks, no hours, cattines.
Everything is fun and games until the slightest upset happens. Then it is frustration and hostility. Don't expect equality, hours are given by seniority. I'm talking 0 hours for three weeks straight while others are handed 30.
Seasonal Help only
Engraver / Warehouse (Former Employee), North Jackson, OHJanuary 13, 2015
Not usually a chance to get in full time.
Seasonal work only.
Fun
Seasonal Sales (Former Employee), Manassas, VAJanuary 12, 2015
Job was very fun creating unique designs and seeing what creative things our customers come up with
horrible atmosphere
Engraver (Former Employee), Gainesville, FlJanuary 11, 2015
Management was not organized
Learned how to engrave
Small store

1 2 3 4 5

About Things Remembered

Things Remembered is trying hard not to be forgotten. The company primarily sells products, such as jewelry, leather goods, glassware, – Read more