Things Remembered Employee Reviews

Assistant manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CASeptember 6, 2016
This job was nice it was challenging to learn the engraving machine and all the items that you can engrave but the customers were nice.
Fast paced work environment
Engraver/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 4, 2016
Worked independently during shifts in a fast paced environment, with brief slow periods that were used to recover. Management was great. Worked 5-6 days a week. Frequently called in to cover shifts for other employees. The most enjoyable thing was to see happy faces of satisfied customers.
Pros
could work independently
Cons
low paid for the amount of work involved
very fun environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 1, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at Things Remembered. It was exciting to be a part of our customers special occasions. The customers became family due to interacting with them for such long periods of time. It was very rewarding when they would come back into the store after their big event to show us pictures.
Productive and fun
Store Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 31, 2016
Things Remember is a fun and productive place to work at. The customers are pleasant and understanding. The co workers were fun and understandable
Pros
great gifts for everyone in the family
Cons
N/A
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAAugust 29, 2016
Loved my job but unfortunately our store is closing. Love the relationships built with our customers. Had a wonderful manager that made the work experience even better as far as a team goes. Enjoyed learning how to engrave and personalize items for customers.
best job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIAugust 26, 2016
best job I worked for by far friendly people great management and it was fun to be able to engrave things. cute items and just all around a wonderful place.
Terrible Place to Work
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYAugust 22, 2016
dont do it to yourself. the manager had to worst attitude ever. she is never happy. you will not be happy working here. they dont have enough staff so everyone does double shifts
Pros
paid 15 min break
Cons
everything
80 Hours in one Week
Assistant Store Manager/ Stand-In Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXAugust 21, 2016
During any Holiday the engravers are told they can not go home until the engraving is completely done for the day, unfortunately that means engravers can and will be there until open the next morning during serious Holidays like Christmas. Also management loves you until they have worked you to the bone then they looks for reasons to get rid of you.
Productive fast paced work
Production Trainer/Work Cell Leader (Current Employee) –  North Jackson, OHAugust 17, 2016
A typical day at work is coming in and producing as much as possible while mainting high quality. My job duties are batching work and passing out work in an orderly mannor where I can get out as many pieces as possible in one shift. I assist people with questions on how to operate machines or produce certain products. I'm responsible for hitting daily goals.
Management can be is always looking for more out of you.
My co-workers are amazing. They make the job fun.
The hardest part of the job is during christmas season. It is mandatory 7 10 hour shifts. It makes it hard to enjoy christmas season and you have no time to spend with your family.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get that one engraving that comes out beautiful and you know when the customer sees it they are going to be ecstatic over it.
Pros
Close to home, co-workers, 40+ hours a week
Cons
Christmas season, raises, overall wage
quick pace
Third Key Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 11, 2016
Fast paced for sure. Loved working here. Hard work. Company expects A LOT out of the employees and really pushes on selling bonus cards.
Good company to work for!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ocoee, FLAugust 2, 2016
It's a fun job and the management is considerate and kind. I've been offered opportunities to move up because my hard work has been recognized, which is always a great thing from a company.
Terrible
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYAugust 1, 2016
No business sense. Abusive towards employees. They do not pay enough. They sell garbage and expect you to run a store when they won't staff it.
Fun first job experience
Onsite Engraver (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 1, 2016
From this first job I learned how to adapt to new settings, how to interact with different people every day and to give the best customer service I can.
Pros
Discount on merchandise
Cons
Short breaks
Great Store Staff in Retail Environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJuly 29, 2016
I brought my managerial skills with me from previous positions and learned how to engrave products. I enjoyed the creative side of engraving products and helping customers find that one-of-a-kind unique gift for specific occasions.

The toughest part about the position is that I was required to have flexible availability, but only guaranteed the minimum amount of FT hours per state law. There also wasn't much for local advancement opportunities. I liked the job, but ultimately out grew my role and needed a new challenge, therefore accepting a different management role with another company.
Pros
Bonus Incentives, Creativity Enouraged
Cons
Solitary Work Environment, No local advancement opportunities
Great after school job
Assistant Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJuly 24, 2016
Not interested in writing a review on this employer. However it seems there is a 20 word minimum requirement that must be achieved.
Good company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kaneohe, HIJuly 18, 2016
Advanced in under a year, company paid to relocate me and offered me a management position. Store ended up closing. Offered me a job in a city too far away - ended up taking a lay off.
Incompatible with co-workers
Seasonal Engraver (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MD 20716July 17, 2016
All in all, it was a great seasonal job and I enjoyed what I did. However, my manager and I had vastly different values, which made it a difficult work setting for me.
Pros
Gained new creative abilities
Cons
Short breaks, not-too-friendly atmosphere, no room for error
Very supportive Regional Manager and corporate staff included.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 9, 2016
This company is very sales and numbers focused. They also depend on the customer feedback. I personally think it was a well balanced, goal oriented company.
Learning the art of how to engrave
Engraver/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJJuly 7, 2016
Around the holidays it can be VERY VERY busy, which is understandable considering its a personalization store. On the schedule it would say you were working a 12 hour shift, but you would end up working past closing, throughout the night, and possibly until the next morning until opening.
Someone I know has been there for quite a while, is the only one in school, and yet the manager at the time told them that their job would be on the line if they wanted to take off only one day a week when they're open only 7 hours that day (sundays) and work every day of the rest of the week.
Pros
discount, making friends with friendly people
Cons
working over night/well past your shift, working without breaks
Too much work for single coverage! Stressful!
High volume store manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2016
Management positions are difficult-too much to do with continual cutting of store hours. Sales associates have it the easiest.

Typical day-No true breaks including lunch. A bite here and there if you are able. Management has to mainly work on single coverage. You have to help customers-run back to engraver (Have to complete within short time period so customers can take with them)-run back to help customers who came in PLUS pull and engrave online orders that come through your store. Utterly Crazy working environment.

If you enjoy no work/life balance, lots of stress and low pay then you will love Things Remembered!
Pros
Customers
Cons
No work/life balance, lots of stress, no breaks, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Things Remembered. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9