Things Remembered Employee Reviews

Great coworkers
Business Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Jackson, OHJune 28, 2017
The B2B program, where I worked, was still in the development stages so things were a bit undefined but overall the company is very supportive of their employees. The atmosphere is friendly and relaxed and the people are warm and welcoming.
Meh.
Engraver and Sales Floor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2017
There is nothing special about this job. Boring because most of the time nobody is in the store, with the exception of maybe 4 or 5 people, unless it's a holiday. Customers are okay, management was good, but overall if you like fast paced job where you can stay busy to help time pass, this isn't it. Good beginner job though. Pays not that good but above minimum wage.
Pros
Great starter job, okay pay, management was nice, coworkers were great, during holidays they were busy
Cons
Short or no breaks, pay can be better, slowwwww, no benefits
Love love love
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJune 27, 2017
Not even a day went by before the manager called me saying I had the job after just applying and when i went in everyone was super nice. I love working here. The pay is really. You're on your feet alot but you get used to it.
Cons
Fast paced environment with unlimited ability to grow
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  North Jackson, OHJune 26, 2017
I acquired many different skills that will be sure to take me further into my professional en devours. This job is fast paced during different seasons, and requires a lot of standing and/or walking depending on your position. Each shift is ran differently, yet effectively and everything is finished in a timely manner.
Pros
Awesome people, variety work schedules, benefits
Cons
Long standing times
Good Job for younger individuals
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 24, 2017
Good place to work if your starting out your experience on working. Learned a lot for the time being that I was there, however hard to move up in the company.
productive environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 24, 2017
I typically help people find the perfect items for their family members and help them to create a very special message for them. I always enjoy seeing the look on their face once the product is engraved.
Productive, entertaining workplace
Engraver (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 22, 2017
Dealing with customers on a daily basis and providing them with exceptional help. Its a very small place to work in so things can get a little hectic.
Decent part time work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJune 22, 2017
Since it was only a part-time seasonal job i wasn't given much training and it was often hectic, so I often felt like I was scrambling to keep up. Staff was nice and never had any problems with them or management. It is a very formal business which included wearing dress shirts, dress pants and dress shoes as well as having to pull longer hair back which wasn't a problem, just not something I personally was used to.
Pros
Management bought food for staff on occasion, short shifts.
Cons
Didn't get much training, hectic environment during holidays.
Enjoyable
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJune 21, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. The day to day task was always something different because of the product we sold and able to engrave. The hardest part of the job was being able to stay on schedule with having the customers item done on time.
Fun enviroment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAJune 19, 2017
During the busy time of the year (Christmas till about father's day) you keep yourself busy all the time with customers and engraving. Hardest part of the job was being by yourself helping customers, and making sure you get the engraving done on time.
Things Remembered
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 19, 2017
Employee's are friendly. Manager wasn't very helpful with the employee's. It's a easy job to do. Helping the customers was the best part of the job. it's sometimes kind of slow.
I definitely recommend
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 17, 2017
I started with Things Remembered as a Seasonal Sales associate, and I quickly advanced into a base crew member, and then to a key holder and shortly after I was promoted to assistant manager. I loved the company but unfortunately it is a high stress job and when I got pregnant in 2014 I was forced to choose between my health and my job. This job offers insurance to its full time employees and has a lot of opportunities for overtime!
Fun place to work at
Seasonal Engraver (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 13, 2017
Great place to work at, even though if was pretty hectic at times due to the high volume of orders. Very fast paced, the pressure is real during the busiest time of the year.
Pros
Fun environment, time flies on busy days
Cons
No lunch breaks
Productive place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 13, 2017
I have been working in things remembered since November 2015, part time. Overall I have learned different types of things including, clerical, visuals, engraving, organizing income freight & trainging new/seasonal employees during holiday season.
Fun sales experience
SALES (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 11, 2017
Worked with a small, but great and motivated team. Sales and Management always communicated and worked really well together. I loved being able to set up the new product displays.
Had the best experience, worst DM in the world though.
Gift Expert (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYJune 10, 2017
I loved the employees I worked with. Except for some, but that's everywhere. The higher ups though? Terrible. My DM was a horrible person. Pretty much backed people into corners just to have a reason to fire them. Didn't like that at all. Apparently the district was cleaning up house and getting rid of managers they didn't want. Ah well. Fun retail experience though. Really stressful, holidays keep you on your feet. Customers can be a huge pain, dealing with them is key. Otherwise, still awesome.
pretty good but depends where... would work for my boss again
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 10, 2017
My manage rocks and made it a lot easier. Ended up working short shift days of about 3 hours a day for 2-4 days a week. Got more hours in high times but well there was not really a lot of hours period. Pay was better then minimum wage but low hours made life hard.
there were possible bonuses if you made your month of sales but the amount of hours you worked determined your share. Was at a single coverage store so you had better be good at multi tasking.

Ended up temping at another store and it was rough due to the poorer management of the place.

You were ultimately on your own and the closest help you could get in a single coverage was a phone call away.

Customer's had a lot of power and due to it being retail their complaints had a lot of power.

It was really fun though and I loved it.....

ended up having to leave due to regional trainer did not really like me.

Miss the job... would go back
Pros
my manager rocked and great culture, easy to get help and decent training, possible bonuses
Cons
low hours and exierence depends on how good your manager was
Engraving on.plates
Engraver (Former Employee) –  North Jackson, OHJune 7, 2017
Work fast pace helpfully people... Nice pay you get it ever week no two weeks in the whole nice hour nice group of people family oreintated.. Open door policr
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Need to get rid of a couple leads
Great place to work with lack of commitment from upper management
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2017
The tuxedo rental side is the big profit driver for the store, but at times there was a lack of commitment from upper management to help on this side of the business. The management was to worried about commission sales on the sales side of the business to realize that the tuxedo rental customer is a repeat customer to capitalize on. Regional manager never put a strong focus on the rental side.
Pros
Great sales training, good work place culture
Great little job for a college student
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  North Jackson, OHJune 4, 2017
I worked at Things Remembered Distribution Center as my job during college. I have nothing but good things to say about my time there. Management and my coworkers were all wonderful people. They would always work with me to adapt my schedule if something came up for school.