Things Remembered Employee Reviews

Loved this job
Part Time Key Holder / Engraver (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJJanuary 11, 2018
Everyone I worked with here became my second family. We were all really close and worked together really well. No matter what the situation was everyone was very helpful and openminded. No one ever made anyone else feel left out or like they were useless. The customers in this location were very particular but for the most part even they were upbeat and loved coming in to the store. Every position gets training when first hired and periodically. The overall environment is amazing
It was an alright place to work, tho, I would not recommend to anyone.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  North Jackson, OHJanuary 11, 2018
It was just a factory job, so I guess if you like the norm of things, go for it. You don't really get to know too many people, you're kind of off by yourself, doing your job.
Pros
No matter what- they made you eat lunch.
Cons
Short breaks, besides lunch.
Stressful yet the pay was good
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 10, 2018
It was an overall nice place to work, it was just stressful and busy around the holidays, like any retail store, but the pay was good and it wasn't terrible
poor
engraver (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 8, 2018
very messy and out of date.
The machines for engraving were constantly needing adjustments and were on their last leg of life. The whole computer system is very complicated leaving the employee with frustrated customers
Pros
engraving
Cons
technology and lack of maintenance
The worst place to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2018
Don’t even bother, upper management is completely all over the place. They don’t try to help you improve all they do is critize you and expect you to fix things you were never taught how fix. They don’t care about the livelihood of their employees, you can work 101 hours in a week and never even receive a thank you from anyone. They don’t set you up for success with the very little training they give. Holidays with family will be non existent if you work for this company.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, no communication, never know how your doing until It’s too late.
Fast Paced, Interesting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 7, 2018
Engraving must be done in a timely manner. If not done in a timely manner then customers will come in upset. Any customer will be upset though as they should me.
Fun place with unique niche
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 6, 2018
Helping customers find the perfect gift with the perfect message is very rewarding. The managers I worked under were great but often had issues communicating and getting what was needed out of District Managers due to our more secluded location. I was unhappy with how they handled a situation while the store I was the ASM for was closing and I do still hold some resentment to that situation. I am however still employed as at part time sales and continue to enjoy the day to day workings of the job.
Pros
Fun, good discount, lots of learning
Cons
low hours for PT, questionable upper management
learn a skill
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 3, 2018
it was a good place to learn a more specialized type of customer service. it was custom so you really had to have a lot of attention to detail. overall it was a good place to learn.
Pros
people
Cons
hours
Under valued and over worked
Store Manager/Regional Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAJanuary 3, 2018
I left the company because I was working at least open to close 6 or more days a week with no respite. Company management was indifferent to this issue. The salary I received was not worth the amount of time I had to put into the job. I was paid half of half time for any overtime hours I worked.

I was really only allowed to pay my part time staff minimum wage.

The company placed a lot of emphasis on increasing sales and minimizing their damages/misengraves as much as possible. Which is great but that is their sole focus, even above employee satisfaction.
I received very little support from my direct supervisor or upper management. It was very frustrating.
Pros
Free engraving, excellent benefits
Cons
over worked, no work life balance, no support, lots of undue stress
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 3, 2018
Proficient in basic skills of store operations to include: engraving, performance of all register transactions, and equipment maintenance
Participate in store activities such as stocking, inventory, processing incoming and outgoing merchandise shipments, housekeeping, and display sets
Ability to partner and work as a team with a diverse team
Responsible for LP measures of security and safety at all times while working
Work single coverage
wouldn't recommend
Seasonal Engraver (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJanuary 2, 2018
catty, employees are not nice people were not very nice to customers. only cared about the money and getting through the day. talk about each other ruthlessly.
Pros
discounts
Cons
catty, no advancement, uneducated
It’s a fun work place
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 2, 2018
Cool place to fulfill customers gifts for loved ones, also a great place for wedding gifts and the whole wedding party. Things Remembered have fast engraving and online ordering
Pros
Good environment and a respectful crew
Cons
Only one employee in the store at a time
Loved traveling, meeting new people
Sales (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MS and Jackson, MSDecember 31, 2017
Enjoyed traveling , interviewing new hires, setting up the new store locations. Meeting new people.

This experience helped me to grow as a person and be confident in all of my endavers.
A learning experience
Assistant Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 30, 2017
Working for Things Remembered was quick paced and a great company to gain experience developing customer service. Quickly learned the best way to approach customers and help them find the best gift possible within their budget.
Pros
great pay
Would not recommend unless upper management makes necessary changes.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCDecember 29, 2017
You work in store typically by yourself which can be hard at times
since gets really busy.

You don't have a scheduled break or lunch and during busy times
you work through lunch/break times.

Some training is provided for the engraving machine but not much
you have to be a self motivated individual and teach yourself using a
manual which isn't up to date.
Pros
Nice products and helping customer create lasting memories.
Cons
Pay, Benefits, Upper Management department doesn't value their employees
Fun and relaxed, yet stressful
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEDecember 28, 2017
Its fun and relaxed. Everyone is nice and kind. Its stressful when it is a holiday coming up. I’ve enjoyed working here because the people are nice and though we all very in age we all are relatable in some way.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Stressful people
fun creative retail
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCDecember 22, 2017
Things remembered is an amazing place to work. Its high paced as most retail with the added benefit of learning a new skill such as engraving and the ability to be part of personal gift giving.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 21, 2017
I loved working there and would go back if possible.
Opening the cash registers and store. Closing the registers and store Empting trash cans. Dusting displays. setting up displays.
Writing down and documenting sales. Making transactions. Learning about all the new items. training was in store and easy. The hardest part of this job was the amount of things to learn but I'm a fast learner so it was okay. Easiest was selling the items. Great customer service goes a long way
things remebered
EMBROIDERY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  North Jackson, OHDecember 19, 2017
this was a very easy job to do they gave you the right amount of training that you would need thee only bad ting was that it was 3rd shift that they had me on
Stressful and long hours
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHDecember 18, 2017
If you’re a single person or just starting out post-college then this is probably a place that you could enjoy working at. However, if you have a family or personal obligations that don’t allow for regular extended work days and a stressful environment than this is not the place for you. No amount of money can replace time with your loved ones and children, and that’s something this company and management doesn’t seem to comprehend.
Cons
No 401k match, poor management structure, high turnover