Things Remembered Employee Reviews

To many managers that make there own rules as they go.
Customer service agent for the distribution center (Former Employee) –  North Jackson, OHSeptember 11, 2017
If you do not get along with everyone and kiss their butts you will not succeed in this work place you will get fired. The HR Manager is not fair or nice at all. She will not let u return to work there if you get fired even for any reason. Most of the other managers are great in the customer service department. 2 of them not so much. But they need to be uniform in how they treat their staff.
Pros
Pay went up. Vacation Time
Cons
No paid lunches, No Matching on 401k, horrible insurance, Horrible HR Manager.
Can be fun, can steal your joy
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 7, 2017
If you want to devote your everything (family time, personal life, etc) to a company, this is the company for you. There is no work/life balance, not even "normal" human things like double coverage. There are times, high volume times that are a bit different, but it's only different in the way that you now have company when you are working 16 hour shift that started as an 8 hour shift.
Eh
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTSeptember 6, 2017
Boring sales job. You were expected to give lots of bs spiels about promotions. Typical retail stuff. You were reprimanded if you didn't meet certain sales criteria even if no one stepped into the store.
great seasonal job
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTSeptember 5, 2017
During holiday fast paced, during non peak time very slow and hours are cut. hardest part is last minute customers during holiday time. Great seasonal job.
Pros
discount
Cons
hours varied
Nice Place
Floor Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAAugust 30, 2017
The hours was great, the was manager amazing. The place was nice and always clean people are sweet and always willing to learn more about new items ..
work place
Cashier/Customer Service and Engraver (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNAugust 29, 2017
low wage
lack of bonus
not opportunity for advancement
Fast paced company
Engraver (Former Employee) –  North Jackson, OHAugust 29, 2017
This was a good job, I was an engraver. Most of the work is seasonal. It could be very busy or at times we were sent home due to lack of work. I was driving 20 miles each way to work, so it wasn't worth the drive to be sent home.
Pros
Discounts on mis-engraved merchandise
Cons
Sent home alot from lack of orders
Review for Things Reembered
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 29, 2017
It is a good job, with great co-workers who work hard to make sales for each month. The company is there for you and will assist you if you have any questions.
Pros
discounts
Cons
paying to park
Fast-paced environment with many customers, often understaffed, very competative
Sales Associate/Engraver (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHAugust 28, 2017
The management staff at my particular store was rather poor. The assistant manager was very responsible and knew what she was doing, but the general manager was inexperienced in the field and often could not answer important questions, would often complain about the job, and put too much pressure on the employees. The general manager often tacked most responsibility onto the assistant manager.
treated bad
Sales (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAAugust 28, 2017
I was treated unfair. the previous manager (who no longer works there) was rude to me all the time. They hired kids who didnt want to work and would not train right
Decent place to work if you don't have bills to pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCAugust 26, 2017
Easy work. Lots of studying involved. Pay was good but not many hours. Management laid back. Crew laid back. The store supports each other but don't really support others outside the store.
Keep looking
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New jerseyAugust 26, 2017
The company is unstructured and run like a club. Upper management is inexperienced and it is impossible to hire help. Expected to hire people for 4 to 8 hours a week. Instead of focusing on the art of engraving they should focus on the art of making money. Stores closing every month. Gossip runs wild here and the avg. Manager lasts about 90 days.
Pros
Cheap healthcare
Cons
No lunch or breaks
Awsome experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  National City, CAAugust 24, 2017
I had an amazing experience in Things Remembered, always worked the night shifts, although is tired but it was an amazing job, I was able to learn more and to be able to help many people
Fun job
Engraver/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNAugust 23, 2017
I didn't learn much about this company, I only worked there temporarily in my teenage years. But it was a fun job, I learned a lot about working an electronic engraver and about customer service.
Productive and very fun workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  North Jackson, OHAugust 23, 2017
This is a great place to work. the pay is good. the hours are good as well. Overtime pay is available. It stays busy. breaks every two hours. Workers are nice.
Pros
Breaks
Independent
Sales Associate/Cashier/Engraver (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLAugust 20, 2017
Expected to run entire store alone. Requires initiating sales, helping customers with workorders, engraving, answering phone, shipping and receiving, inventory, etc.
Pros
night shift deposit commission
Cons
will always be alone and store will be hindered because of it
Nice people but sales is not my thing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 19, 2017
A typical day was selling and keeping the store clean. I learned about sales and how to sell to almost anyone. I enjoyed speaking to the customers and providing excellent customer service.
The management was fantastic.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAAugust 16, 2017
Loved working with my managers there, and would definitely work for them again. Otherwise it was what it was. A lot of people came and went, so we were understaffed often.
Fun fast pace place to work
Customer Service and Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TN 37919August 15, 2017
I enjoyed the employees and customers there. I looked forward to coming to work each time. I love the products. I got discounts of the products. The manager is a great lady to work for.
An interesting place to work for a while, but it's not for everyone.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJAugust 14, 2017
I began at TR as an engraver and enjoyed my job very much! I was going to college at the time and needed the extra cash, so being a TR associate was a good thing; however, as time went on, the store changed drastically. New management came in, and many employees left to work for different companies or to do completely different jobs. Working in retail is incredibly stressful sometimes, and around the holiday season employees sometimes didn't have their schedules until the Sunday they were supposed to work, which made it hard on everyone.

Overall I do not regret my experience, but I do not want to work there again.
Pros
You might get to engrave stuff, which is awesome! I engraved a sword once.
Cons
Mall schedules are extremely flimsy, and you may not get a steady number of hours.