Things Remembered Employee Reviews

Slow paced sales store
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GANovember 8, 2016
A typical day at things remembered includes opening the store which mean bringing out products in front of store to get customers to come inside . Preparing the store for daily traffic. Getting the register handled before opening, making sure there is change to break larger bills. Greeting all customers who come into the store and informing them of all products and directing them into the right product for them. We get all kinds of customers, they are very personable. I learned about engraving machines, different style fonts, etc.
Pros
food court for lunch break
Cons
SLOW paced
Fast paced work environment
Engraver/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 4, 2016
Worked independently during shifts in a fast paced environment, with brief slow periods that were used to recover. Management was great. Worked 5-6 days a week. Frequently called in to cover shifts for other employees. The most enjoyable thing was to see happy faces of satisfied customers.
Pros
could work independently
Cons
low paid for the amount of work involved
80 Hours in one Week
Assistant Store Manager/ Stand-In Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXAugust 21, 2016
During any Holiday the engravers are told they can not go home until the engraving is completely done for the day, unfortunately that means engravers can and will be there until open the next morning during serious Holidays like Christmas. Also management loves you until they have worked you to the bone then they looks for reasons to get rid of you.
Different retail atomosphere
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Maybrook, NYFebruary 26, 2017
It's not just folding or lacing. It's helping customers realize occasions and moments. It's a different kind of connection with customer that is different from anywhere else in retail. You also have to learn the production aspect of the business which not many other retailers have.
Pros
Learn the sales and production aspect of business
Cons
not enough payroll or people hired for the job
Pay sucks but top retail dog awesome workplace culture
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAFebruary 8, 2017
Things remembered is an extended family and the other sister stores and our own home base made sure that we all were helping each other out as well as our customers, the pay sucks, however the workplace environment was a positive one from the seasonal sales associates to the higher up managers it was everyones goal to make each other and the customers happy.
Seasonal work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIJanuary 5, 2017
I had a blast working here. No complaints except for the Seasonal hours ending. The main focus was planning and organization with this company. We organized production and customer service as well as attended and dealt with multiple tasks at once. We had no problem meeting the goals we had set, as well as the goals given to
me. The Christmas seasonal helped to keep this position interesting, creative and efficient.
Very productive work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIJune 28, 2016
Other than holidays, there was always single coverage so you spend a lot of time by yourself. During your shift you are required to meet a sales goal, provide quality engraving in a timely manner and maintain cleanliness of the store. Management was very flexible and understanding; always available when I had questions (because like I said, majority of the time it was single coverage.) Things Remembered was such a smooth sailing job with hard working co-workers. We had great communication amongst our team!
Working for Things Remembered was very interesting and personalizing gift for others was so touching
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJanuary 14, 2017
Things Remembered was a very interesting job I met many people with many different personalities once you met their wants and needs you were than able to help them with engraving on a product.
Pros
Worked around our personal schedules
Cons
No health care
Fun to work at!
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dickson City, PADecember 21, 2016
This is great place to work at! You don't have much down time, with greeting customers and engraving what they purchase you constantly have something to do which is nice. A typical day is making sure everything is set out nicely and dust free and that you are available for your customers and that you know your products. Engraving the items is always a fun thing to do as well.
Very easygoing environment
Sales Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CADecember 27, 2016
This job was very relaxed with the addition of meeting new people. It was a great experience overall to be able to learn to engrave on different surfaces, meet new customers, and build great rapport with them. You do have to be able to pay attention to detail, for the job revolves around this, and you definitely have to be able to multitask.
only worked here a short time
Consultant for Visual Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 23, 2017
I do not feel my experience at this company qualify me to make a judgment. I had a great experience at the corporate headquarters. I worked at a few stores and always had great encounters.
Overall not a horrible company to work for, but little opportunity for advancement.
Management (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 24, 2016
Not a lot of opportunity for advancement in my area, corporate office is not great with communication or resolving issues. Benefits are fairly good.
Pros
Healthcare, paid time off.
Cons
Lack of competence in upper management, lack of opportunity for advancement.
Okay place to work.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  North Jackson, OHFebruary 9, 2017
okay place to work for customer service but don't hold your breath for seasonal positions. the pay is good but you will only work for the season. you get to work and have to fight over a desk and fight over a chair. the chairs aren't very good and they hurt your back.
Easy and fast pace
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  MichiganMarch 12, 2017
I love working for this company. I feel like I have room to grow and that I'm trusted doing my job. Only con I would say is after a while once you were trutsed it becimes solo coverage which can be intimidating
Fast paced and team oriented
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAFebruary 6, 2017
I was not only in sales but an engraver as well, it was great personalizing merchandise for clients to turn into forever memories with their loved ones.
Pros
Engraving experience
Cons
No accountability for managers, sales associates were accountable for all aspects of the store
Fun place to work but very hard and requires alot of commitment.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  VADecember 13, 2016
I've enjoyed working here for 2+ years but we never get lunch breaks and always work alone. This line of work is too demanding for single coverage and they expect way too much out of you.
Pros
Learning to engrave
Cons
No breaks and always working alone
Good place to work as a student
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Summit MallDecember 9, 2016
This was an enjoyable place to work, in the beginning. Then the company as a whole made cuts and changes and we went from working together to one person on a shift at a time. The only time you would ever see another person was during shift change or Christmas.
Great environment, needs to improve workflow management.
Engraver (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTJanuary 12, 2017
The environment was stellar, all the employees knew their jobs and on good days the shop worked like clockwork. On the bad days, there was no way to know who was doing what or when something was due. Not a bad place to work by any means, but just be prepared.
Good company to work for!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ocoee, FLAugust 2, 2016
It's a fun job and the management is considerate and kind. I've been offered opportunities to move up because my hard work has been recognized, which is always a great thing from a company.
A great job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaJanuary 5, 2017
I really liked working at TR because it's different from the average store. You get to have a personal connection with each customer. Everyone I worked with was great and you could tell they took pride in their job/work.
Pros
fun. great customers. great coworkers
Cons
single coverage most times. No real breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Things Remembered. Our community is ready to answer.