Things Remembered

Things Remembered Employer Reviews

Very Fun Job
Manager (Christina) (Former Employee), Wayne, NJJune 5, 2014
sooooo much fun
had the best co-workers and boss
customers were friendly except on holidays
loved going into work each day
Fun, upbeat environment.
PT Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tigard, ORJune 3, 2014
Pros: good working environment, crew is awesome, always a challenging day.
Cons: i understand different stores have unbelievable quotas, random hours.
Typical day consist of checking in with manager to gather sale goals and quota and I check in to see what are the new deals going on due to only being there part-time.
Learned to be more efficient from raportt with face to face sales due to being in retail, read from body language and questions made from prospect.
Hardest part would be inconsistent – more... "rush" hours and spontaneous work-orders, but it is easy manageable once a "grove" is formed, and learned that from working in a restaurant.
Management is awesome, they work with you and always have the upmost want to make you succeed. – less
Great work environment
Engraver/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Westland, MIMay 28, 2014
- Flexible hours
- Management is both understanding and respectful of their subordinates
Fun Fast Pace Enviornment
Senior Assistant Training Manager (Current Employee), DelrayMay 21, 2014
No room for advancement
Learned how to engrave
co-workers are awesome
Management sucked
Very high-paced and exciting durign holdays
Various Sales and Retail Management Positions (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDMay 20, 2014
Pros: helping people and fast-paced environment
Cons: negative managers
I enjoyed working in this type of retail store because I find it rewarding to be able to help someone find a personal gift for someone. I was able to get a lot of hours during the holiday season and also because the store manager was out sick and they were not sure when she would return. As soon as she returned, the hours were taken away from me regardless – more... of the fact that my numbers were double her numbers based on previous sales. The store manager spoke badly about the manage who was out sick be hind her back but as soon as she returned they were "friends: again. It was hard to work in an environment like this because you never knew what to expect from management. It was a negative atmosphere but my job itself was great. – less
Productive and wonderful work place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Orland Park, ILMay 19, 2014
I worked here during the holidays as a seasonal worker.Although during the holidays this store is very busy I loved being there my coworkers and management was awesome!
Zero Work/Life Balance
Desk Drone (Former Employee), CorporateMay 15, 2014
Pros: you can wear jeans
Cons: poor management, lack of corporate culture, dying business, soul sucking work.
Do you enjoy being chained to your desk, eating your lunch in 15 minutes while answering emails? Like walking into work not knowing what time you'll be going home that night? Thrive on being micromanaged with little say on your work? Then Things Remembered is the place for you!
I cannot stress how terrible the corporate culture is here. Employee morale – more... is low. I witnessed several people quit without new jobs lined up. A typical day is answering your 55 emails because you are copied on everything, sitting in 4 hour meetings and then staying til 6, 7, sometimes 9 at night to do your actual work. There is a difference between fast paced work and just running in circles. Please consider this your warning. – less
A good part time Job
Sales Associate / Key Holder (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAMay 10, 2014
Pros: very flexiable hours
Cons: not enough hours
Help customers personalize custome gifts and get to interect with new people every day. Learning how to talk to people. It felt like working with friends versus working with co-workers. Being left solo to work engraving and help customers. Being able to meet new people.
Can be fun. Its what you make of it.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Citrus Heights, CAMay 8, 2014
Pros: discounts to staff
Cons: benefits
Ran store daily ops and trained and coached staff how to sell engraving and how to engrave.Best part is the engraving aspect. Company does not hold employees best interest.
An okay place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MOMay 6, 2014
I worked the returns desk mostly and it was a physically strenuous job. My coworkers were not always cooperative and I had a lot of responsibilities at this position. They did work around my school schedule though, which was really great.
Overall great working experience
Sales Associate/Master Engraver (Former Employee), Marion, IlMay 2, 2014
Pros: you got to meet alot of different people and help them with their specialty gifts.
Cons: normally worked by yourself so no real breaks, and only fulltimers were the manager and the assistant.
A typical day was a push for sales in a very slow mall, however we maintained our sales and our customers where great. I learned how to help customers find specialty gifts to fit their needs and how to uniquely express themselves when it came to the actual engraving of their product. We had to assist the customers, then engrave their gifts in a time – more... restricted environment. Although I've moved I miss the customer base I'd built up over the years there and actually most of my old customers still stay in contact with me. Overall it was a great learning experience, although rather than hire from within for advancement they hired outside and in almost 5 years I received 1 raise and that is because minimum wage went up. Still I had two awesome managers during my time there and those ladies made it worth it. – less
Loved the engraving part of the job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCApril 30, 2014
Pros: the ability to help put feelings into words on a product that will last a lifetime.
Cons: being passed over for advancement because the dm didn't like me.
I loved this job! I was able to help customers express their selves thru words& pictures on products. I was one of a few people who became a level 5 engraver within a year of employment. The store manager and I have been neighbors for years and we worked wonderfully together, the Assistant Manager(s) were both unqualified for their job, but for some – more... reason the DM would not allow the store manager to give the ASM position to me, but I helped in training both ASM's for their jobs. The first was there before me and I still helped her on her job, the other was hired after me and we both applied for the ASM position and she was given it, but I still helped in training her for her position.
The hardest part of my job was doing the ASM job, but not getting paid for it.
The most enjoyable part of my job was engraving the products & watching the customer's reaction when they picked it up. – less
making memories
Store Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 30, 2014
Pros: using the engraving machaine
Cons: little training
you learn how to help people create memories by engraving items you sell and some you do not that a customer brings in. You help create what the gift will be, look like and design. its nice to here the surprises the person had who received the gift
Fast-Paced workplace with a friendly team
Customer service (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYApril 28, 2014
Pros: compensation, work environment, team members
Everyday I was in the back helping the engraver with the products they had to engrave, cleaning them up and packaging them to be ready for their pick-up, and I was keeping the back cleaned and stocked. The managers were amazing, nice, polite, and motivating. My co-workers were fun, upbeat and great to the customers. The hardest part of the job was when – more... we had more orders to fill than engravers at the store and when we got backed up with orders. The most enjoyable part was seeing the smile on the customers' faces when they got to see their engraved piece. – less
Good work place
fun fast friendly environment
Seasonal Engraver & Sales (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAApril 23, 2014
Pros: .
Cons: .
the training is fast paced and very rewarding. the great discount on engraved items was good too.
Detailed & Fun Enviormeant
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Gaithersburg, MDApril 21, 2014
Pros: talking to customers
Cons: standing
At Things Remembered Its A Fast Pasted Opportunity, You Get To Do A lot Of One on One With Customers Which Can Be Rewarding When They See The Final Order.
productive but laid back
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAApril 19, 2014
Pros: discounts, great co-workers and easy sales
Cons: eventually you have to go home.
I loved working here, it was only seasonal but I would have gladly stayed if offered. You stay busy and occasionally get that one rude customer, but the ladies here were so friendly and fun to work with that I never had a bad day at work.
It is okay has a side job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Newark, CAApril 19, 2014
I wouldn't recommend this has a career. Management pay is not well, management still struggles to pay their own bills. Being able to impact the customers life is great, but the pay is not worth the work.
Great job if you value customer service above all
Customer Service (Former Employee), Colonial Heights, VAApril 18, 2014
Pros: cusomer service
Cons: holiday rush
I learned to engrave, work independently, how to close the books at end of sales day, and work without manager present in store.

About Things Remembered

Things Remembered is trying hard not to be forgotten. The company primarily sells products, such as jewelry, leather goods, glassware, – Read more